• Published 13th Jun 2017
  • 984 Views, 23 Comments

Sugar and the Mac - grl6p



A baking unicorn mare. A handsome stallion turned into a hideous beast from an evil curse. A love story that will change everything.

  • ...
7
 23
 984

Feather Bang's Failed Proposal/Sugar Belle (reprise)

The next day, back in the village, Feather Bangs and his friends were hiding in a bush behind Sugar Belle's house.

Feather Bangs had taken the time to dress in a fancy tuxedo jacket that his mother had bought him and put his friends in groomsmen suit jackets.

"I am so excited! Today is the I propose to Sugar Belle and we tie the knot! I even got her a wedding dress, shoes, and a veil from Canterlot Boutique! And the finest flowers in Equestria."

"Sugar Belle will never know what hit her!" Boombox said excitedly.

"Now let's go get the backyard ready." Feather Bangs led his friends out of the bush.

In just 12 hours, Feather Bangs had set up a wedding venue in Sugar Belle's lawn with a priest, decorations, champagne, a wedding cake, and a sound-surround stereo system for Boombox to blast a dubstep remix of 'Here Comes the Bride' and lots of EDM for the reception. All of Feather Bangs's guests had already arrived and were setting up the wedding.

Feather Bangs came onto the scene and cleared his throat, "Thank you all so much for coming to my wedding ceremony and reception. Before I can get started, I have to go inside and propose to Sugar Belle."

At the champagne table, Fond Feather, Swoon Song, and Dear Darling were drinking some of the champagne and crying because their biggest fan was getting married to someone else.

"Noooooo!!!!!! Feather Bangs is marrying somepony else!" bawled Fond Feather.

"WWWWHHHHHYYYYYYY?????!!!!!!" Dear Darling cried as she blew her nose on the tablecloth.

"I wanted to marry Feather Bangs! Now thanks to Sugar Belle, I'm gonna die all alone!!!!" wailed Swoon Song.

The three groupies continued to cry and indulge in champagne as guests awkwardly stared at them.

Feather Bangs pointed to Boombox, "Okay dude," he said, "Do you remember what to do as I walk out that door with Sugar Belle?"

Boombox nodded, "You got it! I start up the music and the party!"

https://m.

Feather Bangs turned off the stereo, "Don't play it yet you idiot! Wait until I'm ready with Sugar Belle!"

"Sorry."

Inside, Sugar Belle was in her kitchen taking a freshly baked cherry pie out of the oven when she heard Feather Bangs banging on the door.

"Feather Bangs," Sugar Belle groaned as she stormed from the kitchen to the front door, "Grandpa said you're not allowed at our house anymore! Go away!"

But Feather Bangs let himself in anyway.

"Sugar Belle, baby, aren't you happy to see me?"

"No. I'd be happy if you left and don't call me baby."

Feather Bangs ignored her, "You know. There's no other mare in this whole that wouldn't kill to be in your position right now. Today, I'm going to make all of your dreams come true. Let's sit down in your living room in chat."

Sugar Belle led Feather into the living room and sat him down on a chair, "I really doubt that you know all of my hopes and dreams."

Feather Bangs pulled Sugar Belle into a side hug, "Babe, imagine this. A ritzy penthouse in Manehattan, I'm going to be a big musician and my music will be playing on radio stations all over Equestria, I'll have a beautiful wife to cook for and pamper me, and the foals will play on the floor with our dogs."

He got close to Sugar Belle, "We'll have 6."

Sugar Belle was confused, "Six dogs?"

"No Sugar Belle, handsome colts with shaggy hair and beautiful singing voices like me."

"What are you trying to say?"

Feather Bangs got down on one knee and held out a shiny diamond ring, "Sugar Belle, I want you to make me the happiest stallion in the world. Will you marry me?"

Sugar Belle's look of disgust turned into a look of anger, "No way!"

"Yes! I'd knew you accept- WHAT?! No?"

"Why should I say yes to you?" Sugar Belle retorted.

Feather Bangs nervously pulled a picture out of his tuxedo pocket. It was a photograph of Applejack in a tattered cowgirl hat and rags carrying a hobo bindle and selling apples to customers on a busy street.

"You need me Sugar Belle, Gingersnap won't be around forever and I need someone to be my wife, caretaker, and mother to our foals. Mares who refuse to tie the knot end up in bad positions. Take this Applejack for instance. According to the magazine I got her picture from, she lost her parents at 12, was torn from her siblings, and moved in with her aunt and uncle in Manehattan. They tried to mold her into an upper-class pony and planned to marry her off when she was old enough, but she refused. So she ran away and has been living on the streets since. She has been going from to city where Applejack has been selling apples and giving psychic readings to scrape out a living for herself. But lately she's been so desperate, she turned to magic to- HEY! Put me down!"

Sugar Belle interrupted the story and levitated Feather Bangs's tail and led him to the door, "I'm sorry Feather Bangs but you're just not my type, I don't deserve a husband who doesn't think I can survive on my own. There are plenty of unmarried mares out there who lead very successful lives."

"Oh yeah, name one." challenged Feather Bangs.

"Mane Austen, Cloperah Winny, and Lousia Neigh Foalcott."

Feather Bangs didn't listen to her, "But baby I-"

Sugar Belle ignored him and continued, "Also, most successful celebponies who do end up getting married have husbands who support them in their fields of interest and will sometimes help them out. I want a pony will love me for who I am and will understand my dream to be a successful baker. I'm not your little maid and nanny, I want to be successful and not be put down by you. So my answer is 'no', I won't be your bride. But we can still be friends."

She used her magic to launch Feather Bangs out of the house and into the wedding cake.

Everypony, including Feather's groupies, started laughing at the sight.

Boombox turned on the techno music and began dancing.

"And take your wedding dress with with you!" Sugar Belle shouted as she flung her potential wedding clothes out onto the grass outside.

Freestyle pulled his friend out of the cake, "So, how'd it go? Did she say yes?"

An angry Feather Bangs grabbed Freestyle by the tail, and did the same thing to Dropped Beat and Boombox.

He turned off the music and yelled, "EVERYPONY OUT NOW! AND TAKE DOWN THE WEDDING DECORATIONS TOO!"

All of the guests piled out, taking part of the wedding with them.

"Are you okay dude?" Dropped Beat asked Feather Bangs.

Feather Bangs, now with his face red and covered in frosting, growled, "I'll have Sugar Belle marry me whether she wants it or not! Make no mistake about that!" He stormed home to take a shower.

Boombox, Freestyle, and Dropped Beat looked at each other.

"He must have taken that rejection pretty hard." said Freestyle.

"When Feather Bangs is all calm, let's take him to Flip's to get his mind off of things." Boombox suggested.

"Great idea."

The three friends left the property taking the last remaining bits of the wedding cake with them.

When all of the guests were gone and the backyard was empty, Sugar Belle stepped outside.

"Me? Marry Feather Bang? Over my dead body! I can't imagine being married to some shaggy haired, airheaded showoff!

Ms. Sugar Bangs, I can't accept this!
Ms. Sugar Bangs, I'm not his wife!

No way! Not me!
I'll never do this!

I want much more than this old village life!
I'll

She ran up to a grassy area behind her house looking over a meadow and continued singing:

I want to go out in this great world somewhere!
I crave it more than anything!

And for once it would be grand
if my friends could understand

I want so much more that what's been planned.

Sugar Belle blew on a dandelion and watched the remnants blow into the air.

"I'm going inside to call Double Diamond and tell him I won't make it to the lake today. This last hour's been crazy and I need time to myself."

She then sighed and went back into her house.

About a half a hour later, there was another knocks at the door.

"Huh? I hope it's not Feather Bangs again."

Sugar Belle opened the door to find not Feather Bangs, but three young fillies, a yellow earth pony with a pink bow in her mane, a white unicorn with a lavender mane, and an orange pegasus with a magenta mane. They had similar looking cutie marks and were wearing filly guide uniforms and the pegasus was dragging a wagon

"Hi there." the little earth pony said, "I'm Applebloom and these are my best friends and adoptive sisters Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo. We're here selling these filly guide desserts we found in the woods. Would you like to buy one? We have sugar cookies, chocolate flour cake, and coconut cream pie."

Sugar Belle gasped and looked at the wagon, "Wait? Did you say that you found these desserts in the woods?"

"Yes we did." Scootaloo said while scratching her mane, "We found them by some empty cart along with this scarf."

Sugar Belle gasped, "Oh my Celestia! Gingersnap must not have made it to Canterlot! Something really bad must have happened! Can you girls lead me to where he went?"

"Sure." said Sweetie Belle, "We'd be more than willing to help you. Scootaloo can ride us there on her scooter. And you can ride with us on skis."

Scootaloo got into her scooter and the other 3 put on helmets and safety gear and put their backhooves into their skis.

"Let's hurry!" cried Sugar Belle, "We have to save my grandpa!"

At those words, the scooter took off and they rode off into the distance.

Author's Note:

It's off to the castle!

And know you know the CMC will fit in to the story.

Also unmarried females referenced were Jane Austen, Oprah, and Louisa May Alcott.