• Published 13th Jun 2017
  • 983 Views, 23 Comments

Sugar and the Mac - grl6p



A baking unicorn mare. A handsome stallion turned into a hideous beast from an evil curse. A love story that will change everything.

  • ...
7
 23
 983

Sugar Belle Arrives at the Castle/Taking Gingersnap's Place

Scootaloo was riding Sugar Belle and the other CMC on her scooter through the forest.

"So how did you guys meet?" Sugar Belle asked Applebloom.

"It all began when I came to the Ponyville Orphanage as a baby when my Ma and Pa died." said Applebloom, "I always thought that they had went on a lengthy vacation and were stuck there but I ended finding out the truth when I was 3."

"I'm so sorry about your parents dying, I lost mine when I was two and I've been living with my grandfather Gingersnap ever since then." said Sugar Belle.

"Then, I was moved into a foster home with other fillies shortly after my 5th birthday. That's where I met Scoots and Sweetie Belle. Scootaloo's mom had her pretty young and put her up for adoption. Sweetie Belle wasn't an orphan, she just frequently visited there when she volunteered with her family."

Sweetie Belle added, "When I first met the them, I told my older sister Rarity all about them and that I wanted to take them home with me. It took a lot of begging because she was unsure. So we decided to talk to our parents about it and they thought that this was a great idea having two new additions to the family."

"So Applebloom and I got adopted that's how the three of us came to be." said Applebloom with a big smile on her face.

"Well that was a wonderful story." Sugar Belle said. "I'm so happy you three found each other and are very good friends."

The girls nodded and suddenly everyone was knocked down when Scootaloo pulled up to the castle entrance.

"This is strange." said Sweetie Belle, "I didn't know that there was a castle here."

"Neither did I sweets, I don't even know who lives here."

"But is where Grandpa is being held. I have to go in and get him." Sugar Belle said as she removed her helmet and safety gear, "Thank you so much for the ride and you can keep the treats."

"Thank you!" The scooter took off and Sugar Belle waved goodbye to them.

Sugar Belle then opened the door and looked inside the castle.

"Grandpa? Are you here?"

Meanwhile, Clockwork and Flamethrower were arguing.

"You just had to let that old colt in here. You had to have Sweet Cream feed him and let him sit in the master's chair and now he's in the dungeon all thanks to your idiocy!" Clockwork complained to Flamethrower.

"But the unicorn was lost! I just wanted to be nice!" Flamethrower said back.

They both stopped when they saw Sugar Belle, "Hello? Is anypony here? I'm looking for my grandpa, have you seen him?"

In a little corner, Drizzle noticed Sugar Belle and hopped over to Sweet Cream, "Mommy, there's a mare in our castle. She's very pretty!"

Sweet Cream wasn't buying it, "Drizzle, you're too old to be making up these kinds of stories."

"But mommy, I saw her. She's a pink unicorn and she just walked through the door, ask anyone!"

"I still don't believe it."

A feather duster named Clean Sweep hopped over excitedly, "Sweet Cream, Drizzle, there's a mare in the castle!"

"See mommy? I told you!" Drizzle said as he hopped around excitedly.

Even Clockwork and Flamethrower noticed Sugar Belle.

"Celestia no! Not another visitor!" Clockwork groaned as he face palmed.

"But Clockwork. This is a mare! She's the one who could finally break the spell! I'm going over to her."

He hopped away as Clockwork sighed. "This won't end well, I just know it."

Sugar Belle was still walking and calling for Gingersnap when Flamethrower stopped in her tracks.

"Bonjour mon chèri, my name is Flamethrower."

Sugar Belle was confused, "You're a talking candle."

"It's a long story." said Flamethrower, "But if you follow me, I'll lead you to your grandfather."

"Thank you so much." replied Sugar Belle. She levitated Flamethrower and he led her all the way to the castle dungeon.

As soon as she saw Gingersnap in his cell, Sugar Belle dropped Flamethrower and ran up to the door.

"Grandpa! Are you okay?"

"Sugar Belle, you have to get out of here! It isn't safe!"

Sugar Belle felt Gingersnap's hooves, "Your hooves are cold. Who locked you up in here?"

Gingersnap was about to speak when Beast Mac roared.

"Who are you? I want to see you in the light."

Beast Mac came out of the shadows and into the light, causing Sugar Belle to gasp at his appearance.

"I am Beast Mac, the master of this castle. Who are you and what are you doing here?!"

"My name's Sugar Belle and I'm here for my grandfather. Please let him out."

"No!" barked Beast Mac.

Sugar Belle got onto her knees, "Please you have to let him out! He could catch his death of a cold in here."

"Well it's his fault for trespassing in my castle! He will stay here forever in the dungeon and there's nothing you can do about it."

"But maybe there is," said Sugar Belle, "Let me take his place. Please. If I do will you release Gingersnap for me?"

Beast Mac was confused, "You would actually do that for him?"

Gingersnap shook the bars, "Sugar Belle, what are you doing?!"

"Saving your life."

"Alright, but only on one condition. If you're going to take your father's place, you have to promise to stay here forever." said Beast Mac.

Sugar Belle gasped and Gingersnap ran out of the cage to protect his granddaughter, "Sugar Belle, no! Don't do this! I can't lose you like I lost your grandmother and your parents!"

"I'll be okay, take care of the bakery and tell my friends and Dough Mixer that I'll miss them." Sugar Belle said before she turned towards Beast Mac.

"You have my word."

"Good." Beast Mac grabbed Gingersnap and dragged him out of the castle.

"Wait!" Sugar Belle called, “I want to say goodbye to him! Come back!”

At the entrance, Beast Mac placed Gingersnap in a carriage cart that walked on wooden planks like a spider.

"Take Gingersnap back to his home."

As the carriage went off, Gingersnap yelled, "No! Sugar Belle!"

Beast Mac went back inside to be alive but Flamethrower hopped in front of him.

"Master, since we have a new permanent guest in the castle, you should probably give her a comfortable room to stay in so she doesn't have to sleep in the cold dungeon."

Beast Mac growled at him. "Why should I do that after her grandfather showed up without permission?"

Flamethrower trembled away, "It will be a good way for you to make her feel welcome and potentially break the curse."

Beast Mac pushed him aside, "Fine. I'll go get her right now."