• Published 13th Jun 2017
  • 983 Views, 23 Comments

Sugar and the Mac - grl6p



A baking unicorn mare. A handsome stallion turned into a hideous beast from an evil curse. A love story that will change everything.

  • ...
7
 23
 983

Sugar Belle/Encountering Feather Bangs

Five years later,

In a little village not too far from the fallen castle, ponies were getting up to start their daily routines.

In a small house by a grassy hillside, a young unicorn mare named Sugar Belle left her home waving to her grandfather Gingersnap so she can open her bakery for the day.

She began to sing as she walked to her bakery:

What a town
It's a lovely village.
For today and forevermore.

Such a town
and its lovely ponies
Coming out to say

One by one ponies came out of their homes on onto the streets.

Hi there!

Good day!

What's up?

Hi how are you?

Sugar Belle observed the ponies of different ages and jobs.

There's Party Favor with balloons like always.

Fun decorations he will sell.

Everyday is just the same

since the first time that I came

To this little pony town-

"Hi Sugar Belle!" Party Favor called.

Sugar Belle went up to her friend, "Hi Party Favor. Off to sell your party supplies in the market?"

"Sure thing? Off to sell your baked goods?"

"I sure am." said Sugar Belle.

"Alright. You make a mean coconut cream pie-" Party Favor said before he noticed his balloons were floating away.

"My balloons! Come back!"

Sugar Belle waved to her friend as he ran after his balloons. "Thanks Party Favor! Good luck!"

Sugar Belle continued on her way and didn't notice some of the other villagers staring at her:

Look there's that mare I think she's somewhat stuck in
her own little world, I can tell.

She spends all of her free time
Making sweets that cost a dime.

She's really quite a beauty Sugar Belle.

Hello young man. How is your business?

Hello, my friend. How's your good life?

I want some pears. We're out of stock ma'am.

Sugar Belle looked at all of the business in the market:

I wish there was more than this village life!

She went to her stand and put up the open sign.

Sugar Belle's assistant, a unicorn by the name of Dough Mixer, was waiting for Sugar Belle at his desk. He had a light purple coat and a dirty blonde mane. He wore an apron and had a mixing bowl for a cutie mark. He had been hired at the bakery several years earlier and even though he was a good baking assistant, in the past few years he always felt like he was forgetting something.

"Hi Dough Mixer, how are you today?"

"Pretty good," said Dough Mixer, "But everyday I can't help but feeling that I lost something very important in my life. But I don't remember what."

Sugar Belle put her hoof around her assistant, "Well I hope you find it soon, I'll be very happy when you do. Now come on, our first customer's here."

The bell on the front door rang and the town gossip, Juicy Gossip, came up to Sugar Belle at her desk with a magazine.

"Hi Sugar Belle!"

"Hi Juicy. What's the 411?"

She planted a magazine on the desk, "This week's issue of Pony magazine is all about the newest season of the Pony Dating Vacation and which stallion they think Heartsong should end up with! You have to read it!"

Sugar Belle picked up the magazine, "I'll get around to it."

"And I'd also like to buy a bag of your delicious sugar cookies." said Juicy Gossip as she took a bag and put five bits in the pay jar.

"Thank you!"

That Sugar Belle is very kind and gentle
Could she under any spell?

She is really never really dull.
Has a heart strong as a bull.

But sometimes she's quite confusing, Sugar Belle

At her bakery stand as customers kept flocking in, Sugar Belle began singing while reading the magazine Juicy Gossip gave her.

Oh, this is so romantic!
It's my favorite trope I love to see.
She wants her own Prince Charming.
But we never know who that handsome pony will be!

It's no surprise that her last name means Beauty,
She's always looking very well.

But sometimes she's rather shy
and we always wonder why

The most beautiful of all of us.
There never really was a fuss.

The prettiest in our town Sugar Belle!

Suddenly, a voice called, "Make way for Feather Bangs!"

Everypony got out of the way to make room for the town hunk, Feather Bangs and his posse.

Feather Bangs took in the admiration and one of his friends, Dropped Beat, said, "Dude! This whole village loves you!"

"I know!"

"Every mare wants to date you!" exclaimed Boombox, another friend.

"And all the colts want to be you!" added the fourth member of Feather Bangs's man-posse, Freestyle.

"It's true guys," said Feather Bangs, "And I want that mare!" he pointed to Sugar Belle at her shop.

"She's the one. The hottest mare in Equestria. I want to make her my princess!"

"Are you sure?" asked Freestyle.

Feather Bangs said, "I'm positive!" Then he began to sing:

From the first time that I laid eyes upon her.
She was so perfect and I fell

Out of everypony she's
just as beautiful like me.

So I plan to woo and marry Sugar Belle.

Feather's three groupies, Fond Feather, Swoon Song, and Dear Darling watched their idol from afar:

There's Feather Bangs,
That colt is dreamy.

He looks our way,
Oh he's so hot!

He stole our hearts
We're hardly breathing!

He's such a perfect, young, and handsome hunk!

Sugar Belle was walking around town reading her magazine, ignoring the hustle and bustle around her.

I wish there was more than this village life!

Watch and I'll make Sugar Belle my bride!

There's Sugar Belle a mare who's very special.
And everypony knows so well.

And we know one things for sure
Her looks are an allure.

She's a beautiful and lovely mare
(Beautiful and lovely mare)
Beautiful and lovely mare!

Sugar Belle!

Sugar Belle heard everyone and turned but they stopped singing.

When she looked away, they all went back to their normal business.

As Sugar Belle reached a small cafe, Feather Bangs jumped in front of her.

"Hey toots, whatcha got here?" said Feather Bangs as he took the magazine out of Sugar Belle's hoofs.

"Feather Bangs, I want my magazine back. Can I please have it?"

Feather Bangs flipped his mane and eyed the magazine oddly, "This article is boring. It just talks about a bunch of guys fighting over one girl on an Equestrian tour."

Sugar Belle giggled, "Maybe if you watched the show, you would understand what was going on."

Feather set the magazine on the table, "Sugar babe. I think it's time you put your baking tools on a shelf, ditch those friends of yours, and start hanging around me more."

Feather's groupies sighed romantically.

"Everypony knows you're the kindest and most beautiful mare in our village. But you should be more focused on dating stallions like me instead of having your nose in a cookbook."

"I can make my own decisions, thank you very much," An annoyed Sugar Belle replied, grabbing her magazine as she walked out the door.

Feather and his posse blocked her again, "Want to go to Flip's Diner and look at the shrine they built of me? We can also order a milkshake with two straws."

"I can't." Sugar Belle said, "My grandfather wants me home. He's trying out some recipies for the National Dessert Competition in Canterlot tomorrow."

"You prefer that old guy over us?" Boombox sneered.

"Don't talk about my grandfather like that!"

Feather Bangs nudged Boombox in the stomach, "Yeah what she said!"

"I'm leaving." Sugar Belle headed for her house leaving Feather Bangs and his friends to playfully wrestle with each other.

Author's Note:

The Pony Dating Vacation is a parody of The Bachelor/Bachelorette