• Published 29th May 2017
  • 419 Views, 13 Comments

Abuse - Hazel_Hester777



Our lives before and after coming to the MLP fandom, in pony version

  • ...
 13
 419

The Final Act

It was a bit of a sacrifice for all of them. Spring and trey were giving up half their souls and fell to the floor as Hazel did earlier. Whiz was told to go and guard the door and hold Deceptive off long enough to allow Rosette to call for help. Hester knew that a Familiar could only hold so much power so she took precaution to make sure she would be able to control this much power from three siblings. Rosette readied her phone. The police were nearby, but they had to be quick. Time was running out. It was near sundown and that would mean they only had a few minutes before Deceptive came, beat Whiz, and caught them.

They got into their posts. Since Troy and sister Spring still had half a soul to keep them standing, they decided to stay on guard as well to hopefully buy more time. Whiz was at the door, guarding. Troy was at the staircase’s base. Spring was guarding the hallway. Rosette, Hester, and Hazel were in the sleeping girls’ room. Hazel was on the floor while Hester starting drawing power from the three siblings as Rosette kept her phone alive.

“Okay, on a count to three, you hold off the barrier while the send the message, got it?” Rosette asked as Hester went infront of the open window.

Hester nodded as she readied her magic.

“Okay, one…”

Whiz sensed the approach of sunset.

“…two…”

Hester prepared herself.

“…three!”

Hester drew enough power from the three siblings and held back the barrier. Her magic struggled against the power as Rosette started to look for the right angle of the signal. She finally found it as the phone finally caught the police’s signal.

“Hello, Police, how may we help you?” the phone rang out.

“You’re calling by phone call? This already hurts!” Hester growled as she struggled.

Rosette put the phone to her ear as she stayed close to the source. “Hello, police yes. I’d like to call for an emergency. Please come here quickly. There’s a mad woman whose abusing her children and she’s gonna kill us! We don’t have much time!”

As Rosette made the phone call, Deceptive finally arrived home. She already heard them making the call and got angry.

That’s it! Forget just the sticks and tasers! She thought. I will make sure they never again see the light of day! Rosette, you’re about to face the same fate!

“Ma’am, where is the address?” the police asked.

“The Mansion in the Woods!” she cried out with the distinct name of the address. Everypony practically knew that there was only one area with that name. The Mansion in the Woods was so named because it was a mansion that was near the woods.

Deceptive kicked the door open, nearly throwing Whiz to the wall. The little dog regained his bearings as he went into attack mode. The woman and the dog fought for a bit, but she soon was able to defeat him by tasing him. The dog down, she left the taser there and started to the stairs.
She was confronted there by her firstborn, who was now weakened from the fact that he only had half a soul to keep him up now. Still, he put up a good fight. Deceptive had to avoid the punches and kicks before she finally kicked him in the gut and her fell to his knees. She then brought a small pocket knife out and stabbed him in the legs, keeping him down.

She was angrier than ever now. Her own children were fighting as her reputation was being destroyed. Spring was a bit of a warrior princess in terms of combat. They had a bit of a katana fight, each wielding one the same as the other. Spring was stalling as long as she could, ignoring how her body was getting weakened with only half a soul to keep up. Still, despite how she wanted to keep awake, her body was failing her and she eventually gave into the pain. For her own safety, Deceptive took her daughter’s own katana and drove it through her hand, making her stuck to the floor.

She kicked the door open, but by that time, Rosette had long ended the call and the police were not far behind. When the door bust open, Rosette screamed in fright as Hester shielded her and Hazel from the splinters and hid, dragging them with her magic, under the bed. Hazel was still out so she didn’t know. Hester was already on the verge of collapsing due to the huge amount of energy used.

“Hazel? Rosette? Hester?” the crazed mother called out as she looked around for the remaining three. “Where are you? Playing hide and seek, are we?” she then looked at the desk. “Could they be, behind the desk?” she found nothing. “Could they be, in the closet?” she opened it to only find clothes.

No one make a sound, Hester sent a mental message.

The sudden surprise was enough to make Rosette let out a yelp.

Deceptive heard that and looked under the bed. “Could they be, under the bed?” she then peeked and grinned when she found them. The awake duo screamed as Deceptive began to pull the sleeping Hazel out of the bed. Rosette and Hester tried to keep her with them, but they ended up getting pulled out as well.

Hester lunged at Deceptive and bit on her arm. The angry woman did as much as she could and finally pulled her off but then tased her before she threw the Familiar to the wall, knocking her out unconscious. Rosette then looked up as the crazed mother pulled up a knife.

She closed her eyes as she braced for her fate, but it never came. She opened one eyes and saw that Hazel had woken up and shielded her from the knife with her own body. The look in her eyes was a mix pain and utter fear as she felt that she was gonna die. Still, she found a bit of strength left and head-butted her mother, knocking her down to the floor. She then fell to the floor as she began to cough up blood.

“Hazel!” Rosette went forward, but the wounded girl gestured for her to go. “Hang on!”

“Rosette…go…” she choked out.

“No! I won’t leave you here!”

A groan was heard as they noticed that Deceptive was quick to regain consciousness.

“GO!” Hazel chocked out.

Rosette felt the tears pear up in her eyes. Her friend was dying on the floor and now she was telling her to go on without her? She couldn’t do that. Still, it seemed she had no choice left. And she had none as Hazel, using final bit of Equestrian Girl magic, made her fly out of the room. The last thing the little girl felt before blacking out was satisfaction.

Rosette rose to her feet as she now had no choice but to run and hide until the police and hospital get there. She bit her lip and stopped tears as the faces of her friends passed by her. She had to run as fast as she could to avoid the hands of the crazed mother. She dodged a thrown knife every now. Finally she got out of the house, but the barrier still trapped her within the gates.

She looked up to see the crazed eyes of the insane woman. She had the Aura’s Cell in her hand. She knew what that meant; Deceptive was gonna take her soul and make her like the pawns. She felt that her soul was leaving her body as the pendant began to glow green.

And it all stopped, and she kept her soul. It was a surprise but then they looked to see that Rosette was now in a protective barrier spell. The lights of a group of police cars lit up as sirens were heard. That was when they noticed that the police had arrived, accompanied by an ambulance. Deceptive started backpedalling, but the police had handcuffed her as Rosette stood up, took the pendant from her neck, and smashed it to the ground. Four distinct souls escaped the breaches of the prison and went into the house, back into their proper owners.

“Miss, are you alright?” one of the police asked as they helped her up.

“I’m fine, but there are three kids and dog in there! I think they’re bleeding to death!”

The staff of the hospital nodded as they went in to do their work. They ran as fast as they can, bringing along stretchers and bandages and first aid kits to help. Rosette watched as they went and found the victims, her only hope was that they would still live.

________________________________________

Darkness. That was all Hazel saw after she closed her eyes from blood loss. She saw just a dark space. No sound. No sight. Everything was just pitch black. Was she dead? She thought she was. But then she heard a sound.

Hello? Ma’am?

She slowly opened her eyes. Her vision was blurry at first, but she was soon able to see. She saw the face of a woman who worked for the hospital. Her ears perked up at the sounds of wheels and sirens.

“Ma’am, can you hear me?” the woman asked her when she noticed she was awake. “What’s your name?”

“Hazel…Nut…Vine…” she choked out weakly.

“Okay, Hazel, don’t worry. You’re safe now” the woman assured her as she put a gas mask on her mouth.

Hazel’s head was too heavy for her to lift for now and she didn’t have much strength. Her eyes were still able to move so she scanned everything with them. Looking up, she saw her siblings and dog were each on a stretcher, bandaged and breathing through gas masks as they were attached to a life support machine.

Her eyes darted to her left to see that her mother was handcuffed and put into a straightjacket and into a van for the insane as she protested violently. Right beside Hazel was her Familiar Hester, who was already healing but in the same state as she was.

She then moved her eyes around and found Rosette. She saw her friend was looking at her as though to make sure. Though she has fears in her eyes, she gave her a small smile. Hazel returned it, as though thanking her, before closing her eyes to get some rest.

With her own bit of strength, Hester gave Rosette a mental message.

Thank you