• Published 21st Jun 2017
  • 777 Views, 11 Comments

The Heroes of Equestria; Season One - TechDragonX



Set in an alternate universe where everything is the same but not at the same time.

  • ...
 11
 777

Special; The Nightmare Trials, Part Two

As our heroes were walking up to a rapidly moving river when they heard crying from up the river. A sea serpent was the one who was crying.

"Excuse me sir, why are you crying?" asked Twilight.

"Well, I don't know, I was sitting here minding my own business, when a tacky purple smoke cloud passed me and took my beloved mustaches clean off as well as some of my hair," said the sea serpent who showed the group the locations of his missing hair pieces.

"Oh, it's simply horrid," said the serpent while splashing in the water, and getting the group wet.

"Give me a break," said Rainbow.

"That's what all the fuss is about," said Applejack.

"Why of course it is, you can be so insensitive" said Rarity.

"I have some enchanted hair dye but no hair," said Cobalt.

"Anypony wants to give up some of their hair?" Cobalt asked the whole group.

"Your lovely scales, your manicure all ruined with that bald spot and without your mustaches," said Rarity.

Before anypony could respond a loud OW! was heard everypony looked over to Rarity who was levitating a scale from the serpent who the cut of her tail and lower main and gave it to Cobalt along with the scale. Cobalt poured the dye on the two pieces of hair and the scale, before giving them to Rarity who put them on the serpent's face and head. The two tails then changed into the color as the rest of the hair on the sea serpent's body.

"Oh, woo hoo, thank you it's wonderful," said the sea serpent.

"Your welcome," responded Rarity.

"Oh, your beautiful tail and mane, Rarity," said Twilight.

"Oh, don't worry short tails and manes are in this season, also they'll grow back," said Rarity.

"So would the hair and mustaches," said Rainbow Dash.

"We can cross now let's go," said Twilight, before the sea serpent lifted her and the group up.

"Allow me," said the serpent.

[Later...]

Our team of heroes arrived at the castle of the two sisters.

"There it is, the Elements of Harmony," said Twilight running forwards.

"Wait for us, Twilight," said Applejack.

"Whoa," said Twilight.

"What's with you and falling off cliffs today?" asked Rainbow Dash.

"Now what?" asked Pinkie.

"Duh," said Rainbow before taking flight.

"Oh, yea," said Pinkie.

Rainbow Dash flew down to get the other end of the bridge. When she got to the other end Cobalt saw more of Nightmare Moon's magic on the ground.

"Rainbow," said a mysterious voice.

"Who's there, I ain't afraid of you show yourself," said Rainbow while in a fighting pose.

"We've been eagerly awaiting the arrival of the best flier in Equestria," said the mysterious voice again, with the surrounding fog getting thicker.

"Who?" asked Rainbow Dash.

"Why you of course," said the voice.

"R-r-realy, I mean oh yeah me," replied Rainbow.

"Do you mind telling the Wonderbolts that?" asked Rainbow, "I been trying to get in that group for like ever."

"No, Rainbow Dash, we want you to join us, the Shadowbolts," said a Pegasus pony wearing a black and purple flight suit with yellow goggles and a lightning bolt design around the neck.

"We're the greatest aerial team in the Everfree forest, and soon in all of Equestria," said the supposed leader of the Shadowbolts.

"But first we need a captain," said the pony.

"Wait aren't you the captain?" asked Rainbow.

Then the pegasus started to name the qualities that the captain needs. When she finished Rainbow Dash jumped up into the air. Remembering that she needs to tie the bridge up as she reaches the rope the rest of the Shadowbolts appeared along with more of Nightmare's magic.

"It's them or us," said the Shadowbolts in unison.

"Rainbow, what's taking so long?" said Twilight.

"Oh no," said Twilight, spotting the three Shadowbolts.

"Cobalt, Rarity, I need your help," said Twilight.

"Ok," said the two.

Nightmare Moon's magic surrounds Rainbow Dash and the fog gets even more thicker. Just then several blasts of magic are shot into the fog. A light blue beam shot the Shadowbolt behind Rainbow Dash, said Shadowbolt suddenly started to shake and burn with purple blood quickly flowing out of the body. A red beam hit the pegasus that had tried to normally get Rainbow to join their team, the Shadowbolt then imploded in on herself. The magenta beam hit the magic around Rainbow and forced it to turn into applesauce.

"Applesauce? Really, Twilight?" said a confused Rainbow Dash, before falling onto her butt.

"Don't listen to them, Rainbow," said Twilight prior to the fog getting even thicker and Rainbow passing out.

[Inside Rainbow Dash's Head...]

Rainbow Dash was sitting in a chair inside of a dark room, with a single lightbulb above the door. Before she could determine her whereabouts a certain dark blue alicorn walked in.

"What do you want with me?!" exclaimed an angry and surprised Rainbow Dash.

"That's no way to talk to your leader," said Nightmare Moon, before she used her magic to make a small cut on Rainbow's cheek which started to leak a little blood.

"Leader?" asked Rainbow.

"Yes your leader, I'm the one who took you in after everypony abandoned you," said Nightmare.

"Nopony abandoned me!" yelled Rainbow.

"If you don't believe me, Rainbow Dash, then look at these pictures and videos," said Nightmare Moon.

As she plays some videos and shows some pictures to the captured pegasus. Said pegasus took note that her wings were tied and her legs were also tied.

"Nightmare Moon!" yelled Rainbow, before continuing "If you took me in, why am I tied up?"

Stopping the magic powered screen the dark blue alicorn untied Rainbow Dash. When she finished she heard Rainbow say something.

"What was that?" asked Nightmare Moon.

"I said; Thank You..." said Rainbow, before she kicked her captor in the legs then in the horn.

"... but I'm loyal to my friends and family who wouldn't abandon me," finished Rainbow Dash.

[In the real world...]

The remaining Shadowbolts dissolved into Nightmare Moon's magic mist when Rainbow awoke. The rest of the team ran up to their dazed friend and helped her up.

"Oh my, are you ok, Rainbow?" said Fluttershy.

"I'm good guys, but we need to stop Nightmare Moon," replied Rainbow.

"She's right," said Cobalt, "We have to stop Nightmare Moon."

"Hey, I was counting the number of trials we went through out of the eight of us only; Spike, Fluttershy, Applejack, Pinkie, Rarity, and Rainbow went through a trial seamlessly solvable by them," said Twilight. "Which means, Cobalt and me, have to be prepared, as well as all of us."

"Let's do it then go, Team Harmony," said Spike.

Everypony looked at the little dragon in confusion. Then decided to carry onwards to the castle. Upon walking into the ancient castle the team of heroes spotted the elements of harmony, Twilight went up to the petrified orbs and started counting.

"1, 2, 3, 4, and 5, ok all are here," said Twilight.

During this Spike took noticed the sixth element.

"Um, Twilight there's six orbs up there," said Spike.

Recounting the orbs, Twilight gave Spike a look that basically said 'Are you ok'.

Without dwelling on the matter Twilight readied her magic in her horn and said "Now for the spark."

When she got ready to release her magic a familiar magic mist appeared and took Twilight, and the orbs. Cobalt noticed the mist and ran towards it.

[Nightmare's throne room...]

The mist brought Twilight and Cobalt a few feet away from Nightmare Moon and the orbs in front of her.

"Thanks for bringing me this gift loyal subjects," said Nightmare Moon.

Twilight charged up a spell and charged at Nightmare Moon who scoffed and charged back. Before their collision, Twilight teleported to the orbs to try and bring the spark. Nightmare Moon noticed and shot a lightning bolt at Twilight. Cobalt grabbed a sword from of the ground and jumped in between the bolt and Twilight. Instead of hitting the sword the bolt struck Cobalt and knocked I'm into the wall behind Twilight...

[Main Room...]

The search for their missing friends continued as they each called out their names. A blue flash appeared from another part of the castle. This flash didn't go unnoticed as Applejack and the remaining team members as well as the captured Celesta saw it.

[Twilight and Cobalt...]

"Pitiful fool," said Nightmare Moon.

Before Twilight could react she was kicked over by Cobalt while Nightmare Moon destroyed orbs. Twilight then heard and say their friends coming up the stairs.

"Cobalt, look," whispered Twilight.

Cobalt saw them and smiled so did Twilight. Nightmare Moon asked them why they are smiling when they are about to be killed, and the elements are no more, Twilight was the one who spoke.

"You didn't destroy the elements of harmony, because they are inside of the eight of us."

"The elements of kindness, Fluttershy, who tamed the manticore with kindness," said Twilight.

Fluttershy was levitated into the air and was surrounded by some shards which were glowing pink.

"The element of honesty, Applejack, who reassured me when I was in doubt," said Twilight.

Applejack was then levitated into the air and surrounded by some orange glowing shards.

"The element of generosity, Rarity, who gave up something she loved for someone else," Twilight said.

Rarity was then in the same position as Applejack and Fluttershy and surrounded by some purple shards.

"The element of loyalty, Rainbow Dash, who didn't give into temptation," said Twilight.

"The element of laughter, Pinkie Pie, who laughed in the face of danger," Twilight said.

Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie were levitated into the air and surrounded by a light blue and pink glowing shards respectively.

"But the spark didn't work," said Nightmare Moon.

"I wasn't done, Cobalt, you showed courage to protect me from harm," finished Twilight.

Cobalt was then levitated into the air and surrounded by bright red glowing shards.

"Also the spark did work, a different kind of spark, the spark of friendship," said Twilight.

Twilight herself was levitated into the air and surrounded by magenta glowing shards.

"Go, Team Harmony!" Spike said.

"You know what?" said Rarity, "That is a good team name,"

The rest of the group cheered in agreement. The group then got enveloped in a multi colored glow. When the glowing died down the group was covered in golden armor and in the middle were their respective elements; Honesty, Kindness, Generosity, Laughter, Loyalty, Courage, and Magic.

"No way, the elements were destroyed!" snapped Nightmare Moon.

"You can never destroy harmony..." started Twilight.

Nightmare Moon let out a war cry and the whole area went dark...

Author's Note:

Sorry for the long wait(and the cliffhanger). I got writers block and decided to read some fanfics I haven't gotten around to reading, and now I'm back.