• Published 3rd Aug 2017
  • 674 Views, 4 Comments

The Real Me - Creativa-Artly01



Rara has finally realized that a big pop star isn't who she really is and tries to show her fans the real her: the humble country star.

  • ...
1
 4
 674

Chapter 2

Back at her Manehattan apartment that night, Rara slips out of her stage wear and into a breathable silk night gown. She then sits down at her writer's desk and begins writing lyrics to a country song she's been working on ever since she started her job as a singer but had to shove aside because Svengallop wanted her to do pop instead of what she truly wanted to do: country. She begins to sing the lyrics out loud to herself.

"When I was young, I always wanted to be a country star. I wanted to sing country songs and hoped it would take me far. My idols that I adored were all country stars. Big names like Angel Apples and Dolly Colton. They were who inspired me and made me want to sing. They're the reason I'm on this stage so now I'm gonna sing. I'm gonna sing what I really want to, what I wanted to do since day one. I'm going to be a country star and take my place in Celestia's gold sun. I'm gonna be a country star and take my place in Celestia's gold sun." She sighs and a few moments later, falls asleep right at her desk. She'll continue to work on the song in the morning alongside her other country songs that she has been working on behind the scenes for weeks on end when she's not performing concerts for the ponies to enjoy.

The next morning, Rara wakes up, changes into a simple plaid top and a denim skirt and gets back to work on her songs. She hums to herself as she writes the lyrics and the melodies. She can't wait to change her image in the eyes of the public and she couldn't be more excited. She's finally being the musician she's always been dreaming to be.

Author's Note:

Dolly Colton=Dolly Parton