• Published 22nd Jul 2012
  • 6,680 Views, 113 Comments

Away From the War; Away From Machines - iDeltaVelocity



An I-950 goes to Equestria, unaware of what has followed him.

  • ...
8
 113
 6,680

Ch. 8: "Battle For Ponyville Pt. 1"

Chapter 8: “Battle for Ponyville Pt. 1”

The sound of explosions reached the library fairly quickly. Parker could hear it. He was all too familiar with that sound; the sound from a plasma cannon. The ponies running in fear from the T-X drew one conclusion: he never re-jammed his CPU, which meant the machine had been following him all the way from the Everfree Forest. In technicality, he led it here.

“What was that?” asked Rarity. The explosions were soon accompanied by shots from a plasma turret, and then the fwooshing sound of a ball of flames ejecting from the onboard flamethrower.

Corporal Air Burst entered through the door, or rather slammed through it. “Uh, sir, we have a slight situation going on outside. It’s not looking good.”

Parker felt his breathing tighten, his throat swell up. “It’s the T-X,” he managed to choke out. “Looks like it finally found me.”

Shining Armour looked over at the human in suspicion. “What exactly do you mean by, ‘It found you’?”

The I-950 hesitated, but answered, “It locked onto my signal. It’s been following me ever since I lost it after escaping Canterlot. But now…”

Applejack’s face became red with anger, as did the other ponies in the room—all, except Fluttershy. “You led that thing here, didn’t you?” she snapped.

“I didn’t mean to!” was the response she got. Parker struggled in his restraints for a bit before continuing. “Why would I want to lead the very thing that wants to kill me to the only place I’ve had to hide. Doesn’t seem all too smart, does it?”

“Doesn’t matter anymore,” said Shining Armour, placing his helmet on. “It’s here now, so we have to take it down. Corporal-” He looked over at Air Burst- “your wings are too busted to fly.”

“Don’t remind me,” said the pegasus. “They still feel numb to the touch.”

“Could you stay and make sure Parker doesn’t get away?”

“You got it! That shouldn’t be too hard.”

Parker eyed the unicorn in disbelief. “Did that electricity you shocked me with fry you in the brain? You trying to fight the T-X is suicide!”

“I rather not let that thing destroy Ponyville! Besides, even if it does kill you, it’s still a threat to the Kingdom. It’s not just gonna stop after you’re dead.”

Not until General Connor’s dead, actually, Parker thought. He’s probably next on the list after me and the other renegades are terminated. I wouldn’t count Skynet to skip that opportunity since she discovered time travel. As his attention returned to the ponies in the library, he found that Shining Armour, along with Celestia and Luna had departed to fight the T-X.

Applejack was also about to leave. “Where’re you going?” asked Twilight.

“Ta find Applebloom,” replied the cowpony. “Haven’t seen her since this morn’n, and the last place Ah want her is wander’n around out there with that T-X-or-whatever rampag’n through town.”

“The same goes for Sweetie Belle,” said Rarity. “I simply cannot leave her alone out there with that monster.”

“Scootaloo, also. I’m really worried about her.” Rainbow Dash hurried over to the door, keeping herself in the air with her wings.

“We’ll help you find them.” Twilight, along with Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy, trotted to the Rainbow Dash, Rarity, and Applejack. “Does any one of you have any idea where they might be?”

Applejack thought it over. “It’s a pretty safe bet they’re still together. Ah jus’ hope we find ‘em in time.”

“Then what’re we waiting for!” said Rainbow Dash, “Let’s go!” She was the first out the door. The others followed. Fluttershy, on the other hand, stopped just short of leaving; looked over at Parker who was staring distraught at the ceiling.

She trotted to him. “Are you going to be okay here?”

“I’ll be fine,” replied the I-950. “Just go find Applebloom, Scootaloo, and Sweetie Belle. Don’t worry about me.”

Without another word, the yellow pegasus left to help her friends. Air Burst eyed Parker suspiciously, his view shifting back and forth between him and the door which Fluttershy zoomed out of. “What was that about?”

“Nothing,” said the human. “Just nothing…” His thoughts were occupied elsewhere. He was thinking about the CMC, how he might have just put them in danger by leading the T-X to Ponyville.

"Psst… Parker…"

He wondered where they were.

"Parker…"

Hopefully, they were somewhere away from the crossfire. The T-X was after him, which meant it wouldn’t hesitate to attack anyone that got in its way. They would not need to worry about—

“Ow, what the hell!” A rock fell in front of him, only after striking him on the head.

A whisper: “Parker, over here!” He turned to see the Cutie Mark Crusaders over by the door. They hurried inside, hiding behind the podium before Air Burst could see them. “See? I told you he was here,” said Sweetie Belle.

“What’re you three doing?” asked Parker.

“This here’s a rescue mission,” said Applebloom, “We had ta sneak past a bunch’a Royal Guards on the way here.”

Parker was set back. “Really? Impressive, I must’ve taught you well. But enough about that; it’s not safe for you three to be here, not while the T-X terrorizing everyone in Ponyville.”

“It can’t be that dangerous, can it?” asked Scootaloo. She didn’t receive an answer from the human.

“Just go. Besides, it’s only here for me. It’s here to kill me. And if I’m terminated, you guys won’t have to worry about aliens anymore.”

“Don’t say that,” said Sweetie Belle, “You’re a friend to us, not just an alien. And like we said before, we’re getting you out of here.”

Parker gave them a half-smile, before it disappeared. “Well if you can find a way to make these magic restrains disappear, I’ll be grateful.”

The fillies inspected the restraints. They were a faded violet colour, belonging to either Twilight or Shining Armour. “Think you can give it a try, Sweetie Belle?” asked Applebloom.

“Wait? Are you kidding? It’s probably Twilight or her brother’s magic. My magic’s nowhere near that high!”

“What are you three doing here?” A sudden voice asked. They turned to see Corporal Air Burst standing behind them. The CMC couldn’t answer. They couldn’t tell a Royal Guard they were friends with the alien.

“Listen—Air Burst, was it?” Parker responded. “You need to get me out of here. I can stop the T-X.”

Air Burst shook his head. “I can’t do that. I’m under orders to make sure you don’t escape.”

“Are your orders that much more important than the sake of an entire town? We can’t let that machine…” He stopped, taking a deep breath. “Where I’m from, there’s a war going on. A global one: Humans against Machines. The T-X is the latest creation in that war, and its objective is to kill me, along with many others, at all costs—under any means necessary. It does not hold back on killing anyone that gets in its way—humans or ponies. You saw it in Canterlot, remember? When I saved your life?”

That mention of his situation in Canterlot made Air Burst cringe. That machine was not hesitant on trying to end his life. “You did save my life. So I guess that means I need to return the favour.”

“By finding a way to get me out of here,” said Parker.

“But how? I’m a pegasus, not a unicorn. And this is high-grade magic, something that any ordinary unicorn can’t hope to get rid of.”

Apple Bloom placed a hoof to her chin. “Maybe we can break the podium. That might make the restrains vanish.”

“We could try that,” said Air Burst. He and the girls pressed against the other side of the podium. “We each push on three: One. Two. Three!” They pushed, and the podium disintegrated without much effort.

Parker quickly stood, ecstatic. “Finally! I’m free!”

“Actually, Parker…” Apple Bloom pointed to the magic restraints that were still wrapped around his body.

“Dammit, they must have tightened when I got out. Magic is tricky.”

“Is there any other way we can get him out?” asked Scootaloo.

Air Burst shook his head. “Not that I know of. Smashing the podium to pieces was the only plan I thought was a good one. If only—”

They heard the sound of footsteps coming down the stairs. “Guys, what’s going on? I can hear you from upstairs.” Spike walked into down the library, to see Air Burst and the CMC, as well as a semi-freed Parker staring at him. “Did I miss anything?”

“Do you know how to get these restraints off?” asked the I-950.

“No,” replied Spike, “and even if I did, why would I let you go?”

“Because there’s a deadly machine out there that could spell disaster for you and the rest of your Kingdom. That’s why.”

“You mean that T-X-thing Shining Armour told us about. It’s here? Wouldn’t it be better for the Royal Guards to take care of it?”

Parker sighed. “If only it were that easy. Compared to what your military has, the T-X will wipe the floor with anyone that comes within three feet. I’m the only one here who has experience fighting machines, so I know how to take it down. I just need to get out of these restraints.”

“Well I can’t help you there,” said Spike, “Unless…”

“Unless, what? What’re you thinking?”

“Maybe magic’s not flame retardant.”

Parker eyed the dragon with suspicion. “Are you saying you’re going to… burn the magic off me?”

“It could work.”

The human contemplated this for about a millisecond. “Any other bright ideas?” No pony answered. “Come on, I know you guys have something better, something that doesn’t have a possibility of me dying a horrible, flame-related death.”

“We’ll need every possible solution we can get,” said Scootaloo. Unfortunately for Parker, everypony ponies agreed.

The human looked bemused. I know I’m gonna regret this.


>>Scanning… Target location: 57 kilometers…

Everywhere the T-X went, a reign of destruction followed in its wake. Ponyville had fallen into disarray. The machine sprayed shots from its plasma turrets at anything that confronted it, specifically Royal Guards. The others ponies weren’t a problem. They weren’t keeping the machine from completing its objective. And they would fare better to stay out of its way.

The Royal Guards had been pushed into a corner. They had tried everything they could think of to slow the machine’s advance, but all of their attempts to achieve this were instead met with failure. Blockades, ambushes; everything they employed resulted in the T-X blasting its way through. Literally. The Princesses were helping the guards get the townsfoalk into safe places where they could escape the crossfire.

Shining Armour watched the T-X make its way through the streets amidst debris from destroyed buildings around it. The amount of destruction this one machine could cause was frightening, and it made him wonder how Parker could stand having to fight hostiles like this on a daily basis.

“What do we do, sir?”

Shining pondered this question. They had used everything they could. Well, almost everything. He was accompanied by two other unicorn guards. He tried before to use magic to slow the T-X’s advance, but maybe he could contain it with help from a few other unicorns. “We’re gonna try to use magic one more time. But this time we’ll use it all together. That should at least give us some power to stop it.”

“You sure it’ll work, sir?” asked one of the guards.

“I’m not sure. Right now, I’m out of other options. But it’s better to try.”

“We’re with ya, then.”

Shining nodded. “We’ll need to get to a flanking position and ambush it to catch it off-guard. Got it?” The guards understood and they followed their leader, using as much cover as they could to get to a position far ahead of the machine.


They told him lots of times to hold still, but that was asking too much for Parker, considering a dragon—albeit a baby dragon—was blowing flames just mere inches away from his uniform, which he wasn’t sure was flame-repellent. Another thing that made the human nervous was the fact that Spike was blowing green flames. Were green flames hotter than blue flames? Could he spontaneously catch fire from it?

“Parker…” Apple Bloom looked up at him. “Could you please hold still? Ah think he’s almost get’n through.” She could see the restraints beginning to flicker.

“I have no idea if my clothes can resist flames. If they can’t, then I have a right to be nervous,” he replied.

Scootaloo chuckled. “Stop being such a baby.”

“I think the magic’s starting to disappear,” said Spike. Suddenly more explosions rang through the library walls.

“We need to cut through these restraints faster,” said Air Burst. “Is there any way you can make that happen.”

“If I blow larger flames, maybe that’ll help.”

Parker shook his head. “No, I’m fine. Just keep cutting.” Regardless, Spike began blowing larger flames. It nearly caught the human’s uniform on fire, but he managed to keep from that, and within half a minute, the magic around Parker’s body disintegrated and vanished into thin air.

“See? That wasn’t so bad, was it?” Apple Bloom mocked him.

Parker scoffed. “Whatever. It’s not like I was scared.” He looked around and saw his Hacker on the nearby table. He went over and clamped it around his forearm, but upon further inspection, he saw the rest of his stuff was missing. “My weapons aren’t anywhere in here.”

“They’re keeping them somewhere else in town,” said Air Burst.

“Where?”

“I have no clue. But they’re probably Royal Guards still watching over them. They shouldn’t be too difficult to find.”

Parker nodded. “Got it. Next stop: outside.” He opened the door and hurried out. The sun was still in its place on the mountain horizon since Celestia and Luna were here helping evacuate the ponies instead of in Canterlot.

The I-950 made his way through the streets, rushing past dozens of ponies who were going in the opposite direction. He activated his Heads-Up Display:

>>Scanning… Hostile confirmed: T-X… Distance: 70 kilometers…

It’s getting closer, he thought, staring down the path, I need to find my weapons if I wanna have a chance at killing it.

“Parker!” He heard his name called and turned to see the Cutie Mark Crusaders galloping towards him. “We’re here to help!” said Sweetie Belle.

“Absolutely not! Go back to the library; this no place for you right now. And how the hell did you get past Corporal Air Burst?”

Hooves soon reached the human’s ears and he looked up to see Air Burst running towards them. “Technically, I’m not supposed to let you leave my sight.”

“Why are they out here?” asked Parker.

The pegasus guard looked down at the fillies and back at the I-950. “I’m guessing they wanted to help, just like me. I’m still a Royal Guard, and I’m not gonna sit by while a machine destroyed Ponyville.”

These ponies can’t be serious, can they? The determined looks on their faces said otherwise. “No, I can’t let you guys do that. You’ve never faced anything like a machine. They are nothing like the creatures in Everfree.”

“Give me a break, already,” Air Burst said. “I said I was gonna help and that’s just what I’m gonna do. And I don’t go back on my word.”

Parker was left in a state of shock. He couldn’t believe what he was hearing. Still, he thought, It would be nice to have at least some help this time. “Fine,” he said, “You can help, Air Burst.”

“What about us?” asked Scootaloo.

“There’s absolutely no way I’m letting you three go near a machine. Go find my weapons. We’ll have a better chance at taking it down if I have them. Okay?”

They nodded dutifully, with determination, and hurried off while Parker and Air Burst hurried towards battle. “What was the real reason you sent those three off?” the pegasus asked.

“To keep them out of the way,” the human said, “at least for a while. I’m focused on taking down the machine.”

“Think you can take it?”

Parker shrugged. “I-950s were built primarily for reconnaissance missions. In direct conflict, I’m pretty much screwed. The T-X is stronger, much more resilient, and comes with a wide variety of weaponry and defenses that can turn Equestria into hell on Earth. In other words, it effectively makes me and any other I-950s obsolete.”

Hearing this made Air Burst incredibly uneasy. “So how are gonna do this?”

“Scootaloo told me pegasi have control over the clouds.”

“My wings are still busted. I can’t fly up there.”

“Not if I toss you.”

Air Burst stopped upon hearing those words. He looked up at Parker only to see a cooed smile on the human’s face. “No way.”

“Have it your way.” Before Air Burst could react, Parker grabbed him and threw him up into the air. The pegasus, luckily, landed on a cloud right above. “I’ll lure the T-X over here!” Parker yelled up. “When I give you the signal, you blast it with lightening!”

“Are you sure about this?”

Parker nodded. “Trust me! I know what I’m doing!”


Shining Armour waited behind cover for the T-X to arrive. The two other unicorn guards were on the other side of the streets, awaiting his signal to strike. Their weapons couldn’t pierce the machine’s body, but at the very least they could keep it contained so it wouldn’t harm anypony.

He heard the metal footsteps drawing closer. The elongated shadow of his enemy appeared in front of him, and his horn glowed as he prepared to apprehend the T-X. He looked to the other unicorn guards; they were ready, as well, though the only thing they could do was hope this plan would work.

Suddenly, the footsteps stopped. Its shadow was still on the ground, so it didn’t teleport, if it could do that. Plasma fire followed abruptly, sailing over the Captain of the Guards’ head. How did it know they were hiding there? He looked over at his comrades and nodded. They immediately peered from cover, their horns glowing bright. The T-X was quickly covered by a thick layer of magic. From what they saw, the machine looked like it was unable to move.

“I think we got it,” said Shining. Admittedly, it was creepy looking at it in plain sight, mainly because of its eyes. They were empty, soulless. But that was expected since this thing would attack anypony without hesitation or second thought.

One of the unicorn guards looked at it. “It seems a little too dangerous to take back to Canterlot, don’t you think?”

Before Shining Armour could answer, he felt the magic encased around the T-X tremble. Upon having a precise look, he swore he could see the machine moving. It was moving, taking step after step towards the Captain and his comrades.

“How is that even possible?” Shining couldn’t believe his eyes. The machine was beginning to break free. Keeping it contained was becoming more of a strain with each trudge the relentless machine took forward.

More effort was given into keeping it under control. Their horns glowed brighter with more energy put into stopping the T-X. Though, it wasn’t enough.

Alarmingly, it managed to punch its hand through the barrier, the magic breaking like glass, as it transformed from a turret into a plasma cannon. Shining and the other guards leapt out of the way before the plasma made contact, the barrier encasing the T-X disappearing as a result.

The force from the shockwave threw Shining Armour against a wall. He shook the cobwebs out of his head and looked up to see the T-X standing over him, looking down at him with glowing sapphire-blue eyes. This was it; he was done for.

A whistle, followed by a rock thrown at the machine’s cranium, brought the T-X’s attention elsewhere.

>>Analysing… Target confirmed…

Parker—the target it’d been searching for—stood down at the street, nothing but a wooden bat in hand. He knew it wouldn’t do any good in dealing significant damage, but he would only need it to distract it so he could lure to the ambush position. “Come on, you rusting metal tin-head! I thought you wanted to kill me!”

Immediately, the T-X aimed his plasma cannon and fired. “Oh shit!” Parker was nearly caught in the blast, moving at the last minute. He retreated; making sure the T-X was following him. I really hope Air Burst is ready with that lightning. “Come on! You want me? I’m right here!”

Shining Armour watched Parker lure the machine away, though he was under fire from its plasma weaponry, which he miraculously managed to avoid. Wondering what the human was planning by leading the T-X further into Ponyville, the Guard Captain stood and followed.

Dodging the oncoming plasma fire from the T-X, Parker made his way further towards the ambush site. Once Air Burst blasted the machine with lightning, its circuits would fry and it wouldn’t do anymore harm. Of course, as with all plans, this one had a chance of backfiring. He just hoped he wouldn’t have to face that.

He ducked behind a crate as more plasma sailed over his head. Looking ahead, he spotted the cloud with Corporal Air Burst positioned on top, waiting for his signal. The I-950’s current position was too far for the lightning to strike, so he would have to get a bit closer in order for it to work.

He made a bolt out of cover. The heavy suppressive fire from the relentless T-X had yet to let up. That made the human go behind various pieces of cover on his way to the pegasus guard. Just a little more, he thought.

One more leap out of cover; he ran under the cloud. “Now!” he shouted.

Air Burst stomped on the cloud, sending a huge bolt of lightning shooting down towards the machine. The T-X looked up in time to see it, and holding out its arm, shot a stream of liquid metal in defense. It made contact; the lightning, having struck a target, dissipated while the metal fell to the ground in a puddle.

“Oh, you have got to be kidding!” said Air Burst. The T-X looked up at him and fired a blast from its plasma cannon.

The pegasus fell from the cloud as he avoided the attack. Because his wings were still injured, he had no means of flying as he hurdled towards the pavement below. Just as he almost hit, he felt a force keep him levitated just a few inches off the ground, and opening his eyes, he found himself encased in purple magic.

He saw Shining Armour. His horn was glowing, which would explain why he was levitating in mid-air. The T-X surveyed the area around it.

>>Scanning… Multiple targets identified…

What the fuck are they doing? Parker thought. He knew the machine would kill anyone who stood between it and its objective, so it did not surprise him when it turned around and aimed its cannon at Shining Armour.

The stallion was in plain sight. As it was about to fire, Parker charged from cover, tackling the machine to the ground. “Get him-” He pointed to Air Burst, who was still levitating upside down- “out of here. Now!”

He lifted the T-X off the ground, blocked a punch aimed at his head, and tossed it through a wall. Lyra and Bon Bon, who were hiding inside, were shocked to see the machine suddenly crashing into their home. Parker walked into through the hole in the wall, into the kitchen, just as the T-X beginning to stand.

He grabbed it by its neck, lifting it, but was shoved in front of the oven. The T-X marched towards him, its eyes glowing in the shadows around its face. Parker grasped the countertop, reeling both legs before releasing them into a powerful kick, launching the machine through the wall back outside.

“Guess it was just a matter of time before I had to fight this thing face-to-face,” he thought aloud. He looked down at the couple of ponies hiding underneath the table beside him.

“Please don’t hurt us,” said Bon Bon. She was frightened—not as much as Lyra—at seeing the infamous alien in her house.

“I’m not looking to cause collateral damage,” replied Parker, right before prying the entire kitchen sink out of the wall. He ran back out and swung the sink. It practically exploded upon hitting against the metal endoskeleton, but as he expected, hadn’t caused the slightest damage.

Some ponies watched from inside their houses as the two alien creatures fought each other in the streets, smashing through anything in their way. The T-X activated its plasma turrets and aimed; Parker ducked before the first shot was fired and held its arm in the air, letting the plasma sail into the sky.

The machine saw that its target refused to go down easily, so its next best option was to weaken him as much as possible, enough to finish him off with ease. Returning its arm back to normal, it grabbed hold of Parker’s arm tossed him. The I-950 staggered to his feet just in time as the machine fired a shot from its plasma cannon. He avoided, letting the plasma bolt destroy part of the wall behind it. He ran the perimeter, keeping out of the way of the oncoming plasma. The only thing he wished for, however, was his plasma rifle. He wondered where Cutie Mark Crusaders were with his weapons.

A plasma bolt landed right at his feet, throwing him across the air. As he picked himself up off the ground, his hands started stinging. Looking at him, he saw that they had numerous cuts and scrapes running across his palms. Looking up at the relentless machine that was approaching him, he knew he would have to more—a lot much—if he wanted to destroy this thing for good.


“That has to be where they’re keeping Parker’s weapons.” Scootaloo pointed over to a large tent that was being guarded by two Royal Lunar Guards. “Any idea on how we could get past them?”

“Maybe we can distract ‘em with someth’n,” said Applebloom.

“Or perhaps we can sneak inside,” Sweetie Belle suggested. “There doesn’t seem to any more guards around. Most of the ones in town must still be fighting.”

Applebloom acknowledged her. “Alright, then, Ah guess we’re sneak’n in. We’ll have ta do this quick and quiet before anypony spots us.”

They nodded. They made their way over to the tent, occasionally looking between it and the guards to see if they were being watched. Approaching it, they lifted the tarp and hurried inside. Everything was there; Parker’s plasma pistol and M1911 handguns were on a table, still in their holsters, as well as some ammunition and a canister bomb, and his plasma rifle rested against a barrel with his backpack.

The girls hastily placed the handguns into the backpack along with the packs of ammunition and the bomb; Applebloom had strapped the plasma rifle around her body. Luckily as they were doing this, the guards hadn’t noticed them. They would be able to make a clean getaway and get back to Parker. “Ah think that’s everyth’n.”

Scootaloo noticed a small photograph on the ground and picked it up. On the photo was a picture of another human, a female posing playfully in front of the remains of a Terminator. She had black hair like Parker’s but a bit more kempt, and she also wore the same uniform as him, which meant she was in the Resistance as well. “Who do you think it is?” she asked.

“Ah don’t know,” said Applebloom, “Maybe Parker knows. We can ask him after we’re done.” They nodded in agreement on that decision and got out of the tent.


The wall gave way as the T-X smashed through it. Parker stepped inside—into Sugarcube Corner—grabbed it by the neck and slammed it to the ground before stepping on his face. The stomp had left a small crater in the ground, but even that had failed to show damage in the machine which kicked its target away. This was the first time Parker had been exposed to prolonged combat with a machine. Blood was starting to drip from a cut on his forehead, running down his face. Most of what he faced before would have been taken care of easily thanks to his strength and training, but the T-X was something more than just a regular Terminator. Skynet had improved it in so many ways he did not think was possible.

The I-950 Infiltrator thought fast as a strike from the machine’s power saw was swung towards him, blocking it just mere inches from his face. They grabbed each other, but the power saw quickly retracted into the T-X arm as it was replaced by the nozzle of a flamethrower. Parker kicked the machine away, stumbling back towards a door and falling into another room.

He soon found himself staring at two baby ponies, one a unicorn and the other a pegasus. The baby pegasus smiled and waved at the I-950, prompting Parker to do the same. “Hi,” he said, “At least there’s someone here enjoying themselves.”

He heard a gasp and turned to see a blue earth pony mare—Sweetie Belle said her name was Mrs. Cake—holding a broom aimed at him. “Get away from my precious little gingersnaps!”

“Hold on, wait a minute . . .” Parker wiped from the blood from his face, “I’m not even trying to—”

The T-X approached the I-950 from behind and grabbed him, picking him up and holding him against a wall by his neck. Parker watched the liquid metal seep out from beneath the machine’s armour and cover its body. Before he knew it, he was staring at a complete reflection of himself. “You plan on taking my place after I’m terminated. That’s smart for a machine.”

He gulped at the sudden realization that he was facing. He did not want to admit to himself, especially a second time, but he was afraid.


Applejack, Rarity, Rainbow Dash and the others had searched throughout much of Ponyville but still hadn’t found a trace of Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, or Applebloom. It was becoming extremely like the situation they faced at Sweet Apple Acres when they first saw Parker with a kidnapped Applebloom.

Initially during the searched, they opted to stay away from the warzone that had erupted in their town, but after a fruitless effort, it became apparent that it was next place they had to search.

Much of this section of town had been devastated. It was scary being here since they had never been in this type of environment before, especially since the T-X was still lurking around somewhere. They last thing they wanted to do was run into it.

“Sweetie Belle,” Applejack called out, hoping for a response in return, “Scootaloo! Applebloom!” No answer. “Where in Equestria could they’ve gotten to?”

“Hey!” A pony hiding in a barrel peered out to see the mares standing there, “Will ya keep it down? I rather not have that thing blasting its way through here. And what’re you six doing out in the open?”

“What happened? Where is everypony?” asked Twilight.

The pony replied: “Either hiding or getting the hay out of town. That alien’s on a massive rampage.” He went into detail about the alien and how it managed to plow its way past every Royal Guard that confronted it. The girls listened attentively and were horrified at what they heard. “It can also shoot flames from out its arm. I don’t know if there’s anypony who can stand up to it without getting hurt.”

Is this what Parker had to deal with before coming here, Twilight asked herself, thinking back to the human’s reaction to the T-X.

“Anyway, why aren’t you six in a hiding place?” the pony asked again.

“We’re look’n for some fillies,” answered Applejack, “Two of ‘em are sisters, and the last one is really important to my friend here.” She pointed to Rainbow Dash. “We jus’ can’t leave ‘em alone with the town under attack like this.”

“Well I’m sure they’re safe and sound. Probably hiding somewhere around here until the coast is clear. But I suggest when you find ‘em, you get as far away from here as possible . . . or hide . . . whichever is best for you six.” Without another word, the pony ducked his head back inside the barrel.

“Oh, I really hope they’re okay,” said Rarity. Hearing more about the T-X had gotten the unicorn more nervous than usual. Her mane was becoming disheveled and ragged, and sweat was beginning to drip down her face.

The six mares continued through town, keeping on the lookout for anything that would lead them to the Cutie Mark Crusaders. From where they were standing, it was like a ghost town. Much of the stores around them were heavily damaged; the ground was littered with patches of flames and broken debris. A loud boom! startled them. They weren’t sure where the T-X was, which only added to the anxiety.

They stopped when they started hearing grunts around the corner, followed by a ding of something hitting against metal. It stopped for a moment, generating an uneasy silence . . . right before a body was thrown into the open, slamming against a wall. The figure staggered lazily to its feet, and girls saw it wasn’t a pony. It was Parker. He looked a mess; battered and bruised; bloodied all over his face and tattered uniform.

He looked up and immediately fell back at the sight of another “Parker” stepping out from behind the corner. “Fucking machine,” he said, staring at the imposter. He was starting to break down, his heart racing as the machine revved up its power saw. That’s when the realization hit him: This is where I’m going to die.

Author's Note:

To those of you who might be confused, the T-X has taken the form of Parker because it plans to impersonate him.