• Published 22nd Jul 2012
  • 6,693 Views, 113 Comments

Away From the War; Away From Machines - iDeltaVelocity



An I-950 goes to Equestria, unaware of what has followed him.

  • ...
8
 113
 6,693

Ch. 9: "Battle For Ponyville Pt. 2"

Chapter 9: “Battle for Ponyville Pt. 2”


Two Parkers…

That’s what the girls witnessed. One was battered and bloodied, and struggling to stand on his own two legs. As he stared at his duplicate, it seemed like he was ready to pass out, probably from the amount of pain he was in and the blood he’d lost after who knows how long he’s been fighting this thing. “What’re you waiting for? Killing me is your mission, right? I’m starting right here, you fucking machine!”

His words shocked the six mares watching them from the sidelines. The other Parker—the clean one—raised his hand, before it contorted into a terrifying-looking device. The girls couldn’t believe what they were seeing. Was this the T-X that Parker had tried so hard to warn them about?

The I-950 stood idle and closed his eyes, waiting for the machine to finish him off. The sound of a plasma-cannon charging had succeeded in increasing the amount of tension he was already feeling. This was it, he thought. This was where he was going to die. Down the street, however, three little fillies were quickly galloping up to the scene; three fillies that Applejack immediately recognized.

“We got everyth’n you needed!” That was Applebloom’s voice. She had Parker’s weapon strapped around her body, and Scootaloo was wearing his backpack.

“You three came right on time!” replied the human. It surprised the six mares at how he said that in such a friendly manner. How could he have possible known who the Cutie Mark Crusaders were?

The T-X fired. Parker dodged at the last moment, making a quick dash over to the fillies and retrieving his weapons and equipment. “We put your other stuff in your backpack,” said Apple Bloom.

Parker acknowledged. “Thanks. I owe you guys big-time.”

Scootaloo noticed the other human marching towards them, though she knew it was a fake after seeing its hand. “What is that thing?”

“Don’t let its disguise fool you,” said Parker. “That’s the T-X I told you about. I was being hunted all over Equestria. Only a matter of time before it found me, I guess. Now, please, for your own safety, stay out of the way. It’s only after me, and there’s no way in hell I’m letting you three get hurt!” With that, just as quickly as he talked, he ran. The T-X let out a growl in rage before charging past the fillies, giving chase after its target.

“Think he can take it?” asked Scootaloo as they watched them disappear down the street.

The others two weren’t sure how to answer. Seeing how Parker looked when they arrived, it would be all too difficult for him to face alone. “Ah sure hope he can,” was the only response Apple Bloom could think it. Her name was called and she turned to see Applejack galloping towards her, before being swept into a tight hug.

“We were so worried about you three!” said Rarity. “You are okay, right?”

“We’re fine,” said Sweetie Belle.

Twilight stared down the street. Sounds of plasma fire and explosions echoed through the air from the continued battle between the T-X and Parker. “Ponyville’s not safe with those two here. We might have to leave town.”

Rainbow Dash, who was hovering above the eight ponies, disagreed. “We can’t leave yet! There has to be something we can do to help.”

“R.D.’s right,” said Applejack. “It’s too early to start think’n ‘bout abandon’n the place. But Ah say we find somewhere safe and outta the way for the little ones. Ah don’t want them anywhere near a fight like that.”

Rarity nodded. “It’s settled, then.”

As they made their departure from the area, Applebloom looked back the ruins of the town. “Oh, Parker, please make it out alive.”


Shining Armour glanced down the street from behind cover, a spear levitating right behind him. He was not sure if it would do any good against the metal creature, but it was better than having nothing in his hooves. Everything seemed quiet; no sign of the T-X anywhere.

“Do you see it?” asked one of the guards. The sound of his voice showed that he was nervous.

“Coast is clear,” said Shining. They moved out of cover, making their way down the partial ruins of the agricultural town.

“Where are the Princesses?” asked Air Burst.

“I don’t recall them ever leaving Ponyville,” said Shining, “so it’s possible they’re at Town Hall, along with anypony else who managed to escape the battle.”

“Are you sure about that?”

“I hope.”

The guards began to grow uneasy in this new environment. It wasn’t one they were accustomed to. “I can’t imagine this thing being loose on the rest of Equestria,” said Air Burst. “Parker said there were more in his world—an entire army.”

“We should count ourselves lucky that there aren’t more of them here,” replied a guard. The others agreed.

They jumped slightly at the sound of a garbage can crashing to the ground. The guards gave off a nervous laugh. It was slightly embarrassing that small sounds like could easily startle them now. As they regained their composure, Parker stumbled out of the alley to their left. He looked as tired and dirty as they were, except for the blood on his face. For a moment, they stared at each other, not saying a word. “I suggest you run,” said Parker, almost emotionlessly, “The T-X is chasing me through town.”

Shining could have raised his spear and threatened to take him in; normal cop and fugitive role he was accustomed to when dealing with the human. But something inside him said otherwise. Perhaps Parker was the only way the ponies had a chance at saving Ponyville from utter destruction. “Hold your weapons, guys,” he told the other guards, lowering his own spear. He looked up at the I-950. “Where is it?”

“You’re just as crazy as when you left the library,” replied Parker.

Shining sighed, part of it being in annoyance. “Listen, I know we got off to the wrong hoof. But we should’ve listened when you tried to warn us. Look around. That machine you’re fighting is destroying Ponyville, and alone, the Royal Guards can’t fight it with the weapons it has.”

“Well I got weapons similar to it.” Parker showed off his plasma rifle and spare canister bomb he had attached to his shoulder. “But even with these in my hands, it’s more resilient so it won’t take much damage, and it has sharp reflexes. Taking it down is gonna be too much of a challenge for me, I admit.”

“That’s why we have to help each other,” said Shining. “Let’s call a truce. It’s the only way we can hope to take this thing down. You and Air Burst had a good plan going earlier. Maybe we can up our chances if you had a little more help.”

Parker looked at the ponies in front of him. They were serious, as well. “I don’t know about this.”

“You could use the help,” said Air Burst. “We have magic on our side.”

“And the T-X has a whole bunch of explosives and weapons of mass destruction on its side,” Parker rebutted, “I don’t see the big difference.”

“It’s better than nothing,” Shining said, “And besides, you have faced machines lots of times before, right? Do you have any idea how we can stop it?”

At that, Parker nodded. “There is a sure-fire way: The Central Processing Unit located in its head. If I can take it, the T-X will become nothing more than another dead machine.”

“So what do you have to do get this thing?” asked one of the guards.

“Simple: We’ll need to pin it down long enough for me to snatch it.”

“We’ve tried using magic; it’s too strong,” said Shining Armour.

“Just keep it contained for as long as you can. It shouldn’t take long to remove the CPU. You ready?”

The guards had to steel their nerves. They were going into some very dangerous business fighting the machine, but they maybe with the only one who had experience in this type of combat, their chances would increase, no doubt. Shining looked up and nodded. “We’re ready. Just point the way.”

The guards and Parker started down the road. The radar on Parker’s HUD was used to pinpoint the position of the T-X. “I’ll distract it. You guys get to an ambush position. Once you have it in magic, I’ll run up and rip it out.”

“You sure this is gonna work?” asked Shining.

“It’s the only option we have,” replied Parker, “Might as well take it.”


The area around Town Hall had been fortified to defend against the rampaging machine. Princess Celestia, however, was worried, and despite her best efforts, it was showing. Ponyville, such a small and vulnerable town, was under a terrible assault by a terrifying creature with unimaginable weaponry that they could not hope to stand up against. She had witnessed it herself, from the flames shooting from its arms to the small bolts of light it launched at anypony that tried to attack it.

It was all just a horrible sight of destruction that she would never be able to get out of her mind.

Another thing that worried Celestia was the fact that there were still ponies out there, including Twilight and her friends, trying to hide from the machine. There was no way she would leave them behind.

“Is something troubling you, sister?” asked Luna.

Celestia’s response was, “I need to go.”

“Go where?” Luna looked at her sister in confusion. Was she planning to leave the safe area?

“I can’t leave anypony trapped out there with that thing,” replied Celestia. “The last thing that I want on my conscience is not doing anything knowing there are still ponies fearing for their lives.”

The ponies began to overhear Celestia. Some grew worried. There was doubt for anypony going up against the T-X. What if she didn’t make it? What would they do if one of their leaders was killed at the hands of the machine?

“You can’t go, ‘Tia,” said Luna. She was desperate to keep her older sister here and out of harm’s way.

“I’m sorry, Luna,” said Celestia.

There was an unnerving silence between the two Princesses. Celestia turned to leave the safe area, though before she took off— “I’m coming with you.” Luna trotted towards her sister’s side.

Celestia was taken back. “No, you don’t have to do this.”

“I don’t believe you have any choice, sister,” replied Luna, “When we usurped power from Discord, we took oaths to preserve and protect harmony over the land. I can’t let you face the machine alone.”

Celestia was speechless. Was Luna really serious about this? The Princess of the Night called over to the guards. “Make sure this area is safely secured against any and all threats,” she said. The guards saluted their Princess.

“We must make haste,” she said to Celestia. “Time is not on our side.”

Celestia nodded in agreement, and together, the sisters flew out of the safe area and into town. When they landed, they began their search, looking through windows and trotting into the buildings around them. If ponies were not over at the safe area, then it was certain that they had left town to escape, but that hadn’t ruled out the fact that there might have been a small amount that stayed.

Being here was very unsettling. It was like a ghost town. Admittedly, the sound from the T-X’s weapons would’ve eased some of the tension. At least they would know where and how far it was. The machine could sneak up on them in the silence.

“Do you see anypony?” asked Luna.

Celestia stared through the window into a house. The inside looked ransacked, like it whoever lived there was trying to pack in a hurry. She couldn’t blame them with wanting to run away. “I’m afraid not.” She glanced back to the midnight-blue alicorn. “It looks like many have already gotten out.”

“Let us hope we can find those who haven’t,” said Luna.

Celestia’s thoughts shifted over to Twilight and her friends. Had they managed to escape Ponyville? Were they hiding? Or had the T-X gotten to them? She hoped the last scenario wouldn’t happen.

“Where do you propose we search next, sister?” Luna’s voice snapped Celestia back to reality. There was still chance the six of them were unharmed. She just needed to hang onto that thought. She decided to go north.

The Princesses flared their wings and took off. Landing further into town, they resumed their search, and eventually, the first they found was Zecora. The zebra was hiding under a bench to avoid the machine’s rampage. “Oh dear Princesses before my eyes,” she said; “seeing you here in Ponyville is a relieving prize.”

Luna smiled. “Likewise, Miss Zecora. Tell us, do you know where Miss Sparkle and her friends might be?”

Zecora shook her head. “I am afraid not, royal ones. I had come to Ponyville to warn everypony of the metal one. But if Twilight Sparkle and her friends are who you seek, then I would be happy to help search, for things may not look too bleak.”

Celestia smiled. “Thanks for your help, Zecora. It really means a lot.” The three equines continued through the town. Occasionally, they managed to find some ponies and directed them towards the safe area at Town Hall, but that still left the question of where the Mane Six would be. Hopefully they would be able to find them safe and out of harm’s way.


“You three stay here, okay? We’ll be back soon enough,” said Rarity. The trio of fillies stood in front of her. They were moved to another part of town, away from the ongoing battle, inside a small shop. The owners were probably somewhere else, trying to get away from danger. “And please, do not move from this spot. This is for your own safety,” she reassured them.

“Don’t worry, sis. We promise,” said Sweetie Belle.

Twilight motioned her friends to follow. “Come on, girls. We have to hurry.”

The six mares began their departure, though before Fluttershy could follow, she felt a tug on her mane and looked down at the Crusaders. “Do you think you can keep an eye out for Parker?” asked Apple Bloom.

“I guess, but—”

“Great,” Scootaloo interrupted. “Tell him to meet us here.”

“Why?” Fluttershy asked.

“We’re gonna help him beat the T-X.”

Fluttershy’s mouth was agape. “What? You can’t do that! It’s too dangerous!”

“We can still help. Plus, he has Corporal Air Burst with him—a Royal Guard! We’ll still be safe.”

“Fluttershy, come on!” Pinkie Pie called over from outside.

“I’m sorry,” the canary-yellow pegasus replied. “It’s just far too dangerous for you three.” With haste, she galloped out the building after her friends, leaving behind the three Cutie Mark Crusaders.

“What do we do now?” asked Sweetie Belle. The other two didn’t know. Though they did want to help keep Ponyville safe from destruction, the most they could do at the moment was wait for a miracle to happen.


The red dot on Parker’s radar signified the T-X. It was close—really close—and that meant Shining Armour and his guards would have to get into cover. “We know what to do, right? When I give the signal, do your thing. Once it’s restrained, I’ll go straight for the CPU.”

“I really hope this works,” Air Burst murmured. It was obvious that after their last failed attempt at stopping the machine, he was unsure this would work.

“It has to,” replied Parker. He glanced at Shining Armour. “Try and keep the magic over it for as long as you guys can. It won’t take me more than a few seconds to take it out.”

The stallion gave a nod in acknowledgement, and he and his men went behind cover, waiting for the machine to cross their path. Parker continued, making his way to the T-X’s position. He played the scenario of how this plan would be carried out in his head. Once the T-X was led across Shining Armour’s position, he would give them the signal and go for the CPU.

Eventually, the T-X was in sight, still in its disguise. It glanced over at him, eyes glowing blue before firing its plasma turrets. Parker dodged the oncoming fire before returning it with his plasma rifle. After a few shots, he fell back, luring the machine to the ambush area.

Let’s hope this works, he thought, ducking his head as more plasma sailed by.


The sound of the machine’s weaponry drew the attentions of the Princesses and Zecora. The three equines followed it until coming across the two Parkers—one firing at the other who was retreating. They could tell which one was the real machine from the way it attacked: its arm which had currently taken form of its weapon.

“Halt, foul beast,” Luna declared in her Royal Canterlot Voice. “Thy shall do no more damage in—”

The machine paid the alicorn no mind. It looked back and immediately fired its plasma cannon. Princess Celestia blocked it with a magic shield, but the T-X, satisfied, continued on with its chase.

“This new foe is dangerous, no doubt,” stated Zecora; “It will take a miracle to win this bout.”

Parker quickly maneuvered past the debris that lay littered throughout the area in his evasion from the T-X. He increased his speed. Falling behind was the absolute last thing he could afford at the moment.

Three white dots appeared on his radar ahead. “Now!” He yelled as he ran past them. The horns of the unicorn guards glowed.

The T-X was covered in an aura of magic, unable to move. Seeing this, Parker did as planned and hurried over. He tore through the liquid metal alloy to get through to the metallic skull, and once the CPU hatch was exposed, he pulled out his knife and attempted to pry it open.

>>Danger… Emergency hatch compromised…

The T-X began to struggle recklessly. Shining Armour strained to keep his hold against the machine, the glow on his horn beginning to fade. Parker finally managed to pry open the hatch and got to work trying to remove the small CPU lodged within the metal skull.

>>Danger… CPU tampered…

In his focus, Parker suddenly felt something against his leg. He looked down to see the bits of liquid metal he had torn off from the T-X were beginning to slide up his uniform. He cursed to himself and tried to speed up his progress, pulling violently at the CPU in order to retrieve it. Soon, the liquid metal traveled onto his shoulders and torso. Parker let go of the T-X to get the stuff off of him. He knew his life would be at risk if they stayed on a bit longer.

The T-X, after much struggling, finally broke free from its restraints. It turned its hand into a power saw and swung at the I-950. Parker, finally managing to get the liquid metal off his body, turned around just in time to grab the T-X’s arm before the power saw could make contact.

The Princesses and Zecora arrived at the scene, as did Twilight and her friends. They watched Parker’s standoff with the machine as he tried to prevent himself from being murdered. The power saw was mere inches from his face.

Twilight saw her brother down the street. He looked exhausted. She galloped to him without time to spare. “You okay, bro?” she asked.

Shining nodded. “Don’t worry. I just lost a lot of energy. How about you? I thought you’d still be at the library.”

“We were,” replied Twilight, “but we needed to find Apple Bloom, Scootaloo, and Sweetie Belle and make sure they were safe first.”

Princess Celestia trotted up. “We set up a safe area at Town Hall.” The moment Twilight heard her mentor’s voice, her eyes lit up. “I was so worried about you. I’m so glad you’re all right,” said the Princess.”

“As am I, my pony friends,” said Zecora.

“But what about Parker and that machine? How are we supposed to deal with them?” asked Rainbow Dash. With all they’ve witnessed these past hours, they figured dealing with those two was going to be problematic for the ponies.

They heard a crash and looked over to see Parker throw the machine through a wall. He glanced at the ponies, yelling at them to go before proceeding to deal with his assailant. The ponies retreated from the area.

“Parker agreed to a truce,” said Air Burst. “He’s gonna help us fight the T-X.”

“Are you sure that’s such a good idea?” asked Rarity.

“All I know is that he wants to survive and we want to save Ponyville,” Shining stated, “Both of those require taking out the machine. I doubt he’d go against his word if that was the case.”

“Ah agree with your brother, Twi,” said Applejack, “But we should get the girls to that safe area the Princess mentioned.” Her suggestion was met with a unanimous agreement from the others.

They made their way back to where they had left the Cutie Mark Crusaders. The fillies were still in the store, contemplating on what they would do. It still bothered Applejack how they knew Parker so well, but she decided to ask them when the whole situation had died down some. “Alright, girls,” the farm pony announced, “come on. We’re go’n towards a safe area that’s been setup in town.”

“Where is it?” asked Scootaloo.

“Near Town Hall,” Princess Luna answered, “We’ll need to stay close together in case we run into the machine again.”

Together, the ponies and Zecora hurried back for the safe area. The sounds of the weapons used by Parker and T-X echoed through the sky. The CMC were worried about the human, seeing the shape he was in and how the town looked since the T-X’s assault first began.

Eventually they returned to the safe area. The ponies were relieved to see their Princesses safe, as well as the Elements of Harmony. “Has anything happened while we were away, guards?” asked Luna.

They nodded. “It’s been quiet over here, thankfully. What about you? Did you see the T-X?”

“We saw it, alright,” said Twilight. “Parker’s fighting it.”

“He got loose again?”

Hearing this, the ponies in the area grew worried. “I don’t recommend going after him,” said Shining. “He’s the only one who has weapons similar to the machine. If all goes well, he can help us save Ponyville.”

Suddenly an explosion rang out from close by. They looked over to see smoke emanating from one of the buildings. Parker staggered out from the smoke, dropping his plasma rifle, before collapsing to the ground. He looked worse than when they saw him, if that were even possible.

The T-X stood over him, its hand changing from a plasma cannon into a power saw once more. A gold aura covered Parker before he was pulled over by Celestia. The T-X regarded the equines.

>>Scanning… Intervening targets… Terminate…

It fired its plasma cannon again only for its shot to be blocked by a magic shield brought up by Luna. Growling in frustration, it marched towards its target. Parker grasped his plasma rifle, turned over onto his stomach, and launched a grenade at it. The impact blew away most of the T-X’s disguise, the liquid metal sliding off from the machine. Another grenade was fired and the machine’s endoskeleton was soon visible to everypony.

“Are you okay, Park?” asked Sweetie Belle.

“More or less,” said the human.

They looked at the approaching machine. The last of the liquid metal alloy was sliding off of it. Despite being hit by two grenades, there wasn’t so much as a scratch as they could see.

“How in Equestria do you stop this thing?” asked Rainbow.

Parker wasn’t even sure of an answer. He had tried everything at his disposal to try and stop Skynet’s creation. He wasn’t sure how much ammo he had left, so trying to shot at it would only be a waste. He staggered to his feet, looking through the bangs in front of his eyes as the machine slowly got closer.

He looked around for anything he could use before his eyes laid upon the giant building nearby: Town Hall. “Yeah, that should do,” he thought aloud. “Alright, I got one more plan up my sleeve.”

“Let’s hear it,” said Shining.

“We’re gonna crush it. Tell me; how big is that building?” He pointed to Town Hall. The ponies immediately got the idea. “I’ll lure it, and once it’s in position, I’ll detonate my canister bomb and bring the whole thing down on top of it. You all just get everyone out of here as quick as you can. Once I give you a signal, trap it one more time to keep it in place.”

“You sure it’ll work?”

“It’s not like we have other options, do we?” replied the human. He counted to three and then made a break for it. The T-X immediately sprayed its plasma turret at Parker as he ran the perimeter, just distracting it.

Meanwhile, the Princesses, Twilight and her friends, and Shining Armour and Air Burst cleared ponies away from the safe area. They flooded away from Town Hall to escape what would be total calamity. They kept a distance from the vicious machine despite it not being focused on them, though some of the guards had crossbows and spears aimed in case it turned its attention away from the I-950.

Parker dove into cover, reloading his plasma rifle. He had only a few magazines left which he needed to conserve in case this plan failed. Hopefully, it wouldn’t.

He continued running around the perimeter, again diving behind cover. On his next run, he would need to make a break for Town Hall. He inched towards the edge, and the moment the T-X stopped firing to charge its turrets, he ran past it, avoiding it trying to grab him, and hurried to the building.

The T-X pursued him. Parker unhooked his canister bomb and placed his hand on the knob. One well-placed explosion would bring the entire thing down, and also hopefully, crush this d—n machine.

Suddenly, he was thrown off his feet after a plasma bolt landed near him. The canister bomb flew out of his hand. Rolling onto his back, he aimed and opened fire at the oncoming machine. Without the liquid metal alloy acting as a layer of protection, the T-X was taking more damage; the plasma nearly disabled it’s one of its arms and dealt serious blows to its torso. Some sparks were flying from underneath its armour.

Parker looked around for the canister bomb he dropped, and spotted it just to his left. He ran towards it, but pulled back and dropped into cover when he was once again bombarded with plasma fire.

The T-X wasn’t letting up. He was trapped. Then, as he heard hooves, he looked over to see— “What the hell is she doing?”

Applejack, despite pleas from her friends, was galloping towards him, carrying his canister bomb. She dove behind cover to avoid the continuing hailstorm of plasma that was flying at her.

“That was… unexpected,” said Parker.

Applejack rolled her eyes, giving him his bomb. “Listen, Ah don’t appreciate that you decimated part of Ponyville and Canterlot, and foalnapped m’ah little sister when we first met. But from what Ah’ve seen so far, she and her friends care for you nonetheless. Now Ah don’t know what went on these past weeks for you to know them so well, but get’n in each other’s face is the last thing we need, especially now.”

“I agree,” was the I-950’s response.

“How big is this gonna be, anyway?” the cowpony asked.

“Well . . . a canister bomb has enough power to take out an entire Hunter-Killer Tank in one blast. So my guess is really big. Just make sure to get everybody out of the blast zone before I set it off.”

“What about you?”

“There’s a delay after I activate it. I’ll set it for thirty seconds so I have a chance to get away.”

Applejack nodded. “Good luck.”

Parker returned the favour. “You, too…” He moved out from cover, luring the plasma towards him while Applejack took the chance to escape. Unholstering his plasma pistol, he used his Heads’-Up Display for precision as he fired shots at the T-X’s turret system to damage it.

Its primary weapon disabled, the T-X decided to go in close. Parker holstered his weapon and placed his hand on the detonator, waiting for the machine to come a bit closer. Once it was close enough, Parker twisted the handle—the canister bomb glowed at the edges—and he tossed it over near the base of Town Hall.

The timer on his HUD began the countdown; now he needed to distract the T-X and keep it occupied long enough for the others to keep it contained. He charged at it, tackling it to the ground. He grabbed its arm and crushed it, preventing it from using its power saw. He kept it pinned until the timer on his HUD read twenty seconds.

Parker quickly dismounted from the T-X, signaling the ponies at the sidelines as he made a run for it. Shining, Twilight, Rarity, and the Princesses’ horns glowed. A multicoloured barrier formed around the T-X one again, but not before it could latch onto Parker’s wrist to keep him from escaping.

The I-950 tried to pull away, but the T-X’s strength mixed with the unusualness of unicorn magic kept him in place. Twelve seconds on the timer. He called out to the ponies: “It’s got me! Turn off your magic!”

“What do you mean?” asked Rarity.

“Just let it go!” Parker yelled, urgently. Reluctantly, the unicorn’s horn stopped glowing as they released the T-X. The moment it was gone, Parker could feel the T-X trying to crush his arm. Instead, he grabbed its arm with his free hand, using his foot for leverage, and tore it away from its body.

The canister bomb detonated the moment Parker high-tailed it. The building swayed left and right before finally collapsing towards the I-950 and machine. Debris was flung from the now broken windows, plummeting to the floor below. Smoke and dust kicked up when the Town Hall finally hit the ground.

It broke apart in seconds, the impact being heard for miles. The gust of wind that generated after the building fell spread the large amounts of dust everywhere, obscuring everypony’s sight. When it cleared, the only thing left were the remains of what used to be Town Hall. Large amounts of debris littered the area, but there was no sign of Parker or the T-X. Some of the guards searched from the air, but failed to find anything.

“Where is he?” asked Sweetie Belle. Everypony around was silent, no whispers or anything. Most were pretty sure the human was dead.

Suddenly a hand shot out from under the rubble. Parker pulled himself out, crawling into the open. He looked badly injured; a fresh pool of blood dripping from another cut on his head alone signified that.

>>Full body diagnostics… Massive external injures… Minor Internal Injuries… Pain suppressed… Advised to seek immediate medical attention…

The I-950 stood, limping away from the debris. The Cutie Mark Crusaders were visibly ecstatic to see that he was still alive. For a brief moment, everything seemed all right. As he walked, another figure arose from the underneath the debris. The T-X, the lower part of its body gone, crawled out and activated its plasma-cannon.

Parker turned to look, but too late. A shot blared out, and in a split-second, the human’s left arm exploded with chunks of flesh flying in the air. He fell to the ground, screaming and writhing in agony at his amputation. Blood seeped from of his newly-crafted wound, staining the dirt.

He looked over at the machine. Taking his plasma pistol, he aimed and pulled the trigger until the entire magazine was empty. What the left of the T-X was a burnt, scorch mark-ridden mess. Its skull was nothing but scrap metal, having taken most of the damage from the plasma.

In short, the T-X was dead. He’d won. Finally.

>>Seek… immediate… medical… attention…

Despite his pain suppression, he could still feel hints of it throughout his body like hot iron. The plasma pistol fell from his hand as he relaxed, and soon enough, the I-950 was out cold.