• Published 21st Jun 2017
  • 777 Views, 11 Comments

The Heroes of Equestria; Season One - TechDragonX



Set in an alternate universe where everything is the same but not at the same time.

  • ...
 11
 777

Special; Team Harmony vs Nightmare Moon

When the lights came back on Nightmare Moon was summoning two black steel katanas. Cobalt picked up his sword with his magic and taunted Nightmare to come over to him.

"Foolish, Cobalt, you can't take me on by yourself," said Nightmare Moon as she charged at him.

Cobalt stood still for a moment before dashing at Nightmare Moon, and blocking her katanas. When Cobalt was about to deliver his attack the sword and his element was enveloped in a bright red glow causing everypony and Spike to look in his direction. When the glow died down the sword looked as good as new, the blade now has a normal silver color and the hilt has a bright red orb in the middle.

"That's the sword of the legendary knight, Cobolt," said an curious and surprised Nightmare Moon.

Something then knocked one of Nightmare's katanas out of her magic aura.

"What's your full name, Cobalt?" asked Nightmare Moon.

Confused by this random question Cobalt was about to answer until Rainbow and Applejack both jumped Nightmare Moon.

"What's that to you?" asked Rainbow.

"That's for me to know and you to find out," said Nightmare Moon as she used her magic to push both mares on her.

"My name is Cobalt Star, the element of courage," said Cobalt while he slashed at Nightmare's horn.

"Cobalt Star, of the Star family, I presume?" asked Nightmare Moon as she rolled away.

"How do you know that?" asked Cobalt.

Before Nightmare Moon could respond Twilight spoke.

"The Star family in Canterlot?" asked Twilight.

"Yes, that one!" yelled Nightmare Moon.

Spike then noticed a green glowing set of shards and touched them and was enveloped in its glow. Nightmare Moon saw this and charged at Spike. Rarity and Pinkie stepped in the way of Nightmare Moon, Pinkie pulled out a cannon out of her mane and shot a sticky cake mix at the charging alicorn, whilst Rarity fired off a spell the sent Nightmare Moon flying into Cobalt's sword which glowed its normal color as it cut inbetween her wings and drew some blood.

"Ahhhhhh!" yelled Nightmare as her body was enveloped in a dark blue magic while the cut was glowing in a magic infused blood red color.

When the dark blue magic disappeared Nightmare Moon was standing there in an armor with her cutie mark on the front.

"I WAS GOING TO GO EASY ON YOUR POOR LITTLE TEAM, BUT NOW I'M NOT!" Nightmare Moon darkly and coldly screamed in rage.

Applejack then sprinted full speed and used her left front hoof to punch Nightmare Moon in the face. As soon as Applejack kept backwards towards Cobalt all four of her hoofs and her element started to glow.

"Nightmare storm strike!" called Nightmare Moon as she used her katanas to strike at a unprepared Applejack and Cobalt. The two ponies took a load of hits that appeared to be breaking into their armor. Before Nightmare Moon could land the final hit, a giant ball of fire hit her in the side and exploded upon contact. Everypony looked over at Spike who had fired the fire ball and has a suit of golden armor with a green dragon in the center.

"Another one?!" exclaimed Nightmare Moon.

Twilight then blasted the angry alicorn with a spell that slowed her down. When the glow on Applejack's hoofs died out she had on four gauntlets two of which has orbs the color of her element.

"Help," squeaked Fluttershy.

Everypony was so focused on Applejack's gauntlets that they had forgotten about Fluttershy who was hidden in a corner. When they quickly spun around they saw a horrific, nightmarish sight; Nightmare Moon was in the process of removing her left front hoof with her magic. Fluttershy's hoof was strangely bleeding way too much from a small cut.

"It's an illusion!" said Spike with his eyes glowing orange, "The real Fluttershy is over there, that just a pile of wood, rocks, and a mess of vines."

Nightmare Moon the transformed her katanas into a long sword and threw it at Spike. The dragon dodged the blade, but the bladed hilt had hit him in the back, causing him to fall over screaming and blood was flooding out.

"That sword poisoned blades prevents the blood from stopping naturally," said a smug Nightmare Moon.

Fluttershy ran over to Spike, Cobalt noticed and summoned his discarded bag and gave it to Fluttershy. Taking the bag she went into doctor mode while holding some bandage in her wings she started to glow. Everypony aside from Fluttershy ran up to Nightmare Moon and started to unleash waves upon waves of attacks.

"Nova Star Storm!" Cobalt called out as his sword glowed in color similar to a super nova and drew a star in front of himself then dashed at Nightmare Moon cutting into her armor.

"Nuclear Punch!" called Applejack as she punched Nightmare Moon in the face. Further breaking into her armor and creating a loud SNAP in her face. Rainbow Dash was about to tackle their opponent at full speed until her wings and tail started to shine along side her element.

[Spike and Fluttershy...]

When the glow started to leave Fluttershy's view the bandage was imbedded within her armor and hung over the edge of her tail and wing tips. Speaking of wing tips, Fluttershy's were glowing a soft pink color and Spike's wound. As the battle waged on Spike's whole body was glowing and so was his element, instead of giving him a weapon or special ability, Spike grew taller up to Fluttershy's hight, his scales remained the same color he sprouted purple wings with the inside the same color as his stomach and two white horns also with longer and sharper claws and several spines along his back.

"Whoa, what happened?" asked Spike.

Realizing that it's still Spike inside Fluttershy decided to explain what happened. After the explanation Spike eyes started to turn green and his claws started to be surrounded by energy.

[In The Fight...]

When the glow surrounding Rainbow Dash finished its course Rainbow's armor had tanked up in appearance, but still allowed her to continue full speed. The impact with Nightmare Moon sent her flying back into another wall. Nightmare Moon came out of the wall smirking at Team Harmony.

"What's the smirk for?" asked Rainbow Dash.

"This one, its for this attack," said Nightmare Moon.

"Nightmare Blood Destruction!" the alicorn called out, causing all the blood around her body and on her armor to surround her body and swirl around her and become a solid blood ball above Nightmare Moon.

While preparing to launch the ball at the team of heroes and heroines. Spike jumped in the large party cannon Pinkie was pulling out and asked if she would launch him. When Nightmare Moon fired the ball, using the cannon he was launched in front of the ball and thrust both of them into the ball which caused it to skyrocket upwards where it to explode above the castle. Everypony was speechless while Rarity gave his the magical energy recovery emerald in a compartment in her armor when everypony got over their shock. The emerald glowed the same color as her element and split its self into two, the one Rarity got transformed into a cannon and unlocked a compartment on her back where it slid into. While the hysterically laughing Pinkie Pie started to glow entirely, and where an unicorn's horn would be was a orb with a balloon imprinted in it.

"Solar Slash!" called out Cobalt as his sword charged up and he dashed at Nightmare Moon, but she blocked the sword with her armored wings.

"Exploding Party Poppers!" Pinkie excitedly called out.

Pinkie's forehead orb projected a pure pink party popper at Nightmare Moon who tried to block the popper, but ended up flying into another wall. Twilight then shot a powerful stun spell at Nightmare Moon which kept her in place. The last member of Team Harmony; Twilight finally started to glow. Unlike the others you could see Twilight's armor transformation. Some magic from Twilight's horn flowed out and surrounded her while forming a staff with an large orb on top, all the while her eyes were glowing white and flowing with magic.

"Not another one!" screamed Nightmare Moon.

"Diamond Cannon!" called out Rarity, as the cannon on her back appeared and shot a large diamond at Nightmare Moon.

The previously distracted alicorn was then knocked into another room. When she emerged her armor was completely destroyed and she was surrounded by her own magic, weapons, outdated machines, and a unusual element shard.

"I call upon the power of Nightmares, and their creators. Grant me the ultimate power; Hyper Nightmare!" chanted Nightmare Moon.

When she was finished with her chanting, the objects surrounding Nightmare Moon bonded with each other in a makeshift battle suit.

"NOW BEHOLD MY TRUE BATTLE FORM!" yelled Nightmare Moon.

Nightmare Moon was wearing mech like armor. Her body was covered in a metal the same color as her previous armor, the wings had blades on the ends, her horn was underneath a magic enhancer, along the back of the armor were weapons made from other weapon parts, a sort of launcher on her tail, and her legs were covered in spikes.

"Oh my, your battling attire is absolutely horrid," said Rarity.

Everypony looked at her confused, While Spike gave her a look which basically said 'This isn't the right time for that'.

"Nightmare rockets!" called out the battle armor equipped Nightmare Moon.

Eight rockets were blasted from her tail launcher. Team Harmony scattered in hopes of losing the rockets ultimately Twilight had to summon a shield to protect the rest of the team.

"Final Battle!" Nightmare Moon called.

The whole room were turning pure black and fading away. Suddenly a eye opened up in the middle of the leftover room, however the eye fired off a beam at the group, Cobalt saw a shield and jumped over to it and tossed the shield at Spike. Upon catch the shield and blocking the ray the shield instantly turned into dust. Unfortunately the ray also hit Spike causing him to fall through the ground. Rainbow Dash flew towards Spike and brought him back to safety.

"Thanks for the save, Rainbow," said Spike.

"It was no problem for me," responded Rainbow Dash.

"Hey girls, Spike!" called Cobalt, "A little help down here."

"Oh, sorry, Cobalt," said Rainbow.

"Rainbow Dash, let me try something?" asked Twilight.

"Ok, Twi," answered Rainbow.

"Cancellation Zone!" called out Twilight as her staff glowed a light purple color and Nightmare Moon's spell was cancelled.

Nightmare Moon then tried to ram Twilight with her body, but Spike sent her flying towards Cobalt who knocked Nightmare with his blade to Applejack who used her gauntlets to send her to Pinkie which ended with her getting popped by poppers and flown to Rarity and ended up being shot by a diamond this sent Nightmare Moon towards Fluttershy who naturally moved out of the way, with Rainbow Dash tackling the alicorn into the wall. Causing the whole entire wall to crash down onto Nightmare Moon.

"Anti-Matter Bomb!" cried Nightmare Moon when she emerged from the rubble.

Nightmare Moon then summoned a large, solid, dark blue sphere.

"This will destroy everything and everypony in Equestria from Canterlot in ten minutes. It can't be deactivated unless I'm defeated, or set free," said Nightmare Moon before collapsing.

Cobalt then ran to his bag and pulled out an unicorn energy drink, pegasus energy drink, and a normal energy drink. Which he proceeded to mix together.

"Um, Cobalt, dear why do you need that?" asked Rarity.

"You'll see," responded Cobalt.

Cobalt walked past the girls and Spike up to the unconscious Nightmare Moon and poured some of the drink into her mouth. Nightmare Moon quickly recovered, but something was off about her.

"Where am we," asked Nightmare Moon in a different voice.

Everypony and Spike were shocked and confused as well as on guard.

"Are you okay, Nightmare Moon?" asked Cobalt.

"Who is this,'Nightmare Moon' you speak of?" said 'Nightmare Moon' "My name is, Luna, Princess Luna."

"Princess Luna?" asked Cobalt, "Twi, any ideas?"

Instead of Twilight answering somepony else did.

"Princess Luna is or was my little sister," said somepony.

Instantly Twilight and Spike recognized the voice.

"Princess Celesta?" both Spike and Twilight said.

However the reunion was short lived as Luna was growling and rolling around in pain. As her body turned back into Nightmare Moon.

"Ah!, I see somepony was reacquainted and set themselves free," said Nightmare Moon.

"Even though I no longer have an spritual connection with the elements, I have a physical connection with them," said Princess Celesta.

The bomb placed by Nightmare Moon about nine minutes ago only had one minute before it teleports and explodes.

"Well, I see that I'm still standing here..." said Nightmare Moon before she caught Celesta telling Team Harmony the spell she had used to send her away.

"Not now!" screamed Nightmare Moon.

"The elements of harmony act as one; Magic, Laughter, Courage, Honesty, Loyalty, Generosity, Kindness, and Knowledge, united as one stands against evil, as a powerful magic," said Twilight as the ground began to shake and Team Harmony was levitated of the ground.

"That magic is the Magic of Friendship!" said the entirety of Team Harmony.

All members of Team Harmony eyes were beginning to glow a rainbow of colors; Lavender, Pink, Orange, White, Cyan, Yellow, Green, and Dark Gray, as a sphere of the same colors formed over their heart shaped hug with Twilight in the middle, Spike to her left, Rarity to her right, Pinkie above Spike, Rainbow above Rarity, Applejack below Spike, with Fluttershy below Rarity, and Cobalt below Twilight. As the beam of magic hit Nightmare Moon she cried out in pain as she was being separated from her host and being sent back to the Moon. Leaving nothing behind aside from her armor, eight devices, and a note.

Dear Celesta and Elements of Harmony,

If you are seeing this letter that means I didn't survive the separators process from the elements. But in my place I leave behind eight fragments of myself in eight devices for the element bearers. Even though Nightmare Moon is gone she may and can return. The devices will allow the harmony armor to be stored and repaired. I didn't come up with a suitable name for them, but I am pretty sure somepony can. I'm sorry for not being honest with you Celesta about my emotional issues and I hope that you forgive me.

Your sister and princess, Luna,

"Princess Luna, she sacrificed herself for the greater good of Equestria, and left behind these," said Twilight pointing at the devices.

Suddenly the devices sprang to life and bonded with Twilight and her friends. Each one was a different color. The ponies of Team Harmony's colors were the same as their fur, while Spike's were the same as his scales.

[After Intoductions...]

"Wait, don't we have a party to get to?" said Pinkie.

"Oh my, your right, Pinkie Pie," said Princess Celesta as she teleported Team Harmony and herself to Ponyville.

As soon as they appeared all the ponies surrounded the group. The celebration went on as scheduled and ended with Celesta lowering the Moon and raise the Sun. Now the after party had begun, there was music playing and ponies dancing. Everypony was having the most fun time they have all day. Twilight then spotted Cobalt over at the snack table and went over to talk to him.

"Cobalt, hey," said Twilight.

"Hey, Twilight," responded Cobalt.

"I... um... I want to thank you for protecting me from Nightmare Moon's bolt," Twilight said clumsy.

"Twilight, that what friends are f..." Cobalt was cut off when Twilight gave him a small peck on his cheek.

This left Cobalt stunned, and Twilight walked away giggling. While the both of them were blushing. When the two walked up to Princess Celesta, Cobalt recalled what Nightmare Moon had said during their battle.

"Princess Celesta," said Cobalt bowing.

"Please rise, and you are the rest of Team Harmony can call me Celesta and you don't have to bow," said Celesta.

"Ok," said Cobalt rising, "Nightmare Moon asked me what my full name is, when I got the sword of courage, do you know anything about that and my family history?"

"The only thing I was told to say to a member of the Star family is the legendary knight, Cobolt, was your ancestor," said Celesta.

"Wait the legendary knight was related to Cobalt?!" asked Twilight.

"Yes, and he wanted me to give you this scroll," responded Celesta.

When summoning the scroll the device on Twilight's wrist activated and the scroll was scanned into the devices.

"Ahh!" yelled Twilight, "Where did the scroll go?"

"Twilight, calm down, its in the device," reasoned Cobalt.

"Oh, sorry about freaking out," said Twilight.

Suddenly Cobalt's device activated and a image of Luna appeared above the screen.

"Luna?" asked Celesta.

"No and yes, sister, while I'm Luna, I am not at the same time," responded Luna.

"Think I have the perfect name for these devices; Celestial Harmony Watch or the CHW," said Cobalt.

"We agree," said Luna.

Everypony looked at the holographic Luna as she spoke in a thousand years old way.

"Why is thou looking at I like that?" asked Luna.

"Luna, nopony speaks like that any more," said Celesta.

"Oh, I will wait until a language is chosen," Luna said before flashing off and then flashing the scroll up.

Cobalt looked at everypony and Spike as they encouraged him to read the now digital scroll. Cobalt tapped on the scroll and it opened. Instead of words there was a bunch of random lines on it.

Upon looking at the markings Cobalt eyes glowed white and then went back to their normal blue color.

"I have a rough idea on what the markings are but I'll need to head back to Canterlot," said Cobalt.

"I'll keep that in mind, now Twilight are you returning back to your normal studies or if you want you can remain here in Ponyville?" asked Celesta.

"Actually, I would like to remain here, with my friends and learned more about the magic of friendship," responded Twilight.

"Ok, I hereby decree that my student Twilight Sparkle and Spike are now full time residents here in Ponyville," said Celesta.

Everypony from Ponyville cheered as they now have a new friend and librarian.

'This is the start of a new adventure' thought Cobalt.

Author's Note:

Here you go readers. That concludes the first story arc. The side chapters are gonna be based off the episodes of the show from season one. See y'all later.