• Published 10th Jul 2012
  • 1,435 Views, 20 Comments

The Adventures Of Henry Hoof In Equestria - destinedjagold



a sequel of my first MLP: FiM fanfic (http://www.fimfiction.net/story/34650/Changeling---Henry-Hoof)

  • ...
1
 20
 1,435

Chapter 20 - White Tail Village

Chapter 20 - White Tail Village

----------
Part One of Three
Fanged Forest
----------

The brown earthy path from the train tracks leading to the fishing village was narrow, only providing five to eight meters in width. The business ponies and their unicorn companions have been taking this path for far too many times now, and it was clear from their smiles and chatter that they're used to the dangers which were poking behind the thick trees that surrounded the path. Even the red earth stallion was wearing a calm smile, and Henry, despite feeling a bit scared, continued to keep his calm.

He took notes of the path, the air, the feel and the heavy pressure he's applying to push the wooden wagon he and Big Macintosh were pulling. Pearl, somehow disbelieving that simply staring at the rainbow jam bored her, started to let her eyes wander in her moving surroundings and quietly hummed a tune as she sat on the available space inside the wagon which was filled with wooden crates.

The three ponies were in the middle of the group of ponies. Earth ponies, who are among the aid team, were spread around, walking on the sides, front and back of the group. They kept a watchful eye in their surroundings. They need to, if they want to provide safety to the business ponies. After all, they are going to get paid for their services--either in bits or the items the ponies sell.

Henry took notice of the trees. Each tree has their leaves, and all were green. Were these trees unaffected by the magic of the seasons? The trees back in Ponyville were still starting to grow their leaves back. Well, he thought, there are trees which are indeed unaffected by the changing seasons. Maybe the trees here are one of them? So much are needed to be taken note of, which made the green pony smile.

When they were still in the train, Henry asked about the place, and Big Macintosh gladly filled him in. The only relevant thing Henry still has on his mind was about the wolves in the forest. If it weren't for the aid team and the unicorns, the path would be too dangerous to cross.

The Apple Family needed the Bits while their apple orchard was still recovering their leaves, so he understood Big Macintosh's condition of providing the needed Bits for his family.

A loud rustling bush echoed in the quiet air of the path, making everypony stop and look around.

...nothing...

They continued their walk, but only this time, they're more quiet and more alert now. The aid team prepared their wooden weapons on their mouths. Unicorns started chanting their magic mentally.

Henry decided to stop writing. He returned his quill and notebook back inside his saddleback. He turned his head over his shoulder, and saw Pearl. She was still humming, but already aware of the situation. She saw him, and flashed him a reassuring smile. Henry smiled back.

Just then, a loud rustling noise echoed around the air once again, and after a few seconds, a large creature jumped out of the forest, and stopped a few hooves in front of the herd of ponies.

---

"H-how am I doin'?"
A blue pegasus colt asked, struggling to keep himself airborne. He was hovering a few hooves above the sandy shore.

Cloth simply smiled. They have been in that area for almost an hour now, and teaching the blue pegasus to fly is starting to fruit. The pegasus colt has managed to steady his wings in flapping downward. Although he was tiredly panting, he was grinning after he noticed the black pegasus' smile. It somehow flashed him a message of a good job he's doing, and he's eager to continue his training.

A quick rise of the colt's wings was like time became still to Cloth as he noticed something on the wingtips of the young pony.
"Stop and land," he ordered as his smile vanished.

Did he do something wrong again? He was certain he already got it right, at least, that's what he thought. He slowed his pace, slowly losing his altitude, and his hooves finally touched the sand.
"Cloth, bud..." he said in between deep intakes of breath.
"D-did I...make a m-mistake?"

Cloth closed his eyes as he slowly shook his head.
"No," he said as he looked at the confused blue pegasus, "Blue, you are doing a good job."
He took a breath for the colt to process his message.
"I simply noticed your wings."

Blue blinked twice before turning his head over his shoulder as he extends a wing.
"What about 'em?"

"Your wings are tired, Blue. Rest up for a while."

"B-but," he faced the black pegasus with a tired look, "I'm not tired! Not in the slightest."

Cloth arched an eyebrow.
"No, you're tired, and you need rest."

"But I'm fine!"

Cloth took a breath.
"Fine, if you insist."

Blue smiled, slightly hopping in place.

"But don't blame me if you permanently damage your wing."

At that, Blue froze in fear. If a broken hoof meant difficulty in walking, then a broken wing would mean... Blue quickly trotted beside the boulder, and lied down to rest.
"Rest is a good idea! Yep!"
He laughed weakly.

Cloth smirked.
"I'm glad you recovered some sense."

Now, it was Cloth's turn to exercise his wings. He slowly opened and extends his wings as he noted to himself that if he feels pain, he'll stop and take note of his wings' limit before starting his wing stretches. Blue quietly watched the black pegasus a few hooves in front of him.

In the forest near the shore, a small seedling was stepped on by a large green hoof with sharp claws. The owner of the said claw had blood-red eyes, which were fixed on two ponies on the shore.

---

A large wolf-like creature appeared before the group. It has the height much taller than any ponies present in the area. Its green leaves around its body provided the creature warmth and protection like fur. Each of its four feet showed sharp sets of silver claws, matching its razor teeth as it let out a growl through them. Its eyes send messages that blood will be spilled that day.

"A forest wolf..." Henry whispered as he mentally took note of the wolf's features.
"Interesting..."

Meanwhile, the other ponies prepared themselves. Unicorns stood in front of their employers, preparing their magic as their horns began to glow, as the aid team tightened their grip on their wooden weaponry on their mouths. Pearl grabbed a piece of her own as Big Macintosh and Henry removed the harness around them and went to the back end of their wagon where Pearl was seated.

Two forest wolves came out and stopped behind the group of ponies. Noticing that those were closer than the one in front, Henry and Macintosh focused their attention on them. Two wolves then appeared in either side of the group, making the aid team who were near to take a few steps back. Two wolves then appeared in the front, and then both sides and back.

"Interesting indeed..."
Henry gulped as he concentrated his magic.

"Eeyup..." Macintosh replied.
"They're not this many last year..."

"Is that a bad thing?"
Pearl asked quietly, shakingly trying to keep a hold of a metal rod.

"Do not panic!" one of the business ponies shouted, making the wolves growl furiously.
"With the aid team and the unicorns, these wolves won't be able to harm us."

Testing that theory, a wolf on the front dashed towards them. With a flick of magic, a wall of air slammed the approaching wolf, and sent it flying back towards the forest. Angered that their companion was hurt, the other wolves took that as their signal to attack. As the rest of the ponies prepared themselves, Henry grabbed his hat with his hoof, revealing his horn intensely charged with brown magic.

---

Cloth yelped in pain after trying to fully extend his wings, despite his mental note not to do so. He fell to the sand as Blue got up to try and help him out. Reaching him, he grabbed a hoof to help him up.

"You 'kay, bud?"
Blue asked, worried.

Cloth weakly smiled as he folded his wings back.
"I thought you said 'bud' only applies to those whom you don't know."

"Yeah well..." Blue stared at the sky, looking for something to say, until a recollection came.
"You said it yourself that I don't know you, so that makes you a stranger."
And he finished it with a victorious smile.

"I suppose I did," Cloth whispered with a smile.

They suddenly heard a fast set of running hooves on sand. Turning at the same time, before their eyes was a fast-approaching forest wolf. It jumped after it got in range. It's mouth opened wide, revealing sharp sets of teeth. It's front feet stretched forward, where its claws were aimed at them.

Acting in defensive reflex, Cloth quickly leaned back and jumped lower, successfully delivering a headbutt on the wolf's stomach. The attack sent the wolf back, landing on its side.

"Gah!"

Cloth quickly spun around and saw the blue pegasus running towards the water while desperately flapping his wings in fear as another wolf chased after him. He was about to go after them when a sharp sense hit his nape. He jumped forward in time to dodge the wolf's claw from making contact. As he was about to land, he saw a glimpse of the blue pegasus desperately splashing and throwing rocks at the wolf, who was having a rather difficult time keeping up in the water. Satisfied that the blue pegasus is safe for a few minutes, he quickly turned to face the wolf after he landed, only to see before him the wide jaws of the creature.

---

The sound of battle echoed in the air as ponies and wolves did their best to achieve their tasks. As Henry blasted a brown beam at a wolf, Macintosh dashed forward, turned around, and delivered a good ol' tree buckin' kick at a leaping wolf. The massive power the stallion gave shook each fiber in the wolf's body as it was sent farther than Henry's beam did with the other.

"I seriously need to work on my magic..."
Henry said as he fired another beam at a wolf, which it easily dodged and quickly dashed towards him. The wolf leaped towards him, ready to deliver a killing blow.

"Duck!" a female voice shouted, making Henry to do so. A metal rod hit the wolf, sending it flying back to the forest after Pearl's successful swing.
"Home run!" she cheered.

"Home run?"
Henry blinked as he turned to her.
"Sea ponies play baseball underwater?"

"Questions later," she winked, "saving our butts first!"

Henry blinked twice, completely lost at that.
"I need to ask you where you learned such languages after this..."
Henry said, completely weirded, as he turned around and focused his magic on his horn.

---

A forest wolf dug its fangs around Cloth's face. It began to move its head left and right to make its prey dizzy for an easy kill. It stopped after it noticed a green glow from its jaws, and before it could react, its mouth was blasted with green sludge. The force pushed the wolf back, dragging Cloth along until the wolf's jaw opened its mouth further to lose its grip on the black pegasus. It tried its hardest to remove the awful green slime on its mouth. The wolf was completely distracted, unable to notice the black pegasus' glowing green eyes as it created a wall of green barrier in front of it. Quickly, Cloth pushed the sand, delivering a much powerful attack with the solid green wall of slime, and followed by his own head delivering a headbutt. The wolf was thrown back and hit its head on a tree, completely losing its consciousness.

Disregarding his wounds, Cloth turned and saw two wolves were already chasing the blue pegasus. One was chasing him in the water, while the other was waiting on the shore. He was about to jump up and fly when a cruel thought reminded him that he cannot fly. He dismissed the plan and instead dashed towards the wolf on the shore.

---

As the battle continues, the cries of ponies wondering of how many and how powerful the wolves are is already joining the echoes of chaos in the area. After blasting another wolf away, Henry turned back to the wagon and saw Pearl repeatedly slamming the iron rod on the skull of a wolf. He did not notice how that wolf reached her, but he was glad that she could keep herself safe. To finish it off, she lowered the rod and swung it sideways, hitting the wolf's lower jaw and sent it back to the forest.

"Hole in one!"

"Even golf?"
Henry tilted his head to the side.

Pearl simply chuckled as she jumped off of the wagon.
"Hey, this is fun!" she happily announced as she turned her head around to spot another victim.

"Danger is...fun?"
Henry whispered, unable to notice a wolf creeping behind him.

---

Blue slipped on a slippery rock underneath the water, completely losing his balance and falling to the water. The wolf took advantage of his accident and quickly worked its way towards the pegasus, only to stop after half of its face was covered with hot green slime. It yelped in pain and quickly thrashed around a few seconds after realizing how cool the water was. As it drowned its head under the water, Blue rose up and coughed a few water out of his lungs after breathing some when he fell. Panic was making it difficult to control one's breathing, after all.

Blue turned to the shore to escape the wolf. As he did, he saw Cloth, pushing the head of another wolf down to the sand. With an exposed neck, Cloth quickly dug its fangs on the wolf's leafy neck. The wolf screached in pain, making Cloth tighten his bite.

Blue was about to get out of the water when he noticed two wolves were trying to wake an unconscious wolf on the edge of the forest. He stood still after a wolf ran pass him from his side, and continued its retreat back to the forest. One wolf dragged the falled wolf inside the forest as the other locked its gaze on a panting pegasus.

The wolf quickly dashed towards him as Blue cried in fright. As the wolf leaped in the air, another wolf was thrown and hit its side, throwing both away from the scared pegasus. Turning, he saw Cloth, breathing fast and deep, and with green angry glowing eyes. What made Blue shiver in fear was Cloth was smiling.

---

A wolf leaped and aimed its claws and jaw on Henry's back, when a painful pull from its tail denied his intentions. Big Macintosh bit the wolf's long leafy tail and spun in place before letting go, sending the wolf way over the height of the trees.

"Just like haybales in the rodeo..."
He whispered as he turned to the surprised green pony. He opened and closed his mouth a number of times as he let his tongue dance inside.
"Taste like hay as well..."

"I'll...take a note of that..."
Henry whispered.

The wolves were already short on number, and after realizing that they're no match for these group of ponies, they slowly began to retreat back into the forest. After the last of the wolves was sent flying, the ponies cheered for victory. Soon, they started treating the wounds of their fellow ponies. Fortunately, nopony was severely injured or have died. As Pearl and Big Macintosh checked their wagon, Henry sat on the ground and took his notebook and quill. He began to write the things that happened. Something this intense would be great for the fourth Daring Do book.

----------
Part Two of Three
Love On The Sand
----------

The two wolves retreated into the forest, to Blue's relief. He fell into a sitting position, breathing deeply to calm himself as he tried to ignore the glowing green eyes of a certain black pegasus.

Cloth was seated as well, where his back was on the blue pegasus. He just noticed the fear in Blue's eyes when he threw that wolf to save the pegasus. It was a good thing that he could control himself, else, who knows what he could have done to that pegasus if he allowed his changeling greed to consume him. No, he knew he can control himself. For years, he has mastered that, after all. Still, he needed to assure the blue pegasus that he has nothing to fear...at least...for the time being?

"I'm sorry," Cloth said.
Talking somehow made him remember about his wounds around his face. Now that his muscles are relaxing and his adrenaline now slow, a numbing pain was surrounding his whole face.

"Hey bud..." Blue whispered, turning his gaze down.
"...it's...it's cool."

Cloth turned around and sat where he can face him. He was about to ask about how the word 'cool' has anything to do with what just happened, until he remembered it's other meaning. Ponies and their ways of talking... Cloth quietly sighed.
"Why did they attack, I wonder."

Blue only slowly shook his head.
"No idea bud... No freakin' idea..."

"Hm..." Cloth took a few seconds to think.
"You said that those wolves are smart enough not to attack us..."

"Only if we're inside the village, yes, but uh..."
He rose his head to face him to continue, only to gasp in surprise after seeing a few streams of blood from the black pegasus.
"Y-you're wounded! You're hurt!"
He quickly got up and ran beside him. He quickly squirmed his head under Cloth's stomach, and lifted him up on his back.
"Wow, you're lighter than I thought," he remarked as he started walking towards the village in a fast pace.

"Put me down this instant!"
Cloth hissed.

"Worry 'bout nothin', bud! We'll get there soon enough!"
Blue said through gasps of breath, only to receive an annoyed groan from the pony on his back.

---

The ponies were aware of the noises echoing from the forest, and they knew that the wolves must have attacked the aid team assisting the business ponies once again. What they weren't prepared to see was the wounded black pegasus being carried on Blue Sky's back. The other ponies didn't need any other things to know as they quickly and carefully grabbed the wounded pegasus and carried him to the biggest hut in the village. Inside were five beds on one corner, and tables on the other, where jars containing different herbal and liquid medicine were contained, and a few medical kits. Cloth suddenly found himself lying on a bed.

Ponies quickly cleaned and disinfected his wounds as Blue told them what happened, with his usual exaggerations of the events. Cloth wanted to point a few things, but his mouth was being closed shut by two ponies cleaning his wounds. He could only sigh through his nostrils. He closed his eyes as he listened to Blue's ridiculous version of the story.

Now that he thought about it, it was probably for the best for Blue to tell the story than him. He couldn't just simply tell these ponies that he spitted slime, bit a wolf's neck, and other things. Besides, Blue's doing a good job revising those points he was worried about. Now if only he could tone down the exaggerations a little...

---

The large group of ponies were welcomed by the earth ponies of the little fishing village. As the ponies of the aid team embraced their loved ones, while some received a mouthful of concern to those who got wounded, the business ponies started to sort their wagons and arranging their items to sell in the village. Soon, the ponies were ready for trade and business. After Henry and Pearl finished helping Macintosh from setting up the jams, they both excused themselves as they went to the shore.

The two ponies allowed the cool sea water to touch their hooves as they quietly stared at the horizon.

"Been a while since we last spent time just by simply staring at the ocean..."
Pearl whispered as she sat down, disregarding the ticklish water on her flank and tail.

Henry followed, and his shoulder met the leaning head of his mare. He leaned his head on her as he wrapped a wing around her back, pushing her closer.
"It really has been a while, huh?" he whispered back as he brought a hoof and brushed Pearl's long black mane.

Although the place wasn't as quiet and private unlike in Seasaddle Beach, they didn't care. All that mattered was them at that moment, where they could enjoy each other's presence by just staring at the horizon, sitting on the shore, and hearing Cloth's name.

'Wait, what? Cloth?'
Henry thought as he turned his head to the other side, and spotting a few earth ponies, probably teenagers, who were listening to a standing blue pegasus colt.

Yearning for her stallion's head to be over hers, she brought a hoof on his cheek, and dragged it back on top of her head.
"And stay there until I say so..."
She whispered playfully. She exhaled in comfort as she closed her eyes.

'Cloth could wait, I guess...?'
Henry thought as he smiled and closed his eyes.

---

Blue Sky leaned closer to the circle of his friends with a seious look. His friends leaned closer with wide eyes, waiting for whatever intense action Cloth did to save Blue's pathetic life. He narrowed his eyes, and his friends' breaths became short until they stopped breathing.
"Those two ponies over there sure are sweet, huh?"
He said calmly as he pointed a hoof at the couple on the shore with a sly smile, only to receive groans from his friends, while others completely leaned further forward until their noses kissed the sand.

Already aware that the story's been put on hold, Blue's friends sat up and turned over to the couple. Indeed, the two were really sweet. Gentle Leaf blushed as she randomly and unknowingly began digging a hole on the sand with a hoof. Easy and Sand Stone looked at each other with knowing smiles, and they then leaned closer to the other two ponies' ears as they whispered in unison 'aaawww', making both the receipients, which were Ash and Dandy, blush furiously. The two took a side glance at each other, and turned their heads away from each other. Successful, Easy and Sand Stone laughed as they brough a hoof to meet the other, and Blue laughed along with them, making the couple-to-be ponies turn to them with a death glare. Gentle Leaf satisfied herself with a quiet laugh, making Ash and Dandy blush even more after seeing their timid friend teasing them as well.

The two blushing ponies awkwardly turned to each other, and then quickly turned away in perfect timing. Blue crept behind the two and hung each hoof on the two's shoulders as he pushed his head in between theirs.
"Better move it, you two," he whispered loudly, "or else those two over there will hoard aaall the ants around."

Both of his friends' heads turned to him with glares each, which he planned them of doing. He quickly chuckled, winked at them both, pulled his head away, and quickly pulled his hooves for his friends' noses to touch the other, burning their cheeks even redder than before.

Blue, Easy and Sand let out a chorus of cheers, and Leaf's doing her best to cheer as well, as the four got to their hooves and started walking away from the red-cheeked ponies.

Their glares ignored, the two ponies sighed in frustration, and awkwardly raised their heads up to stare at the two ponies on the shore, and then on the blue ocean, and then on the clouds, until they stared blankly at nothing. It was a bit quiet, but it was noisy inside their bodies, where echoes of loud heartbeats could almost deafen the both of them. Ash took a side glance at the filly beside him, and she did as well, and both turned away again with blushing cheeks.

"So, uh..." Ash began, awkwardly scratching his nape as he locked his gave on a wonderful piece of pebble on the golden sand.
"You uh... I ah...uh...er..."

"Y-yeah..." Dandy awkwardly replied, satisfied by simply staring at a broken piece of tiny shell on the sand.

"F-fo-for...how long?"

"D-dunno... You...?"

"Me ne-neither..."

Both chuckled weakly, not willing to remove their embarrassed gazes on their items of choice on the sand.

"So uh..." Ash broke the awkward silence of three seconds.
"...we uh...does that...mean...we're...er...um...you know..."

Dandy awkwardly nodded her head, as if Ash could see it.
"Y-yeah... I...g-guess so...?"

And they both allowed a few seconds of silence. It then turned to minutes, but they're not willing to make it to hours. Slowly, Ash turned his gaze to her, his cheeks still burning.
"Um..."

Dandy, slowly turned her head to face him, and the instant she did, their eyes met the other, and both were lost in each other's eyes. They were friends for a long time, yes, but never did they notice how beautiful the eyes of the other really were. Ash's deep blue eyes were like comfortable ocean waves. Dandy's brown eyes were so soothing to look at. A rattling sound awakened their hypnotized states, and quickly realizing how close their lips are from the other, and their soft breaths were aready touching the other. Their cheeks burned furiouly as they turned their heads away from each other.

A few hooves away, Blue Sky and Easy were killing Sand Stone for creating such a noise while the three of them and Leaf silently watched behind the barrels of the clinic hut. Leaf was desperately trying to top the three from making a corpse while Ash and Dandy laughed at them.

Cloth watched the six pony friends on a window where he's sitting on the side of the bed. Strangely, the scene made him smile. Ah, the joys and stupidity of young souls. Satisfied, he returned his gaze on the two ponies on the shore. Specifically, he stared at the familiar green pegasus pony. No, not familiar, he indeed knew who that pony, or changeling, is.

So, even his majesty found someone he could love. What's with ponies and love these days. Is it because it's spring?
Cloth thought as Henry and Pearl stood up, gave each other a quick kiss, and walked towards the newly formed market outside the edge of the village.

Cloth smiled. Somehow, seeing Henry being happy also made him happy. Does this mean he did a fine job of returning him and Miss Daisy back to Ponyville safe and sound? Maybe. No, definitely. If he didn't, Henry wouldn't be happy right now. But what of Miss Daisy? Is she fine? Of course she is. She and Sir Henry are probably not together all the time, if Henry is happy to be with that blue earth pony mare.

He saw them both helping a red stallion with selling some jars of jams. He watched them with a satisfied smile until he saw the blue mare looking at him...no, staring at him. He noticed her confused stare, and she quickly turned to the green pony, murmuring something. She pointed a hoof at him, and Henry followed the hoof's direction. And there, Cloth and Henry saw each other for the very first time in a long time. Henry flashed a smile, and Cloth refected it back.

----------
Part Three of Three
Sand And Bond
----------

Cloth, Henry and Pearl sat on the sand on the other end of the village. They allowed the calm and cool water to wash their hooves and flanks. They welcomed the salty and refreshing breeze of the sea. They also allowed the calm quietness of the area for them to recover from the emotion they were feeling at the moment.

Henry just finished telling Cloth the things that happened after he left them in Ponyville. Cloth could not believe it: he failed. He failed his task to bring them back together safe. He silently cursed his name to hell.

He felt a wet hoof on his shoulder, and droplets of water flowed down to his shoulder to his hoof. He turned to see Henry, flashing him a sad smile.

"It's all right, Cloth," the green pony assured him, "you don't have to blame yourself for what happened."

"I'm sorry, your highness," Cloth looked down, somehow he felt like he could not look at the green pony on the eyes. "I have failed to bring the two of you back safely..."

"Cloth, do I need to repeat myself?"
Henry asked as he removed his hoof from the black pegasus' shoulder.

Cloth took a slow and deep breath, closed his eyes, and let out a sad sigh. He then lifted his head and opened his eyes to see Henry, still wearing a sad yet reassuring smile.

"Cloth, really... Thanks to you that we even made it back to Ponyville. So please..."

Is it fruitless to keep this up? It has to be, since Henry's trying his best to end the discussion in a calm and reassuring way. Cloth took another breath and sighed. Finally, he nodded his understanding.
"T-thank you, your highness."

"Oh yeah..." Henry lifted a hoof in between them.
"Please stop calling me 'your highness' or 'your majesty' or any other titles."
He smiled, receiving a confused look from Cloth.

"Aw..." Pearl, who was seated beside Henry, pouted.
"I really wanted to be a princess or a queen."

"You're not helping, Pearl..."
Henry turned to her with an angry look, only to receive a playful chuckle from her.

"Uh... If that is what you wish, Sir Henry..."
Cloth bowed, and Henry turned to him.

"Oh, and stop treating me like one as well, Cloth."
He smiled, and it made Cloth's confusion worsen.
"You're my friend, and, as a friend, can you treat me like a friend?"
He extends a hoof towards him.

Cloth stared at the hoof for a few moments. He lifted a hoof and made contact, and slowly, they shook their hooves.
"But please, Sir Henry, forgive me if I'll still pay you the respect of one."

Henry rolled his eyes as they both returned their hooves.
"Fine, fine... I guess you got used to it."

"Indeed I have..." Cloth smiled.
He then rubbed one of his itchy wounds on his face. His black fur could almost conceal his wounds though.

The trio then turned to the horizon, and simply watched in silence, until Henry broke it.

"So Cloth..." he asked without any of them turning, "what are you going to do next?"

"I still need to stop that witch, Ch--" he quietly sighed.
"Like I said, I don't want her to cause any more sufferings to other creatures..."

"But she sounds so powerful..."
Pearl turned to face the two pegasi stallions.
"...how can you actually defeat her?"

"I have my ways..." Cloth simply answered, making Henry face him.
"And I have to stop her in any ways that I could think of. Even if it costs me my life..."

The trio fell silent for another minute or two until Henry broke it once again.
"So...you're going after her...outside of Equestria?"

Cloth nodded.
"Indeed I will. I will hunt her down, even if I needed to reach the edge of the world."

"Wow..."
Pearl whispered.
"All that for revenge?"

Cloth nodded, "for revenge as well."
He turned to face the couple.
"Miss Pearl. Sir Henry. I am not sure if you are aware, but I hold a great grudge against her. I know you are too, Sir Henry, but it drives me insane not being able to get back to her."
He took a breath and sighed as he faced the horizon.
"I can't live in peace without satisfying myself with revenge. I know it's wrong, but..."

He cut himself off when he felt a hoof on his shoulder once more.
"I understand, Cloth..." Henry lied through a weak smile.
"Just...be careful," he brought his hoof back on the ground.
"You and I both are aware of how strong she is. I'm not doubting your strength and skill, but, as a friend, take care of yourself as well."

Cloth nodded his agreement.
"I will. Don't worry. If faith and luck decides to bless me, then I'll visit you in Ponyville. Until then, take good care of yourself and Miss Pearl as well."

The couple smiled, and were about to nod their heads when they heard something was being dragged on the sand from behind them. The trio turned and saw a blue pegasus dragging a wooden boat, and stopped a few hooves in front of them.

Blue spat the rope that was attached to the front of the wooden fishing boat, and smiled at the three ponies. He then fixed his gaze at the black pegasus.
"So, who's up for an ocean adventure?"

The couple blinked in confusion while Cloth narrowed his eyes.
"You are NOT coming with me, Blue."
Cloth replied to the blue colt's question.

Blue pouted, "aw, com'on Cloth. Don't be like that."
He bit the rope and dragged the boat to the shore as he ignored Cloth's glare.
"It'll be fun! I just know it will!"

"Young pony..." Henry spoke, "...you are aware of---"

Blue waved a hoof at him.
"Yeah yeah. The danger. The death. The thrill. My friends will be alone here and I'll probably miss them. The ponies I knew here, I'll probably miss them too. Yata-yata, etcetera etcetera."

Henry glared at him.

"Anyway, I'm ready for all those," Blue nodded.
"And besides, Cloth still owes me."

"I recall teaching you how to fly made us even."
Cloth hissed.

"Yeah, that!" Blue exclaimed.
"I still don't know how to properly fly. And if you're going, I'm going with you until I learn how to fly!"

"You are aware that I can easily toss you overboard and leave you alone with the sharks, right?"
Cloth countered.

"Nah, I'm a good swimmer for a pegasus."
Blue said as he walked towards the black pegasus. He grabbed one of his hooves and pulled him to the boat.
"Now com'on! Stop wasting time!"
He said as five earth ponies arrived in the scene with worried expressions.

"Ya sure we can't change your mind, Blue?"
Asked Sand Stone.
"Ya know we'll miss you, right?"

The other four nodded in agreement.

"Sorry guys," Blue replied as he let Cloth's hoof go.
"But I made up my mind."
He turned and gazed at the blue horizon.
"I'm a pegasus, and I wanna know a lot of things about me, about life, and about places," he shrugged, "dunno, maybe it's my pegasi instinct to go around places. Maybe that's why we have wings? To fly and go wherever we want to..."
He turned to face his friends.
"And I wanna know my place in the world as well. I dunno why, but Cloth feels like an older brother t'me," he smiled at Cloth.

Cloth narrowed his eyes.
"You were eavesdropping on our conversation earlier, weren't you?"
He whispered.

Blue chuckled slightly.
"Thats true, but it has nothing to do with what I feel."

Easy sighed, yet he smiled.
"Guess we can't change your mind..." he shrugged.
"Oh well, we'll certainly miss you, blabbermouth."

"I'm not agreeing to this," Cloth said, but reached deaf ears.
"And besides, travel on a boat?" Blue looked at him, "it'll take us a month or two to reach our destination, and that is if I am unfortunate enough not to have my wings healed at that time."

Blue blinked.
"Is...is it really that far?"

"Exactly why I don't want anyone to come with me."

Blue smiled.
"Then we'll be staying here for a while then."

Cloth arched an eyebrow.

"While you heal, you can teach me more about flying! And then, once you're all good and ready, we can fly there."

Cloth took a breath and sighed in frustration. He turned to Henry and Pearl, and both looked away.
"You're on your own, Cloth," Henry whispered with a weak smile.

"Some friends you two are..." Cloth smirked.
He sighed as he turned to Blue.
"All right, fine."

Blue shut his eyes tight as he leaped in the air and yelled victoriously. Cloth rolled his eyes as he turned to his five friends.

"It'll take a while for me to heal. During that time, convince him not to come along, please?"
Cloth asked them, and he received their nods.

"We can't promise anything, Cloth," Ash said, "but we'll try our best to turn that idiot around."

"H-hey! I'm not an idiot!"
Blue said with a frown, and his friends laughed.

Cloth turned to the couple, and Henry flashed him a smile.
"Well Cloth," Henry spoke, "looks like you have another one to bug you around..."

Cloth sighed, yet he reflected the smile back.
"I suppose I do..." he whispered as the five ponies teased Blue even more.

He looked at the six ponies, and wondered what crazy days awaits him as he let time and rest heal his injured wings. He shrugged. He looked at the sky, and noticed that they still have a lot of daylight to waste. He turned to the couple with a soft smile.

"Sir Henry," Cloth said, catching the couple's attention, "I would love to hear a few of your adventures while you wrote your books."

Henry blinked.
"You know about my books?"

Cloth nodded, "but of course."

Henry smiled.
"Yeah, why not?"