• Published 1st Jul 2017
  • 1,489 Views, 28 Comments

Return to Harmony - The Hero of Harmony



The Tree of Harmony is one of the most mysterious things that exist in Equestria. How long has it existed, why has it existed, and most importantly: Is it aware?

  • ...
1
 28
 1,489

The Bonds of Friendship


The Cave of Harmony, Everfree Forest


Twilight didn't know what to think. Expecting find some evil creature wanting to harm Equestria, she is instead greeted by this majestic unicorn, who was wearing the Elements of Harmony on her head much like her old crown but with all six of them on the crown. She at first couldn't speak a word, taken back by this mysterious pony's beauty, and at the same time calming essence, which felt familiar to her.

"Hello little one..."

Her mind snapped back to reality when she heard the pony spoke to her. Her voice, sounding so calm, so caring, almost as if she was talking to Princess Celestia, but she sensed this unicorn was older than Celestia and Luna combined. Her voice also sounded more ethereal, as if she was a spirit in the wind.

Twilight slowly regained her composure, as the unicorn continued to smile at her softly.

"U-um... h-hello there..." Twilight stuttered out.

The taller mare simple just gave a soft chuckle.

"I would have expected this sort of reaction. After all, it is not everyday you see a mysterious, tall, and elegant unicorn like myself.

Twilight had so many questions, no doubt. The Tree of Harmony is gone and here stands a tall pony she never seen or ever thought about seeing in her lifetime. Finally, she gathered the words she wanted to ask.

"Who... are you? And what happened to the Tree of Harmony?"

The unicorn just closed her eyes as she turns around and walks toward the stump of where the Tree stood. She stared at the stump for a few moments before turning her head back at the princess, with the same smile.

"Well, that should be rather obvious, especially to you... Princess Twilight Sparkle."

Twilight's eyes widen, as her mouth hangs agape.

"W-what? But... but how do you--" Twilight asked, but the unicorn simply raised her hoof.

"To answer your first question, my little pony. You can call me..."


Everfree Forest


"Come on girls! We've gotta hurry if we are going to find Twilight!" Rainbow Dash yelled as the pegasus flew off ahead into the Everfree, as she sees her friends gallop after her, though Pinkie was just hopping merrily as usual.

Spike and Starlight split up to go gather Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie and told them about Twilight running into the Everfree Forest alone after she mentioned something happened to the Tree of Harmony. Soon after, they made their way to the forest to find their best friend.

"Boy, I dunno what Twi was thinking, running here by herself. Y'all think she come by and wake us if things wit the Tree were serious..." Said Applejack.

"Well... maybe she didn't want to wake us up... consider it being the middle of the night..." Fluttershy replied.

She was hesitant at first when she was told they had to chase Twilight into the Everfree at this hour, who wouldn't be? But realizing it was their best friend, she had to make sure their closest friend was okay.

"...I do find it odd that Twilight never thought to stop to wake me up considering she had to have run past my cottage to get to the Everfree..." She added.

"Well considering she was in a hurry to rush to make sure the Tree of Harmony was alright, she probably wasn't thinking clearly as it was the one thing on her mind at the moment, darling." Rarity responded.

"Yeah! Maybe it's somepony new and she came to welcome them to Ponyville!" Pinkie shouted out, as she hopped past Rarity and Fluttershy.

"Hey! Instead of chatting, maybe we can keep moving to see if the Tree and Twilight is alright?" Rainbow Dash shouted as she flew back to the group.

Applejack just stares at Rainbow Dash.

"We are hurrying Sugarcube, but you just darting ahead into the forest, not knowing what will jump out at you."

Rainbow Dash frowned, "Well sorry AJ, but I'm just worried that our best friend, who is a Princess, could be attacked by Celestia knows what!"

"Um girls..." Fluttershy asked meekly as she approaches the two.

"I-is it me, or does the forest seem... more quieter than usual...?"

The group looked around and have noticed that the Everfree was completely silent. Not even any crickets could be heard chirping.

"...Yeaaah... it is kind of eerie. The Forest is too quiet..." Spike added.

"I take it that this place usually isn't this silent?" Starlight chimed in.

"Well usually there are dangerous creatures that lurk around the Everfree at night, yet since we entered the place, we haven't come across a single creature... Why is that?" Spike further added.

"Hmm, well whatever the reason, it might have something to do with the Tree! Let's hurry!" Rainbow Dash then darts off down the path, leaving a rainbow trail behind, as well as the girls and Spike.

"Wait up Dashie!~" Pinkie shouted as she and the others continued after her.

"Well, you got to admit her determination is undying." Starlight said to herself.

The group then gallops on after Rainbow, deeper into the forest.


The Cave of Harmony, Everfree Forest


Twilight couldn't believe her ears from what the mysterious unicorn replied with.

"...Y-You're the...? No, that's impossible. How is it possible??" Twilight questioned.

The unicorn simply stood there, still keeping that sincere smile on her lips.

"My dearest Twilight... I know it is hard to believe, and you probably would never ever imagined this ever happening in your lifetime, but I speak the honest truth..."

"Surely, you seen the resemblance and connected the dots, hmm?~" She added, giving a knowing glance.

Twilight thought about it, and taking it all into consideration, it seems to make sense: her appearance, the fact she is wearing the Elements of Harmony on her head, the fact she was standing in the place of the Tree. But still, that leaves one other question that was creeping up in her mind.

"But, how is this possible...?"

Just before the unicorn responded, she looks past Twilight to the entrance of the cave, with her soft smile, her eyes twitched.

"Well, I believe you are not the only one who wants to know..." She simply said as she nods her head behind Twilight.

At first, she didn't see anything but then she heard a familiar voice yell out.

"Twilight! You down there!?"

"Rainbow Dash? But how did she...?" Twilight asked herself, before Rainbow appears at the mouth of the cave and sees her.

"Twilight! Hey guys, I found her! She's down here!" The pegasus yelled out.

Soon she looked out and saw her friends come down the steps from the top of the ravine to the cave entrance. She was surprised.

"Girls! Spike! What are you doing here?" Twilight asked as they all approached her, relieved.

"Well Sugarcube, Spike and Starlight told us you just went and galloped all the way from home to the Everfree without thinking twice!" Applejack answered as they gave Twilight a hug, clearly been worried about her.

"Oh yes darling! We were worried that something might've happened to you! You know it is not right to wander here after night. Who knows what could've happened to you!" Rarity added.

"Yes Twilight, you should've woken us up if something bad was happening... even if it was at this hour... in the Everfree..." Fluttershy meekly replied.

Twilight was shocked. She was so wind up about something happening to the Tree that she never thought about getting help from her friends.

"Oh girls... Spike, I'm sorry... I was not thinking clearly when I came here. When I sensed that magical flux, I just had to come investigate." Twilight let them go.

"We understand Twilight. I actually felt it too when I was asleep and ran out of my room to go tell you, but Spike already told me you were already out the door." Starlight said, smirking.

"Well thankfully, nothing bad has happened. In fact, you are not going to believe this..." She added.

"Whatever do you mean, darling?" Rarity asked.

The young white mare simply looks past her and sees the tall unicorn still standing there, with her content smile.

The others, sans Twilight, gasped as they didn't even notice her until now.

"Twi? Who is dat pony? And where is the Tree of Harmony at...?" Applejack asked, clearly in awe at this unicorn's grace and appearance.

Rainbow Dash, despite being in awe, frowned, "Yeah, who the hay is that? Did she do something to the Tree?"

She was about to charge at the unicorn, who didn't at all seemed fazed by her sudden change of emotion. Twilight stopped her by grabbing her tail with her magic.

"Wait a second, Dash! Don't attack her!"

The unicorn slowly approached the group, as she spoke softly once more.

"It is alright my little pony... You have every reason to be suspicious of me. I know, this will come as a shock to you all, but I speak with honesty..."

The unicorn looked toward Applejack when she mentioned 'honesty'.

"For you see, I am the one who chose you to be my new Bearers. You bore the Elements, and helped save Equestria with your friendship and courageous acts. You knew that the Elements are what brought you together, and by giving them up, your bonds would remain eternal without them. It was that reason, you saved me from my terrible fate..."

She paces a bit back and forth, as the group listen and watch her, as she continues.

"The plundervines that ravaged the Everfree and part of Equestria... have it not been for you six, I would've died. The bond you six shared were so powerful, that upon being returned the Elements of Harmony, I gained a higher sentience than what I had prior. The time came now, that I wanted to be free from my roots, and to take on this appearance..."

The group listened, as they all thought about what she was saying, and it slowly clicked in their minds. The unicorn can see the realization hitting their faces, and she simply chuckles.

"Yes, my Chosen Bearers. you are not mistaken. I am the Tree of Harmony, but you may simply call me... Harmony.~

Author's Note:

And another chapter.

I can't believe you guys actually love this story so far. I never expected this many likes and favorites. Thanks for your support! ^^

So now, the pony introduces herself as the Tree of Harmony, or simply Harmony. How will our group take this revelation?

Find out in the next chapter!~

Until next time!