• Published 13th Jun 2017
  • 984 Views, 23 Comments

Sugar and the Mac - grl6p



A baking unicorn mare. A handsome stallion turned into a hideous beast from an evil curse. A love story that will change everything.

  • ...
7
 23
 984

The Party/The Enchantress's Curse

Thanks to Pearly Gems and Garnet Fire, Big Macintosh had transformed from a sad, orphaned teenager to a handsome, snobbish stallion.

Tonight would be his twenty first birthday and Garnet Fire and Pearly Gems were throwing him an extravagant party in their family castle, inviting all of their equally snobby and wealthy friends to celebrate their 'little trophy' becoming a grown stallion. However, due to Big Mac's newfound spoiled nature, he was giving everyone a hard time.

"CLOCKWORK!" Big Mac yelled. An earth pony with a light brown coat, a grey mane shaped like an 18th century wig, a red vest, a tan overcoat, and a fancy clock for a cutie mark came running in and kneeled in front of Big Mac.

"What is it master?"

"STAND UP! You look stupid!" Big Mac yelled as Clockwork quickly shot up.

Big Mac showed the suit he was wearing to Clockwork, "I specifically ordered you to get me this suit in Paris green. Instead you screw up and get this in Emerald!"

"But master." Clockwork stammered, "Paris green dye is highly poisonous. We wouldn't want your parents to have a cow if you died on your 21st birthday."

"UGH! Why can't you do anything right? Now I have to wear this ugly suit! Thanks a lot!"

Clockwork followed Big Mac outside his room attempting to apologize, but he shoved him into Flamethrower and went into his makeup parlor, slamming the door.

"Nice going cèrèbrale." Flamethrower grunted as he levitated Clockwork from his body. "Now you've upset the master's son."

"It's not my fault he's throwing a hissy fit over his outfit!" said Clockwork.

"Let it go you two." said a female voice. "I'm sure he'll calm down in time for the party."

The boys turned to see the castle patissier, Sweet Cream. A female unicorn with a light pink coat, and a soft yellow mane in a ponytail. She was wearing a lavender colored dress with a white apron to conceal her cutie mark, which was a little bowl with a whipped topping.

She was also carrying her five year old son, Drizzle, who had a light blue coat with the same colored mane as his mother, a white dress shirt, and a sugar cookie with chocolate drizzles for a cutie mark.

Clockwork sighed, "Did Big Mac give you a hard time too?"

Sweet Cream nodded, "I asked him to test out the dessert I was going to serve for the guests. He took one taste of a cupcake and started to swear in front of me and Drizzle."

"Unbelievable!" Clockwork groaned, "Six years ago, he was a kind and gentle orphan who respected everyone. But the masters turned him into a monster! And he spends his days verbally assaulting us over everything we do. And he gets away with this maltreatment because his of his parents when they're the ones who sucked all of the kindness out of his body like a leech!"

Sweet Cream put her hoof on Clockwork, "Please don't get angry now." she said, "The party's about to start. And we should be happy because the master is finally becoming an adult."

Flamethrower interrupted, "I have to go greet the guests and show them the candle display I made for the birthday colt." He ran downstairs excitedly and the other servants followed him.

Downstairs, the ballroom of the castle was decorated in the finest gold. There were tables with fancy birds, poached fish, roasted potatoes, a salad bar, and a variety of desserts made my Sweet Cream and her assistants.

The guests attending were all of the family's upper class friends and hundreds of eligible bachelorettes hoping to win Big Mac's affection.

The entertainment would be provided by the Canterlot Philharmonic Orchestra, with renowned and award winning Manehattan Bridleway performer and fashion icon Operreta Soul.

All of the guests became quiet when Pearly Gems and Garnet Fire went up in front of everyone at the grand staircase.

"We are proud to present our greatest treasure. Our biggest trophy, Big Macintosh!"

Big Macintosh came down the stairs dressed in his emerald green suit. He wore fancy makeup and his hair was combed down to look neat.

Pearl said, "Six years ago, we adopted this poor stallion after his dear parents passed away and his grandmother, farm, and siblings were torn from him. We turned him from a simple country bumpkin into a noble stallion."

Everyone clapped as Big Mac went to the center of the room. He signaled the orchestra conductor to start the music, and let the party begin.

Soon, everypony was on the dance floor while the orchestra played and Operetta sang along.

As she sang Big Mac danced with several of the bachelorettes.

He was swept into a waltz by a red Pegasus with brown Victorian era curls.

"Hi I'm Ruby Royal and I really want you to marry me."

Big Mac shoved her away. "Too clingy." As the night went on, he ragged the staff about several mistakes, and shoved away mare after mare, having been satisfied by none of them.

A few hours later, Big Mac was on a royal throne while two servant girls fanned him.

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door and the party stopped.

Big Mac was furious at his party being interrupted, "WHO DISTURBS MY BIRTHDAY PARTY?!"

He pushed guests out of the way opened the door. There stood an orange earth pony whose face was concealed by a black cloak and was holding onto an apple in her hoof.

"Excuse me sir?" the mysterious mate asked in a Southern drawl, "Would you please give me shelter from this darkness? I'm a homeless pony and I want to spend the night here."

Big Mac rolled his eyes at the hag.

"Please sir. I will give you an apple."

Big Mac sneered, "I hate apples! Go away you ugly hag!"

He slammed the door in her face and walked away. However, the hag didn't take the rejection very well and suddenly the doors flew wide open, revealing that the hag's ugliness had melted away into a beautiful enchantress with golden hair and a green dress.

Big Mac was shocked and looked hard at the enchantress's beautiful form as if he had somehow seen her somewhere before.

"A-A-Applejack?"

All of the guests, including Garnet and Pearl were horrified and ran out the doors, leaving the castle staff, Operreta, a horrified violinist named String Bow, Big Mac, and the enchantress.

"What I just saw is that your heart is rotten to the core. You have forgotten about those that have loved you. You even turned away your own sister."

Bow String interrupted, "I hate to interrupt, but I'd really like to go home now."

"STAY OUT OF THIS!" Bow String hid under a table.

The Enchantress continued, "This has proven that you have no love in your heart. As punishment, I will use my magic to put a curse on this castle and all who live here."

At the gates, Pearl and Garnet watched as a light shone in their beloved castle.

Inside, Big Mac and the rest of the castle staff were undergoing a horrible transformation. All of the servants turned into common household objects. Big Mac started to develop hair all over his body and began to grow horns on his head.

The enchantress continued, "This Apple I will give you will sprout into an apple tree. You have until the last apple falls to fall in love with someone who will love you for who you are on the inside. Otherwise, this curse will be permanent."

The enchantress disappeared in a puff of smoke as Pearl and Garnet stared at their now cursed castle:

"Um Pearl?" Asked Garnet.

"Yes honey?"

"I think we may have been a little bit too hard on Big Mac."

"Why do you say that?"

"Our plan worked to mold him into an upperclass stallion. It just worked a little too well."

The now Beast Mac roared from the castle and the horrified pair ran off of the estate for their dear lives.

Thanks to the enchantress, Big Mac was a hideous beast. She had also erased everypony's memory and knowledge of the castle so they would never learn what happened.

As for Beast Mac, he shut himself in his castle, not wanting anypony to see him. The only connection he had was an enchanted mirror he had gotten at the Grand Galloping Gala two years ago.

And if he could find somepony to live him and that mare would reciprocate his feelings before the last apple on the tree fell, the curse would be broken. If not, he'd be a beast forever.

As time went by, he began to lose hope.

For what pony could ever love a hideous beast?

Author's Note:

Cèrèbrale=pea brain

Also, yes, Applejack is the enchantress.

I'll get more in depth on that topic later in the story.