• Published 14th Jun 2017
  • 1,545 Views, 18 Comments

Diamond and the Dragon - tgb089



Diamond Tiara feeling luck out in love and Spike wish to keep the void in his heart. Both will meet and hope to obtain what they long for. Would a certain fashion unicorn come between them?

  • ...
5
 18
 1,545

Chapter 3

Spike had his mini fun at the event and went to his room. He was reading a recent released novel, just minding his own business. Then certainly, Twilight popped out of nowhere with a wide grin on her face. Spike sighed, knowing Twilight was just making wild assumptions between him and ... Diamond Tiara. Twilight and Spike had their shaking head game enough to feel sick.

Before Twilight got any bright ideas, Spike had to put his claw down. "Twilight. Just because I sit down on the same table as her, doesn't mean -"

"I know, I know. It doesn't mean you like her, buuuut... You can't deny you don't have an interest." Twilight's eyes sparkled. Spike can only wept, Twilight was gaining too much interest in this. "You need to ask her out on a date," she said.

"No." Spike growled a little afterwards.
"Sorry, I already sent a invitation!" As she quickly appeared, she disappeared.

Spike was left dumbstruck and let out a groan.


Diamond was currently in her father's old study room in the mansion which was now hers. When Diamond took over, she moved the desk with it's back facing the arch window. So she can enjoy the scenery outside.

Diamond had received a letter from Twilight when she left last night. It brought a lot of anxiety in her. Was it a letter of how she poorly displayed herself? Punishment? A court order?! She buckled up and decided to read the letter.

It was an invite to the Grand Galloping Gala as Spike's date!

She can't fathom why in all Equestria would he chose her, the one who threw food at him!
Is this really from him? Diamond began to become skeptical. She looked around the letter and envelope. There were no specific symbols, wax seal stamps, or from so and so. The letter was on her desk when she came in the room this morning.

What was he thinking? Or her highness? Diamond opened the top draw of her desk and pulled a mirror with a silver frame and handle. She looked at herself in the mirror and flipped her mane. Her mane was as long enough to cover her neck. The ends of her mane had a bit of a curl. Her signature look was a tiara upon her head. Over the years, Diamond built a small collection of tiaras of various designs, materials, and designers.

Diamond took a good look at herself and wonder what he saw in her? She turned her head side to side, lifted her chin, and touched her mane. Diamond shook her head wondering why was she unconsciously checking herself.

Whether this is from Spike or the princess, I must decline. Diamond sighed. Maybe I should take a break from the dating scene and stay single.


Later the next day, Diamond was able to meet Spike. They were currently sitting at the patio of a local cafe. Diamond slid the letter towards Spike and asked, "Is this personally from you?"

Spike looked at the letter like it was the bane of his existence and then stared back at Diamond. He flatted out said, "No. It's from Twilight."

"Right." Diamond shook her head. "What was her highness thinking?" Diamond lifted her cup and drank her lemon ice tea.

"She thinks we had a 'moment.' And wanted us to get together as she said" Spike picked up a muffin and ate it. That was pretty much it. The reason they're there was to get away from Twilight and Spike was glad that a misunderstanding was cleared about the invitation.

Since they were out here, Spike wouldn't mind to strike a conservation with Diamond to waste some time. She did said she was paying from the drinks and food. "So, I been curious. Why you were yelling at that guy?"

"Huh?" Diamond tapped her head trying to remember. "Oh. He was just annoying. Asking all sorts of questions - personal ones. I'm surprised the other mare didn't yelled at him. So, I gave him a good talk down on how to be a gentlecolt! Hmph!" Diamond continued her rant on not just this stallion but also previous stallions she had been acquainted.

Spike nodded his head amusingly. She definitely had a strong back-bone when speaking up her mind. But there's one question in his mind that Spike was curious about. "So. Tell me. Why did show up at single's night? From what I could remember about you, you wouldn't be got dead to be in one those things. And you seem more..." Spike cleared his throat before saying, "Angry."

Diamond rolled her eyes and remind her herself to not throw a fit. I'm in public. Don't make a scene. Stay calm and collected.

"Just a string of bad relationships. End of story." Short and simple answer. Diamond didn't want to go into gritty details of her personal love life. Spike wanted to know more but that's just poking the hornet's nest. So Spike decided to change the topic to mundane things like the weather, recent events, and festivals.

After what seems to be hours, the sun was gradually setting. Spike was only asking questions and Diamond happily talked away.

The owner of the cafe wanted to close shop but wasn't confident to tell the richest mare in town or a dragon to go home. Once Spike noticed it was getting dark and the anxious look on the owner's face, Spike used his tail to poke Diamond.

It got her attention after chugging ice tea for her dried throat. Spike pointed at the setting sun, signaling her that it's time to go home. "Oh." Diamond apologized to the owner and paid for the drinks and snacks.

"Sorry Spike. You must have other things to do then hearing me ramble." Diamond said in an apologetic voice.

"It's alright. I'm a very good listener. I should thank you for spending time with me." Spike gave a little chuckle.

The moon soon shone its light upon the town. There were a handful of dimmed lights from houses and some bustle from bars and restaurants. They quietly strolled through the town towards Diamond's mansion. Spike was away for some years and just recently returned. There was definitely more night-life, the town grew bigger, and a handful of different species taken resident here.

Walking through the streets brought nostalgia and sorrow. Spike was walking on memory lane, slowing down their pace back to Diamond's home. Diamond saw Spike reminiscing by taking in the scenery and took a good look around too. She stated, "Time change things, huh. When you step back and realize everything is so different. Sometimes you can't help to feel out of it."

"..." Spike nodded his head and continued taking a quiet stroll to their destination.

"Well, here's my stop. Thanks Spike for walking me here." Diamond was about to closed the gate behind her but then Spike decided to speak up. "Wait."

Diamond stopped and raised an eyebrow.

Spike scratched the back of his head and aimlessly looked around. While his time with Diamond was brief, he saw her in a different light from what he remembered about her in the past. After today he wanted to see her again. The Grand Galloping Gala was a no-go, it was too ritzy for his taste. Plus, he didn't see her in a romantic light but someone he can get along with. Spike took a deep breathe and stared at her, "If possible, lets meet again."

Diamond blinked twice and responded,"Meet again? Like a date?" Diamond really can't believed what her ears were hearing.

Spike quickly replied: "No, no. I meant hanging out. Go eat out, go to events, junk like that. But as friends." Spike didn't want any misunderstanding. "I want to ... just spend some time with you." He really didn't know how to expressed it in another way. It wasn't a lie, but if anybody as was listening, it would be misunderstood.

To Diamond, it definitely sounded like a date but it seems Spike wanted their relationship to be platonic? Both individuals can't helped but find themselves in a delicate, awkward situation.

After a few minutes of silence, Diamond said nonchalantly, "I don't think it's a problem." She looked down towards the ground and used a hoof to dig a bit into the ground. "Just let me know beforehand when we can meet up, so I can check my schedule. I am a busy mare after all." She closed the gate behind her and left these parting words: " See you later Spike." Then she walked towards her mansion.

A maid came by to greet her employer and saw her leaning against the door: "Welcome home, Miss Tiara. Did something good happened?" The maid smiled at Diamond's dazed look and flushed cheeks. She witnessed what happened from the window. She didn't hear what they were talking about but it seemed to be positive.

Diamond slowly sank down to the floor and said, "I don't know. Is it?"