• Published 30th Jun 2017
  • 1,159 Views, 28 Comments

Sun Salutation - Twinkletail



Celestia chronicles her interactions with her new yoga instructor, Tree Hugger, in her journal.

  • ...
2
 28
 1,159

June 9th

Dear Journal,

Did you know there was a Diamond Dog problem just outside of Ponyville? I certainly didn't until today. I used to know about problems that threatened to befall my land well in advance of them becoming major issues. Am I losing my touch?

Mayor Mare came to the palace this morning in such a tizzy, I thought she'd run out of gray mane dye. Apparently, a tribe of Diamond Dogs has been weaseling their way towards Ponyville through the mine system that lies beneath it, and now they had even taken a pony hostage! Plans had to be changed around immediately to travel to Ponyville and work things out. I'm sure the mayors of Manehattan and Baltimare will understand that I had to cancel our brunch. An international incident is certainly a pressing matter.

Thankfully, the matter didn't end up being nearly as pressing as Mayor Mare made it seem. Upon reaching Ponyville and making my way to where the Diamond Dogs were seen, I found a cheerful group of Diamond Pups having a nice, quiet teatime with one Miss Maud Pie. As it turns out, dear Pinkie Pie has a small history with Diamond Dogs and assumed the worst when she saw some with her sister. So I cancelled plans and made a trip for no reason at all. Though I can't possibly be upset about that. The safety of my ponies comes first, and I'd rather check and find nothing than take no action and risk that safety. I could have done without the stress that the situation put on me, though.

Speaking of stress, I know I said it yesterday, but I really think hiring Tree Hugger was the right thing to do. I got home from Ponyville to find that she had shown up early for our session. She was sitting outside the palace, playing a sitar. She must have been in some manner of zone, because her eyes were closed as she played, and she didn't even hear me approach. The music was so lovely and soothing, I couldn't help but sit down nearby and listen. I could have alerted her to my presence, but I didn't want to interrupt the music. She gave me such a warm smile when she finished and opened her eyes to see me. I thought I was going to surprise her, but it was she who surprised me when she gave me a pat on the shoulder.

I know I've mentioned this before in the past, but so many ponies look at me and my sister and think of us as being on such high pedestals above them. I know Cadance experiences this too, and I've heard that Twilight's slowly beginning to notice it as well. Many ponies out there just think that we're more than just ponies because of our titles, and that they barely deserve to speak to us at all, let alone touch us. I really wish that wasn't the case. I mean, I don't want ponies just...constantly coming up and touching me or anything. I just want to be treated like the pony I am, rather than some exalted figure meant to be worshipped. So few ponies seem to understand that, but Tree Hugger seemed to have gotten it right off the bat. She seems to look at me as not just a Princess, but a pony, and I can't even say how much I appreciate that. She gets it. And I think she gets me.

We went over a series of stretches tonight. Funnily enough, she said it was called the "Sun Salutation." I have to wonder whether that's the accepted name or if she customized it for my benefit. I tried to copy her, but some of those stretches feel like they're just outside of my ability. It starts off with a rather impressive back bend, and well, I'm just not used to moving that way. Tree Hugger, though...she's as graceful as they come. I'm very impressed by her, and not so impressed at my own abilities. I'll get there, though. I'm sure I can eventually stretch like she does. I'm determined to make her proud like she said I did for her.

It's about time for me to get to bed. The brunch that was cancelled today is now taking place tomorrow, so I'll have to shift my schedule a bit once again, but I can make it work. And I still need to prepare for the party for the yaks and griffons! A Princess's work is never done. At least these sessions with Tree Hugger have been going well.

-Celestia