• Published 10th Jul 2017
  • 1,719 Views, 50 Comments

The Guardian From Afar 3: Return to Earth - LukeTheMercenary



William gets taken away from Scootaloo, and taken off the face of Equestria. He ends up back on Earth, and faced with a challenge that he thought he would never have to overcome.

  • ...
3
 50
 1,719

Making A Plan

Dreams. Dreams are a lot like life, in a way. They are unpredictable...good or bad. While I would sleep in the bunker, I would have dreams every night. They could be wonderful dreams, like of Scootaloo and I when we finally met. Or...they could be brutal, horrifying nightmares. A gas mask with red glowing eyes followed me in my bad dreams.

I woke up in my cell that night, or...I thought it was night. The lights were noticeably dim. I didn't know why I woke up, but I just felt uneasy. I sat up in my bed, and noticed that the door was open. In the doorway, I saw two familiar figures. I squinted my eyes to see, and I couldn't hold back a smile. Scootaloo, and Applejack were standing there. However, they had blank looks on their faces.

"Scoots! AJ!" I said as I sprang up from the bed.

The second my feet hit the floor, the door slammed shut.

"What?! NO!" I yelled as I pounded on the door.

"Daddy?" I heard Scootaloo's voice ask.

"Scoots? Where are you?"

"Look down."

I looked down at the floor, to see a creepy sight. All my drawings of Scootaloo were now staring at me. I bent over to pick up a crude drawing of my daughter, and brought it up.

"Why did you leave me?" the drawing asked.

"I didn't leave you, I was taken." I said.

"You left me. Do you even love me anymore?"

"Of course I do! You're the most important thing in my life!"

"You ran away from me. You left me. You didn't even say goodbye."

The eyes on the drawing turned black, and started dripping. The black eyes were crying dark tears. The mouth on the drawing turned into a black gaping hole, which also dripped black inky substance.

"You left me. You left me. You left me." The drawing kept repeating that same sentence over and over again.

I dropped the drawing on the floor, and saw that all the other drawings were doing the same thing. All the eyes and mouths turned into black, gaping, dripping spots. The inky substance pooled up on the floor, and I pulled my feet up to avoid getting wet. The black ink suddenly stopped at about five inches, and everything went quiet for a peaceful five seconds. Suddenly, I saw two shapes rising from beneath the ink. It was Applejack and Scootaloo. I stared at them, taking notice that they seemed untouched by the ink. They had their eyes closed, their heads facing down.

"A-AJ? Scoots?" I stuttered.

They lifted their heads up, and opened their eyes extremely wide. I watched in horror as their pupils turned red, and began growing. Their pupils then covered their irises, and then the white in their eyes. Their eyes became extremely glassy, and round. They opened their mouths and I noticed the filter of a gas mask coming out. They slammed their heads into the ink, and looked up at me.

I screamed when I noticed that when they pulled their heads up, they were wearing big black gas masks. Both with pairs of glowing red eyes.

"WILLIAM! WAKE UP!" I heard a voice say.

I felt like I was being shook, and my eyes finally opened for real. I saw Luke shaking me violently.

"I'm up, I'm up!" I yelled.

"Good." James said.

"What the fuck is your problem?! Is someone on fire?!"

"No."

"I wish." Luke said, sighing.

"Then...what's up?" I asked.

"We gotta do something about your situation." James said.

"I can't take it anymore! You scream at night sometimes...and tonight, you sounded like someone was shoving a fork right up your-" Luke was interrupted by James.

"Okay, okay...we get it. Listen, Will. We wanna help you."

"How?" I asked.

"We're gonna help you get back to Equestria."

"Wait, really?! How?"

Luke let out a mischievous laugh, "With a little help from yours truly." he said while pointing at himself.

"Are you sure you want to? Aren't you gonna get in trouble for this?"

"Hell yeah! That's why I wanna do this! I've been looking for a good challenge for a long time, and betraying the bunker sounds epic."

"And...you're doing this for me?"

"Yeah." James said.

"Not really," Luke said, shrugging, "I'd love to get my ass off of this piece-of-shit-rock we call Earth. A world of ponies sounds a lot better than a world full of people...because I can't STAND people in general."

I felt genuinely touched. I couldn't hold back a smile.

"You know what? You guys are alright."

"Aw shucks," James said.

"Yeah, yeah. Just don't get all gay about it." Luke said, rolling his eyes.

"Wait, do you even have a plan?" I asked.

"Of course I do. However, I need you both to listen closely."

James and I listened to Luke as he went over his plan.

"First," Luke said, "Did you notice that the water here only works during the day? That's because we drain and remove all water here at night so we can send out our black-ops units through the portal. Tomorrow night, there will be no units on missions, so the water will be on in the bunker. There's a certain room I want the portal to open in: The storage room. There are wooden crates with vital supplies inside: Old guns. Remember the WW2 guns I told you about? That's where they are. There are also conveyer belts that end at the wall. They're never used, but they will make transporting the crates SUPER easy. In the ceiling of the storage room, are the main water pipes. I'm going to be in the control room, so I can interact with the entire bunker that way. I'll override the pipes, and make them burst right above the wall. Once the water has leaked all over the wall, I'll turn on the portal device. Because the wall will be nice and saturated, it will make an excellent portal conductor. While I work my magic in the control room, I want you guys to load as many weapon crates as you can onto the conveyer belts. That way, when I turn them on...they'll go into the portal."

"Why do you want us to put weapons through the portal?" I asked.

"If I'm going to a whole other world, the LAST things I wanna get separated from are guns. Old or not."

"Okay. Seems fair. Anything else we should know?"

"Hm...I'll collect you guys tomorrow night for the plan to take effect. And...that's about it...wait! No, that's not all. Once I activate the portal device, we will have ten minutes before it explodes."

"What?! Why?"

"The device is unstable. It is required by protocol that it only gets opened for five minutes at a time, and it needs an hour-in-between cool down time. Ten minutes is the longest before it overheats and explodes."

"So...the plan is to also destroy the portal device?"

"It'll hopefully explode right after we land in Equestria. That way, these bunker bozos won't follow us."

"Wow...that's...a pretty good plan." James said.

"How did you come up with this?" I asked.

Luke shrugged, "I thought of it while I was smacking the crap outta Fin."

"So...it's a deal?" James asked.

"Yeah!" I said.

We all shook on it, and they left my cell. I lied back in my bed, a huge smile plastered on my face.

"I'll see you soon, my little Scootaloo." I said, "Daddy's coming home tomorrow."

With that said, I fell asleep in my bed...a warm feeling surrounding me.

Author's Note:

William is getting closer and closer to being back with his loved ones!