• Published 30th Jun 2017
  • 1,159 Views, 28 Comments

Sun Salutation - Twinkletail



Celestia chronicles her interactions with her new yoga instructor, Tree Hugger, in her journal.

  • ...
2
 28
 1,159

June 7th

Dear Journal,

I am terribly thankful that things I write in my own private journal is for my eyes and my eyes only, because I am about to go on a rant of epic proportions.

Today was the Prime Minister of Trottingham's birthday, and Luna and I had promised to go to his celebration. Sounds simple and easy, right? Well, naturally, it wasn't. Getting Luna to go to an event like this during the day is no easy feat in itself. I suppose I can forgive her seeing as how she's so busy during the night, but we didn't have to leave for the party until 2:00! Certainly she could have gotten a decent morning's sleep and woken up in time to go. But of course, by the time I finished up my meetings with Prince Rutherford of Yakyakistan and Ambassador Gilda of Griffonstone, she still hadn't woken up!

By the by, I've never met an ambassador as rough around the edges as Gilda. I recognize that friendship is a new concept to the griffons, but really now? Her comments on Prince Rutherford's culture nearly caused an international incident! One would think an ambassador would have a bit more tact, no? It was very fortunate for all parties involved that I was able to talk Prince Rutherford down before war was declared. I hear that once yaks declare a war, they stop at nothing until a winner has been decided. All the better that we avoided it, but still a very frustrating situation. I agreed to hold a banquet for the yaks and griffons exactly one week from today. If there's anything that can calm nerves and foster a positive relationship between two sides, it's a good old-fashioned party.

So Luna was late waking up. By the time she finally dragged her rump out of bed, it was nearly 1:30! There was practically no time for her to get ready! I had to help her brush her mane, and I have enough trouble wrangling mine when it decides to be extra wavy. Hers is a completely different animal. And could you believe she wanted to carefully arrange the stars in it to form constellations? She's been trying to impress the Prime Minister for her own personal reasons for a while now, but if that is her aim, then she should plan her time better to achieve it. Perhaps if she wanted to form Cygnus and Piscis Austrinus in her mane, she should have woken up on time. With the time we had, we were lucky to manage the Little Dipper. We ended up leaving 15 minutes late, and Luna knows how much I value my punctuality.

I wish I could say the frustration ended there, but the party was a pain in itself. I love all my subjects, but one thing that many of them do not realize is that when Luna and I are out for pleasure and not business, we are likely not looking to discuss business. Nearly everypony I met at the Prime Minister's party had some manner of agenda that they wanted to discuss with me. I didn't feel right waving them off, so I met every issue of theirs with a smile, but all I wanted to do was unwind. And Luna was no help at all. She was practically glued to the Prime Minister's side. I'm happy for her, of course. Companionship is a wonderful thing, and she and the Prime Minister seem to mesh rather well. At the same time, I couldn't help but feel a twinge of jealousy. I haven't had that manner of companionship in at least a century or so. A pony in my position doesn't always have time for such things, but that doesn't mean she can't want it, does it? Needless to say, I left the party in a rather sour mood.

That mood didn't last terribly long, however. Tonight was my first actual session with Tree Hugger. There's just something relaxing about her presence and poise. I suppose that comes with the territory, given her job. And she seems rather intuitive. Even upon first arriving, she told me that she could tell my chakras were misaligned. I didn't want to bother her with my problems, though. Perhaps I shouldn't have lied and said that everything was fine, but she didn't need to hear about the frustrations of the day. That's what writing in here is for, and I wouldn't want to burden her with my problems.

We started with some meditation. I've had my doubts in the past about meditation, but for some reason, sitting still with my eyes closed while Tree Hugger instructed me on when to breathe really managed to calm my nerves. As for the stretching...well, I'm going to chalk my inability to stretch quite like she did up to my age and her experience, and certainly not my dessert portions. Luna claims they are too large, but she fails to understand that I am a bit taller than her and thus need a little more. And besides, I burn off enough of it in my daily tasks. My metabolism is quite high, thank you very much. Tree Hugger, though...goodness, I've never seen a pony stretch and pose quite like she does. I'm quite thankful once again that this is a private journal, because I have to admit that my mind wandered a teensy bit when watching her. But any pony in my position would have done the same.

That's it from me for tonight. I'm afraid I hear my bed calling. As usual, I have another busy day tomorrow, and that's not even taking into account the planning I need to start doing for this yak-griffon soirée. Hopefully tomorrow will go a bit smoother than today did.

-Celestia