• Published 1st Aug 2018
  • 2,271 Views, 41 Comments

Equestria Girls: King of Monsters - Jongoji245



A monster long thought to be dead is causing havoc, and the Rainbooms alone aren't enough.

  • ...
5
 41
 2,271

Prologue

Equestria

“Home. Where my father and my father’s father have walked.” Speaks an elderly voice. He lights up the torches to his alchemist's room, revealing himself to be none other than Starswirl the Bearded, “For the first time in millennia, I and my closest friends have walked on proper footing. Many things have changed; new cities and civilizations, many of whom wouldn’t have been friendly to our kind in my days.”

The wizard lowers his head and walks slowly to his bookshelf. Lighting his horn, he picks up an old book.

“But some things remain the same.” He walks to his desk, “I knew we should’ve killed him. We should have killed all of them. But, when we sent them away… we’d thought we’d be safe. We’d thought they wouldn’t survive.”

He opens the book, and turns it over to among the first entries. The first page he turns to contained a printing of a Norse style art piece depicting two massive pterosaurs in conflict with Flash Magnus and Rockhoof. He turns another page, depicting Somnambula in the company of several giant dinosaurs. Another turn of the page had a picture tucked between the pages. It was a simple watercolor painting of an egg of greens, blues, and yellows, with a little figure of Meadowbrook for scale. The next page he flips over was one from Neighpon. An ink and watercolor drawing depicting the pillars and Mothra fighting a giant, spiny reptile. He turns back a few pages before the first one he looked. The image itself brought a greater fear than the one regarding the Pony of Shadows. It was a Renaissance style drawing depicting speculative anatomy of his greatest enemy, nay the greatest enemy everywhere. So much that the title sums it up perfectly.

“The Golden Devil of Three Heads”

“Oh,” He shakes his head, “how we were wrong.”


After lowering the sun for the day, Celestia doesn't return to her chambers. Rather she enters a room behind the throne room. This room had a few racks, each holding several scrolls, and each of them a rough sketch of the stained glass windows. She levitates a few at once. She unravels one, displaying a work commissioned just around when Twilight's coronation. Another scroll she unravels was Sombra defeated, not by her student, but by Spike. The next one is of Discord being turned to stone a second time. The next she unravels isn't one of her sister being banished. Nor was this sketch ever made into the final stages.

It displayed the original Elements of Harmony. Star Swirl the Bearded, Flash Magnus, Rockhoof, Somnambula, Mage Meadowbrook, and Mistmane. They were also joined by Mothra as they tackled perhaps the most stubborn of foes. And like the rest of the monsters they fought, he too was sent away, never to be seen or heard from ever again.

That was until a trip to another world proved her wrong. And worse, that very beast wasn't the only one who managed to leave. How long will it be before things get out of hand in that world?'

"Heaven help us all." She sighs, putting the scrolls back and moving away.


The Mariana Trench

A deep sea research vessel, the Satsuma, explores the deepest reaches of the Earth. Save for it’s bright lights, there is no light to speak of. Once it lands on the shelf, the pilot pushes a few levers, making the arms reach out and collect samples from underwater vents. He occasionally looks to his right and watches the tubeworms play an interesting role.

Suddenly, his radar picks up two things. One was clearly larger than the other. He would assume that they were just a pair of whales. But these whales are on the depths as he is, and heading fast. The pilot draws the arms back and kicks the propellers in overdrive. He pulls back a few feet when a large, shelled creature rushes to his left, as if panicked. Soon after, a massive, elephant-like foot lands in front of him before being covered in volcanic dust. The vessel ascends rapidly. From the dust, he does see pebbled, charcoal black skin. A few moments later, a little bit of a bone white structure. As the ship continues ascending to safety, the pilot wonders.

What on earth was going on?


The Island.

Day in, day out, since the Rainbooms got Sunset out of the island, Sonata Dusk tirelessly is the cave of ice. The time there has done a number on her. Several days of hammering the ice with her combined pendant stained blue hands with red. Nowadays, she uses a makeshift club; slower but sure. She also has a fire nearby to cook the meat of unfortunate victims; bones are piling up. But water is still hard to get by, and it’s getting to her.

After making another smack at the ice once more, she falls on her knees.

“I’ve been here for Celestia knows how long,” She looks down at her work: a two foot hole, “for this?”

She looks at her pendant one last time before collapsing on the icy prison. Ahead of her, still deep in ice, the middle head of the great beast twitched a lip. The pendant glows, somehow moving on it’s own to the hole. Now hot as a blowtorch, the large ruby burrows its way through the ice before touching the gold scales. The last Siren on Earth awoke from the tremors; she notices her prized possession gone from her hands before looking up. The emaciated body is restoring itself. In the process, the walls are cracking and so Sonata hastily climbs out from the cave.

But it doesn’t end there. She ran further away while the cave collapses on itself. Sonata looks down when dust soon shoots from the hole like a geyser. She coughs like mad, then looks up as not one, but three, snakelike shadows cover her.

From her frightened gaze, Sonata’s mouth started stretching. She closes her mouth, bringing forth a twisted sneer. Her hard work has paid off. The time is now.

The time to avenge her sister's has come.