• Published 14th Aug 2017
  • 1,216 Views, 43 Comments

Apart From The Pegasi - KillerChainsaw



When a mystery pegasus from Cloudsdale walks into Princess Twilight and Rainbow Dash's lives, telling them that they also want the feud between the two towns to be over, could peace be all that they are looking for?

  • ...
6
 43
 1,216

A Place To Come Home To

As the bright morning sun had not long risen high in the blue sky, Twilight had woken up early once again, however she being the only one that had done so as Spike and Rainbow Dash were still soundly sleeping in their beds, while the Princess stood in the kitchen getting everything ready for breakfast so that there would be nothing to slow them down, as for today Twilight had a plan for all three of them.

Standing back from all the freshly made food on the counter Twilight nodded to herself and smiled in satisfaction, looking to the fully prepared meal and did one last check over to make sure everything was ready, before she turned and left the kitchen, heading upstairs to go and wake up Spike, having a little trouble with waking up the young dragon and then moving on to her own bedroom that she shared with her marefriend, slowly sliding open the wooden door as she walked into the room and smiled upon seeing Dash's peaceful sleeping form still cuddled up in her bed, just the way she had left her.

Dash sighing in her restful sleep as she soon felt a strain on her eye-lids, blinking them as she stirred awake and could see the blinding light of the morning sun streaming into the bedroom from the now open curtains, lifting her head from the pillow and noticing Twilight opening the window as she came to stand beside the bed with a cheerful smile to the cyan pegasus, greeting her happily.

"Good morning Dash!" Twilight stated as she nuzzled Dash lovingly, before quickly pulling the covers off of her, while Dash sat up in bed and looked to the Princess with a raised eyebrow.

"Hey, why are you waking me up so early?" the pegasus asked as she yawned a little and wondered just what Twilight was looking so excited about, while the Princess just encouraged her to get up and out of bed.

"Because today we're going out for a bit," Twilight simply answered, which just caused for Dash to seem more confused now.

"Okay, where are we going?"

"You'll soon see, now come on, your breakfast is all ready for you, so up you get," Twilight stated as she started to nudge Dash with her head and push her to get out of the bed, Dash seeing that she obviously wasn't going to get any kind of explanation from her marefriend, as she just sighed and guessed she wouldn't be getting the lie-in that she had been hoping for this morning, and instead let Twilight nudge her out of the bed.

"Alright, alright, geez you sure are lively today Twi,"

Dash mubled out as she reluctantly got out of bed and stretched a little, going to question why Twilight was acting so energetic this morning, but didn't get much of a chance to, as the Princess soon was leaving the bedroom and encouraging Dash to follow after her, while the pegasus just rolled her eyes and sighed, letting Twilight lead her downstairs and to the kitchen, where she saw a very tired looking Spike sitting at the kitchen table, looking unamused and also quite exhausted.

"So Twi dragged you out of bed as well huh?" Dash asked as she came to sit beside Spike at the table, while Twilight quickly went over to all the prepared food she had out on the counter, and quickly used her magic to move it all onto the table for them all to enjoy together.

"Yeah, I'm not sure what for though," Spike said as he shook himself awake, still feeling really tired, but the food that was now in front of him soon distracting him, and causing him to focus on eating his breakfast instead.

"She told me that we were going somewhere, but she hasn't said where yet," Dash stated as she unlike Spike looked to Twilight instead of their breakfast, as she raised her eyebrow to the Princess again.

"Come on then you two eat up, after all the faster you finish, the faster we can all get moving," Twilight cheerfully exclaimed, while she and spike were soon quickly digging into their food, while Dash was stalling a little and still questioning just what was going on with her marefriend right now.

Twilight noticing that Dash wasn't eating anything, as she looked to her with a questioning expression, "Aren't you hungry Dash?" she asked, while all she got in reply from her marefriend was a strange look, as the pegasus didn't answer her for a few moments, causing Twilight to become a little confused, before Dash now narrowed her eyes and sat back in her chair.

"Just what are you planning Twilight?"

Dash asked as she gave her marefriend a suspicious look, while Twilight just looked back to her with a nervous smile, not replying for a moment, before she figured she might as well tell Dash just what was going on with her since she got the feeling that the pegasus most probably wouldn't eat her breakfast or anything until she got some sort of explanation from her, causing Twilight to sigh slightly and tell Dash just what she had planned for today for them all.

"Well I know how much both you and I have been worrying lately what with everything to do with Lightning Dust and where we plan to go with the two towns from here, so I think it's about time we both let ourselves have a bit of a break, and get our minds off all this for a little while. What do you think Dash?" Twilight gave a soft smile to Dash, knowing that the two of them defintely did deserve a bit of a break, and hoping that Dash would see that too and would agree to this suggestion of hers.

Dash didn't reply for a while as she seemed to be thinking a little, before she soon just shrugged her shoulders and smiled back to Twilight, "You know Twi, I think a break is just what both you and I need right now," she stated with a wink, causing Twilight to light up, as she beamed brightly back to the pegasus and nodded happily to her, before the Princess leaned in and nuzzled Dash lovingly, the two moving to then start digging into their breakfast, but stopping when Spike spoke up and caught their attention.

"So why did you wake me up so early as well? I don't have to come along with you two, do I?" the young dragon asked as he had stopped eating for a moment, hoping that he could just stay at the library and maybe be able to get a couple more hours of sleep, however his hopes being crushed when Twilight simply nodded her head in reply.

"You've been staying in the library a lot lately Spike, so it'll be good for you to get out for a little while as well," Twilight stated with a smile, while Dash smirked slightly and Spike just sighed and nodded his head, agreeing to spend the day with the other two since he guessed their wouldn't be much point to trying to get out of this when he already knew that he would be fighting a losing battle.

And so the three continuined to finish their breakfast, before they all soon put the dirty dishes into the sink to be washed later, and within a few minutes more they had all left the library and were now heading out into the town of Ponyville together to start their day.

....

The three now walking through the market of Ponyville as Rainbow Dash and Spike were looking all around, wondering just where they were heading to, while Twilight seemed to be focused on the exact place that she had been planning to go to today, leading the other two at a relatively quick pace, causing Dash and Spike to look to each other every so often, just waiting to see where they would end up by the end of all this.

"Twilight just how long are we going to walk for? Where even is this place that you're taking us to?" Dash asked while Twilight just glanced back to her with a cheerful smile.

"I'll tell you when we get there," Twilight simply stated, while Dash just rolled her eyes and sighed deeply, reluctantly continuing to follow after the Princess, and hoping that they would come to their destination soon enough.

However as they all walked through the busy town together they soon came to where Applejack's apple cart had beeb set up for today, Dash stopping as she saw the farm pony talking with Pinkie Pie, and tilting her head a little as she noticed that they both seemed to have somewhat concerned expressions on their faces, Dash wondering just what the two earth ponies were talking about right now.

"It's not all that far now Dash..."

Twilight paused as she and Spike looked back to see where Dash was, noticing that the pegasus was no longer following them, as they both now saw her standing still and looking over into the market. Twilight and Spike glancing to each other for a moment, as they both wondered just why Dash had stopped and what seemed to have grabbed her attention all of a sudden.

The Princess and Spike quickly came over to Dash, catching her attention a moment later, "Is something the matter Dash?" Twilight asked, causing Dash to now shake her head and look back to her.

"Huh? No...it's nothing, I was just wondering about something as all," Dash answered, smiling nervously to Twilight, causing the Princess to raise her eyebrow slightly in return, as she was about to question her marefriend more, but not getting the chance to as she and the other two then heard a familiar voice calling to them all loudly.

"Twilight! Rainbow Dash! Spike! Over here!"

The three all turned to the voice, and sighed a little in unison as they saw Pinkie Pie waving to them wildly, while she called out to them again, Twilight shrugging her shoulders as she decided to go over and see what the earth pony wanted while Spike and Dash closely followed after her, as they all walked over to Pinkie and Applejack, greeting them as they came to see what it was that Pinkie had called to them for.

"Good morning Pinkie, Applejack, was there something that you wanted?" Twilight asked as she politly smiled to the two earth ponies, while they greeted her Dash, and Spike back politely.

"Mornin' Twilight, Pinkie here was just wondering where Lightning Dust was as all," Applejack simply ansewered, before Pinkie quickly chimed in.

"I thought she would be with you all this morning, where is she?" Pinkie asked looking like she was really concerned all of a sudden, causing Twilight, Dash and Spike to glance to one another for a moment, before they all looked back to Pinkie again.

"She's staying up in Cloudsdale today, but why do you want to know where she is?" Twilight asked, wondering just what this was all about, as were Dash and Spike at the moment.

"Because I want to throw her a 'Welcome to Ponyville' party obviously, but I'm not sure what flavor cake icing she likes, and I can't just make her anything because she might not like it, and then she won't be able to eat the cake, and if I pick the wrong coloured streamers she might not like the party at all, and her welcome will be completely ruined!" Pinkie rambled on in a rushed and loud voice, all while she had quite the worried expression on her face, while Twilight and the others all now glanced to Applejack for a moment.

"Yeah she's been like this all morning," the farm pony stated, sighing slightly while Twilight just chuckled a little, smiling to Applejack, before she looked back to the worrying pink pony again with a reassuring smile.

"Pinkie, Lightning Dust isn't going to be living here, she'll still be living up in Cloudsdale- Twilight started to explain but was then soon cut off by Pinkie.

"I know that, but since she's going to be coming here more often, then we should at least throw a small party for her, so that she can get to know more of the ponies here in Ponyville," Pinkie stated looking to Twilight with a serious expression now, while Twilight just smiled back to her nervously not knowing how to respond to her at first.

"Well I'm sure that whatever you end up coming up with, Lightning Dust is sure to enjoy it," Twilight tried to reassure Pinkie, glancing back to Spike and Dash for their help, and then her eyes widening as a sudden idea quickly began forming inside her mind, as she looked to Spike with a slight smirk, before turning back to Pinkie again, "In fact Spike here would be happy to help you with the preparation for the party, right Spike?" she stated glancing back to Spike as the young dragon just looked confused for a moment.

"Really you'll help me Spike?"

Pinkie asked with a hopeful look in her eyes, as Spike just looked to Twilight, about to question why she had suddenly chosen to tell Pinkie that he would help her, but only got a slight stern stare from the alicorn, and just sighed heavily in return.

"Yeah sure, I guess I can lend a claw," Spike nodded in reply reluctantly, while Twilight just nodded with a smile to Pinkie.

"Oh thank you Spike!"

Pinkie cheered happily, looking like she was feeling more postive about this 'Party' now, and started to explain everything about it to Spike, while the young dragon just sighed again. Dash meanwhile raising her eyebrow to Twilight, as she wondered just what she was planning now.

Dash walking over to Twilight as she tapped her on her shoulder and caughter her attention, as Twilight now looked to her, wondering what she wanted as the pegasus leaned into her more, "Twilight, just what are you doing?" she whispered in her ear, while Twilight just smiled and whispered back to her.

"Just play along, and trust me,"

Twilight said with a wink to her marefriend, causing Dash to just look confused as she was about to question the Princess again, but Twilight spoke up before she got the chance to open her mouth, "Listen Dash and I have somewhere to be right now, so we'll catch up with you all later okay?" Twilight asked Pinkie and Applejack, as Pinkie just nodded to her happily.

"Sure thing Twilight," Applejack replied with a smile to the Princess.

"But Twilight..." Spike was about to protest as he didn't really want to stay here, but just paused as all he got was another stern stare from the Princess, and so just decided to stay quiet instead, as he rolled his eyes and turned away from Twilight.

"Alright see you all later," Twilight stated as she turned and walked away, gesturing for Dash to follow her, as the cyan pegasus just continued to look confused but slowly followed after the Princess anyway, hoping that this would all start making sense to her soon enough.

"Bye Twilight! Bye Rainbow Dash!"

Pinkie waved to Dash and Twilight as they slowly started to walk away from her and the other two, Dash still unsure of just what was going on here as she followed after Twilight, and Spike watched them go with a slight sigh. Dash and Twilight soon walking off into the distance, while Spike was still just as confused as Dash, about just what was happening right now, and what kind of plan Twilight had at this current moment in time

....

Twilight happily now leading Dash to the outskirts of Ponyville, having a beaming smile on her lips, while Dash was still confused as to where exactly Twilight was taking her, wondering if she should even ask the Princess just where they were heading, but guessed that she wouldn't get the answer that she was looking for, and so just decided to stay quiet, and wait and see where the two of them would end up, kinda hoping that it wouldn't be much further from here.

Looking to Twilight with a slight sigh Dash felt like starting up a conversation as it sort of felt like things had become slightly awkward between them now, but before she could open her mouth to say anything, Twilight suddenly gasped and caused Dash to look to her with a questioning expression.

"We're here!" the Princess exclaimed as she happily lead the way, picking up her pace as she ran up a steep hill that they had come to, Dash quickly running after her as she followed close behind her marefriend.

"Wait up Twilight!"

Dash quickly caught up with Twilight, as the both of them soon came to the very top of the steep hill. Dash stopping as she tried to catch her breath, while she saw her marefriend standing at the edge of the hill, looking down to what was below them at the moment. Getting her breath back, as she sighed Dash came walking over to Twilight and stood beside the Princess, her magenta eyes going wide as she also looked down to what they could see below them.

Gazing down Rainbow Dash now stared in awe of what she saw, below the steep hill lay seemily endless fields of countless flowers swaying in the calm breeze all being different colours as they caused the scenery to look like a beautifiul painting, Dash wondering just where they were right now as she looked back to Twilight who was standing behind her with a cheeful smile still formed on her lips.

"What is this place?"

Dash asked glancing over the view that was below them once more, as the cool wind blew through her rainbow mane, and caused her to shiver a little as a slight chill nipped at her neck, looking back to Twilight a moment later as she noticed that the Princess was now lying down on the grassy hill over-looking the fields of flowers, gesturing for Dash to come and lay down beside her.

"Applejack once told me about it, saying that it's a great place to go and to clear your head when you need it, and although she told me all about this place, it sure is quite the beauitful view to see with your own eyes, so I thought I would bring you here to give us a little bit of a escape from everything that is going on in our lives right now. And to be honest I'm actually quite surprised I was able to remember just where Applejack had told me this place was," Twilight explained as Dash gave one last look out to the fields of lovely flowers blowing in the wind below them, before she came walking over to the Princess and lay down beside her guessing that Twilight may have wanted them to be here alone, which was most likely why she had made Spike stay behind in the town with Pinkie Pie.

Twilight smiling as she rested her hoof on top of Dash's and snuggled up close to her, while Dash bluhsed slightly, lying her wing over her marefriend as she held her close, and nuzzled her lovingly, both of them sighing in content a moment later as they looked off into the horizon together.

Dash looked to Twilight slightly as she watched her lavender eyes close slowly as she seemed to be happily letting the cool wind blow through her mane, and relax her, while the pegasus had a slightly nervous expression formed on her face, wondering if she should speak right now, as it seemed like she just wasn't able to relax and clear her mind like Twilight was, still thinking about a few things as she sighed again and broke their sweet silence a moment later.

"I wonder what Lightning is doing right now," Dash stated seeming like she was just thinking out loud more than anything else, but still causing Twilight to open her eyes and frown slightly as she looked to Dash with what seemed like a displeased expression on her face, while Dash just looked back to her questionably.

"What?" Dash asked as all she got in reply from Twilight was a raised eyebrow.

"We came here to clear our heads of all that stuff, so don't you go bringing it back up again," Twilight stated with a slight stern stare, causing Dash to look to her nervously again.

"Right sorry, I...I guess I can't help it, I still have a lot on my mind at the moment," Dash said, smiling nervously while Twilight just sighed as she guessed they might as well talk about it since Dash had now brought her attention back onto the subject as well, and it didn't seem like the pegasus was going to be able to clear her head of it anytime soon unfortunately.

"The truth is we can't know how things are going for her right now up in Cloudsdale, we just have to trust that she hopefully knows what she's doing at this point," Twilight stated looking to Dash with a reassuring expression, while Dash widened her eyes a little, before just sighing heavily and nodded to her marefriend in return.

"I know," she replied it being clear that she was still unsure about Lightning, when really she should be taking Twilight's advice and allow herself to focus on something else for a change, however that seeming to be not an easy task for her to do at the moment,"It's just...when we talked yesterday, she made me think about something," she added figuring that she might as well get this all off her chest as right now she didn't want it to be resting on her shoulders anymore.

"Made you think about what?"

Twilight asked seeming interested as it was obvious that she had wanted to avoid talking about the things that were bothering and getting Dash down, but the fact that they had already started, and it seemed like the pegasus was quite willing to open up to her, she decided to go along with it for now, guessing that it was also good for her marefriend to get a few things off of her chest that had been holding her back a lot lately.

"About Cloudsdale, about going back there, how I'm not ready to face the other pegasi yet, and the fact that I can't go back to my own house. It made me think...what if...what if I'll never be ready to face them? What if I'll never feel safe enough to go back home again? What will I do then?" Dash asked a worried expression forming onto her face, causing Twilight to look concerned for her marefriend seeing just how much this had all been getting to Dash, and feeling kinda glad that she wasn't keeping this all to herself anymore.

"Dash you know you can keep staying with Spike and me, we really don't mind having you around- Twilight tried to reassure Dash that she could always keep staying with her, not wanting her to think that she would have to think about moving back into her cloud home right now, but was soon cut off by the pegasus.

"I can't depend on you forever Twilight, and it's not that I don't love living with you and Spike, it's just...it's already been more than a month since I've been back home, and just how much longer will I keep avoiding going back there?!" Dash questioned, raising her voice, and causing Twilight to widen her eyes slightly, looking a little surprised by the pegasus's volume suddenly raising, while Dash just sighed and turned away from the Princess nervously now, as she kinda wished that she hadn't started talking about this at all for a moment.

Twilight sighed slightly as she was worried for her marefriend, knowing that she had a lot to deal with right now, and wanting to help her with it all in someway, however not really knowing just how she was going to do that for a few moments as she tried to think, and luckily an idea soon formed inside her mind, smiling now as she looked to Dash again and caught her attention be nudging her slightly with her muzzle, and replying to her in a calm and collected tone.

"Well it's not like Spike or I will be kicking you out anytime soon, it's not like you're a burden to us at all, and our door is always open for you. No matter how long it may take for you to be ready to go back to your own home again, you can continue to stay with us for as long as you need. After all you'll always be welcome in my home even when you feel safe in Cloudsdale again, you can still always come and stay with me whenever you may need or simply want to," Twilight gave a caring smile to Dash as she nuzzled her and hoped that she had made her feel a little more secure, while Dash just widened her eyes slightly and nodded her head a few moments later.

"Thanks Twi, it's good to know that I'll always have a home with you," she stated with returned smile to her marefriend, feeling a little better now that she had talked about some of the things that had been constantly bothering her for a while, and was glad to finally get things off her chest for a few moments and maybe now she could actually relax a little.

"Of course you will Dash, no matter what,"

Twilight replied as she nuzzled Dash again, while the pegasus pulled her closer as she nuzzled her back and they both looked out at the stunning view that was below them, slipping into a peaceful silence as they lay cuddling for what seemed like hours, neither one of them wanting to get up and leave at any time, as they both kinda wished that time would stop for them in this perfect moment that they shared. The two soon leaning in for a sweet kiss, as they let themselves think that they were alone in the world for a little while, before they would eventually have to come back and face reality again.

....

Twilight and Rainbow Dash staying together on that hill until late afternoon started to roll around, knowing that they couldn't stay there forever unfortunately, now having headed back into Ponyville again soon being able to meet up with Spike again as it seemed like the young dragon had somehow gotten away from Pinkie Pie and was coming to greet them both.

"Hey it's about time that you two came back, just where did you go anywhere?" Spike asked as he was glad to see the two mares again, while Twilight and Dash just smiled and greeted him back happily.

"It's a secret," Twilight stated as she gave Dash a smile, that Dash just chuckled to slightly, causing Spike to look confused for a moment, raising his eyebrow, before the cyan pegasus changed the subject.

"It looks like you got away from Pinkie then?" She questioned, with a nervous smile to the young dragon, as he just nodded in reply.

"Yeah somehow, but it seems like she's got this whole 'Party for Lightning Dust' planned out now," Spike stated with a slight sigh, feeling mentally drained from the morning that he had had, hoping to now just go back to the library and have a nice late lunch and relax finally.

"Oh yeah? That's good," Twilight said, with a smile, before Dash spoke up again,

"Do we even know if Lightning likes parties?" she asked as the three all started to walk towards the library, heading home together, while Spike answered the pegasus,

"Everypony likes parties,"

"Not everpony,"

"I'm sure she'll enjoy herself there,"

Twilight stated while the other two continued to go back and forth, causing the Princess to just roll her eyes with a slight smile, thinking for a moment as she looked to Dash and Spike talking to each other casually, 'Even if Dash might someday be ready to leave and go back to her own home, I don't think I will ever get used to the thought of her not being around as much anymore, I've gotten so used to waking up beside her everyday that...I'm not sure how I'll feel when she goes, and I'll have to sleep alone again,' she thought, biting her bottom lip a little, only really realizing now that Dash wasn't the only that didn't feel quite ready for her to go back to her own home at the moment.

'I need to not think about that right now, after all it doesn't seem like Dash will be leaving anytime soon,' the Princess shook her head slightly as she didn't want to start getting herself worked up over something that she didn't really need to be worried about just yet, and just pushed those concerns to the back of her mind for now.

The three making their way to the library together as they soon came to the old oak tree, and Twilight sighed slightly as she looked to their home and smiled, glancing to Dash as she and Spike had stopped with their constant back and forth now it seemed

"Home sweet home,"

Dash stated with a smile and a wink to Twilight, while the Princess just nodded happily, as they all walked up to the front door, and opened it, ready to get started on their lunch, however all three of them freezing as their eyes went wide and shocked expressions formed on their faces.

The Library was trashed, all the books had been throw off their shelves and onto the floor, some of them having pages ripped out of them, as paper covered the floor, Spike, Dash and Twilight looking around as they slowly walked into their home and came into the kitchen and dining area, seeing that they had both been trashed as well with the chairs and table broken, all of the food emptied out of the fridge and splattered onto the floor and walls, milk having been spilt all over the floor, plates smashed everywhere and the whole room looking like some sort of awful disaster had struck while they had all been gone.

The three soon finding that luckily only the downstairs had been wreaked as the they all looked around their trashed home and Twilight sighed heavily as she hung her head low, Dash looking to her with a concerned expression,"Who woud do this?" the Princess asked as she could feel tears welling up in her eyes and soon streaming down her cheeks, as Dash came walking over to her and nuzzled her slightly.

"I don't know...but I intent to find out,"

Dash stated with a determined look in her eyes, as she rested her hoof on Twilight's shoulder and smiled to her slightly, Twilight just nodding in reply as she snuggled into Dash, and let her embrace her closely, while she nuzzled her marefriend back.

Spike stood looking to the two mares with a worried expression also wondering just who would do something like this to their home, as Dash sighed heavily, holding Twilight tightly as her shoulders shook and she cried into the pegasus's chest. Dash stroking her mane, and trying to soothe her while rather than feeling upset or worried like Spike and Twilight did, right now all she felt was pure anger towards whomever was responsible for this and wanting to find out just who the culprit was as soon as possible, gritting her teeth as she could feel her blood beginning to boil.

Author's Note:

Who do you think did it? :rainbowderp:

Thank you ever so much for reading. :twilightsmile:

KillerChainsaw ;)