• Published 10th Jul 2012
  • 1,435 Views, 20 Comments

The Adventures Of Henry Hoof In Equestria - destinedjagold



a sequel of my first MLP: FiM fanfic (http://www.fimfiction.net/story/34650/Changeling---Henry-Hoof)

  • ...
1
 20
 1,435

Chapter 10 - Melting The Ice

Chapter 10 - Melting The Ice

Henry allowed the oricorn's magic to hold Pearl as he, Midnight, Daybreak, Flame, Coal and Rose stood in front, preparing themselves to battle the young unicorn pony.

Ember and Aurora stood near the levitated sea pony.
They took a few steps back for safety.

Suddenly, the unconscious ponies lying on the dark floor were enveloped in darkness, and disappeared.

Those who witnessed the event gasped in horror.

The pale-yellow unicorn shook his head.
"No reason to worry of them."
He returned his gaze on the five armored ponies plus one yellow unicorn, all looking prepared to battle him.
"I simply took them away. You'll see them in due time."

"Magic! What are you doing!?"
Flame's necklace sparkled as the Element of Loyalty spoke.
The voice gasped.
"What the...?"

"The space here is unstable."
The unicorn simply said.
"Your voices shall be heard if you decide to speak."

Suddenly, the shadowy walls started to flash some images of them battling their foes earlier.
They don't know whether to put their attention on them, or focus on the unicorn.

The unicorn however, took a look at one of the images, where it shows them Midnight battling the griffin to save his brother Daybreak.
One of the images show them Aurora's mother, Sunset, battling the pegasus pony to save her daughter.
The other shows Rose, battling the oricorn to save the blue sea pony.
And the last one shows them Flame and Coal, battling the black earth pony to rescue Ember.

"These images you see..."
The unicorn slowly said, managing to catch Henry and Rose's attention, while the others continued to watch the images.
"...were suppose to be the events that have occured earlier today."

An image displaying Midnight, using the element to defeat the griffin flashed before them.

"Midnight here was suppose to defeat Helios and to rescue his brother."

The image disappeared, and then an image flashed where Sunset just used her element power to defeat the pegasus.

"That one was suppose to be a little family reunion of Aurora's mother and father."

The image faded into the darkness, and then the other image flashed where Rose had killed the oricorn.

"Rose here would have defeated Pearl's father, even without the aid of the Element of Honesty."

The image disappeared, and the last remaining image flashed before them, where the black earth pony decided to escape.

"And here, the doctor makes his escape, allowing the two earth ponies a free win."

And the image disappeared.

The oricorn wasn't sure what to feel that he was supposed to die at the hands of the yellow mare earth pony.
Pearl, despite the anger that was still hanging inside her, managed to give her father a hug. She doesn't know what to feel if she saw him die in front of her. The oricorn smiled and returned the hug.
Aurora hung her head low. A family reunion? Her father left her, and then a sudden family reunion?
Midnight and Daybreak simply looked at each other, not knowing what to feel that he was supposed to rescue his brother.
Rose remained quiet. What she saw will not affect her. She knows that she has chosen the right path.

Henry however, was confused. Why was he not in any of those images?

"As for you, Henry..."
The pony calmly said, managing to grab every pony's eyes.
"...you...are a mistake in the flow of time and space."

Henry felt a bit surprised to hear those set of words.
"A...mistake...?"

The unicorn nodded.
"Three years ago, I already saw the future; the future that I just showed you. But, during your battle, I quietly looked back in the past. Your so-called sister was supposed to survive, and you were supposed to die during that day."

A flame of anger was ignited inside Henry, but he's willing to listen further.

"Your sister, Daisy..."

Rose was startled a bit after hearing the name.
That was the name the changeling called her when he first saw her.

An image flashed in front of them, showing Henry's sister, writing a book inside the library, wearing a smile.

Rose's left eye adjusted, focusing on the image.
She really does look like her.

Henry's sudden anger was blown into sadness after seeing his sister, looking so peaceful and happy. A tear would have run down his face if he didn't wiped his eye with his hoof on time.

"...would have continued to live in PonyVille, writing a book of her dream, with you as her inspiration, and..."

The image before them shows them a red earth stallion walking beside her, and both gave each other a kiss.

"...she would have lived a normal happy life with a stallion named Macintosh."

The image then slowly faded into the air.

"...as I have said," he stared calmly at the startled alicorn-disguised-changeling, "you are a mistake in time and space. Your very existence ruined the already written future."
He shook his head a bit.
"But enough of that. What's done's done. Now, however, my plan will still come to fruition, no matter what course of time was taken."

"Yes, about that..."
Midnight said sternly.
"...you're toast, kid."

Daybreak gave him a confident smile.
"...I can't believe how much I've missed my stupid brother."
He faced the pale-yellow unicorn, and summoned magic around his horn and went to his battle stance.

The others did the same while Henry looked back at the others behind them.
He locked his gaze on the oricorn, who also stared back at him.
He smiled.
"Protect them."

The oricorn nodded.
"Do not worry."

The alicorn returned his gaze at the foe at hand.

"Magic... Seriously... Why are you doing this?"
Rose's necklace spoke.
"This isn't like you!"

The unicorn shook his head.
"That name no longer exist."

"What?"
Both Henry and Flame's necklaces exclaimed.

"Magic is...controlling that child...!"
Coal's necklaces exclaimed, her voice sounded shocked from the grim revelation.

"No! He couldn't! He...shouldn't..."
Realizing Laughter was right, Generosity grimly accepted the sad truth.

The unicorn smiled.
"I can see you are still capable of your magic."

"Please, Magic... Don't let us do this!"
Honesty pleaded.

The unicorn simply shook his head.
"No."
He slowly turned his back on them, and right before him, a large image appeared, where Equestria was now covered by white snow.
"How is it that the five of you can accept the reality of our world? This world is full of ponies, corrupt by heart, evil by mind."
He slowly turned to face them again.
"Tell me, is this the world we sacrificed our lives for? If I knew this will be the future of our sacrifice, then I would have left it with Discord's care! At least he can easily manipulate each and everypony's hearts and mind! Unlike us, sacrificing our dear lives for this!?"

The unicorn before them flashed great anger on his face.
The other five elements were left silent.
Henry, Rose and Flame felt the feeling the unicorn was going through.

Finally, Kindness broke the silence.
"Starswirl... Please..."
The oricorn, Henry, Flame, Ember, Midnight, Rose and Aurora gasped after hearing the Element of Magic's true name.
"...don't do this..."

"I have made up my mind, Radiant... Even with the five of you, you can't surpass my magic."
The unicorn once again turned his back on them, locking his gaze on the frozen image of Equestria.
"With my magic skills, and this unicorn's ability to see both the past and the future, I can see no logical reason of you winning against me."
He slowly turned to them once again.
"If I were you... I'd leave, and wait for the snow to melt. The Windigos will not see you fit to be frozen, anyway."

Silence has governed the place once again.

Midnight stomped his hoof, and he did not expect to create such a loud noise, but he didn't care.
"Do you really think we'll let you continue with your crazy plan!?"
He summoned large amounts of magic on his horn.
"Yeah, so this world's full of crap ponies. So what!? You can't just decide to kill every single ponies for your bright future, old geezer!"

"Learn your limitations, dear Midnight."
He looked at him calmly.
"You wouldn't want to accidentally hurt, or better yet, kill, your younger brother, would you?"

Midnight was taken aback.
"W-what are you talking about!?"

"Like I said, with this child's ability, I am able to see the past, and future."
He turned his back on them, and before him flashed a big image of two baby unicorn foals; one yellow, and one dark-blue, sleeping on a cardboard box in the busy streets of Manehattan.

Daybreak and Midnight were shocked to see themselves as foals.
What was even more shocking to them was a pale-red unicorn mare weakly watching over the two foals. She has a lot of bruises in her body.

"T-that's..."
Midnight's trembling lips managed to say.

"...mom...?"
Daybreak finished.

Then they saw a white pegasus, a pegasus so familiar. The pegasus lied down next to the unicorn mare, and nuzzled her neck.

"Sonic Wave...?"
Aurora asked quietly.

"That Sonic-dude's our...! No!"
Midnight couldn't accept the truth he was seeing.

The unicorn shook his head.
"This is nothing but the truth you are seeing. Believing it or not is up to you."

"That's a lie! That has to be a lie!"
He turned to Aurora.
"'Cause if that's the truth, then...!"

"Yes, Aurora's this unicorn's big sister."
The pale-yellow unicorn said calmly.

Midnight quickly turned his head back at the unicorn with a shocked expression.
Aurora couldn't believe what she's hearing.
Midnight's her...big brother...?

The image changed where the two foals were crying beside their mother, who was lying down on the alleyway, bathed with her own blood, as Sonic Wave was being beaten by a group of ponies.

Everypony could not find a single word to say something, anything...

"Sonic Wave was devastated by the death of his mare."

The image changed where the two foals were sleeping quietly inside a cardboard box, and the bruised pegasus was looking at them with a neutral expression. He then flew away.

"He left the two of you alone."

The image changed into the magnificent city of Cloudsdale, where Sonic Wave was talking to Aurora's mother.

"Sonic lived in Cloudsdale for years. Since he was born in Cloudsdale, he easily got a job, that he hoped would help him erase his past. There, he met Sunset."

The image changed where Sunset and Sonic were arguing inside a house, and behind one of the cloud-made chairs, was a little pegasus filly, hiding in fear.

Aurora looked down. The memories were flashing right back into her mind.

"Years later, their love bore a pegasus filly they named Aurora. But the day she learned how to fly, things started to get sour on their relationship. Sunset and Sonic knew about the strict rules of Cloudsdale about fillies learning to fly. Sonic was okay with it, but Sunset was not. She had a plan, that they should move out of the city of clouds, but Sonic disagrees, for he feared that he may one day meet his unicorn children on earth."

The image changed, where it now displays Sonic in front of the Cloudsdale trial court.

"After two weeks since he was imprisoned, he was also sentenced to exile."

The images changed where Sonic was getting drunk inside a bar, where a number of sexy mares were comforting him.

"He became a broken pegasus. Always drinking, always spending time with random mares."

The images changed where Sonic was confronted with a mare, using her magic to carry a unicorn foal, a pale-yellow unicorn foal.

"And a few years later, Sonic was confronted by one of the mares that he pregnated, demanding support for their child. That foal, was this unicorn before you."

The image changed, showing them a poorly built house, where the two twin foals were taken care of by two old earth ponies.

"An old couple found the two foals, and decided to take care of them, and with hopes to raise them as their own."

Daybreak and Midnight felt their heart ached. Not only that they need to accept that some ponies did took care of them, but the place the old couples were was awfully familiar: their apartment back in Manehattan.

"The two of you were named after their names; Crimson Daybreak and Midnight Star."

The image changed, displaying again the scene where the two foals were crying beside their dead mother, and Sonic was beaten.

"Notice the group of ponies beating the white pegasus."

After a few seconds of silence, everypony heard Rose's gasp.

The unicorn nodded his head.
"Indeed. The unicorn pony beating Sonic, is Rose's father."

The image changed, where Rose's father was holding a blood-stained knife, and in front of him was the shocked Sonic, and the dying mare.

"Rose Petal, the name of your mother, was also the wife of Silver String, Rose's father."

"No..."
Rose whispered.

"After finding out that Rose Petal bore twin foals with another pony, Silver String was beyond angry. He was suppose to kill Sonic, but Rose blocked the knife."

The image changed into a scene inside a beautiful garden, where a crowd of high-class ponies where gathered to witness Rose Petal and Silver String being wed.

"Your mother, Rose Petal, was wed to Silver String, in an arranged marriage. Silver String loved her so much, but Rose Petal didn't return his love. Still, they bore a foal, and they named it after the mare herself, Rose."

The image changed where Silver String led a group of ponies in the shadows.

"Losing his beloved mare, and unable to kill the pony who stole her from him, Silver String lost the sight of the light, and became the most feared crime lord in Manehattan."

The image changed where two young filly twins where beaten unconscious, beside the old couple.

"A few years after, the old couple were killed by Silver String's group of ponies. That was during the time he was testing his ponies to see if they were capable of robbing and killing."

The image changed where Silver String was behind Midnight, firing a brown beam of magic at the dodging Daybreak in a sewer.

Daybreak and Henry gasped, while Midnight was confused. He did not remember facing his brother.

"After a few years, where the ripples in time and space occured, Henry Hoof, a brown-eyed changeling, was captured by Silver String, and used his form-changing ability in hopes to make big money out of it. But a large number of teenaged ponies, led by Daybreak, has broken into his layer, bearing the thought that Silver String has his brother, however, what he didn't know was that the Midnight attacking him was no more than the changeling himself."

Rose remembered that event.
She even tried to kill the changeling there.

The image changed where Daybreak was enveloped by his fierce yellow magic, levitating himself in front of the thin Silver String in the dark alley.

"Daybreak, angered, killed Rose's father."

Daybreak looked down on the black ground.

The image changed where a young pale-yellow unicorn pony was taking shelter under a thin tree, from a rain.

"The unicorn before you lived by himself. Both his parents left him, hoping he would die in the streets, but he, however, tried his best to survive, despite his young age."

The image changed where the filly found an orb inside a cave.

"And here, this was the time we first met each other. He heard rumors that this old abandoned cave held treasure, and he wanted to get it so he could get enough money to survive, and he indeed landed on a treasure."

The image faded into the darkness.

"...me."
The unicorn turned to face them.
"The story of your lives is one perfect example as to why I want to change this world. In today's time, the world is full of twisted and corrupted ponies. No, I didn't mean those who are greedy of money alone, but those who are twisted, corrupted, and the likes! Silver String and Sonic Wave have settled their affairs after I have gathered them to aid me to bring a perfect world!"

"And that, my friend..."
Henry spoke.
"...is a perfect example of friendship."

The pale-yellow unicorn took a step back, his face wore confusion.
"I beg your pardon?"

"You said it yourself. Silver String and Sonic Wave, despite their past, have agreed to be in peace. That is a perfect example of friendship. That is a perfect example that even the most twisted, broken, and corrupt ponies, they still have the ability to change and accept the light of friendship!"
Henry spoke proudly.
"Sure, they aimed to achieve a wrong goal, but their friendship was strong, was it not?"

The pale-yellow unicorn flashed anger, and was about to speak when Midnight interrupted.

"So our family is full of broken ponies, big deal."
He turned to Rose, who then stared back at him confused.
"The past doesn't matter."

Rose was not sure if it was merely coincidence, or he really did aimed it at her.

Midnight turned to Aurora.
"What matters is the present! Because every minute, every second of it, is a gift!"

Aurora flashed a smile.

Midnight turned to his brother.
"And what's more important, is to live the present with the ponies you love!"

"You don't have to shout, brother..."
Daybreak said with a smile.

Flame nodded in agreement.
"True that, partner. So, the world is full of ponies like those. That ain't no reason to freeze everypony."

"There is always a pony, or even not a pony, who has a pure heart, and who is willing to help other ponies!"
Ember added.
"Their example will always be seen by other ponies, and I am sure they will carry that in their minds, and begin to hope that they too, can be like that!"

"Yeah! And what's important, is that everypony can smile and be friends!"
Coal added.

"So I really did lived with a lie, but that doesn't mean I should stop on believing in other ponies!"
Rose finally got the courage to say it.
"If my twisted father was able to forgive someone, then why couldn't the other ponies?"

"Give them a chance and they will start to change!"
Aurora shouted, now feeling that she should give her father a chance to redeem himself.

"And who knows, maybe one of them could be the pony who you'll be spending your entire life!"
Pearl added, making her father arch an eyebrow.

"The heart is vulmerable to change!"
Midnight shouted at the startled pale-yellow unicorn.
"Every heart has the ability to accept change, no matter how twisted the mind is!"

"Forgiveness and acceptance..."
Pearl's father added.
"That is important as well, for foes to be friends."
He smiled.

"Honesty, Loyalty, Generosity, Kindness, and Laughter."
Henry added as their necklaces began to glow in white.
"The elements that bring harmony in the world. These are also the elements that will bind every heart as one, for every pony to see that the power of friendship is as strong, or even stronger than Starswirl himself!"

"You dare fight me!?"
The pale-yellow unicorn filly shouted back at them, his necklace glowing intensely as his horn as well.
"You prefer to fight for the world of the corrupted!?"

"Is he deaf or is it only just his old age?"
Midnight asked.
"We just told him that every pony can change their ways."

"Ignore him."
Rose smiled.
"Old people are mostly like that."

"Ahem..."
Pearl's father said aloud.

"I said 'mostly'..."
Rose said.

Suddenly, Daybreak's neck shined in white, and what revealed was a necklace, mirroring the pale-yellow unicorn's necklace.

In an instant, Daybreak's entire body glowed green, and when it faded, he was now wearing a green-plated full armor.

The pale-yellow unicorn took another step back in shock.
"What is this!?"

Daybreak was startled, but dismissed the thought immediately and prepared himself with the others.

The six necklaces glowed with their respective color.

"I guess we now have a new Element of Magic..."

"The Element of Friendship?"

"Hello..."

"Whoa! It's a she!"

"Easy, tiger..."

"Right...ahem..."

The six ponies arched their eyebrows, but they then resumed to their poses.

The six was now enveloped with white light, and levitated above, as white magic began to lock the pale-yellow unicorn in place.

"You can't win against me!"

The unicorn's body glowed, and revealed before them a rainbow-colored full armor worn by the unicorn. His eyes glowed in white, and blasted a rainbow-colored beam at the six ponies.

An invisible barrier stopped his attack from reaching them.

"Starswirl of the Element of Magic..."
The six ponies and the six elements said in unison.
"You who founded the arts of magic, you who were always the wise, you who always tried to believe in a peaceful conclusion, you who always saw the good in other ponies...have turned to become someone who you are not. You believed that with your power, you can change the world alone, where sacrifices must be made to fulfill your goal. We of the Elements of Harmony will not allow your evil ambition to reach it's conclusion. Allow us to cleanse you from the corruption that stained your pure spirit!"

"Yes, I, who hold the greatest magic ever known, will not allow the six of you to stop me from cleansing this world from all the corrupted spirits. Now, you have made it clear that you will indeed stand in my way, I will eliminate all of you. It is such a shame. We could have worked together!"

The pale-yellow unicorn pony fired yet another rainbow-colored beam, and the six countered his attack with their own.

The two beams collided, sending a powerful wave of magic in the area, as they brought their force on their beams to push the other.

Soon, however, the colliding beams exploded, blinding the whole area with bright white light.

After everything returned to normal, the oricorn, Pearl, Ember and Aurora brought down their hooves, only to find themselves on the flat snowy surface, where in the far distance, a black aircraft stood.
The oricorn immediately casted a blue force around them to protect themselves from the blizzard.

Before them were the six wielders of the Elements of Harmony, lying unconscious on the ground, and a few hooves in front of them was the pale-yellow unicorn, standing and breathing deep.

Behind the pale-yellow unicorn was a pale-blue alicorn, the black earth pony, the griffin and the white pegasus, all lying on the snow unconscious.

The four could not believe it; the Elements of Harmony...lost?

Their armor began to fade, bringing a grin on the pale-yellow unicorn's face.
"Hahah..."
He laughed weakly.
"Now you see... I will---"

He stopped himself after he noticed something bright high above them.
He looked up, and saw a large burning heart, glowing and burning warmly.

Princess Celestia and Time Keeper quietly landed behind the unicorn.
The brown alicorn then rushed to his brother.

The strong wind was starting to weaken.
The cries of the Windigos in pain were mixed with the wind.

"Child..."
The princess said.

The unicorn slowly turned to face his princess.
"...Princess Celestia... Not you too..."

The princess flashed a warm smile.
"You have proven your point. There is no need to go further."

"But...!"

"The land of Equestria as received your message, and..."
She pointed a hoof at the six unconscious ponies.
"...as well as theirs."
She brought her gaze on the burning heart as she brought her hoof down.
"...The burning fire of friendship..."
She brought her gaze on the unicorn.
"...tell me, what does that mean?"

"Uh..."
The unicorn lowered his head in shame. He knows what it meant.

The princess smiled as she nodded her head.
"Indeed. The hearts of the ponies in this land has accepted friendship. It will forever burn in their hearts."

The previous fire of friendship died a few centuries ago...
It's probably the time for a new one, the unicorn thought.
He accepted his defeat with a sigh.
"I...accept defeat...my princess..."

The princess chuckled.
"Starswirl, you haven't changed a bit."

---

The land of Equestria.

Long ago, this land was at war against many opposing foes. The chivalrous pegasi, the powerful unicorns, the fearful dragons, the frightening changelings, the serpentine Discord, the fiery phoenixes, the icy Windigos...

The land has faced a lot of bloodshed, and I was there to witness all of them. Along with my five friends, we overcome all obstacles that comes our way. We have proven so many times that our friendship can win over battles, and even wars.

Only one foe has taken us down... Princess Luna.
We could not bring ourselves together to fight our friend.

Despite what happened, we didn't regret anything.

But, now that I think about it, has my old age made me forget the true value of friendship? Has my old age blinded me to see the possible spark of change in the hearts of each ponies?

I have come to a conclusion that it was I who became corrupted. I only hope my friends could forgive me one day.

Until then, I will remain hidden, for myself and for Equestria to enjoy peace.

I know one day I will be needed. And when that day comes, the power of friendship will summon me, the same way Friendship herself was summoned before us.

It's time for this old timer to take a long nap.

Forever your faithful subject...
The Element of Magic...

Starswirl The Bearded.

P.S.
Allow my five friends to rest in the old castle in the forest.
Please believe me on this one.
And no, this is not for them to have a private time alone.
How many times do I have to repeat that?

---

One month later...

---

"Ah still can't believe that awful snow disappeared just before Zap Apple Season!"
Applejack said excitedly, hopping on the spot as she waited to the Zap Apple Leaves to appear on their leafless apple orchard.

The weird thundurous storm from the Everfree Forest has already made its way above the Apple Family's orchard.

Henry, Big Macintosh and Granny Smith sat behind the excited little filly.

Henry was busy taking down notes.
He still did not quite understand how electricity can magically grow leaves on trees.
He saw it last year, and he wanted to see it again this year.

Finally, they heard a fierce zapping sound coming from every trees' roots.
It crawled up to the branches, and with a white flash, the once leafless trees were full of fresh-green electric leaves.

Applejack jumped so high. Every year, the Zap Apples always cheers her up.

Big Macintosh and Granny Smith shared a nod, while Henry groaned in disappointment.
That white flash blinded him from seeing exactly how the leaves grow on the branches!

He sighed, to Big Macintosh and Granny Smith's amusement.

They then heard a faint howl of a wolf, which immediately brought the old earth pony back on her hooves and ran to the barn as fast as she can.

"The Timber Wolves ah'comin'!"
She repeatedly shouted.

---

Henry joined Midnight and Daybreak, who were having lunch in the park.
They were enjoying loaves of Daisy Bread when a fast-approaching blue ball hit Midnight on the face, stuffing his mouth with the bread he held on with his magic.

Henry and Daybreak were shocked.

The ball allowed gravity to pull it back on the ground, allowing the annoyed unicorn to see the apologetic look on Aurora.
He angrily stood up as he spat the bread out of his mouth and chased the filly, who was flying away in panic.

"Yep... That's my brother..."
Daybreak sighed as he took a bite.

They both shared a chuckle.

"So, how's your work as an accountant?"
Henry asked the unicorn.

The unicorn shrugged.
"It's okay, I suppose."
He turned to his flank, where three numbers rest as his cutie mark.
"Never knew my special talent was about math."

He remembered earning his cutie mark during his first day of work.
That inspired him to continue to work, despite how boringly easy it was.

Midnight finally caught the pegasus with his magic, and dragged her in front of his face.
He was about to give her a mouthful of shouts when they heard soft chuckles of mares from a distance.
They turned to the source, and they saw two lovely mares sitting under a tree, waving their hooves at them.

A scarlet blush appeared around the unicorn's cheeks, losing his focus on his little pegasus sister, dropping her on the ground.

And as predicted, Midnight floated himself towards the mares with a stupid look on his face.
Aurora grinned mischeavously as she flapped her wings to make herself airborne.

"Well, that won't end well."
Henry chuckled.

Daybreak nodded in agreement.

---

A carriage stopped in front of a construction site.
Rose went off of the carriage, gave her payment to the drivers, and worked her way towards the engineer-in-charge of the construction.

"Ah! Miss Hammer! Good afternoon!"
Greeted the unicorn engineer.

"Drop the miss, or I promise you, I won't be in our wedding day."
She smiled as she nuzzled the engineer's neck.

The unicorn chuckled.
"Sorry dear."

"How are things, anyway?"

They both looked at the nearly complete structure.

"Only a week from now 'till the orphanage is complete."
The engineer smiled as well as the yellow earth pony.

Looking at the structure made her remember that day where she came along with Midnight and Daybreak, to relive their past memories on the abandoned apartment before they'll let Rose reconstruct the place.

It sure gave them a lot of awful memories, but it also opened some hidden memories.
Memories that they never knew existed in their minds.

They remembered the old couple.
They remembered the times they'd eat some soup together.

They could almost remember all of those bits and pieces.
They offered a quiet prayer before they left the place.

"Watch out!"
A construction worker from above shouted.
A large piece of metal was falling towards the startled engineer.

Rose jumped to him, grabbed him, and immediately did a barrel roll to avoid the metal bar.

Though terrified, the engineer flashed a smile.
"Saved by BatMare, once again..."

She smiled, and kissed him.

---

A loud whistle echoed through the grassy fields outside of PonyVille, where pegasi fillies were lined up.

"Listen up, squirts!"
Sonic Wave shouted for them to hear him.
"It's been two weeks now, and believe me when I say this, that all of you have made quite a remarkable progress!"

The cyan filly with a rainbow mane and tail grinned.
She knew what the next lines will be.

"And now, it's time for you to put yourselves into the test!"
He stopped in front of the center of the line.
He turned around and pointed at a small puff of cloud above the entrance of the Everfree Forest.
"The first filly to fly to that cloud and return to the starting line wins the hayfries!"
He then pointed his hoof behind the line of fillies, where Sunset was preparing the bags of hayfries.
"Of course, everyone can have a chow, but the winner will have the BIGGEST bag!"

The fillies whispered to each other excitedly. They knew that Sunset's hayfries is very very good, and the rainbow-maned pegasus is sure to get herself that big bag of hayfries all to herself!

Sonic saw Sunset, giving him the sweetest of smiles.
It almost make him forget where he was right now.
He shook his head a bit.

"Right. On your mark!"

The fillies prepared themselves.

"Get set!"

Rainbow Dash locked her gaze on the cloud from the far distance.

A loud whistle rang in the atmosphere, and the fillies quickly vanished, allowing the white stallion to walk towards Sunset.
He was only a few hooves away when a fast cyan blur landed on his back, pushing him towards the ground.

Rainbow Dash excitedly flew above the annoyed white pegasus.

---

Ditzy arrived in front of the library, where Henry was about to open the door to resume his work after his short break.
With her were five books, and all were the second Daring Do book.
One of them has a different cover than the other, indicating that it was the alicorn's personal copy of the book.

She didn't brought her little foal, to Henry's disappointment.
Oh well.

Henry invited his friend for a cup of tea, which she happily accepted.

Aurora immediately took the four books, stacked the three, and stole the other one and brought it to the second floor, where she settled down on reading it on the table near the window.

---

Doctor Magnifico Psycho decided to teach in Celestia's Magic School, in the subject of science of course.
He was on a wheelchair now. The elements took his ability of balance, so he will now forever need the aid of a wheelchair to go around places.

He didn't mind it though.
It somehow added to his greatness in science, and it also increased his determination to teach.

Twilight however, would rather study magic than science.
She boringly rested her head on her desk, imagining all sorts of cool magic when the bell rings, but then something called her attention, and it wasn't the bell.

"Miss Sparkle!"
Yelled the black earth pony.

The purple filly leaped in surprise, making her classmates chuckle.

"If my discussions are boring to you, you may head out of the classroom!"
He turned to the blackboard.
"Such a waste for a talented young filly such as yourself to not be educated with science! Aw...what a loss!"

The filly felt sad about her teacher's words.
"No! It's not boring! It's just...!"

"Not about magic, I know..."
He turned to face the filly.
"But realize this, Miss Sparkle. Not all magic-using unicorns rely on their horns."

"Huh?"

"They rely on potions as well! And where do potions come from?"

"Um... From science?"
She answered hesitantly, not sure if it was the right answer.

"Bingo!"
The earth pony exclaimed, surprising his nearby students.
"But we will get there in due time. Right now, you should understand a few laws before we step into potion-making."

Twilight smiled and nodded.
Science wouldn't be as boring as she thought.

---

"Father, I still cannot believe what you have done!"
Griselda shouted her lungs out at her father.
"I told you to put the butter first! Not the dough! Now look at it!"
She angrily pointed at the black used-to-be-yellow-white dough on a pan under a moderate fire.

"Ack..."
Helios sighed.
"Why is cooking so complicated...?"

Because of what he did, the griffins no longer want him to be their leader.
The griffins have voted Griever to be their next leader, but the griffin protested.
He will be their leader on two conditions, he informs them.
He wants Griselda to be his wife, and her father to stay in the clan.
The feather of Helios was already destroyed, and he has a disabled wing, and lost a claw.
The last thing the old griffin needed was exile.

Now though, Griselda's having a hard time trying to be a wife and a caretaker.
She angrily melted the butter on the pan, allowing her father to watch.

"S-sorry..."
Helios said in sadness.

Griselda stared at him angrily, and she then sighed.
"You know I can't be angry at you forever..."
She hugged her father, and they soon broke their hug.
"But you owe me Twelve Bits for the dough!"
She said with a serious look.

"Twelve Bits!? That's outrageous!"
The old griffin shouted.

The griffins near their home overheard them, and they chuckled.
They have gotten used to their father and daughter argument.

---

Rose stepped out of a carriage and payed the drivers.
She walked towards the gates of Manehattan's Magic School.
And whoever was the one who greeted him but the little pale-yellow unicorn pony.

"Aunt Rose!"
He shouted as he excused himself from his friends.
He then ran towards her and gave her a hug.

Rose returned his hug.
"Goldie, it's good to see you."

Since Rose was wealthy, she asked Sonic Wave if he'll allow her to take care of Golden Time, the pale-yellow unicorn pony.
Sunset and Sonic didn't see a problem with it, though, and since he was a pegasus, he could visit his son any time he wants.

"What brings you here, Auntie?"
Gold asked after they broke the hug.

"You were supposed to be home three hours ago."
Rose scolded him.

"Huh? Oh? Oh! Uh...oops?"

Rose sighed.
"Whatever, go back to your friends. I'll give you an hour, and THEN we'll head home."

Gold nodded happily.
"Thanks, auntie!"
And he ran back towards his friends.

---

"Imagine ourselves, brother and sister, dating each other! Eewww..."
Aurora stuck her tongue out at Midnight.

The unicorn mail pony was near the library's door, who brought some mail for the alicorn.

Midnight gave her a glare.
"I promise, you do that again in front of the mares I flirt, and I'll buck you to the Mare On the Moon!"

Henry rolled his eyes.
Here they go again...

---

Rainbow Dash was enjoying her victory with her friend Fluttershy inside her cottage near the Everfree Forest.
She was telling her about how fast she flew earlier, which she repeated for countless of times now. She adds some arm and wing gestures to emphasize her story, which disables her from grabbing some hayfries to eat. It would even appear that she has completely forgotten about them.

Fluttershy was simply listening to her with a smile as she and Angel ate some hayfries.

---

Daybreak was not happy in the slightest.
After enjoying lunch with his brother and Henry, he came back to work, only to find the whole town hall became a party house, where even the employees began dancing around.

And who else to lead the party but the party pony Pinkie Pie herself.
The celebration?

"Happy One Month Of Getting Your Cutie Mark And Your Job As An Accountant Party?"
Daybreak boringly read the giant banner hung on the ceiling of the establishment.

He still has a lot of papers to finish.

Suddenly, the pink pony hopped towards him and handed him a large pile of papers.
He was surprised to see them.
They were all blank when he took his lunch!

"Oh, silly!"
Pinkie chimed, making Daybreak look at her wide happy smile.
"I finished them all for you! You can't enjoy a party if you're busy thinking about your paperwork!"

Daybreak double-checked some of the papers...
They were correctly labelled!
How did...!?

The pink pony grabbed all of the papers, zoomed to his table, which was pushed to the side to make room for the dance floor, put them inside the drawer, zoomed back in front of the yellow unicorn, smiling as wide as she can.
"Come on!"
She quickly dragged his hoof to the dance floor.
"And while you're at it, meet my friend!"
She zoomed away, and zoomed back, now bringing a startled young white unicorn mare.

The party pony pushed her a little too close for the yellow unicorn.
"You can't dance without a partner!"

The two unicorns looked at each other's blushing faces.

Daybreak smiled weakly.
"A-ha-hah... Um... Hi?"

"Hi..."

And they both were lost of words as they looked around aside from each other.

This isn't good, the party pony thought.
And then an idea.

She zoomed to the music player.
She's not really into all of this romantic stuff, but hey, this party's for Daybreak, and he definitely needs a day break!
She slid a romantic tune, which quickly changed the atmosphere of the room.

Daybreak, realizing what was happening, blushed further.
He could just walk away. Right. That.
He should excuse himself first though.
He looked at the mare, who was also blushing as she stared at him.
Just. Excuse. Yourself.

"Um... Shall...we dance?"
He nervously extends his hoof as he slammed himself on a brick wall mentally.

The mare shyly accepted his hoof, and they soon began to dance.

'Mission accomplished!'
Pinkie Pie yelled inside her head as she ate some cupcakes.
'But all this romantic stuff's boring... Oh well...'

---

Aurora has no idea how she got into this mess.

The little Rarity has been using her as the one to test her latest designs, and she's not liking it in the slightest.

Wait, now that she thought about it, she did remember.
Henry gave her a letter he received from Midnight.

Inside the letter states that Rarity wanted to see her.

She used the letter as a bookmark to indicate which page she left the Daring Do book and she soon flew towards the filly's boutique.

She's going to get her revenge once she gets out of here!

The door opened, hitting the bells above, indicating a customer!
"Cooommmiiinnnggg~"
Rarity sang, to Aurora's relief.

At least Aurora can rest from posing.

"Hey sis!"
Midnight grinned as he took a photo of her wearing a tight blue swimming suit.
"You look incredible!"
He tried his best to hold his laughter.

Aurora quickly hid herself behind Rarity's mannequins.
"Get that thing away from me!"

"Oh? Do you like it?"
He waved his hoof holding the camera.
"I just got it, and it'll be pretty useful."
He grinned evilly.

"Honestly Midnight, it's rude to play pranks with your little sister."
Rarity said as she walked towards the pegasus.

"Yeah, yeah. Just having some fun, yah know?"
He returned his camera inside his bag.
"Still got plenty of letters to deliver. Bye Rarity! Bye, little sis~ter~"
He chuckled as he left the boutique.

"Ugh, boys will always be boys!"
Rarity said to herself.

'Okay, it is on!'
Aurora thought to herself.

---

He knew Aurora will get him, so he'll have a delay-revenge if she does get back to him.
He walked outside of PonyVille, and spotted her mother and their father.
He grinned.

---

"Now these are pancakes!"
Helios said as he took another bite.

Griever and Griselda smiled at the old griffin as they continued to eat.

---

"Mom!"
Pearl shouted as her mother already took five wedding gowns for her to try on.
"Dad! Help me!"

Her father only gave her an apologetic smile.
He did try to stop his wife, but her sudden joy of knowing that her daughter's in love gave her so much energy that she had literally dragged the two of them from mall to mall.

"Mom! Please! I'm tired...! This is the seventeenth mall we've visited!"
Pearl complained like a little filly.

But her voice somehow didn't register on her mother's brain as she was joyfully muttering to herself about how wonderful she would look. She already took ten wedding gowns now.

"I wish I never came back home..."
She sighed as her father patted her shoulder.

It took her a month to gain the courage to tell her mother she was already in love, and now, she regretted it.

---

'I wonder how Pearl is doing...'
Henry thought to himself as he began to write the second chapter of the third Daring Do book.
He gave it the title, Daring Do And The City of Atlantis.
It has a nice ring to it than the original planned title of the third book.

"HENRY!"

Henry shook from surprise, making his chair fall behind with him as the library's door suddenly bursted open and Aurora shouted his name.

"MIDNIGHT IS UNBEARABLE!"

"And I thought something was new..."
Henry sighed as he got back up.
"...what is it now?"

---

Frustrated that the alicorn wouldn't help her get back on the unicorn, she flew towards a nearby cloud to rest her mind, but as she flew nearer, a grin grew on her face.

"The perfect revenge..."
She smiled evilly.

---

Flame and Ember helped each other in carrying the heavy basket-full of grapes back inside their home, leaving the little Coal watering the roots of the grapevines.

Winter is fast approaching, and they need to finish the thousand-bottle of grapewine that was ordered by the Rose Industries in Manehattan.

"That Rose fellah sure knows how tah make a business, huh?"
Flame chuckled as they slowly puts the basket down beside their wooden table.

He quickly took the towel on the table, and wiped Ember's forehead, to her annoyance.
"Flame, please..."

"Now, now... No complainin'."
He smiled.

Ember rolled her eyes.

---

Midnight just gave Cheerilee her letter in front of the school teacher's door when they heard a voice from above.

"Look out below!"
Aurora grinned as she pushed the puff of cloud through the startled unicorn.

Aurora laughed seeing the unicorn slightly wet and shivering from the cold, and was looking angry at her.

Cheerilee managed to hold her chuckle.

---

"Crazy party, huh?"
Daybreak said as he and the unicorn mare walked towards the park.

During their dance, he managed to ask her name; Snow Flake.
It matched her snowflake cutie mark.

The mare shyly nodded her head.
"Ye-yeah... That Pinkie Pie sure is something..."

Her voice was very lovely to hear.
Maybe she's a singer, Daybreak thought.

They stopped and took a seat on a bench, staring at the fillies playing around the park.
Both were feeling nervous and uncertain about all of this.

Yet, it felt really great being with each other...but...

"So, uh... Snow..."
He has no courage to look at her, so he locked his gaze on the golden sky.
"What do you do for a living?"

She looked at him, and found him kind of cute, staring at the sky like that.
"Um... I...sing..."

"Really?"
Daybreak quickly looked at her, but they both then blushed, and quickly turned their heads away, feeling awkward.
"That's...that's great. Honest..."

Snow Flake smiled.
"T-thanks..."

Behind a nearby bush, Pinkie Pie was sneaking up on them.
'They're not doing a good job! I need to think of something, and fast!'
She sunk her head back to the bushes.

---

"EEK!"
Aurora screeched from embarrassment after Sunset showed her the photo Midnight took in the boutique earlier.

"Aw, honey..."
Sunset flashed an apologetic smile.
"You look really lovely on this outfit."

Her father, however, was not doing a good job hiding his laughter.

Aurora began to cry as Sunset rubbed her back.

"Hey gang!"
Midnight greeted them as he reached them.

Aurora shot him a venomous glare and kicked his stomach, sending him to the ground in pain.

"Serves you right!"
Aurora said as she flew away.

---

Daybreak has no idea where that rose beside him came from.
It wasn't there before, but it did look lovely.
He picked it up, stared at it for a moment, took a deep breath, faced Snow Flake, called her name, and shyly gave the rose to her.
"For...you..."

Snow Flake's cheeks blushed crimson red.
She extends her shaky hoof to get the rose, and managed to grab it.

Daybreak lets go of the rose, but it fell off from the mare's grip.

"Oh!"

They both said and they both leaned down to get the rose on the ground, only to have their hooves touch each other.

Their cheeks burned crimson red, their hearts pounding really hard.
They quickly retracted their hooves and quickly apologized to each other, only to find themselves looking at each others eyes.

'This is it!'
Pinkie thought to herself, her eyes wide, her grin wide.

After all that research and attempt to bring Mr. and Mrs. Cake together, she's sure she won't fail this one.

Their heads moved closer.

Pinkie's eyes went even wider.

Closer. Wider. Closer. Wider. Just a bit more.

A blue ball hit Daybreak's startled head.

The two unicorns turned to the source, and saw a cyan pegasus filly with a rainbow mane and tail taking the ball.
"Who-oops... Sorry..."

Pinkie Pie angrily went out of the bush and started walking towards the pegasus.

"Rainbow Dash! Do you have any idea how difficult it was to bring these two together!? Huh!?"
She glared at the frightened pegasus.

"I-I'm..."

"And don't say you're sorry 'cause you are definitely not!"
And she kept yelling at him.

Applejack sighed and went towards them to calm the pink pony down.
It was an accident anyway.

The two unicorns blinked, and then faced each other.
Both flashed a shy smile, as they moved their heads closer, and their lips met the other.

They soon, however, stopped after they heard two disgusted voices from the fillies.

"Come on, AJ, let's go away from all this sappiness."
Rainbow Dash flew away, disgusted.

"Ahm with yah on this one, RD..."
She hurried to the pegasus.

Pinkie Pie cheerfully hopped away.
"I'm gonna leave you two alone!"

And the two of them were alone on the bench.

"So, uh..."
Daybreak managed to say.
"Invite you to dinner?"

Snow Flake smiled warmly at him.
"I'd like that..."

---

Aurora landed on the sand quietly near Henry and the three sea ponies.

Henry just introduced himself to Pearl's mother, but the sea pony did not like her daughter to be wed with a changeling.

Pearl's parents swam a distance away from them to talk, leaving their daughter with a worried look.
Henry rubbed her long mane as he gave her a reassuring smile.

"She'll come around, eventually..."
Henry said.

"I sure hope so..."
Pearl said with sadness.

Aurora was not sure if they noticed her presence, so she sat beside the alicorn.
"Hey Henry."

The alicorn and the sea pony turned to her.

"Hi Aurora. Sorry if I closed the library without you."
Henry said, flashing an apologetic smile.

Aurora shook her head.
"It's okay. Midnight's been bugging me all day, anyway."

The three looked at the sea ponies in the distance, and from their gestures, they could tell that things aren't going well.

"What if...my mom will not let me be with you?"
Pearl asked.

"We've been through a lot."
Henry smiled.
"I'm sure something weird will happen."

Pearl chuckled a bit.
But he has a point.

They've been through a lot.
Maybe something will help them bring themselves together.