• Published 14th Jul 2012
  • 3,033 Views, 49 Comments

Hunter's Story - Horatiojones



A child in Equestria, whatever shall be done, he can't go back, so where should he go

  • ...
8
 49
 3,033

What is Love?-Chapter Tri


Fluttershy lay on the ground her two marefriends looking worriedly at her, Luna poked her lightly, which made Fluttershy stir and say “no, please, no, I just want to lay here and die”. Luna looked over at the young human she had met the day before as well as Spike, both of whom were looking very embarrassed. Hunter was the first to speak, scratching his head in a self-conscious manner saying “I’m sorry for stumbling on you like this, and for acting so shocked, it’s just where I come from, it’s usually just females and males who kiss each other, and even then it’s usually just between two”.

Luna and Twilight blushed vividly at this, while behind Hunter, Spike face palmed, and started speaking saying “we really have to tell you more about how this place works, anyways, mares kiss and stuff all the time, as theirs a lot less stallions than mares in Equestria, so not everybody would have love, unless they looked at their own gender, and love between three people is not that unusual, although there is usually at least one stallion involved”, he said, as if reciting something he had been told repeatedly, and, judging by the look he gave Twilight, who went even redder than before, he was quoting her. Hunter nodded “okay, cool, um, whys she lying on the ground then” he continued.

Twilight cleared her throat and said “oh she’s just naturally shy, and didn’t want anybody to know about our relationship, I believe it’s because dating a princesses in a trio is unusual, no matter how you look at it, but I love them both, and Luna loves us both, and Fluttershy loves both of us, equally”. Luna understanding more than she let on, then said “Hunter, please understand Fluttershy loving us doesn’t mean she won’t love you any less”.

Fluttershy was listening to her marefriends talk about her and got up, her love’s words giving her strength. Fluttershy turned to her son and said “honey, I love you, I really do, I haven’t known you long, but in that time, you have shown yourself to have an inner strength that I am very jealous of, but I love these two differently, and besides, you can easily look on them as substitute mothers” to which Twilight and Luna nodded their heads. Hunter laughed and said “ok cool, just please understand, I love you Fluttershy, anything you do is alright with me, so please don’t keep secrets from me, it hurt a little, I’ll be honest”, Fluttershy gasped at this, and said “oh no, I'm so sorry for hurting you, I didn’t even think, oh please forgive me”, and raced over and hugged him. Hunter said quietly “of course I forgive you, now I'm going back to bed” and having said so, slowly freed himself from his mother’s grasp and walked back inside with Spike, who once they were in the house, started laughing his head off.

Luna looked at her two marefriends, and said “that went alright, maybe we can tell everybody now”, causing Fluttershy to faint, again. Twilight and Luna kissed each other, and then looked over at their third, giggling, they dragged her to the nearby meadow; to continue were they had stopped when Hunter interrupted them.

Hunter awoke the next day, refreshed, to the smell of cooking eggs; he raced into the kitchen, where he found Luna making scrambled eggs. Seeing the regal mare making what he could only assume was breakfast, made Hunter laugh, causing Luna, who was concentrating strongly on her task, to drop the pan she was holding with magic in shock, and turn around, to see Hunter with an extremely bemused expression on his angelic face, his smile filling most of it. Luna looked at him seriously and said “thy does no not, what thy has done” and picked up a nearby fly swatter, and began chasing the young human through the house, while both laughed madly. Needless to say, this activity soon woke the rest of the household, with both of them getting yelled at by the three others, while they just giggled. Hunter smiled when he saw his new friend, as he had thought of something fun they could do that day, and walked over to him and said “morning Spike, do you wanna go fishing today”, to which Spike replied, rubbing sleep out of his eyes, “fishing?”, Hunter gasped, and said “you know fishing, where you catch a fish with a rod, wait, don’t tell me you guys don’t fish”. Spike looked at his friend, slightly more aware and said “nah, apparently griffins and stuff usually just catch fish with nets, what’s a rod”; Hunter said “it’s a stick with some string on it and a hook on the end of the string”. Spike nodded and said “sure sounds like fun, I'm willing to give it a go”.

Suddenly there was a rapid knocking on the door, Fluttershy trotted over to it, and opened it, somewhat surprised when she was immediately accosted by a small purple and orange Pegasus filly, which was saying “thank you, thank you thank you” over and over again. Luna walked out of the kitchen, and noticed the small filly now lying on top of Fluttershy while hugging her tightly, she looked at Twilight and winked before saying “wow that reminds me of last night, huh Twilight?” Fluttershy blushed, while the rest of them just laughed, even Scootaloo, who by then had calmed down. She laughed until it occurred to her that she didn’t know why she was laughing, “Hey, I don’t get it, why would you and Twilight have been….” she began to ask, before trailing of at the end, as she realised why. Scootaloo looked at the three of them staring in shock, before finally Twilight said “yes that’s right Scootaloo, Luna, Fluttershy and I are together now, and have been for the last few months, since nightmare night, we’ve just been keeping it a secret, but decided to tell everybody, after Hunter and Spike found out”. A quiet “I didn’t” came out from Fluttershy, under Scootaloo, and Luna responded “we put it to a vote and you lost, besides, look how well she’s taking it”, pointing at Scootaloo, who at that moment fell onto her side, dead to the world.

Hunter looked at the three adult mares, and said “hey I think you broke my new friend”, and walked over to her, before bending down and poking her wings, which for some reason sprouted outwards, as if his hands had shocked her, Scootaloo leapt up and fled to the other side of the room. Everybody else gasped, and Fluttershy said “no Hunter, don’t do that, it’s impolite to touch a Pegasus’s wings, unless she asks you”, and then after a look from Twilight and Luna, she continued “oh and a unicorn’s horn is as well”. Hunter looked apologetically towards Scootaloo and reached out his hand, before saying “sorry I didn’t know, please forgive me”, and walked over to Scootaloo, who responded “of course I do, it would be mean not to, if you didn’t know it’s not your fault”, then they hugged.

Twilight spoke up “so why the visit Scootaloo, you seem very enthusiastic about something this morning”, Scootaloo blushed having evidently forgotten why she had come in the first place, and then said “well, after Rainbow Dash saw how you had adopted Hunter yesterday, she decided to adopt me, and so now I have a new mum too, thanks to what you did Fluttershy, so I wanted to come say thank you”. Fluttershy nodded and said “that’s okay honey, I’m just glad that finally happened”. Luna looked at the rest of the occupants of the room, before saying “well I don’t know about you guys, but I’m pretty hungry”, the casualness that she was displaying shocked Scootaloo, again, and she fainted, again.

Scootaloo awoke, finding herself lying in Fluttershy’s bed, while the owner of the bed held some smelling salts under her nose. Fluttershy noticed that she was awake, greeted her and said “sweetie, Hunter and Spike are going to catch fish, but I don’t think you would enjoy that, so why don’t you go tell your friends about Rainbow Dash, I’m sure they’ll be glad to hear it”. Scootaloo nodded, and got out of the bed, the young Pegasus found herself surrounded by the worried looks of the other ponies, as well as Spike and Hunter, but on seeing her standing easily they smiled. Hunter said “Spike and me are going to go now, I have to show him how to do everything, it’s going to be a lot of fun”, and with that he and Spike left, walking towards a nearby stream, after acquiring a chopping board, a bucket and a knife.

Hunter showed Spike the ropes, and happily found that the lake in which they were fishing had many fish in it, allowing him to actually show why he so enjoyed fishing. However, he soon found that Spike had never actually killed an animal before, and his new friend was visibly sickened when Hunter stabbed a small trout like fish in the head. Hunter reassured Spike, saying “don’t worry, they don’t think, so there’s nothing wrong with this, and besides Spike, I have to eat, and I don’t want Fluttershy to have to hurt any of her animal friends”, Spike nodded his head, and even though he did join in the fishing he absolutely refused to be the one that killed them. Eventually he and Spike began just leaving the rods in the water, and mucking around besides the lake, chatting and playing games, in the greenery, while basking in the sunlight raining down upon them.

Spike and Hunter lay down, under the shade of a tree, near the river, watching the water slow move by. Hunter decided that he should ask before he did something wrong, and so enquired about interspecies relationships. Spike reacted embarrassed, before realising that he himself was in much same situation with Rarity, and explained, “well, it is actually pretty accepted, I mean, it’s not an everyday thing, but griffins and ponies get together pretty often, and dragons sometimes do with ponies, however this can only be when their younger, as when they get bigger, it apparently just wouldn’t work, for some reason”. Hunter nodded before saying “oh I bet that’s because of sex”, Spike looked over at him and asked “what’s that, I’ve always wondered, but Twilight won’t tell me, which is really hypocritical, she has tonnes of books on it locked in a safe under her bed”. Hunter responded, “it’s were two adults get naked and wrestle, because it feels good, my dad said it expresses their love, after I saw him and my mum doing it once, how it does, I really don’t know”.

Spike then asked “why did you want to know about that anyway”, Hunter blushed and responded, “oh no reason”. Spike nudged him and said “is it something to do with an orange and purple Pegasus, hmmm”, causing Hunter to blush even more, which made Spike laugh and start rolling around on the ground, while saying “I knew, I knew it”. Hunter responded “well I think you like Rarity, I saw how you were acting around her, but isn’t she a bit old for you, she’s what, 23 and you’re like my age”, Spike responded “nah she’s only 21 and I'm 16 it’s not that big a difference”. Hunter looked over at Spike in confusion, and question, “how are you 16 you’re so small”, Spike’s nostrils flared, “no I'm not I'm the exact right height for a dragon of my age, in fact I'm actually 2 centimares taller than I should be” he huffed angrily. Hunter apologised saying “sorry I didn’t know” and then paused for a bit and smiled ruefully before continuing “I guess I'm going to have to get used to saying that”, and started laughing which started Spike laughing, and they both rolled over in the dirt under the tree. They made a small meal, using Spike’s fire to cook his fish, while his friend shocked Hunter by eating some quarts rocks they found near the river, saying they tasted like marshmallows, only slightly crunchier.

Eventually the two friends grew tired of fishing, just as the sun started going down, they headed back towards Fluttershy’s cottage, where they found Twilight and Luna making themselves dinner, visibly sickened by the sight of numerous dead fish in the bucket, which Hunter quickly put it in the, magically powered fridge, the fact that it was magically powered he learnt from Twilight, who saw him stare at the fridge, trying to figure out its secrets. Both mares relaxed slightly when Hunter had put the bucket away, but Fluttershy noticeably mentioned getting a second fridge for that kind of thing, “as soon as possible”. Twilight was happy when she noticed how tired the two boys were from there day, and was glad that Hunter and Spike had become fast friends in such a short time, as she knew that Spike had really been yearning for some company of his own mental age, that weren’t female, like the cutiemark crusaders. She began to wonder if maybe Spike should start going to school with Miss Cheerilee, with kids his own age, she knew she could easily teach Spike all he would learn their, and that the dragon probably already knew it, but the social interactions that a child needed was something which spike was surely lacking.

Twilight wandered over to Spike, and was somewhat shocked when her young charge said “hey Twilight, me and Hunter were talking, and we want to know if I could go to school with him, he’s a little worried about going by himself, and I think it could be fun”, she just nodded, happy she hadn’t had to be the one to broach the idea with him. The two young boys high fived again, which just caused their smiles to grow brighter, still unused to, in Hunter’s case high fiving a dragon, and in Spike case, high fiving at all. Twilight said “ok Spike if you really want to, but don’t expect me to cut you any slack just because you might already know what your being taught, I will expect all homework to be done promptly, that goes for you to hunter, all though I expect you to actually pay attention, as you'll be learning all you need to know about equestrian society”, to which she got a response of some half-hearted “okays”.

Twilight and Fluttershy sat down, and ate dinner, while the two boys went over some ‘Daring Do’ comics that Spike had brought along the night before. Eventually, it occurred to Hunter he had seen something similar, especially the one about the crystal skull, on TV, and voiced this opinion, Spike just looked at his friend and said “what’s TV?” Hunter gasped, the fact that there was no TV only occurring to him then, he collapsed to the floor on his knees and shouted “NOOOOOOO”.


Read, Rate, Review, Do what ever you want to do.