• Published 29th May 2017
  • 419 Views, 13 Comments

Abuse - Hazel_Hester777



Our lives before and after coming to the MLP fandom, in pony version

  • ...
 13
 419

Trauma

“It’s not that hard, Hysteria, you just gotta learn how to flap those wings. Think of it as a butterfly or a wisp in the wind” Serene demonstrated by changing to her Pegasus form and flapping her wings.

The young filly looked at her wings uncertainly before trying to flap them. They just made a silent snapping sound before letting her fall again.

“Don’t worry, Hysteria, you’ll get it one day” Shadow assured her as he helped her back up.

“This doesn’t make any sense. Her wings are alright, but there’s a snapping a sound before she falls again. The only time we can get her to fly is by creating a gust for her to fly on, like Cloud Chaser did with Zap Stinger”

“Well, she’ll have to start then with learning to walk” he then handed her a glass of water and a bottle of pills. She took two of them and drank all the water.

They went to a Psychologist to help find what was wrong with her. She was diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder or PTSD. In her case, it’s rather severe due to how it triggers some Split Personality Disorder. It only occurs if she feels scared. They gave her the meds that were just suitable for her age.

“Walking sounds nice. Flying makes me feel nervous” Hysteria spoke gently.

Serene sighed before changing back to her Equestria Girl form. Shadow smiled gently before helping his daughter out of her special walking boots. She came out of them one by one, uncertain at first. When she was finally out, she wobbled a bit while trying to regain her balance. She just sat herself down.

“Okay, Hysteria, this should be a little easier than flying. Most Pegasi only learn to walk before they learn to fly, so just follow me”

“Okay”


Fluttershy shook her head as she woke up on the couch in Twilight’s living room. Her head was still painful and she felt a bit dizzy but she was already awake. The aforementioned Alicorn soon came in the room just as she regained her bearings.

“Oh, good to see you finally came to” Twilight smiled.

Fluttershy felt her forehead. “Um, Twilight, what happened?”

“An Anti broke in and knocked you out unconscious. Luckily, one of the Fans came in and helped us out. Nurse Redheart said you hit your head really bad. You’ve been out for a long time”

“How long?” she asked, worried.

“About three days, but I contacted Applejack and she was able to take care of your animals if that’s what’s worrying you” she spoke while giving her friend an icepack.

The yellow mare let out a sigh of relief.

“By the way, what was that thing you were talking about a while ago?”

“Hmm?” she compressed the icepack to her ache in the head.

“Before they attacked, you gasped when I mentioned the serum was used on Hidebrits”

The yellow mare’s eyes widened while looking down and trying to hide.

The Alicorn made her face her gently. “Fluttershy, please. I’m your friend. You can tell me”


Hysteria began to shake and cry. She had tried to walk again, but she kept faltering. At one point, she fell too hard and it hurt her leg. She was still sensitive to pain as her tears began to rise.

Shadow Kirby tried to calm her. “Shh, it’s okay. It’s okay. Everything’s okay. Please don’t cry” she wouldn’t stop. He then remembered an old lullaby used to help calm him down. He knew she was not really of his blood, but it was worth a shot.

Blackbirds singing in the dead of night

Take these broken wings and learn to fly

All your life

You are only waiting for this moment to arrive

Hysteria began to calm down as he sang. It was very soothing. Her breathing began to steady, while she held onto him as though he were a teddy bear.


“So the Hidebrit Gene is still in existence?” Fluttershy asked.

Twilight nodded. “I was shocked myself. But I couldn’t tell the others. I mean, the current Bearer came from a traumatic life and is even the only family a traumatized child has. We can’t just take them. We’ll only be taking one life for another”

Fluttershy nodded in understanding. “I would do the same and not tell”

“So, I’ve told you what I know. Now tell me what you know”

The yellow mare sighed. “Because of the theory that I’m a descendant of Snowdrop, I have developed a connection to her that allows me to monitor the Fandom by feeling with my Element of Kindness like she does with her snowflakes. At one point, I felt something. I didn’t know what I was at first, but I soon found that…”

“Yes? Go on, Fluttershy”

“I knew the Hidebrit Gene is still in existence. One OC was even born from the one who had it”

Twilight nodded. “I see”

“What do we do now?”

“We’re gonna have to find the bearer and have them brought over. We have no choice right now. If we don’t stop this war soon, we’ll all end up dead by next month. Let’s not forget: the bearer was even kidnapped along with several others and we still haven’t found them”

The yellow mare sighed. “Desperate times call for desperate measures, I guess” she then looked up. “But don’t be too hard on them”

Twilight nodded. “Can you try tracking them?”

The yellow mare closed her eyes in concentration before jerking back and letting out a yelp. “I still need to recover. My head still hurts a bit”

“Oh! Alright then, we’ll just wait until you get better”

“I’m going home now. Angel must be getting worried. Bye, Twilight”

“Stay safe, Fluttershy”


Good things never last when you’re part of an area at war. Hysteria eventually regained the ability to walk on her own, but she sometimes wore the boots just in case. Still, she was unable to fly without support. She was still having issues with her controlling her aggressive split personality. Shadow Kirby just watched over her and took care of her. Serene was there to help as well. The little filly was still having nightmares about her time at the Institution and how it may have left her permanently unable to fly.

Soon enough, the last safe places of refuge in the Fandom side was found and broke. The Antis had begun to collect and capture the last ones who were not fit for war. Among them, Shadow Kirby and Hysteria. The little filly flailed around in their grasps as she tried to get back to her father. She was crying as he put her in one of the vans. She knew what would become of her too. They would take her as an experiment and conduct more ways to destroy even those who were in the war, and then…

“Help!”

She flinched when she heard that voice. It was somewhat familiar to her but why?

“No! Let me go!”

Her eyes darted around to find the source, and there it was. A bit of a distance away from her, being pulled into a van, was a young OC. It didn’t look like a pony; it was more of a Katsuma with a minor differences. Its ears were folded backwards instead of forwards, its stomach was oval instead of circular, and its tail was like that of a tiger’s. It also had a flower bud-like collar across its neck. On the flower’s petals were marks that resembled a cross.

“Mother! Mom! Help me!”

She gained a glint of light in her eyes. Suddenly, her lost memories started flooding back, as though the dam holding them away had just broke. She remembered who she was: she was not one, but two beings fused as one, Hazel Vine and Hester Hide.

“Bunny!” she cried out as she jumped out of the Anti’s grasps and dashed her way over to the young OC.

Along the way, she split up back into the Partner-Familiar duo, along the two to finally breathe independently for once in a long time. Hester used Freeze spells to stop the Antis from coming any closer while Hazel used levitation to make them go away. When they did reach the van, the Familiar broke the door and freed the captives inside, as well as their own OC, who she and Hazel held closely.

“Mom…Mother” she cooed before smiling and hugging them.

“Shh, it’s okay, Nita” Hester cooed. “It’s okay, Mom and Mother are here now”

Hazel nodded as she pet their OC before her eyes darted over to the van that had Shadow Kirby. “Dad…”

Hester followed her gaze before going sad as well. “We’ll get him back, dear”

Twilight and Snowdrop managed to see the whole thing. Hester used her Hidebrit Gene at one point to send the Antis away and out of their territory, but it was only temporary, just long enough for a few days. Their secret was out, and they began to start training for the real priority now: Saving the captives and Shadow Kirby along with them.

The duo were never one for fancy stuff s they were allowed to live in their own house, so long as they came to training. Upon further investigation, they found that the Hidebrit Gene was still in Hester, the fusion only cloaked it. The whole thing they went through came some costs. Hazel could no longer use her old Pegasus form, only her Hysteria one with Hester. It was a shame that she also had a disability to fly now.

But that wasn’t their main worry; it was to save Shadow and the others.