• Published 14th Jun 2017
  • 1,544 Views, 18 Comments

Diamond and the Dragon - tgb089



Diamond Tiara feeling luck out in love and Spike wish to keep the void in his heart. Both will meet and hope to obtain what they long for. Would a certain fashion unicorn come between them?

  • ...
5
 18
 1,544

Chapter 1

It was another humid, quiet night in Ponyville. Except, a pony with a tiara was not particular happy. Who goes by the name, Diamond Tiara. At the home of the Apples in Sweet Apple Acres, Diamond Tiara was sulking and ranting towards Apple Bloom.

“Can you believe it Apple Bloom! That nerve of him standing up on our date and leaving a note to break up!? He doesn’t have the guts to say it front of my face! Then accuse me for the reason for the break up! Gah!” She was venting and acting hysterical towards Apple Bloom. Apple Bloom had an unsteady smile.

“Move on Diamond Tiara. Ah sure he was uh… intimidated.”

“Intimated? By me? What!” Diamond glared at Apple Bloom. Apple Bloom returned a stern stare back on Diamond.

“Well, first ya really pressuring the poor guy on being yer coltfriend. Telling him what to do and always expecting a compliment. And every time he doesn’t do what ya expected, ya blow in his face! Ah surprised he ran out of town! An’ this is yer fifth coltfriend!”

Apple Bloom didn’t tried to hold back and just laid down cold hard truth.
Was I that demanding? And I frighten him out of town! Diamond shouted internally.

Diamond’s red face was slowly turning back to her usual pink. She bitten her lower lip and lowered her head in contemplation. Realizing that Diamond was having a moment of self-reflection, Apple Bloom walked towards her and put a hoof on her shoulder with a worrying expression. She sat Diamond back down to the sofa.

“Ah been noticing that ya eyeing stallions like a timber wolf stalking little critters from the shadow. Are ya okay? Is getting a coltfriend a big deal?” Apple Bloom tried to comfort her and wanted to get to the bottom of this.

They been friends for almost a decade since they reconciled back in grade school. Overtime they became good friends with a few bumps on the road.

Overtime, Diamond was left with supervising the trade emporium and distribution center in Ponyville, when both her parents left for Manehatten for other business opportunities. Just left her a big mansion and responsibilities of the business in Ponyville.

Diamond sighed. She wasn't the most eager pony to expose herself, but in front of her long-time friend, she needed to get something out her chest. Diamond looked around the room to make sure that there are no eavesdroppers and spoke in a whisper.

“Well, everyone is getting paired up!” Well, as a whisper can be.

Apple Bloom took a step back putting her hooves to her ears.

“Excuse me?”

“Everyone got a special pony in their life, you too. Even Snips and Snails got a marefriend. Snips and Snails! Can you believe it? Then Silver Spoon got married and moved to Canterlot. I’m just feeling… left out.”

Diamond’s ears drooped, spread her back on the sofa, and laid her head on the arm of the sofa. "It's just been a teeny-bit frustrating."

Apple Bloom sat down back to her chair opposite of the sofa and be honest with her opinion. “Look Diamond, findin’ “the one” takes time. Ah didn’t realize my feelings for Pipsqueak till many years. We maybe marefriend and coltfriend now, but ah wouldn’t know how long it will last. Relationships is a give n’ take. Ya don’t demand love, ya have to feel it here.”

Applebloom places her hoof over her chest where heart supposed to be.

Diamond gave another sigh like this is the most cliché thing she heard. But she had read many conversations like this from romance novels she been reading. Cliché as it was, Apple Bloom did have a point. Her usual aggressive tactics were not getting anywhere.

“Then what do I do now? Wait a month, a year, a decade for that special pony to make my heart explode or whatever? I’m not getting younger Apple Bloom.” Said Diamond, giving Apple Bloom a pleading look for answers.

“Pffft! Ya not exactly old either Diamond. Ya still young n’ hot stuff.” Diamond blushed by such a comment.

“When ya meet that special somepony, ya know it. Maybe it some pony ya already know but haven’t felt that kind of feeling for them yet. It may take time. Don’t be like me being desperate for my cutie mark back then. Ya know how those turn out, hehe.

Buuuut… If ya really feel desperate, ah think ya should try this.”

Diamond gave a quizzical look before Apple Bloom reach over to drawer to get a piece of paper and flashed it in front of Diamond’s face.

Ponyville’s Singles Night
Chat with bachelors and bachelorettes in the friendliest place in Equestria.
Location: Princess Twilight Sparkle’s Crystal Tree of Harmony
Time: Friday, 8 PM

Endorsed By:
Princess Twilight Sparkle and the Friendship Council

Diamond read it over and over to make sure it wasn’t a ruse.

“It’s real. Ah got it from my sister an’ she is also going as well.”

“Do you think I’m so desperate that I need to attend to a loners’ get together?”

“Woah woah woah. My sister is also a loner and it’s probably be a good thing for her too. To ya as well. What the worst can happen?” Apple Bloom shrugged.

Diamond grimaced at the thought at meeting other loners or admit herself as one as well.

Seeing Diamond on the fence with this opportunity, Apple Bloom said, “Just sleep on it. Ya got three days to think about it.”

Diamond just nodded her head, then Apple Bloom gave her a hug and walk her out of her house.

While Diamond making her way back home. She looked up at Luna’s moon and stars and replayed in her mind on what Apple Bloom said, over and over.

Diamond hadn't been lucky with the stallions she picked lately and she doesn’t have romantic or physical attractions for the mares. At least not a mare she knows that gave off that feeling.

I’m not ugly, I know that. I might be a bit pushy, sure. I’m rich but I don’t want someone to be with me for that. But why I’m not getting nowhere?

“Love is stupid!” Diamond yelled to no one in the night.

Diamond finally reached her residence. She went through the large golden gate and walk through the lavish, white doors. It was very silent and lack of warmth in this huge mansion. She was a grown mare now and she can take care of herself - except for cooking and cleaning. Those were the jobs for the maids.

Since it’s late, everyone was asleep. Diamond went straight towards her room and face planted on her pillow, on her king size bed.

“Should I give up?” Said Diamond with her face still in the pillow.

Only silence replied to her. No one to comfort her or share warmth with. Only silence and coldness that were left.

Diamond dragged a blanket over herself and hug her pillow. She turned her head to look outside the window. Just staring at the night’s sky.


In a crystal tree castle on the same night, there was another lonely soul.

“This will be perfect! I been planning this for a whole month since you got back Spike.”

Twilight, Starlight Glimmer, and Pinkie Pie were decorating the ballroom in the crystal castle to prepare the singles’ night event. Setting up tables, chairs, and stage.

“Twilight, this is unnecessary. I don’t need a special somepony or whatever. I just came back and just want to spend time with friends and family.” Spike spoke with anxiety in his voice.

Why did I tell Twilight I wish I have a marefriend! It was a joke! Spike was internally agonizing with how this resulted in the Twilight trying to act as a love matchmaker.

“This will help a lot of ponies! There are a lot of single ponies out there from this year’s consensus. So liven up.”

“Yeah! Yeah! Liven up Spike! This party will be a blast!” Said Pinkie. Who is hopping around throwing streamers and balloons.

Spike placed his claw over his eyes groaning. What can he do?

Nothing. The dice had been cast and Spike can only endure until that day past.

Spike let the girls do their thing and left quietly into his new room with a higher ceiling than his old room. He no longer had his stubby legs and tiny body. He grew up to look more like a full-fledged dragon. Standing on his four limbs and his neck stretch to its limit, he can be as tall as 25 ft.

Who would love a full grown dragon? Who knows how far he would grow in the future? Right, the future. How old would he be to outlive his love ones?

Spike opened the large window of his room and place his head on the window sill.

He only got his heart broken once. He didn't want to go through that again. Plus, if he didn’t go, Twilight and Pinky will bothered him to no end. He can only hope that no one spark an interest in him and let the day past.