• Published 29th May 2017
  • 3,405 Views, 75 Comments

Sombra's "Queen" - Foxaholic



Sombra reclaims the Crystal Empire with the help of his new "Queen". But when the Princesses and the Elements of Harmony come to stop him, something really unexpected happens.

  • ...
12
 75
 3,405

The month's end.

~Cadence POV~


Well, well. The time allocated to Shiro is finally over. It is now time for us to decide if she and Sombra are able to rule a kingdom without the use of fear and such, mostly if they are able to change or not. I would lie if I said I wasn't curious about what she did with the kingdom. Oh I can't wait!

As we are on our way, I take notice of everyone's state of mind. Celestia was showing a motherly smile as usual, trying to assure everyone that she has everything in control, but I know better than to believe something like that. She's probably just as worried as everyone else. Luna wasn't as good at hiding her emotions like her sister, she was obviously worried about what might have happened, but at the same time she was eager to have a fight. Same could be said about Rainbow Dash, that and the fact that the entire journey here was filled with her talking about how she'll kick Shiro's ass if she did something bad. Shiny was really worried and really showed it on his face, more worried about the residents of the crystal empire than anything. Twilight was worried that we'll have to fight with Sombra AND Shiro, and about Shiny of course. Applejack was really determined to do the right thing. Fluttershy was scared as usual. Pinkie Pie was bouncing up and down in an omnipresent sugar rush. And Rarity was just making an overly dramatic scene.

Soon enough, we finally arrived at our destination, where, thankfully, no gigantic black crystals were covering any part of the castle, so that's a good thing. As we got closer we were greeted by a guard, well he does have a different armor, in it being covering his entire body, it has a grey color, I'm not sure what metal it was made of but it looks sturdy, it also had quite a few enchantments, a white cloth was covering his chest and back which had a black cross on it. He also had a shield with the same cross on it, along with a halberd.

(Something similar to this minus the flail)

"Oh Princesses, Elements! We have been waiting for you! Oh please come this way! Our Queen has been waiting for you! Come along now!" The 'guard' seemed really enthusiastic to see us, really happy too, so I guess that's a good sign, right?

"Of course. Did something bad happen while Shiro was in control? Are there some problems?" I asked the guard with a smile.

"Something bad to happen?" The guard seemed surprised. "Oh no! Quite the opposite really! Although I have to admit her retraining of us was really harsh at first, but it was only for us to become strong enough to protect our dear home by ourselves! She is like a goddess to all of us! All of the harsh and seemingly bad things she does are for our good! I have never felt this proud to be a guard in my life!" That seemed to confuse some of us, but also make us a little happy that they might have actually changed. Perhaps my assumption of her was right, and although she has quite a... weird personality, but she seems to be a good person.

As we all start walking towards the castle itself, we all quietly look around our surroundings. The Crystal Ponies don't seem sad, depressed or anything; they actually look quite happy. Wait... Why is everypony eating tacos?

"Umm... Excuse me, but why is everypony eating tacos?" I ask the guard about the mass taco eating.

"Oh? It's Taco Friday! Free Tacos. Preeeeeeetty neat." The guard chuckled as he said those words.

"*gasp* Oh my gosh! CAN I HAVE A TACO TOO?!" Said Pinkie as she teleported in front of the guard's face.

"Sure." The guard then gave Pinkie a Taco which he pulled out of nowhere.

"Yay!"


~5 minutes later~


"So... Can we enter the castle now?" I said while enjoying my taco. All of us stopped to eat tacos, because 'You have to eat tacos on Taco Friday' according to Pinkie.

"Yeah, yeah. Come." Said the guard, who's name is Obsidian Heart, as he finished his taco. "Oh forgot to mention. I'm the captain of the Crystal Paladins. Third in command after our Queen and Sombra. A pleasure to meet you all." Obsidian said as he bows to us.

"The Crystal Paladins?" Asked my dear Shiny who seemed confused.

"Our Queen renamed us after the retraining. Forgot to mention that, apologizes. "

"It's alright." Said Celestia reassuringly as we all got closer to the castle door. In front of the door, there were another two paladins armed with the same armors and shields as Obsidian, but with spears instead of a halberd. The moment they saw us they nodded and slowly opened the door and we all started walking towards the throne room. The castle didn't seem to have been put through any changes so far, so that's a good thing. I think.

After long corridors and a lot of paladins, we finally got to the throne room. There, we saw Shiro, dressed in her usual purple dress that perfectly complimented her form, along with a necklace and her crown, which seems to be her regalia. Behind her, near the throne was Sombra, who was sitting in the shadows.

"Welcome! I've been waiting for you all!" Said Shiro while getting up from the throne, all the while Sombra stepped out from the shadows. His voice sounding a little submissive. "Greetings..."

"As we have agreed, we have given you a month to prove yourself." Said Celestia as she cleared her throat. "We have seen a few changes, mostly to the guards, and we haven't really seen anything bad so far, which I appreciate that, but I still have to ask that you tell us what changes you have made so far, and what are your plans for the future."

"Changes? Oh, nothing much. Besides an entire reform of the Empire's military, I have also changed a few rules for the better. I... Mostly changed the rules concerning crime and punishment, in such a way that no crime shall go unpunished. Some of the punishments might seem... Harsh, but I assure you, it is all for the better. And about the future and my plans for it... Fu fu fu..." She stepped forward and opened her arms wide. "My goal in this, oh so mysterious life, is to create a utopia! A safe heaven for everyone who respects the law! I will create a perfect world..."

"She's not lying." We all heard Luna say.

"Why would I be lying? I got nothing to gain from it, but I have everything to lose." Said Shiro with a chuckle. "Trust me, I wouldn't want anything bad to happen to any of your precious little subjects."

"Hmm... Well I suppose there's no problem with letting you dealing with the empire... What do you say, Cadence?" Celestia motherly voice spoke softly.

"I'm fine with it, but I'll be staying here to supervise you. You don't mind that, do you?" I asked the white mare. I didn't mind them ruling the crystal empire as long as they don't do anything bad. And the good part is that I finally get a vacation, these duties are surprisingly tiring.

"Of course not. Now, now, get going! We have a lot of things to work on!" Shiro said as she hushed the others out of the throne room.

"C'mon, princess, we can't just give them the Crystal Empire!" We heard Rainbow say from behind the doors.

"Cadence is fine with it, so why not?" Said Luna.

"B-But-" Rainbow tried to say before getting cut off.

"The princesses said it's fine, Rainbow. Let's go." The last word's where said by Twilight as they teleported away.

As soon as they all teleported away Shiro sighed. "Phew... Finally the boring stuff is over~" She says as she looks at me. "Come luv, let me show you something you might like." She motions with her hand for me to follow her, which I do. Thankfully Sombra doesn't follow us, opting to go to his study room. As we both walked down the halls I noticed that the castle itself seemed a lot cleaner than usual, in the sense that all the staff was a lot more organized, like some kind of complicated machine, all of them doing their jobs perfectly with seemingly no mistakes, which I had to admit, was a little creepy.

"I see you've done a lot of thing to improve the quality of the staff's work, which is surprising to say the least. And since you didn't mind me staying here, I suppose you don't mind if I relax a little do you?" I asked her.

"Thank you for your compliment, luv. And no, I don't mind. Relax all you want luv, but please try not to make our work harder." She answered with a smile.

"Alright then... What are your current plans?" I ask, hoping she might reveal something to me.

"Oh nothing much. Just getting some of my... *ahem* friends over here, and a certain pony's relative." She says as she opens to massive doors and enters.

"Friends? Who?" I ask as I follow her inside the weird room.

"Don't worry, luv. You'll see them in time, soon hopefully... Really soon..." Shiro said as the door closed behind us.

Author's Note:

Ok, I have to admit. I slacked off on this. I should have made it waaaaaay longer, but I kept getting stuck at a lot of parts, I got myself The H.P. Lovecraft Collection of Classic Tales of Cosmic Horror (I love it) and I also have another project on the way, and add to that League of Legends and Team Fortress 2 and you get the idea. Pretty much my mind wasn't exactly focused. Hopefully the next one won't take as long as this and will be longer, but no promises. Hopefully you guys like it. Ciao!