• Published 1st Aug 2018
  • 2,272 Views, 41 Comments

Equestria Girls: King of Monsters - Jongoji245



A monster long thought to be dead is causing havoc, and the Rainbooms alone aren't enough.

  • ...
5
 41
 2,272

Ending One: A New Life; A New Family

As the howling roar continues, Sunset musters all she can to rise up. Among the many things the fall did to her, she could only notice one. Her right arm was dislocated. She looks around; the other monsters are scattered across the land, unconscious but alive. Rodan would lift his head up, but return to sleep. She sighs; the fate of the world is safe… at the cost of the destruction of their hometown. She finds her friends too lying on the concrete and hobbles over to Twilight.

“Tw… Twilight?” Sunset whispers, gently shaking her. Not hearing a breath or feeling movement, she shakes her a little harder. Nothing. Fearing the worst, she pulls the limp body closer to her and gently weeps.

“Please, Mommy.” Sunset opens her teary eyes and looks at Twilight shuffling a little, “just five more minutes?”

A little smile formed on her face before Sunset heard the others groaning.

“Hey look,” Pinkie Pie sputtered while pointing at the imprint, “I coulda cake out of myself with this hole.”

Applejack turned to Rarity fondling at her torn clothes without saying a word.

“Not” - Applejack coughs - “whining this time, huh?”

“Actually… Post-Apocalypse is the new fashion.” Rarity lets the idea sink a while before chuckling. Right now, it’s not the best medicine and so feels a sharp pain in her ribs.

“So…” Most of everybody turns to Fluttershy, her legs pulled close to her body as she watches the colossal reptile roar, “is this it? Did we win?”

“God I hope not.” Rainbow Dash coughed, still pancaked to the ground, “I want a rematch.”

By the time Rainbow Dash is pulled from the ground, the Rainbooms feel the earth shake. But it wasn’t from Gojira, for he still kept roaring. They turn around; hundreds of citizens, their townsfolk, cheered as they thundered forth to their saviors. First among them was Spike as he jumped at Twilight and licked her face. Soon after, Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo embraced their sisters and idol as everyone kept cheering. Celestia and Luna approached them.

“Once again,” Celestia places her hand on Sunset’s shoulder, “we are in your debt.”

“This time, the whole world does,” Luna added, looking up at a news helicopter.

Before Sunset could even answer, she feels a sharp pain in her heart again and falls on her knees. The Rainbooms gather around her and get her back to her feet.

“Are you alright?” Fluttershy asks.

“It’s happening…” Sunset mutters.

“What is, deary?”

“Oh my gosh!” Pinkie Pie exclaims, hands on her ragged head, “You’ve got a bun in the oven!”

While everyone gave her a befuddled look, Twilight immediately realized, “No. With Ghidorah slain, that means-”

“Hey look, everyone!” Shouted Pipsqueak as he pointed ahead.

Indeed, something most odd is happening. The body of the three-headed beast started glowing, becoming as bright as the sun. His body broke apart into particles and scattered to the heavens. At a distance, Rodan's body had the same effect; parts of his skeleton is shown for a while before dissolving. The male larva notices his twin sister dissolving, lets out a faint cry before he too joins the heavens. Thunderball was next, followed by Kong, despite being a product of his time.

Gojira took the longest to dematerialize. His skin eroded from his body, starting with his skull. His dorsal plates started dissolving next as his upper body became just bones. He gives out a soft roar, then howls to the heavens before scattering to the stars.

Sunset lifts her hand; she too is glowing. Realizing this is the price being paid, the group falls into despair while Sunset steps away.

“No… No!” Twilight calls out, “You can’t go!”

“This…” Sunset looks at herself, “was to be expected.”

Tearing up like crazy, Pinkie takes out a bottle of cake paste and a handful of glowing dust.

“Here, we just need to…” Pinkie desperately to paste the dust on her glowing friend to no avail.

As Sunset looks at everyone, many of whom her classmates, Rainbow Dash tries her damnedest not to choke.

“Well,” Rainbow sniffles, “Gonna say anything? Before you…?”

Sunset curls a little smile, “All I could say is… Is that I couldn’t be any happier to have friends just like you. And I am so proud to have helped you survive for longer.”

She notices herself glowing even brighter before she finishes with, “Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truthfully, the ills deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly...”

“The rest is silence…” Twilight sputters before wiping her tears.

Sunset glows evermore before her body becomes nothing but gold dust in the air. A few old veterans of the town give her a salute as her essence goes in the air. Tears stream from her closest friends as the golden sky fades to grey. In a short time, a streak of sunlight cuts through the clouds, bringing a forth a new day in the now extended lifetime of man.


“In recent news, these so-called ‘monster attacks’ have been confirmed to be just severe earthquakes and tsunamis.” Someone announces over the radio, “Civilians are currently returning to their homes after-”

A pink hand turns off the radio. Indeed, the whole summer has passed since the great fight, and yet everyone remembers it like it was yesterday. They said that those were natural disasters, but they remember what happened. The time of man is saved… But the memory of those encounters are still fresh.

Before they begin the journey to college, the Rainbooms, now minus one, meet up at the courtyard of the restored Canterlot High. Pinkie Pie steps from her smart car. Following the unfortunate passing, Pinkie Pie was notably depressed. Her poofy hair has become flat and her skin a dull pink. She meets the others, just as depressed as she is, next to the statue.

“...Well?” Asks Applejack, waving her hand at the statue.

Twilight steps forth at the statue, the one gateway between the Age of Man and the Age of Equestria. She reaches out; is it the same? Is it unchanged. She touches the porcelain; it doesn’t go through as it would back then.

“Nothing…” Twilight whispers. Everyone lowers their heads, Applejack taking off her stetson, and pray a silent prayer. Wherever she is, may she finally have found peace.


After embracing each other for one last time, they part ways for their colleges. For Twilight, it was a six-hour drive to Everton. The dorm room she was chosen for was freezing. She approaches the manager.

“So,” Key Master asks, “ready to enjoy your first year at Everton?”

Twilight turns her eyes away from the manager, “Yeah…”

Given her keycard and room key, Twilight drags her suitcase down the hall to her room. “86” it reads as she reaches for her pocket.

“Well, I would have if you three didn’t bump into me and ruined everything!”

That voice. That familiar voice suddenly lifted her spirits. Quickly, she swipes the key card and opens the door. Inside were four women around her age. One was a light purple with darker purple hair with teal stripes. Another was a girl with an Easter yellow skin color, and blue hair arranged in pigtails. The third was green all over, save for a pair of blue pants and a dull yellow sweater. The fourth Twilight immediately recognized by hair color. The clothes she wore are different, but skin, hairstyle, and eye color were all too familiar to say that this isn’t her.

“Well, what do you want?” She hissed.

A moment’s silence before Twilight drops her suitcase and hugs Sunset. Starlight, Juniper, and Wallflower were confused. Sunset was completely dumbfounded as she was embraced even tighter.

“Is there something I missed?” Sunset asked the other three.

Her mind clicking to the fact that this isn’t exactly her, Twilight lets go of Sunset.

“Sorry,” She wipes a tear from her eye, takes her suitcase to her room and steps out, “you reminded me of someone I know.”

Sunset watches Twilight starting to sulk as she walks back to her car. She struggles to pull out her clothes tote. Just when her situation seems a bit hopeless, the tote suddenly felt lighter. Sunset helped Twilight pull the box from the small car. Before she could ask, Sunset retorts,

“You want to break your back?”

The other three suitemates help pull the rest of Twilight’s stuff from her car. A Sunday night before school starts, the group of girls sit together at the cafeteria.

“So, let me get this straight,” Sunset rubs her finger on the rim of her cup, “this other me came from a future where horses roam, alongside other mythical creatures.”

Twilight, trying not to look and sound all that crazy, answers, “Yeah…”

“And this happened because of a three-headed dragon?” Starlight asks.

“Yes.”

“I see…” Starlight, her lips slightly pursed, takes a sip of her hot cocoa.

Twilight was about to continue when she hears a familiar tune. She looks around when she finds a familiar sight. Though wearing different clothes and hairstyles, the Dazzlings’ song, though not hypnotizing, still allured the male students present in the cafeteria. Noticing Twilight’s intrigue, Sunset decides to break the silence.

“Are they familiar too?” She asks, pointing at them.

“You…” Twilight looks away, “could say that.”

“Well,” Juniper stands up, “I’d better turn in. Gotta make a good impression on Film Theory.”

“Yeah,” Starlight stands up too, “got a lot of reading ahead of me.”

“You guys read,” Sunset raises her fingers, “but I’m more-”

“Of a hands-on person?” Twilight finishes Sunset’s sentence. Rather than be angry, the red-head instead sported a coy look.

“I feel we’re gonna get along just well.” She compliments.

A moment’s peace before Twilight looks at the other three before taking out her phone.

“Want to have a group selfie before school starts?”

The group looks at each other. Starlight gives a little shrug before stepping beside Twilight. Juniper and Wallflower join up soon after. Sunset thought of it a little before standing behind Twilight.

“Well,” Sunset lays her head on Twilights, “why not?”

A smile on her face, Twilight brings the phone forward and takes a snapshot. Before she goes to bed, she sets up a group text.

“Met someone very familiar.”

She sends the texts to all of her contacts both new and old and goes to sleep. Just when she goes deeper into slumberland, her ears pick up some buzzing and ringing. Subconsciously, she curls a smile.

“O, brave new world.” She sputters, before going to sleep. Indeed, different packaging, similar product. This will be quite a school year indeed.