• Published 12th Mar 2019
  • 740 Views, 13 Comments

Spike and the Yo-kai - Darth Severus



When Spike finds a strange capsule machine in the forest and releases a strange spirit from it, his life will never be the same.

  • ...
5
 13
 740

Spike Meets Whisper

Spike was writing in his journal at home, "It's the 9th anniversary of the day my dad disappeared. Mom never talks about what he was like. I'm not completely surprised. Thinking of dad must bring up sad memories of the day he went missing. To be honest, I'm not completely sure my dad is even still alive. All I have to remember him by is a family picture from when I was a baby."

Spike's mother called him down, "Spike! Your friends are here!"

Spike called back down, "Ok mom, I'll be down in a minute." before finishing his journal entry and heading downstairs where Ember, Thorax, and Starlight Glimmer were sitting in the living room waiting for him. He walked over to them and asked, "Hey guys, you ready to go out?"

Ember smiled and nodded, "Yeah, let's go. summer vacation doesn't last forever, we should have as much fun as we can."

As the four of them walked around town, Spike asks, "Did you guys really have to ask me to come out today? You know I never really like doing anything on the anniversary of the day my dad vanished..."

Starlight Glimmer sighed, "Yes, we know, but you can't keep living in the past."

Spike rolled his eyes, "Yeah, whatever. Listen, I'm just going to go be alone. It's nothing personal, I just need to be alone."

His friends sighed, and Ember said, "Ok, I guess there's no convincing you, so we'll see you tomorrow then."

Spike walked towards the old forest shrine. His mom said that his dad always went there to pray and meditate. He had been doing the same lately. When he arrived at the shrine, an old man said to him, "Spike, it's good to see you. Here to pray for your father?"

Spike smiled, "It's good to see you too Mr. Oikawa. Yeah, just like always." he took his shoes off as he walked up to the alter. He closed his eyes and prayed, "Great Goddesses of Sun and Moon, Celestia and Luna. All I ask of you is to keep my father safe if he's still out there." before opening his eyes and putting his shoes back on.

As Spike walked through the forest, he heard a feminine voice saying, "Child, follow my voice."

Spike recognized the voice, it was very similar to the voice of the Goddess of Moon Luna, or at least the voice he was taught she spoke in. He wasn't one to believe in fate, but if the voice really was Luna, maybe she was answering his prayer. He followed her voice until he went deep into the forest, and found a strange machine in front of a massive tree. "A capsule machine? Why is this here?"

The voice said, "Place a coin in the machine. What's inside the machine can help you fulfil your deepest desire."

Spike's eyes widened when he heard that he could fulfil his deepest desire by placing a coin in the machine. His deepest desire was finding his dad. If putting a coin in would really help, he'd do it. He dropped a coin in the machine and turned the crank to release a capsule. "This is really weird... Maybe this is all some freaky dream..." Spike pinched himself until he was sure this wasn't a dream, and then opened the capsule.

When the capsule opened up, a cloud of smoke came out of it and as it cleared, a white ghost-like creature came out, "Free at last! Thank you so much for freeing me from that capsule! You have NO IDEA how cramped it is in there! But that's beside the point. You freed me, I shall be your butler! My name is Whisper, Yo-kai Butler at your service!"

Spike had fallen back from the smoke and his eyes widened as the Yo-kai who introduced himself as Whisper appeared, "Yo-kai!? You mean... they're real!?" He'd heard of Yo-kai before, but never thought they were real. He stood up and asked Whisper, "So, if you're my butler... are you going to be of any help finding my father? The voice that led me here told I could fulfil my deepest desire by putting a coin in the machine."

Whisper smiled, "Well, I can help you with anything, but I'm not a fighter. Here, take this coin. If you put it in the Crank-a-kai machine, it's 100% guaranteed to let out a Yo-kai friend!"

Spike's head was spinning, but he didn't really care. He'd do anything he needed to do to find his father. He put the coin in the so-called Crank-a-kai machine and opened the second capsule to reveal a dragon-like Yo-kai. "So what's this Yo-kai Whisper?"

Whisper looked at a tablet like device and said, "That's Draggie, a Dragon Yo-kai who makes people who he's inspirited show their true potential."

Spike smiled and rubbed Draggie's head, "It's nice to meet you Draggie, I'm Spike."

The dragon yawned lightly, "Nice to meet you too. I've been so cramped in there, I couldn't get a good night's sleep."

Spike chuckled, "I suppose being forced in such a small place could be uncomfortable."

Whisper nodded, "It really is. Oh! Before I forget, you'll need this!" he summoned a strange watch onto Spike's wrist, "That's a Yo-kai Watch, it lets you see other Yo-kai. Spike, I don't know where your father is, but if you befriend enough Yo-kai, I'm sure we can find him!"

Spike smiled, "Thanks Whisper, you're a good friend. My friends who aren't Yo-kai keep telling me I'm stuck in the past, but none of them understand how hard it is to grow up without a father." As the sun started to set, he started panicking, "Oh shit! If I'm not home before dinner, my mom's gonna kill me!" before running back towards his house, being followed by Whisper and Draggie. Before he opened the door, he asked Whisper, "Are you sure I'm the only one who can see you?"

Whisper nodded, "Well, technically anyone with a Yo-kai Watch, or anyone who's really a Yo-kai in disguise can see us, but other than that, you're the only one who can see us."

Spike smiled, "Good, my mom won't let me have a pet." before walking inside and saying, "Mom, I'm home!"

Spike's mother looked up from the kitchen table, "Good, I just finished making dinner." She set a plate with a rib-eye steak, garlic roasted potatoes, and green beans on the table for Spike.

After Spike finished his dinner, he headed up to his room to go to sleep. He muttered to himself as he laid on his bed, "I don't know how these Yo-kai are supposed to help me, but if Celestia and Luna really answered my prayer, I don't have much choice."

Meanwhile...

A girl who was two grades senior to Spike walked through the forest to the Crank-a-kai Machine. She whistled sharply, and a humanoid Yo-kai with dark blue hair in a ponytail, purple gi, and two living dragon-like scarves appeared and asked, "Yes Twilight?"

Twilight looked at her Yo-kai Partner, "Venoct, has anyone been here recently?"

Venoct moved his hair to expose his right eye, which in contrast to the amber eye that always shows, was blood red and had a scar over it. He looked at the Crank-a-kai Machine and said, "Yes, that boy with green hair from school was here not too long ago."

Twilight seemed shocked when her Yo-kai partner told her who had been here earlier, "Spike? Why would he be here? No... could the Goddesses of Sun and Moon chosen him as well? Strange... well, let's go home. He's probably asleep by now. We'll see if we can talk to him tomorrow."

And now, Spike finds himself into a whole new world with the power of his Yo-kai Watch. The voice who led him to the Crank-a-jai Machine told him that with the power of the Yo-kai Watch, he could find his father. But there are more mysterious things happening because of Yo-kai. It seems that Twilight Sparkle, Spike's senior by two grades, knows more about the world of Yo-kai than Spike does. And so, Spike's quest to find his father begins...