• Published 8th Jul 2017
  • 2,981 Views, 132 Comments

Equestrian Railway Tales - Sudrian Engineer



Sodor and Equestria, Two lands, different as can be. Once they are connected, friendships will be made, engines will be driven, and most importantly, fun will be had as we ride the rails of Sodor in these, Tales of Sudrian and Equestrian Railways.

  • ...
5
 132
 2,981

The Meeting of a Lifetime

A spotlight shone onto a stage as Matthew walked out.

“Last time on Equestria Railw-,” he said before Troy walked out and interrupting him.

“Uh, Matt, what are ya doin?”

“Reminding our readers of last chapter's events”

“Well, that's a good idea an all, but, uh, we didn't really do a whole lot last chapter. Let's save that for the cliffhangers, ok?”

“Oh like when we,” before he can finish a hand finds his way to covering his mouth.

“Ah ah ah, spoilers! Bad Matt! No biscuit!,” Troy removed his hand and smirked.

“Cinders and Ashes, you hand hit my tongue”

“Eew, well, anyway, back to our regularly scheduled story”

“Toodle pip,” Matthew then whispered to Troy, “Why the heck did you make me say that?”

“Don't blame me, that was YOUR author.”

“Ah don't you love Meta references in the morning”

“They're almost as good as coffee.”

“Yes, yes they are”

-----------------

“What do you mean?” Asked Twilight.

“I mean, that ah wasn't expecting you to be able to talk. Ponies round here don't normally do that sort of thing." Troy responded. It was at this point that Rainbow finally got over her shock.

“Alright, hold up! Who the hay are you guys?! And where are we?! Did you kidnap us?!” she demanded.

“Well, if by ‘kidnapped’, you mean saved you from hypothermia or bein roadkill, then yes. Yes we did.” Troy replied. The thought terrified poor Fluttershy. But Rainbow kept going.

“Wait, what do you mean roadkill?! I haven't seen anypony since we got here!” She said. In response Troy simply pointed out the window at his truck.

“Ya see that big steel behemoth out there? The one that says ‘Ford’ in the big blue oval? Ya see it? THAT'S what we saved you from.” he said.

“So you were trying to hurt us?!”

“What part of ‘saved you’ are we not getting here?!” At this point Twilight tried to step in to stop Rainbow and Troy’s argument, but neither one was really paying attention. Until a shout broke the argument.

“ENOUGH!!,” yelled Matthew, his autism starting to take over, “THAT IS ENOUGH. YES WE ALMOST HIT YOU BUT, DO YOU REALLY THINK IT WAS ON PURPOSE?? DID YOU THINK WE MEANT IT??” He proceeded to take a few breaths before continuing, “I was driving that thing,” he said pointing to his van. “If we were mean, yeah, we could have run you over or just left you there, but DID WE??? I'm not even that strong but my urge to makes sure you six were ok let me be able to somehow lift three of you into that thing and carry you into MY house.” He started to leak tears, “And, I don’t even know you, yet I still saved you from the cold and Stupid people. So as thanks, MY FRIEND AND I GET YELLED AT?” He then starts to fully cry and runs down the hall to his room, slamming the door as he enters. Troy let out a sigh as he took stock of the situation.

“Ah hell. This is as much my fault as Skittles over here. Reckon Ah better call the boss, let him know we won’t be able to make it today. Gonna take a while to calm him down” As Troy started to walk away, Fluttershy decided to speak up.

“U-um, excuse me sir?” Troy turned and knelt down to her level.
“Name’s Troy. What’s up?” he asked.

“Well, um, I-I was wondering if I could talk to him? I might be able to calm him down.” she replied.

“Hmm, sure, go right ahead. Guy’s got a real soft spot for small furry creatures, so you’ll definitely have an easier go of it than Ah would.” He then stood up. “Now, if you'll excuse me, Ah’ll be back.”

“Wait, where are you going?” Asked Twilight.

“Ah’m headed back to my place.” Troy replied. “Ah just remembered that I left mah special whistle and I gotta go get it real quick."

Rainbow looked at him weirdly and spoke, "What's so special about this specific whistle, huh?"

"A long time friend of mine gave it to me," Troy simply replied, "Right, well, Ah really better get going. Matt’s gonna hear that truck leaving, and it's probably not gonna help matters none. Just hope that girl can help. And we really need to do a meet and greet when Ah get back. Later.” With that Troy walked out and took off.

As he left, the girls started to talk. “I am gonna go down the hall and help the other human,” Fluttershy said as she walked away.

“You know,” said Twilight, “That human that just left sounded a little like you Applejack.”

“I reckon’ you're right,” The orange mare replied. Meanwhile, Fluttershy had found Matthew’s room and knocked on the door.

“Troy, is that you?” Matthew asked apprehensively.

“Oh, um, sorry, but no. My name is Fluttershy.” she said. “May I come in?”

“Why?” Matthew replied, “I just yelled at you and your friends, I am useless.”

“Oh goodness. No, you're not useless.” Fluttershy said.

“How can you be sure,” he asked in a depressed tone.

“Because no one’s useless. Except my brother.” Fluttershy replied.

“Maybe if I tell you and your friends a bit about myself, you will agree with me,” He replied with a sad tone before opening his door, coming out, and leading her back to the living room. Once he arrived he spoke to the ponies in a calm apologetic tone. “Hello again ladies. Before you say anything or call me any names that I deserve, please let me explain myself. You see, I have autism, specifically Asperger Syndrome…”

He went on to explain what autism was and how it affected him. Meanwhile, Troy had arrived back but heard Matthew talking and waited outside for him to finish. Once Matthew was done, the ponies all forgave him. After Troy had came inside, both men were forced explained the concept of a minivan to the ponies before they all go in the vehicle and headed of to Sir Toppham Hatt’s office in Vickerstown.

Author's Note:

Hey folks, the saiyan brony here. Alright, so, a small issue was pointed out to us in the last chapter, and I wanted to address it. Magi Tail Welkin made a good point that the Railway Series takes place in the 1920s, and Troy obviously has more modern tech. The reason for this will be a MAJOR plot point in the story that we shall unveil in Henry the Green Engine. Thanks for reading.