• Published 14th Jul 2012
  • 3,033 Views, 49 Comments

Hunter's Story - Horatiojones



A child in Equestria, whatever shall be done, he can't go back, so where should he go

  • ...
8
 49
 3,033

I'm Howling at the Moon-Chapter Quatro

Sorry this took so long, and for any confusion the previous chapter might have caused, I couldn't really figure it out, and then my Internet died.


OOOOOOOOOO” and Hunter fell over, silently screaming into Fluttershy’s carpet. The owner of the carpet walked over to were Spike was poking her still screaming son with a claw, and asked, “what’s wrong”, to which Spike responded “something about, TV, whatever that is, I think he’s upset it doesn’t exist here”. Twilight walked over to Hunter and said “Hunter, what’s TV?”, causing the young human to look up with his tear stained eyes, and whisper one word, “glorious”, before collapsing back down and crying.

They left him there, watching as he slowly calmed down, until the point where he got up and apologised for his outbreak, and said “sorry about that, I just miss home, you know, it’s not that this place is bad, it’s just so different, and I’m still not really used to it”. Fluttershy hugged him and said “don’t worry, you'll get used to it”, while Twilight grabbed Spike and said “yeah it’s getting kind of late, I think Spike and I should go, goodbye guys, we’ll see you at the party tomorrow”, Spike said “goodbye, thanks for showing me how to fish”, and the two left, Spike riding Twilight.

“Fluttershy, do you think I’m ever going to fit in here?” Hunter quietly asked, after their friends had gone, “of course you will, Hunter, just remember, this is where you belong now, as surely as if you had been born here”, Fluttershy responded reassuringly. “Come on, it’s time for bed, we have a big day tomorrow, you’re going to meet all of Ponyville”, she said, and they both got up. Hunter was tucked in by Fluttershy, who kissed his forehead, and then went off to bed herself.

Hunter awoke, to a pink pony, looking right at him, her face pressed to his, eye to eye, so he yelled, waking screaming for the second time recently. Suddenly, the pink pony, which he now realised, was Pinkie Pie, shouted out “let’s party,” and quieted down, before saying “I need your help”, Hunter stared for a second before slurring out “why”. Pinkie looked down, abashed and quietly said “I don’t know what you eat”, Hunter slowly looked at her and said “anything but grass and leaves, cupcakes would be great”, Pinkie reacted, jumping up like a rocket and disappearing into a pot plant. Hunter watched the pot plant where she had disappeared, hoping she wouldn’t come back, and when she didn’t immediately appear; he rolled over and fell back asleep.

Hunter woke for the second time that day, to the delectable smell of pancakes, he burst out of bed, and ran into the kitchen, before shouting “thankyou somebody, they have pancakes”, Fluttershy smiled and laughed, “oh, so you like these” she asked, to which her son responded “like them, there the greatest thing ever, please tell me you guys have maple syrup”. Fluttershy frowned, but then smiled and said “no, but we do have zap apple jam”, Hunter almost frowned, but then smiled brightly and said “ok”. He soon found himself in front of a large stack of pancakes, spreading rainbow coloured jam on them, and he took a bite, and fell in love.

After the breakfast, Hunter dressed in another pair of clothes, consisting of khaki pants and a t-shirt, which Rarity had given him, and they walked to the Ponyville library, where the party was being held. They entered the tree, and Hunter found himself surrounded by curious ponies, who were introducing themselves and their kin, asking if he can really talk, as Pinkie Pie had told them all about him, but they were still sceptical. Hunter acted calmly answering questions as easily as he could; but he was surprised when his adopted mother hid behind her mane, and behind him.

She soon got over this when she saw Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo approaching, cooing at how comfortable they were in each other’s company. Rainbow Dash spoke to Hunter first “hey kid, sorry I didn’t introduce myself the other day, I just had something I had to do, I’m Rainbow Dash, by the way”, and offered her hoof. Hunter didn’t notice, as through the whole conversation, he had been looking at Scootaloo, love hearts for pupils in his eyes, Scootaloo, was unaware, as at that moment, her and Sweetie Belle were talking, waiting for Apple Bloom, and the rest of her family to arrive. Rainbow Dash noticed the hearts and nudged Fluttershy, asking “does he know how obvious he’s being?” Fluttershy responded “oh my no, I don’t think he does, I had better tell him”. Luckily at this point, Spike came over, and walked in front of Hunter, snapping him out of his love struck daze, while Spike just laughed, well aware of what he had just interrupted. Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash talked about raising kids, something neither knew much about, although Fluttershy was the more experienced of the two, having raised animals before, so she was offering advice on the right diet for a young filly. They discussed school, and how Spike would probably be attending to, which pleased them both as they knew the mature minded young dragon would probably be a boon to their respective children, but also about homework, at which point they agreed, that they had no real knowledge of how intelligent theirs was.
Hunter found himself approached by a green mare, which walked up to him and introduced herself as Lyra Heartstrings, before asking him about his hands, and how much of a benefit he found them in everyday life. Hunter looked at her, wondering why she would care, but was just told upon asking that she was curious, just before another mare approached him, introduced herself as Bon Bon, and then apologised, before dragging Lyra away. Hunter just thought ‘well, that was strange’ before these thoughts were interrupted by Spike asking “hey why don’t you see if we can get a giant game of chasey going, I’ll get all the other kids together, you ask the crusaders”, Hunter agreed and went over to talk to the two fillies in front of him.

Meanwhile, Fluttershy had been approached by Twilight, who much to Rainbow Dash’s and Fluttershy’s surprise, kissed Fluttershy on the mouth, and nuzzled next to her, before saying “I’m so glad you made it”. Rainbow Dash reacted, shouting “hubbuzawa”, before starting to fall, only to be caught by Twilight’s magic, the lavender unicorn then told her cyan friend, “Fluttershy, Luna and I, are dating now, you are happy for us, and wish us well”. Rainbow Dash, nodded her head, and so Twilight released her magic, once she had, she and Fluttershy found themselves wrapped in a hug by their crazy pink friend, who had seen them kiss from across the floor. Applejack walked over, her entire family, apart from Granny Smith, having just arrived, “why’s she huggin them?” she asked Rainbow Dash, who said “Twilight and Fluttershy are dating, and just admitted it, I think their also with Luna, awesome right”. The orange earth pony looked at her four friends, before asking “so where’s Rarity then, ah’m sure she’s got somein to say about this”, and found herself accosted by that very mare, having walked on this situation after a quick visit to the little fillies room to freshen up. The purple and white mare said “I assure you my dear Applejack, that I have been aware of this relationship since its very fruition, a mare like me can tell these things, and I of course approve of it, such a wonderful grouping”, and nodded sagely. Twilight and Fluttershy smiled at their close friends, before Twilight turned to her special somepony and said “see I told you they would be happy for us, don’t you feel silly now”, the pink and yellow Pegasus nodded her head, which earned her another kiss from Twilight.

Hunter in the intervening time had garnered the courage to ask Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle if they wanted to play, they accepted the offer, and they invited Apple Bloom to come, bumping into her as they were headed outside and she was headed inside. They all headed back outside, noticing the Sun was high in the sky, perfect for chasey, right before their view, apart from Hunter’s was blocked by a large red earth pony. Hunter put out his hand, and introduced himself, before giving the red stallion a chance to talk, Applebloom smiled and said “Hunter, you silly billy, this is mah brother Big Macintosh, or Big Mac, for short”, the red pony agreed by saying “eeyup”, and nodded his greeting, before side stepping them and heading inside. The four tweens went to the nearby park, where they found the rest of the towns young ponies, and Spike.

The kids all played hide and go seek chasey for a while, with Hunter hiding in tree’s, as he had found the only ponies that could get up there with him where Pegasus, and even then they didn’t really like to as the often got stuck. However, Hunter found that it was impossible for him to outrun even the smallest of ponies, their quadrupedal form, easily beating his bipedal, but he found, as he was thinner, he could hide much easier, especially with his tree climbing abilities. He did notice however, that there were two ponies he hadn’t been introduced to not playing with them, but rather where looking at him with disgust, something he found very confusing, as he done nothing he could think of to disgust anyone. Curious Hunter approached them, and said “hi there I'm Hunter” before asking “why aren’t you guys playing, come on, it’s a lot of fun”.

The pink, diamond tiara cutiemark having one spoke first, “you are the most disgusting creature I have ever seen, why would I want to play with you? And what’s this I hear about your mother being Fluttershy, how does that even work?” Hunter blushed, and said “oh, she’s not my real mother, she died when I was younger, and so when I came to Equestria, Fluttershy adopted me, which was very nice of her”. She spoke again, laughing cruelly “so you’re an orphan, hanging out with all the other orphans, Apple Bloom, whose parents, died in a farming accident, that baby dragon, Sweetie Belle, who lives with her sister so often she may as well not have parents, and Scootaloo, who we all know lived in an orphanage, oh it’s just too funny”, Hunter had been getting angrier and angrier as the little pink pony spoke, but when she mentioned Scootaloo, he snapped, and yelled. He ran at her and picked her up, actually surprised by how light she was, and hung her upside down by her rear hoof in one hand, and then he slapped her with his other, straight on her face, and said “apologise right now, and I’ll let you go”. He heard behind him, screaming, and looked around, finding himself much higher above the ground than he usually was. He looked down, and saw that he was at about the same height as his father; he looked at the little pony in his hand, which was growing smaller by the minute, before realising he was actually growing, she wasn’t shrinking. She looked at him with fear in her eyes, and started sobbing crying out “I'm sorry, really I am, please, let me go”. Hunter was shocked by what was happening, and dropped her, forgetting how high of the ground he was now holding her, and was somewhat relieved, when, on hitting the ground, the earth pony got straight back up and ran off, screaming, her spoon cutiemark having compadre racing after her. He calmed down, wondering what was going on, but soon found himself shrinking back down again. Spike and the cutiemark crusaders raced up to him, the rest of the children having raced off to their parents, and shouted “what was that?” Hunter looked at them and said “I have no idea”.

Twilight heard screaming, and she and the rest of the Elements of Harmony raced outside, prepared to face whatever was causing it. They were shocked to see, in the park, Hunter’s head poking above the trees, in a perfect rendition of a larger version of him, not older, just Hunter, multiplied in size. Fluttershy gasped, and raced over to her son, who even then was beginning to shrink, while the rest of them just looked on in awe, as fillies and colts raced past them, heading for their parents. Applejack was the first to speak “Twilight, please tell me that’s some sorta ability that humans have, cause otherwise I have no idea what in tarnation, is goin on”, Twilight shook her head and replied “I don’t think so Applejack, but I really hope so, because the only thing we know that can do that, is encased in stone in the Canterlot gardens”. The other mares gaped at this, and then they all followed after Fluttershy, going as fast as they could.

In the Canterlot gardens, a statue, that had been placed there months ago, was rocking back and forth, back and forth, until finally, it over balanced, and smashed into the floor. Inside the statue, was a strange mismatched creature of about 5 foot, which upon waking from its long slumber, stood up, and yawned, before looking around at its surroundings. Discord looked around himself, and thought ‘everything looks the same, it couldn’t have been more than a few months at most, wow, I expected to be in there for at least another couple thousand years’, he began speaking aloud to himself, saying “I think this calls for a celebration”, and clicked his claws. When nothing happened, Discord, didn’t realise at first, and looked at his paw, expecting it to contain chocolate milk, he eyed it curiously, and clicked his claws again, and again nothing happened. Discord the began using different magicians poses, and nothing happened, then held up a stick and shouted “alakasam”, and nothing happened, he folded his arms in front of himself, and nodded, but nothing happened, finally he clapped his paw and claw together, as loudly and as hard as he could, all he got was sore appendages. He was confused for the first time, in a very long time, and spoke to himself saying “I guess I had better go see those really boring princesses”, just before a whole phalanx of Celestia’s royal guard arrived in his little clearing, along with both of the princesses. Discord looked at their angry faces and realised, without his magic, they could really hurt him, before holding out his paw and his claw, shrugging and saying “Lulu, Tia, I assure you my dears, I have no idea what’s going on”.