• Published 12th Feb 2019
  • 767 Views, 15 Comments

Earthling or Equestrian? - Tjtbomb



The Mad Tinker, a unique name, with many meanings. A mercenary, an Alias, an alien, a harbinger of death, a dangerous ally, and finally... Friend.

  • ...
7
 15
 767

#1- ... what?

Earthling or Equestrian?

#1- ... What?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up to a rather uncomfortable sensation. In my eyes. I believe you would call it pain.

I screeched like a banshee and slapped my welding goggles onto my face.

What the hell!?

I blinked rapidly and slapped myself when I could see again, not believing what I was seeing for a second. A bright ball was in the sky. The ball of life. The sun.

Not a single wisp of fog or smog in sight.

Guess that wasn't a dream then.

I instinctively whipped my red-and-gold striped scarf back around my face. Despite there being no one about to see it. Old habits die hard. I never took this thing off except to bathe weekly.

This isn’t possible.

I glanced about at the massive forest surrounding me in awe, wonder, and greed. Plants in general were closely protected (not to mention worth a fortune), so seeing an entire forest, something completely unheard of back home, was really setting off my 'steal everything in sight' sense. I glared at a far-off cloud and was enraptured by a simple flower at my feet. It really was nothing like the massive, foul-smelling metropolis I had grown up in.

I began walking in a random direction as I continued to take in the sights around me.

I was beginning to wonder if this was the afterlife.

I felt my face. Nope, somehow I doubt heaven would leave me with my goatee. Every angel I've heard of seemed rather clean-shaven. And to be honest, an angel I was not. I’ve actually planned to take over hell more than once.

So I wasn't in heaven, and I really kinda doubted that Earth survived the Alpha. So, I had a few possibilities. I time traveled, or I'm on a different planet, universe, dimension, etc. So, by process of elimination, my own dimension was gone. Because I knew sure as hell that nothing in my realm of existence was so peaceful.

I dun-diddly-darn screwed up and now my entire universe was gone. I sighed.

Surprisingly, in hindsight, I didn't really have anyone to mourn. You didn't make friends in my world, you made allies. And with my adopted parents long dead, and nothing to fight for other than their memory, I didn't have a sweetheart to protect. Not to mention anybody and everybody who had power was corrupt and evil. Myself included, but I was in more of the grey area.

My only regret... were all the children. Children were the one thing I didn't hate with a passion on Earth. Reminded me of myself when I was young. Full of hope, innocent, faultless, believing the world to be a wonderful place. I have long since learned that is far from reality.

Author's Note:

I'll introduce some characters next chpt. don't worry. Also, so you know, haven't seen an episode in years. I know season one. maybe up to Discord. I only saw it on Netflix. shut up. I watched ones that interested me. like the discord ones. i like discord. I'm Rambling. Cya!