• Published 14th Jun 2017
  • 1,537 Views, 18 Comments

Diamond and the Dragon - tgb089



Diamond Tiara feeling luck out in love and Spike wish to keep the void in his heart. Both will meet and hope to obtain what they long for. Would a certain fashion unicorn come between them?

  • ...
5
 18
 1,537

Chapter 4

The winter had came as scheduled by the weather ponies. Winters were short in Equestria and Hearth's Warming was just around the corner. Spike didn't want to stay for the festivities. So, Spike invited Diamond Tiara to tropical trip to Jawai Island. A very popular tourist spot for all species: warm weather all year round, beautifully beaches, hot springs, and splendid local cuisine. Not only that, Silver Spoon and her husband will be there as well.

What perfect timing! Thought Diamond Tiara. She hadn't been in contact with Silver for months except for some letter exchanges.

Diamond got to Jawai Island by way of her flying dragon friend. They flew to a hotel called Goi's Resort, right by the shore. The lobby was no issue for Spike to fit in and both Diamond and Spike checked in. Spike wasn't lodged into one of the rooms in the resort, not even the biggest room they had to offer can accommodate. The resort had built a series of dome-shaped structures with it own facilities by the side of an extinct volcano, only 10 miles from the resort to accommodate beings of large sizes. As Spike was leaving to settle down in his dome and see what's it like, a couple of ponies came in.

"Diamond!" A certain grey pony ran and tackled Diamond, squeezing her tight. The grey mare lightly kissed both of Diamond's cheek and took a few steps back to give Diamond some breathing room.

"Silver! Wow, look at you." Silver giggled and thanked her. Silver still had her signature style braided mane, except longer, and wore a red, slender, rectangle glasses.

After a brief moment of silence and as if their eyes were signaling each other, they initiated their childhood hoofshake.

""BUMP! BUMP! SUGAR LUMP! RUMP!""

It ended with their buttocks slamming each other, giving a few stallions a little show and red faces. They both hugged each other with more closeness and warmth spread throughout their bodies.

*Cough* *Cough*

The sound caused the duo to finally let go of each other. Diamond turned her head towards Silver’s husband of two years, Navy Bloom.

He was a handsome unicorn with his slim, tall build and long, smooth mane. With turquoise fur and wavy, deep blue mane, he was like the representation of a reef itself. Prestige, nobility, wealth, he was heavily desired by mares of the inner circles of Canterlot. But at the end, he was married to Silver due to prior marriage arrangement between Navy and Silver's family.

Diamond can feel Navy’s eyes examining her like display piece. Which gave her spine a tingle. As much as Navy Bloom presented himself as a gentlecolt, Diamond can feel it was nothing more than a facade. Or was she bias? As long Silver wasn’t hurt, she wouldn’t press the matter.

Diamond shook away her inner doubts and with social grace, Diamond greeted Navy. “Navy Bloom, it have been so long. Let’s have a pleasant vacation together.” Diamond lifted her right hoof and Navy kissed it.

“Yes, quite. I hope we get together a lot.” Navy replied with a smile.

“Haha… Yes.” Diamond turned towards Silver. “Well, I have to be one my way and unpack my luggage. Let’s meet for dinner.”

“Great idea. Let’s get together and eat.” Silver gave Diamond a final hug, and both her and Navy Bloom continued on their way to check in.


Diamond entered inside her luxury suite and planted herself on a queen size bed. She slowly glanced outside through the glass sliding doors. She felt she needed fresh air.

She got off her bed and entered the balcony. A beautiful view of the beach with white sand, a pier, and the other visitors on the ground. The salty air entered her nostril and a cool breeze flowed through her fur and mane.

A sigh of relief escaped her mouth. This is what I need. She rested her fore legs on the rail and placed her head on them. The sunlight enveloped her body, giving her warmth.

Then a purple blob flew from a mountain not too far off. As it got closer, she recognized it was Spike. Closer and closer, he landed by the water. The beach was their meeting spot.

With a smile, Diamond stretched her back and trotted outside of her suite and - *CLASH*
There were only two rooms on this floor. The noise came from the other room, opposite of hers. Then she heard yelling.

It wasn't her problem, so she continued on her way for the elevator.

"NAVY! You think I didn't see you flirting with other mares!?"

Diamond's ears perked up. That was Silver's voice, this was not something she can't avoid. She placed her ear on the wall.

What is going on? Diamond thought.

"Don't act like you're innocent too! Admit it!" Yelled back by Navy.

Minute by minute, Diamond was listening to their argument. Her mouth was slowly opening as the heated argument grew wild. Accusations, insults, threats. Diamond felt devastated, this was the most ferocious quarrel she heard in her life, and it was coming from her best friend.

After the fighting ended, Diamond got on the elevator and sprinted out of the resort towards the beach, towards Spike.

With Spike within view, she screamed out his name. "Spike! Spike! Spike!"

Spike turned his head and narrowed his eyes. Diamond was in distress, so he ran towards her. "Whoa, whoa! Catch your breathe and tell me what happen?"

"Silver... *Huff* Navy... *Huff* They..." Diamond collapsed on the sand and laid on her back. Her chest was rising and falling rapidly.

Spike waited for her to catch her breathe. "Silver Spoon and her husband. What about them?"

"They're getting a divorce!"

Spike's eyes almost popped out. "Wait! What? Ain't they a famous couple in Canterlot?"

"Yes, but. I hope they get a divorce! I will convince Silver to do it!" Diamond got back on her hooves and began marching towards the resort.

Spike slithered his tail and wrapped it around Diamond's torso. "Hey! Let go!" Diamond complained.

"Calm down! Don't leave me out in the dark." Spike lifted her up and began walking towards the pier. Once he reached the end, he placed Diamond in a gazebo and tried to position his body around it. He wasn't gonna to let Diamond escape without explaining after what just happened.

After Diamond cooled down and saw that he wouldn't let her go, she told about her eavesdropping and the fighting. She stopped herself before saying anything more. There were some private matters pertaining to Silver that didn't need to be disclosed to outsiders. Well, she was no different, but Silver was her best friend, even to say a sister.

"And you came to me for?" Spike asked, taking Diamond out from her cloudy mind.

Diamond blinked and thought, Why did I came to see him? She stared at Spike's worrying expression. She was hoping to find an answer on his face but...

She turned her head towards the sea and responded, "Well, I can't burst into Silver's room, right? Besides, we suppose to meet at the beach first thing. Maybe, I didn't want to leave you hanging before getting into Silver's business." At least, that's how she rationalized it.

Spike chuckled. "Thank you for thinking of me and now we met." Spike then cleared his throat. "Are you really gonna try to convince Silver Spoon to divorce her husband?" Spike was still baffled. Diamond must had learned something from her eavesdropping to go this far.

"Well, that's the plan."

Spike closed his eyes and began thinking. I really shouldn't get involved. Should I stop Diamond Tiara? Maybe it's just a normal couple's spat?

...

Diamond began poking the side of the silent Spike. "Hey. Earth to Spike? Stop entering into your own world and open your eyes you big goof."

"I'm listening, " Spike nodded. After gathering his thoughts, he asked, "Are you sure you want to go through this? Breaking up a couple, especially a famous, wealthy one, will bring ... ramifications. This could affect Silver Spoon's life."

Diamond became silent for a moment, before finally saying, "Yes. Are planning to stop me?" Diamond sent a glare towards Spike.

"How can a stop a cannonball like you?" Spike lifted his body and moved away from the gazebo.

Diamond began walking back and stopped a few feet away. "Um... Sorry, I know it's a vacation for us to hang out but -"

"No worries. You have a friend to think about, right? I'm sure Silver Spoon would love to have you by her side for whatever she's going through." Spike smiled.

Diamond felt relieved and began to sprint. "I will make it up to you!" Diamond yelled back.

As she was going further and further away from Spike's view, he dropped his body onto the pier. It caused the whole structure to shake and made groaning noises.

Spike blew green fire and popped a list. A list of activities and schedules of various events taking place at the resort and tourist attractions.

"I guess it's only me now."