• Published 23rd Oct 2017
  • 4,617 Views, 546 Comments

We Need A Medic - Onomonopia



Fluttershy gets a new ambulance. And a giant robot

  • ...
11
 546
 4,617

A Good Spark

A Good Spark

The explosion had caused the base to collapse in upon itself, burying everything within it under thousands of tons of metal and debris. Most of the Autobot’s and Deceptacons had been fighting outside of the base. And thanks to Ratchet dragging Optimus outside just before the explosion went off, all of the Autobot’s had made it out before the base collapsed in on itself.

Ultracon and Fluttershy did not.

The two of them were buried at the center of the collapsed base, buried deep and under a nearly immoveable amount of metal and parts. It was a miracle, and the barrier of magic Fluttershy had managed to construct in time, that had saved their lives. Or at least, saved them for the time being.

Fluttershy’s barrier had been constructed rapidly enough to save her, but it had only partially covered Ultracon when the explosion had gone off. Now Ultracon lay tangled in wire and tubes, his right arm and leg missing, while energon seeped from all of the injuries he had sustained. His chest piece had also been ripped open, revealing his damaged spark and a pool off energon beneath it.

Fluttershy lay weakly on the Cons abdomen, everything feeling like it was on fire and each breath a struggle. She had completely exhausted her magic with her barrier and had nothing left, except a massive headache and a realization that it was getting harder and harder to breath. For a moment she laid there, the pain consuming her every thought, before she pressed up with her shaky arms and forced herself to stand so she could walk to Ultracon’s exposed spark.

Her muscles burned as she lowered herself inside of the sparks chamber, landing in a pool of energon that went up to her knees. One of the tubes that she had cut was still spewing out energon, so she staggered over to it and grabbed hold, using all of the might she had left in her to lift the tube and connect it with the part she had sliced it from, before using whatever scraps she could fine to seal it. The energon began moved back into the spark, even though some of it still leaked from the poorly made seal. Then she moved on to the next tube.

“What are you doing?” Ultracon asked her, his voice barely a whisper.

“What I promised to do. Trying to save you,” Fluttershy grunted as she grabbed the next tube, but it was slippery from being coated in energon and fell from her grasp.

“After everything I’ve done…kidnapping you and your friends, trying to kill the Autobot’s you care for…you’re still trying to save me?” Ultracon asked and for a moment he sounded like he was going to laugh. Then he coughed weakly and he went silent for a minute, a minute Fluttershy spent fixing another tube. “Why? I’m a Deceptacon.”

“Con. Bot. Makes no difference to me. I just don’t want to lose anyone else,” Fluttershy grunted as she reached the final slice tube, which was buried under metal scrap. She pressed her back up against the metal and tried to move it to the side, but it was too heavy and she was too weak.

“Sorry human, but you won’t be saving me,” Ultracon said with a sigh as he laid his head back and closed his optics. “Even if you somehow manage to fix the damage done around my spark, I’m losing energon too quickly from other wounds. And without your magic, you can’t repair them all.”

“How do you know I don’t have my magic?”

“If you had it, you’d be using it. Just let me go…it’s no less…than what I deserve…”

“Stop talking. Save your strength.”

“Say’s the girl that’s running out of oxygen. If you sat down and stopped exerting yourself, you might have an hour of oxygen left. At the rate you’re burning through it now?”

“I said to stop talking,” Fluttershy instructed before she realized that Ultracon’s spark was going dim. Horror filled Fluttershy’s eyes before she staggered to the spark, pulling herself on top of it and pressing her hands down on the center. As the spark went dark beneath her Fluttershy dug down, dug down deeper than she ever had before, a drew forth what crumbs of magic she had left in her body. What she drew forth could hardly be called a burst of magic, but it was enough to start Ultracon’s spark once more, though it was barely lit.

“You’re actually…trying to save me,” Ultracon whispered in disbelief. Fluttershy couldn’t answer. Sweat dripped from her face and each breath made her lungs burn, as less and less oxygen filled them each time. Her hands shook from exhaustion and she had spots dancing in her vision. Despite all that, she slowly crawled towards the edge of the spark and started to reach out for where the last tube was.

“Paintchange,” Ultracon said.

“Wha…?” Fluttershy weakly panted, certain she was hearing things.

“That’s my name. My real name. Ultracon…is the name I picked when I became a Con.”

“Knew Ultracon…was too stupid…” Fluttershy weakly mumbled in reply.

“I worked in a body paint shop on Cybertron. The new Cybertron. I helped bots that wanted to change their color and vehicle mode. After all on Cybertron we didn’t have vehicles to scan like we do here. I would change my body into what the customer was thinking about becoming so they could see if they liked it. It was a boring job, but I was happy.”

“The Autobot Council ruined it. They busted in one day and took all of us in, because there had been rumors that one of us was a Con. Turns out that the “Con” had just been me when I changed into a purple form for a bot to view. It didn’t matter to them. They took us all in. My best friend spoke up about the injustice, called them out on it…and the Autobot guarding us shot him dead. No one cared. That was when I realized how corrupt the Autobot council was…and how I wouldn’t rest until I had torn it down.”

“I escaped by changing into one of the guards. They thought I could only change my color, but they didn’t know I could change anything I wanted. So I slipped away, donned a new identity and found the remaining Deceptacons. I quickly rose to power for my skills at assassination and the war began once more. And then I found Soundwave, on accident, who told me to come to Earth to free him. If I did that, he would grant me the power needed to win the war. The rest you know.”

“Sorry…you had to…suffer. Doesn’t change…what you did…to others…” Fluttershy scolded as best she could.

“No…no it doesn’t,” Ultracon said before he closed his optics and his spark went dark once more. All Fluttershy could do this time was slam her fist into it and for a brief moment it came on once more. “Just wanted…to tell my story…to someone who might…understand. You don’t…see sides. You just see…those that need help. You’ve got…a good spark…maybe if we had…more bots like you…the war…between…would never…”

Ultracon’s head rolled back and his spark went completely dark. In vain Fluttershy reached for more magic to start it again, but she had none left. She left her arm to try and pound on the spark, but she found that her body wasn’t listening to her anymore. She took in one last breath, the last breath of air in the room, before she passed out on top of Ultracon’s spark, her mind going blank.

|]=O=[|

A groan escaped Ratchet’s lips as he came back online and the pain coursing through his head told him that he had yet to join the all spark. He slowly sat up as the world spun around him, vaguely aware that other Autobot’s were speaking to him. Then he remembered Fluttershy and everything came into a painful focus.

“Fluttershy!” Ratchet roared as he shot up, only for his leg to give out beneath him and he crashed back down. The two Autobot’s that had been beside him rushed to his aid, one of them being Red Alert, started tending to his injuries once more.

“Calm down old timer, you’re still kicking,” Air Raid said to Ratchet, placing a hand on his shoulder and helping him to lie back down on the ground. “The Cons base detonated and knocked you for a loop. You’ve been out for a while, but none of the damage to your head was severe. The rest of you took some work to patch up.”

“Speaking of bots that needed patching up, you’ll be happy to know that Optimus will live,” Red Alert told his teacher. “If it was any other bot that had suffered those kind of injuries they would be gone, but Optimus is as tough as they come. He’s offline right now, but he should recover. The girls are also safe. Out cold, but safe, even if Pinkie might need some minor medical treatment. You saved them all.”

“Fluttershy? What about Fluttershy?!” Ratchet practically yelled at the both of them and the two bots shared a look.

“She’s…still in there. If she’s still alive,” Air Raid said as he lowered his head. “We’ve been searching for hours now, but we can’t find her. We’re sorry, Ratchet.”

“No, we need to get her out of there!” Ratchet roared as he tried to get back up, but Air Raid placed both hands on Ratchet and pushed him back down.

“There is nothing you can do. There is tons and tons of metal covering that base and Fluttershy could be anywhere in it. At best, you’d just be getting in the way of the bots that are digging the place out,” Red Alert said. “I’m sorry Ratchet, but that’s all we can do for now. I promise you if we find her, we’ll-“

Then something in the rubble shifted, turning every Autobot’s optic towards the source of the movement. A panel fell to the side and a Deceptacon emerged, which caused the Autobot’s to point their weapons at him in unison. The Con slowly raised his hands over his head and began to walk forward slowly, making no threatening motion. He walked until he was somewhat close to Ratchet before he locked optics with the bot.

Ratchet narrowed his in reply before they widened in surprise. The Cons optics, the hole in his chest piece: it was the very same Con that Fluttershy had convinced Ratchet to save. The Con then slowly knelt down and lowered a hand to the ground, a hand that he opened to reveal Fluttershy, who he gently laid down on the ground.

Ratchet immediately pointed his scanner towards her and found that, despite all of the energon, wounds and dust covering her, she was still alive and breathing. Relief filled up his spark before he looked up at the Con, who turned to leave.

“Thank you for saving her,” Ratchet said to the Con, who gazed at Ratchet for a moment before answering.

“I didn’t do it for you.”

Then the Con transformed into a jet and took off into the sky.