• Published 1st Aug 2018
  • 2,271 Views, 41 Comments

Equestria Girls: King of Monsters - Jongoji245



A monster long thought to be dead is causing havoc, and the Rainbooms alone aren't enough.

  • ...
5
 41
 2,271

One Wish; One Dance

A year has passed since the escapade in Camp Everfree. No magic seduced women, no beasts to cry havoc. Such a long time of peace set their minds at ease. And now in this time of the year, it comes a special occasion that happens once in a lifetime. Beforehand, the now Senior student body has decided to pool together money for a pre-graduation trip to Hawaii. Some raised money with bake sales, some with extended babysitter or pet sitter duty, and a few with additional shifts on their part-time jobs. As of late, the Rainbooms just finished up with car-washing.

And yet, with all their effort, they only raised half as much needed for such as trip. Their only hope now is to make a popular music video for their mall. The makers of the video will receive royalties. However, loose lips sink ships, and now the Rainbooms have to compete for the money with the Shadowbolts. And as if their situation couldn’t be any worse...

“You what?!” Exclaims every one of the Rainbooms, except Rarity.

“I had to, darlings.” Rarity tried to reason, for she spent the fruit of all their hard work on the material needed for their costumes, “Presentation is everything!”

Sunset rubs her temples, “Okay, and how much did they say the initial grand prize is worth?”

All eyes are fixed on the fashionista as her mind races to come up with an answer.

“More than double than what we need.” She answers with a frightened squeak.

A moments silence before Rainbow Dash slaps her hands together.

“Ha! Then, of course, you could use the money for the costumes!”

The others look at each other with uncertainty before Applejack sighs.

“Oh, what the hay.” She agrees, “Why not?”

“Sweet!” Rainbow exclaims.

“Wee-hee!” Pinkie adds to the joy while Twilight made the calculations.

“She’s not kidding,” Twilight raises the calculator and fidgets her glasses, “if we win this, we stand to get over four times as much money we have now.”

That news alone got everyone in the room cheering. Every one of their class could enjoy the trip through and through and still have enough money left over for the trip.

“But if we lose,” Twilight interrupts, “it’s back to zilch.”

She watches her closest friends lower their arms and heads. Now feeling guilty for herself, Twilight sighs.

“Well, it’s not like we haven’t done anything risky.”

Their hopes raised once again, Rarity claps her hands together and asks the big question,

“So, who’s ready to shoot our winning dance video?”

Everyone starts cheering again. If it means ending their adventures at Canterlot High with a bang, then it’ll be the experience. Rarity stands up, walks over to the closet, opens the door and pulls out a rack containing the fruits of her labor…. And their hard earned money.


While Sweet Apple Acres did play some part with the fundraising, it was only so much as to still keep it afloat. But at this time, another form of work is being done. But it isn’t apple harvesting, and yet it requires a horse-drawn wagon. A wagon filled to the brim with rotting fruit. Apple Bloom guided the cargo through the denser parts of the orchard. After stopping at a clearing, she unhitched the animal, and walks forward.

“Thunderball!” She calls out before whistling. No response, “C’mon! Soup’s On!”

No response again, she pulls out a whistle and blows on it hard and for as long as she could. Another moment’s silence before she felt small tremors. They quickly increase in intensity; the horse just as well panicked and hightailed out of here. The Crusader still held her ground, though she did lose her footing.

What stamped through the orchard was the town’s biggest secret. Literally... aside from the portal. Eighty meters at the withers, Thunderball was a perfect example of a movie monster dinosaur. He was armored to the tooth; from the rosette of horns on his head, his spiked shoulders, the spiked carapace, to the massive club at the end of his segmented tail. As he grew, it’s proven to be a problem. Fortunately, he made a massive burrow that covers all but his carapace.

He notices the fruit and crushes them and the wagon underneath his teeth. His armored cheeks don’t do well for holding food and quite a bit of the mush almosts splashes the child.


Back at the mall, the cards were placed on the table. The music video is produced, but with some surprising changes. While they were very pronounced singers, they couldn’t dance well in their new dresses. The Shadowbolts, on the other hand, are great dancers in their dresses per their curriculum. However, they couldn’t use the song they practiced with. Fortunately, Rarity convinced them on a compromise.

The rest is silence as the music video is shown on televisions throughout the mall. All the while, the two teams shared a dining booth, counting their winnings. After counting the last bill, Twilight nodded approvingly.

“Yee-hoo!” Applejack cheered, waving her stetson around, “We've got enough to make the trip!”

“Yay!” Fluttershy cheered.

“Well first,” Rarity moved the money away from Twilight, “We must split it for them.”

We're having our graduation party on a yacht!” Lemon Zest squeals in delight.

“Or,” Sunset stops Rarity, “you could come with us.”

The five Shadowbolts raise a brow, in which Sunset adds,

“Because even with all of us, there is still plenty of money for everything we want to do.” A tray full of orange smoothie’s, “We finish school on the same day…”

Getting an idea, Rarity cooed, “I have just had the most brilliant idea! When we go on a small cruise, why not play a song? It'll be the perfect way to show off your new dance moves!”

The five then converse with each other. As they did, the Rainbooms look at Sunset as she raised a hand. After she counts from three, the Shadowbolts turn to their opposites.

“So…” - Sunset grabs a smoothie and raises it, “Hawaii?”

A moment’s silence before Sunny Flare grabs a smoothie, “Hawaii.”

“Hawaii.” Twilight agrees, grabbing her cup.

The rest of them eyeball each other before they each grab a cup.

“Hawaii!!!” They cheer, clashing each other’s cups and hartelly drank to their neverending delight.


25 Miles Near Honolulu

The following evening, two F-22 raptors scout the above the cloudline.

“Raptor 1 to HQ, bogey hasn’t changed course or speed.” The pilot responds as he and his coworker pursue their quarry.

“Continue pursuit.” His commander orders over the intercom.

“Wait,” The other pilot notices a “hill” building in the cloudline, “We’re seeing movement.”

The hill starts growing before a massive butterfly wing touches the sky before swiftly turning right. The two pilots were puzzled as a sharp shriek echoes the sky.


Canterlot High, A Week Later

The last day for finals came swiftly. The Senior Wondercolts, having heard the good news, tried their damnedest to hold their excitement. Rainbow Dash especially as the clock counted to the final hour. She had too; any disturbance in Cranky’s class during tests would dock her off some much-needed points. She looks at the clock; just five more minutes. She looks at Cranky himself checking his student's answers with a straight face. She then looks to her left. After finishing an exam, Twilight wrote down as many thank you cards as she could before moving on to the next. This exam took too much of her time, and so with T-Minus four minutes now, she hastily writes those last names.

Ten… Nine… Eight… Seven… Six… Rainbow Dash’s smile couldn’t be any bigger with those seconds pass.

Five… Four… Three… Two… One… Twilight just about finished the last letter when freedom rings. The students immediately rush for the door.

“Walk!” Cranky bellows, not that is did much good when the classroom quickly empties.

Twilight and Rainbow walk ahead of the crowd. Joining up with the other Rainbooms, each of them drew a massive grin as freedom neared. Then, two people stood at the front foyer. Celestia and Luna, arms crossed, uncharacteristically giving them a scowl. The students looked at each other confusingly; did they do something wrong? But for that one moment, the two give them a hearty chuckle before bowing at them, arms spread honorably.

The students cheered forth as they walked around their Principals. In no time, the doors burst forth, and the seven girls, who have saved the town, nay, the world, jumped the whole flight of stairs. Their summer has just begun, and they know just how to spend it.