• Published 30th Jun 2017
  • 1,151 Views, 28 Comments

Sun Salutation - Twinkletail



Celestia chronicles her interactions with her new yoga instructor, Tree Hugger, in her journal.

  • ...
2
 28
 1,151

June 6th

Dear Journal,

What. A. Day.

I nearly forgot that Ember from the Dragon Lands was coming to Canterlot today for brunch. I swear, I feel like sometimes I'd lose my mane if it wasn't constantly defying gravity atop my head. And the most frustrating thing is that it never used to be like this. Forgetting about such an important meeting just isn't like me, but it's been starting to happen every once in a while. Luna insists that it's stress, but that's simply absurd. My mind has just been occupied with many things at the same time. Many, many things. As the leader of a nation, that kind of thing is absolutely normal.

I'm quite happy that nopony (hopefully) is reading this, because looking back on that last bit, I suppose I can see an argument for saying that I'm just trying to convince myself. That's not the case though.

Brunch went quite well, despite my nearly forgetting about it. Ember is a very enjoyable sort to be around, albeit a little gruff at times. I've never before seen anypony insist on greeting with a chest bump. Maybe Twilight was onto something with that little fantasy of hers. Also, chest scales are not quite as hard as I expected.

From there, it was on to appointment after appointment. I may have come across a little...short, I suppose...when dealing with the mayor of Whinneapolis. I hope he didn't get too offended, but I just don't understand why a royal meeting needed to be held to decide what colors to make the uniforms for their buckball team. I did make sure to apologize to him for my suggestion of throwing random paints into a bucket and seeing what they made. I truly thought it a good idea at the time, but I suppose I could understand how it might come off as rude. I do hope they are satisfied with the purple costumes I finally chose. I think I'll refrain from telling him that I just went with the first color that popped into my head. The deeper meaning he came up with was quite interesting.

At least one thing went decently today. I had my first meeting with Tree Hugger, the personal trainer/yoga instructor I hired. Today's meeting was simply to test the waters and see if she was the type that I wanted to stick around. Not that I have anything against any of my subjects, but I can picture some ponies being difficult to work with in this capacity. Imagine Pinkie Pie in this position? I adore Pinkie, but there would be no chance of relaxation, and I'd be eating even more cake than Luna claims that I eat now! Thankfully, Tree Hugger does not seem to be one of those ponies. We had a small chat over exactly what she would be doing for me, and I must say that I already felt a little more at ease just speaking with her. I don't know how to explain it, but she has a very calming tone about her. I suppose that's good for somepony who does what she'll be doing. I swear, after the day I had, that bit of relaxation was greatly appreciated. I still don't think I need a yoga instructor–and certainly not a personal trainer–but I suppose if she's going to be this pleasant, it couldn't hurt to let her do her thing.

Anyway, I should cut this entry short here. So much to do tomorrow. I'll write again tomorrow evening.

-Celestia