• Published 10th Jul 2012
  • 8,407 Views, 174 Comments

Apple of Another Color - MrTyreste



A human is sent to Equestria during a storm when he hides out in a barn.

  • ...
17
 174
 8,407

Hour of Twilight

"Wait, what?" I asked her, shocked at this sudden change in her mood. Applebloom looked up at her with a pleading look in her eyes, wondering why this sudden revelation.

"Ya'll heard me, I want you off mah farm." She seemed a little more stern now as she inched back and motioned for Applebloom to come with her. "Applebloom, git your flank in the house." She said sternly, to which Applebloom reluctantly obeyed, dropping the mask. As Applebloom walked through the door and almost out of sight, Applejack closed the door behind her and faced me, this time with an expression of hate in her face.

"Ya'll thought I wouldn't find out about your kind?" She growled.

"What are you talkin-"

"I stopped by Twilight's when I headed into town, asked her what a human was. She told me ya'll are a bunch of meat-eatin', pony-violatin'-"

"Whoa whoa, hold on. I've never-"

"To top it off, ya'll think of us like we're nothing but a kid's show! You don't give any regard to how we feel, how our lives are. 'Things' like you aren't welcome at Sweet Apple Acres, so ya'll can just git movin'!" She bucked the door open and motioned for me to leave. "Well? Ah said get the hay off mah farm!"

"Hold on, Applejack. Ah don't think of ya'll as just a kid's show, honestly! I mean-" She grabbed me by the back of my jacket and hauled me outside in the cold evening as I struggled against her. "Let me go!" I jerked around trying to get her to let go of me as she began to tear the fabric in my hood. She mumbled something I couldn't understand, and as she finished mumbling she began to jerk against me, nearly tearing the hood of my jacket clean off. I managed to struggle enough to get an arm out of the sleeve and grab her by the snout. It was hard enough getting my arm out, now I had to get this mare to get her teeth out of my clothes.

"I said, let go!" Without thinking I punched her hard in the jaw, finally causing her to let go and grab her mouth with her hooves. I saw a trickle of blood coming down her hooves as her eyes welled up with tears, but these weren't tears of pain, I could clearly tell she was angry.

Oh now I've done it, I thought to myself.

"Applejack, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to-" She didn't give me a chance to finish as she whipped around and bucked me so hard in the chest that I flew a couple feet into the wall of the barn. The crack of the impact was so loud I could have sworn something had broken, but my interest was more on the weeping pony in front of me. Her anger turned into sadness as I saw her weakly sobbing in front of me.

"Just go, and don't touch my sister again." Now I knew what had set her off, what made me out to be like the other people that saw the darker side of the fandom. I had been in the barn helping Applebloom for a lot longer than I realized, what she had heard from Twilight about the rule 34 things.

She didn't want to believe it, did she? But when she saw me in there, with her sister, alone.

The things she must have thought.

I picked myself up off the ground and started walking away from the farm, every step bringing a new kind of pain. I felt an excrutiating amount of pain in my chest and right arm. What really hurt was when I saw her crying though, when Applejack just assumed I was like the humans she had heard about. Like all my life, being judged by appearances alone. That was what hurt the most.

What always hurt the most.

"Damn redneck!" I shouted back at the barn when I was sure I was out of earshot, and kept walking along the dirt road into the Everfree forest.

It had become so dark that eventually I couldn't even see where I was going. The dirt path had vanished, and everything in the forest seemed to blur together. I really hoped that I wouldn't end up in a field of Poison Joke or meet any Timberwolves as I kept walking aimlessly, but then I wondered who would I go to?

Fluttershy? She lived on the edge of the forest, if I could find it from here.

Zecora? Honestly I felt safer with her considering she faced the same problem as I did when she came to Equestria. However I probably would have less luck finding her than I would Fluttershy.

I honestly felt alone here, completely. So alone, that there was no one to warn me about the edge of the river as I fell in, cracking my head on a stone in the process. My head hurt horrible as I tried to stay afloat, but the world around me began to fade as the pain in my chest became even sharper as my heart started feeling like it was about to burst.

Oh crap, not here, I thought to myself as I clutched my chest for dear life, knowing my history of heart problems. The buck to the chest must have really hurt me internally as well as broken a bone or two. I started to feel light headed, and finally began to pass out before hearing the sound of hooves racing towards me.

---

"Is it going to be ok?" I heard a young boy's voice ask someone I assumed was near.

"Spike, it's a boy, or can you not tell when someone has similar body parts to you?" A familiar voice rang out. Wait, asking him if he can't tell his own-

Am I naked?!

I jumped up and looked all around me, thank God I still had pants on, but I noticed my chest bandaged and arm had a cast on it. I heaved a sigh of relief as I gazed upon a young purple dragon, and a very familiar lavender unicorn.

"Well, someone's a bit jumpy." She giggled.