• Published 1st Aug 2018
  • 2,272 Views, 41 Comments

Equestria Girls: King of Monsters - Jongoji245



A monster long thought to be dead is causing havoc, and the Rainbooms alone aren't enough.

  • ...
5
 41
 2,272

Ultimatum

Camp Everfree

In a spare cabin at the campsite, the Rainbooms remained holdfast after their new problem. Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, and Twilight watched the breaking news. The caretaker had both hands over her mouth, tears flowing from her eyes. Rarity paced around the cabin, her phone next to her ear.

“Come on. Pick up, pick up, pick up!” Her ear picks up a click, “Sweetie Belle?!”

“Hi. I’m not on the phone right now. I’ll call you back if you leave a message.”

After the beep, Rarity hangs up and stamps her foot. Applejack fared no better; when she called her sister, she only got the same message. Fear racks up her brain as she taps her foot. Rainbow Dash, both angry and scared, leaned against the counter tapping her finger. She turns one eye over to Sunset. For a long while, she sat next to a table, her journal in front of her.

“Anything, yet?” Rainbow asks.

“No.” Sunset answers, tapping her pencil on the cover, “Guess she’s too busy… Again.”

“Well,” Rainbow Dash walks over to the desk and snatches the book. Sunset “If she’s always been busy, why bother having this at-!”

Rainbow felt the journal buzzing. Sunset swipes the journal, huffs at the athlete, and returns to her desk. The others join her as she skims the answer.

“Well,” Pinkie asks, comforting Fluttershy, “what did Twilight say?”

“Not Twilight,” Sunset looked up at them, baffled at what she just read, “but Starswirl the Bearded.”

“Starswirl the Bearded?” Applejack coughs, “What kind of name is that?”

“One for the greatest sorcerer in Equestria,” Sunset taps the pencil on her forehead, “I always thought he was dead.” The Unicorn in Apes Clothing, knowing of two duplicates, asks, “Is there one like him in your world?”

“Well,” Twilight rubs her chin, “now that you mention it...”

“Forget about that now!” Rarity interrupts, slamming her hands on the table, “What did he say about that beast!?”

Sunset licks her lips before answering, “When Starswirl was born,”

In a storybook style, the world is shown as pony kind and all walked in the realm of titans.

“Equestria wasn’t, well, Ponyland. It was the stomping grounds of monsters great and… Modest, so to speak. The worst among them is Ghidorah. Appropriately given the title “King,” he ravaged Equestria wherever he went. Not all the horses in the world could take him, no matter how genius the strategy. That was until Starswirl formed the Pillars of Harmony, the founding figures of the Elements of Harmony. Along with Celestia, Luna, and… Discord… of all creatures… depowered the dragon and sent him away. Other monsters soon followed including…”

We now return to reality. Sunset’s finger reaches the last word of the journal,

“Gojira.”

“But where does this lead up?” Twilight wonders, “The Island, the magic. You getting hurt when we tried our magic on Ghidorah.”

“And me seeing you.” Sunset looks at her friends, “All of you. Running in terror...”

The redhead, then the Rainbooms look at the next people to ask. The Shobijin sat on the butter dish, looking at everyone.

“What are you hiding?” Rarity seethes.

The twins look at each other and then they spoke,

“Equestria is Earth.”

Everyone widened their eyes, Rarity, and Twilight almost faint. Applejack, trying too hard to take this with a grain of salt, rubbed her temples.

“Wait wait, so in the future, we all become ponies?”

The twins look at each other again; that is the basic summary of it all. Pinkie Pie turns to Rainbow Dash, her mouth agape.

“Too awesome to speak?” she asks.

“Uhh….” Rainbow shifts her eyes back and forth before clearing her throat, “No comment.”

“Do explain…” Sunset asks of them, twirling her hand

“The world is filled with more magic than you think.” The twins walk on the pages of her journal, “Ghidorah noticed its power and wanted it all to himself. The world you live now was destroyed, but the magic of the world turned it into. We all lived in fear of Ghidorah until the courage of six changed that forever.”

Spike jumps on the table, “So the portal is some sort of time machine.”

“I know legends are based on fact…” Twilight takes off her glasses, and pinches her nose, “But this is…”

“But what’s the bubble for?” Fluttershy asks, pointing at the monitor.

“Ghidorah still needs to regain his full strength.” The Twins answer again, “After he absorbs those inside, he will destroy the world.”

“So it’s a giant pie?” Pinkie gets a scorned look from everyone, “Sorry…”

As Twilight sits down to collect herself. “And if this happened before, then Ghidorah will do more than bug bomb the planet.”

Applejack clenches her fists, “Then enough small talk! We gotta get in there and save them!”

“And just where would we take our friends?” Asks Rarity.

“Through the portal!” She answers “ride it out until it blows over!”

“Are you daft!?” Rarity argued, “You don’t just lead people to someone’s house uninvited!”

“Then what about calling on ourselves from the future!” Rainbow makes a few jabs, “We could bring a surprise attack.”

“Rainbow, bringing that many of our future selves could disrupt the time flow!” Twilight argued as well.

“Awww…” Pinkie whined, crossing such a moment of her list, “so much for double trouble.”

“She does have a point,” Fluttershy adds, “plus there’s only one…”

The debaters stop talking and look at the elephant in the room. Sunset was reading her journal. From the pages she drew on as a little filly, then the magic reports she made before leaving her world. The rest of her friends sit down. It’s come to this; the ultimate risk, for the ultimate salvation.

“The National Guard is getting slaughtered out there!” Shouted a reporter.

The Rainbooms look at the TV. True to the anchor's word, the National Guard didn’t get Ghidorah to budge. Worse, smaller creatures, parasites in monster terms, were falling out of his golden scales. Most were turquoise with golden scales on their sides, with one-eyed avian/insectoid heads, hooks for hands, and spikey bellies. Some were more heavily built, resembling cockroaches and rhinoceros beetles with drills bit appendages. Both kinds as tall as a man atop a draft horse, they easily massacred the troops. When the feed switches to the anchors, the one to their left had his hand on his radio.

“We’ve lost our signal.” The anchor takes a breather, “All around the world, prayers are called out for those innocent souls.”

The channel switches over to one place. In a chapel in Japan, a choir sings a prayer. It’s a somber note, despite being nonunderstandable to them. Hearing enough of this, Sunset stands up and turns off the TV. Silence, she takes a deep breath.

“We’ll do it.” Sunset turns to the others, “We’ll kill Ghidorah.”

“Okay…” Spike scratches the floors, “how’re we gonna do that.”

“Yeah,” Pinkie pulls out some sock puppets, “three heads means three eyes. He’ll see us coming!”

“All of us?” Sunset asks of Pinkie, raising her friend's intrigue.

“You don’t actually think we should let Tempest help us, darling?” Rarity asks.

“Bigger.” Sunset walks over to the Shobijin, “Do you think Mothra might be available?”

The Shobijin turn west and emit an indistinguishable sound. Whether it was their language or not, not even Sunset knows. But it does sound like a song, but the pitch they emit felt like needles piercing Spike’s ears. They cease and look at the Rainbooms again.

“Yes,” They answer, but lower their heads, “but she won’t have the strength to return to the Island.”

“Well,” Sunset looks at her friends, “if we don’t succeed, I don’t it’d matter.”

A moment of silence, Twilight becomes the first one to step forward and hug her.

“You helped me, I’ll help you.” She whispers.

“And so will I,” Fluttershy adds, joining the hug.

“Count me in too, sugar cube.” Applejack joins in the hug.

“For you, darling.” Rarity embraces as wide as she can.

“Awww, group hug!” Pinkie Pie gives them a big group hug.

Rainbow Dash tapped her fingers before answering, “Well, I’ve been through Hell and back. Why not?”

Rainbow Dash squeezes through the group hug and hugs both Sunset and Twilight. One last moment of peace before the band breaks up. Sunset walks to the journal again.

“Dear Princess Twilight or Starswirl…”


The Grand Mesa National Forest, 116 Miles Southwest of Ground Zero.

Her squadron quickly setting up a camp, Tempest Shadow held a hand to her lip as she watches the King of Terror from the idiot box. Ballistics didn’t work, and neither could the speed of the jets that have done quite well.

“How soon will the Gotengo get here?” She hears from Grubber

“At full speed, it will reach its destination in approximately eight days.” The private answered, “But that’s assuming the crew doesn’t have to refuel.”

“The beast won’t wait for the Gotengo.” Tempest turns around, “And I don’t think it will work the same as it has with Gojira.”

She eyeballs another TV screen; Gojira himself was still sitting down, resting after a long journey.

“Then what orders to you have, Commander?”

She taps her finger on the table, looks at the screen showing Ghidorah, then looks back to her subordinates.

“How ready is the LSCF Weapon Type 66?”


Ponyville

Twilight’s copy of Celestia’s journal flops to the ground. Shaking, she tells her friends, mentors, and icons. Even Discord is present, somewhat mildly amused as chaos spirits are.

“They’re going through with this.” She tells them when lightning strikes. Everyone steps to the balcony. A storm is brewing. Below them, inhabitants galloped to their houses.

“So it begins.” Starswirl mutters, taking a deep breath.

Luna looks to her subjects amazed, confused, and scared.

“You do realise that if this does work, our world will be no more.” Luna turns to her sister, “Must this be the only decision?”

Celestia merely watches the storm unravel. For some of her best students, she has little doubt about them. But this is the biggest risk one such student has ever taken. She closes her eyes and then she spoke.

“If time must repeat itself, then this is the way to go.” Celestia breathes, and opens her eyes, “Let them fight.”