• Published 12th Feb 2019
  • 765 Views, 15 Comments

Earthling or Equestrian? - Tjtbomb



The Mad Tinker, a unique name, with many meanings. A mercenary, an Alias, an alien, a harbinger of death, a dangerous ally, and finally... Friend.

  • ...
7
 15
 765

#10- Discordant Melody

Rainbow Dash POV

Toby's long, riotous laugh with Discord made me smile. The God of Chaos came through this time, and got a new friend in the deal.

"Can we see inside?"

"Of course! Come along!"

Discord led us to the elaborate door and opened it for us. Toby rushed inside and yelled in joy. We followed shortly.

Woah.

"YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!"

Toby rushed about, fiddling with everything in the room. (Picture above except filled with instruments) He ran by and hugged Discord before rummaging through the piles of instruments. He turned back with a mischievous little twinkle in his eyes.

"Hey Discord!"

"Hm?"

"Can you play?"

Discord just smiled. Toby dug around in his coat and threw some paper at him.

"Find your instruments! We need to jam!"

I shook my head. This could end badly. Or it could go well. I honestly had no idea.

Discord gathered a drumset and a tambourine while Toby hooked up a guitar.

"One! Two!- ONETWOTHREEFOUR!"

https://m.

(Toby sings main in a lovely tenor voice. Discord is backup)

Wow. Toby jammed harder than DJ PON3! The two chaotic musicians were singing and playing as loud as they could, shaking the house. When they hit the chorus, they started stomping around in a circle, carrying their instruments. Finally, when they ended the song, they fell on top of each other, laughing. We could barely stop laughing watching them. Toby popped up again and started pulling out massive folders of music.

"I never thought i'd be able to play these again! And I know the perfect one for this occasion!"

He flipped through the folders rapid-fire before retrieving the set he wanted. He threw it at Discord again and dived head first into the instruments.

"Eh, Toby?" Called Discord.

"What?"

Toby appeared on the opposite side of the room, dragging a piano behind him.

"We don't have enough voices for this one."

"Aww What? Really?"

He came and looked at the music. He suddenly turned a 180.

No, nonono. Please don't.

His eyes smiled at me.

"Oh Raaaaainboooooooww..."

"Oh come on! Why me?"

"Fluttershy gets stage fright."

I glared at him. He threw his hands up, disappointed.

"Oh well, you probably couldn't have managed anyway."

That ticked me off.

"Can't manage!? I'll show you!"

I rushed forward and grabbed the music. I started reading.

Wait a second.

I looked at him. He was sitting down at the Piano.

He didn't.

As if reading my thoughts, he turned to me.

"Oh yes, I did."

Why i ought' a-

"But come oooooooooonnnnnnnnn Dashie, Don't Stop Me Now!"

He started playing.

https://m.

I reluctantly started singing backup with Discord. He gave me the drums while he swooped over and nailed the guitar solo. I could barely keep up with the drums and sing at the same time. Toby hopped up and started dancing on the bridge, kicking the footstool across the floor, before slamming back into the piano. I sang my heart out with them as they jammed their hardest. We ended up playing it three times. Fluttershy started to sing along a little bit toward the end but stopped and blushed when we noticed.

"That was Awesome!"

Toby leaned back from the piano, looking toward me.

"I told you you'd have fun! Was I wrong?"

I laughed, "Nope! That's the only time you'll prove me wrong though!"

"We'll have to see about that! When do you want that race?"

I thought for a second.

"Friday works! Can we do it then!"

He gave me a 'seriously?' look.

"Do you think I have anything better to do?"