• Published 12th Mar 2019
  • 741 Views, 13 Comments

Spike and the Yo-kai - Darth Severus



When Spike finds a strange capsule machine in the forest and releases a strange spirit from it, his life will never be the same.

  • ...
5
 13
 741

Y.U.C.S Mission #1: Part 1

After Spike had finished his breakfast, he waved goodbye to his mom and said, "Bye mom, I going over to see Twilight and the rest of the club!"

His mom yelled out to him, "Just be home by dinner!"

"I will mom, see ya!" before walking outside and getting his bike. As he was about to pedal off, he noticed Ember, Thorax, and Starlight coming up to his house.

Ember asked him, "Hey, where are you going? I thought we were going to go down to the museum?"

Spike gulped, he'd completely forgotten about the plans he had with his friends about the museum, but he couldn't just keep Twilight waiting. He explained, "Well, I sort of joined a Junior Detective Club, and I'm heading off to my first meeting."

Thorax's eyes glimmered when he heard Spike mention the word detective. "Cool! Do you think we could come?"

Whisper panicked saying, "How are we supposed to say no to that!? We can't just tell him the truth!"

Spike mentally facepalmed, Thorax was a huge crime and history buff. He told them, "Well... it's an exclusive club, and I was actually kind of forced to join it. They hazed me by kidnapping me and bringing me to the clubhouse."

His friends' eyes widened and Starlight asked, "Did you say they kidnapped you? Why would you join a club if they kidnapped you to initiate you!?"

Ember rolled her eyes, "Isn't it obvious Starlight? Spike thinks this detective club might help him find his father. Seriously Spike, you need to-"

Spike snapped angrily, "Shut up! Don't tell me to let go of the past! I've lived my entire life without my father around!" before pedaling off.

Whisper yelled after him, "Spike! Wait up!" before hovering off after him, trying to keep up with him.

Ember was shocked when Spike yelled at her, and Starlight told her, "He has a point you know, how would you feel if your father was never around while you were growing up?"

Thorax nodded, "Yeah, we haven't really been very sensitive when it comes to Spike and his father."

Ember sighed, "You're right, we haven't, because we all grew up with our fathers at home. Let's give him some time."

As they were riding towards the HQ, Whisper asked Spike, "Spike, don't you think you shouldn't be yelling at people who are your friends?"

As Spike rode his bike up to the Y.U.C.S HQ, he said to Whisper, "Maybe I was too harsh on Ember... but she just doesn't get how hard it's been for me and mom without dad at home."

Whisper sighed, "I suppose that's true, but she is just looking out for you. I admire your dedication to finding your father, but if you're not careful, it'll become an obsession, and when you obsess over things, you can get hurt when you discover the truth."

Spike never thought of it like that. Maybe his dad wasn't out there somewhere, maybe he was dead. He said nothing and continued pedaling to the HQ. After locking his bike up, he walked into the HQ and said, "Twilight? You here?"

Twilight hurried down the stairs from the second floor and told him, "Sorry, just had to break up a fight between some rivalling agents." She noticed Spike looked a bit bothered, and asked, "Is everything ok?"

Spike sighed, "Yeah, I just had a bit of a fight with my friends. They keep telling me that I'm living in the past and to get over my father. I know they mean well, but they don't know what it's like to grow up without a father. Also Thorax wanted to join the club after I told him it was a Junior Detective Club."

Twilight sighed, "Well, that's certainly a problem. However... Give me some time to think about it. I'll let you know if I think we can let them join. Our operations do lead us to solving actual crimes fairly often, so even if your friends don't have Yo-Kai Watches, we might be able to let them join."

Spike nodded, "Right. So what's my first mission?"

Chocolate Harmony walked downstairs, followed by Astral Shadow and said, "That's where we come in. Twilight's very busy, since she runs the Y.U.C.S. Astral Shadow and I lead our own squads, and part of your first mission is deciding whose squad you want to join. Don't be nervous, just know that I know how to have fun while on the job, whereas Astral Shadow is so uptight he killed the bug up his ass."

Astral growled lightly, "I am not uptight! I'm only strict because of Coach Iron Will's training regiment! I believe in being dedicated to the job, that's all."

Spike chuckled, "Well, no offense to you Astral, but I'll go with Chocolate Harmony."

Astral looked a bit disappointed, but smiled anyway, "None taken, as much as I hate to admit it, Chocolate Harmony is a much better fighter than me, she's beaten me in sparring matches fairly often."

Chocolate Harmony giggled, "Guilty as charged. But it's good to have you on my team Spike, follow me." before walking out of the HQ, "So, Twilight told me you solved that mystery with the people walking into traffic at the farmer's market."

Spike nodded, "Yeah, I found a Yo-Kai called Jibanyan, and he was causing people to go into traffic so he could fight trucks. I feel bad for him though, his owner called him lame after he got hit by a truck, but he still stays at that market hoping he'll see her again."

Chocolate Harmony wiped a tear from her eye, "That's so adorable, he stays loyal to his owner after all the time since his death."

Spike smiled, "Yeah, I admire his loyalty. So what's my first mission anyway?"

"Oh, right! Well, Twilight wanted me to teach you the basics of the Yo-Kai Watch, although that know it all butler of yours has probably told you a lot."

Whisper looked insulted, "I am not a know it all!"

Spike chuckled, "He's right, he can't identify a Yo-Kai without having to look at his Yo-Kai Pad."

"Th-That's not true! I'm an expert in Yo-Kai!" Whisper yelled

Chocolate Harmony giggled, "Ok, that's enough. Let's take you to Shoten Temple." before walking towards Blossom Heights, one of the neighborhoods in Canterlot.

As Spike followed her, he asked, "What's so special about Shoten Temple?"

"We'll get to that when we get there. It's best that you meet the monk there first. Actually, why don't we look for some Yo-Kai? I'll let you know if you find one that will be useful when we reach the temple." She thought for a moment and sighed, "Then again, your Yo-Kai Watch is at E Rank, and we can't upgrade it right now, so maybe going to the Crank-a-Kai would be the best idea..."

Spike raised an eyebrow in confusion, "E Rank? What does that mean?

Before Chocolate Harmony could explain, Whisper interrupted, "Allow me! Every Yo-Kai has a rank, those ranks are E, D, C, B, A, and S. The higher the rank, the stronger the Yo-Kai. However, your Yo-Kai Watch can only detect E Rank Yo-Kai right now, but Chocolate Harmony is right, the Crank-a-Kai may give you Yo-Kai of a higher rank than your watch can detect, such as Gargaros."

Chocolate Harmony sighed, "Yeah, that's it in a nut- Wait... Did you say you got Gargaros from the Crank-a-Kai!?"

Spike nodded, "What's so special about Gargaros?"

Chocolate Harmony smirked and glared at Whisper before he could say anything, shutting him up, "Well, I'd tell you, but that would spoil the fun."

Spike gulped and said, "Well, should we head to the Crank-a-Kai, or look for Yo-Kai?"

Chocolate Harmony thought for a moment, "Well, the Crank-a-Kai is all about luck, it doesn't take skill to win on a slot machine, so we'll look for Yo-Kai. Oh, one more thing, here." before pulling a book out of her bag and handing it to Spike, "This is a Medallium, it stores all the Yo-Kai Medals you've collected. I'd keep it with you at all times in case you need to summon a Yo-Kai. Just be aware, Yo-Kai live very normal lives, so don't be surprised if you have problems summoning Yo-Kai who are busy."

Spike nodded, "Got it, thanks. So where should we look for Yo-Kai?"

To be continued...