• Published 23rd Oct 2017
  • 4,640 Views, 546 Comments

We Need A Medic - Onomonopia



Fluttershy gets a new ambulance. And a giant robot

  • ...
11
 546
 4,640

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

The Cons didn’t stand much of a chance.

They had been so preoccupied with patting themselves on the back for ambushing Ratchet that they had completely forgotten to check their surroundings. Even if they had, Optimus had been smart enough to have his snipers be cloaked and he himself had hung way back, so there was no risk of any of the Cons recognizing him. Pinkie had been left at the base, so the only magical source they would have been able to track was Fluttershy. And they followed the trail right to their own doom.

Four sniper rounds tore through the air, though only three of them found their mark. Three Deceptacons went down with their heads missing. The fourth had caught on to Ratchet’s words a moment before the others and had rolled out of the way, just narrowly avoiding being hit. The fifth Con looked around with shock and fear, meaning he took his eyes off of Ratchet.

Fluttershy had just enough time to leap off of Ratchet’s hood before he transformed into his robot form. The Con whirled around to face Ratchet in time to take a fist to the face, one that knocked him straight to the ground. The Con lifted his blaster, but Ratchet swatted the gun away and continued to slam his fists into the face of the Con.

The other Con was firing blindly around him, trying to hit one of the cloaked bots that had surrounded him. His unpredictability made it so the Autobots couldn’t stop moving to return fire, or else they would risk being shot. That was until one of snipers fired and missed on purpose, getting the Con to spin around to face where the shot had come from. And in doing so, he left his back completely exposed to the sniper that was right behind him.

Fluttershy had run to the edge of the field to avoid being squished in the giant robot brawl, so she had a perfect view of the last Con standing taking a sniper shot that tore through the center of his chest. The Con screamed out in pain as the sniper shot spun his body to the side and he crashed down onto a row of flowers. Fluttershy spent a split second deciding between staying put and running to the Con, but it was only a second. She then raced towards the fallen Con as fast as her legs could carry her.

With one last blow to the Cons face, Ratchet succeeded in knocking the Con he had been fighting out cold. A smirk escaped Ratchet’s lips as he rose back up, looking down at the Autobot prisoner. With all of the Cons taken care of, the Autobot snipers uncloaked and walked over to where Ratchet was standing.

“Put this Con in energon restraints and take him to Optimus. Make sure that he does not regain consciousness on the way back to base. Cover his optics to be safe,” Ratchet instructed two of them and they took off with the Con in tow. He then turned to face the other two. “Dispose of these bodies and be quick about it. We don’t want any human accidentally coming across these and revealing our secret. And where in the name of the Primes is Fluttershy?”

Ratchet found the girl next to the fallen Deceptacon. She was kneeling on his chest and was using her magic to try to stem the flow of energon that was leaking from his bullet wound. She glanced over her shoulder as Ratchet approached, a look of contempt on his face as he glared down at the fallen Con.

“Ratchet, we need to hurry. I’m doing the best I can to keep him from losing any more energon, but if anything about what I’ve read is correct, this bot is going to need an energon infusion and quick if he’s to survive,” Fluttershy rapidly.

“That is correct, Fluttershy. He would need an energon infusion to survive. I’m impressed how far you’ve come,” Ratchet said with praise for Fluttershy, but he didn’t move in the slightest.

“Ratchet, come on! We need to get him back to base!” Fluttershy pleaded with Ratchet, but all Ratchet did was cross his arms. “He’s going to die if we don’t do something.”

“Probably,” Ratchet said as he continued to do nothing. Fluttershy shook her head slightly in confusion, before realization dawned in her eyes.

“You’re going to let him die?” she asked Ratchet in a whisper. “You’re going to let another living being die while you stand there and do nothing?”

“He’s a Con, Fluttershy. He’s probably killed dozens of my allies and he would kill both me and you without a moments delay. He made his choice,” Ratchet coldly replied before he turned to leave. “Come on, we need to get our prisoner back to base before he wakes up.”

“No.” Ratchet turned around to look back at Fluttershy, who was glaring up at him with a look in her eyes she’d never shown before. “I’m not leaving.”

“We don’t have time for this-“

“We have plenty of time. This Transformer doesn’t! Yet instead of helping him, you’re letting him die right in front of you while doing nothing to help!” Fluttershy all but roared at Ratchet, who narrowed his eyes in response. “I thought that you were supposed to be a doctor! I thought you were supposed to save lives!”

“Do not speak to me like you have an inkling of an idea what I’ve been through. I gave you a softer, toned down version of my life. I left out all of the agony and suffering caused by the Deceptacons,” Ratchet replied in a whisper. “Like I said, this bot made his choice when he joined the Cons. He’s unconscious. He won’t feel a thing when he dies. It’s more than he deserves.”

Fluttershy opened her mouth to say something, before she closed it again with a looking of loathing at Ratchet. She then turned around and knelt down once more, placing her hands over a part of the wound and began to let her magic flow into the injury.

“What do you think you’re doing?”

“What you should be doing. I’m trying to save his life,” Fluttershy spat back. Her magic was wielding the wound together, but it was too little at too slow a pace. Ratchet knew that and he wagered that Fluttershy knew it as well. Yet she still continued onward, desperate the save the Con.

“The Cons have attacked you, tried to kidnap you and have kidnapped your friends. You owe them nothing, yet here you are, trying to save this Cons life. One of the Cons sent here to capture you. Why?” Ratchet asked Fluttershy. She didn’t reply and continued to apply more of her magic, but it wasn’t enough. “You won’t be able to save him with your magic alone. You know this.”

“Then what am I supposed to do, just stand back and let him die?!” Fluttershy yelled at Ratchet before she forced more of her magic into the wound. Wings sprouted from her back and pony ears formed on her head, while a magical aura surrounded her. For a moment the additional power seemed to be helping, but to Ratchet’s trained optic he could see that she was delaying the problem, not fixing it.

“He’s a Con, Fluttershy. Why help him?”

“I stood by and watched as Stickshift died in front of me. I would have stood by and watched as Soundwave killed you. And now you’re asking me to stand by and watch as this Deceptacon dies. The reason I’m trying to help him is the same reason you became a doctor, Ratchet,” Fluttershy spat back while trying to keep her magic flowing. “I’m sick of watching those around me die.”

Ratchet frowned as he heard Fluttershy’s reasoning. He understood where she was coming from, but he also knew that she didn’t have the same experience with the Deceptacons as he did. Her cause was noble, but he knew that the Con didn’t deserve to be saved. And at how badly he was damaged, Fluttershy wouldn’t be able to save him.

But then he turned his optics from the Con and rested them on Fluttershy. Fluttershy, a girl who had only recently learned about the Transformers and the war between them, was now doing everything in her power to save a wounded one, one that would die without aid. She was fighting a losing battle. The Con would die. Yet as Ratchet watched her fight even though it was futile, he remembered the first time he had been in her position. When he had tried to save his team from the Deceptacon toxin. How it had broken him when he had failed. And he knew if Fluttershy failed, it would devastate her far more than it had him. She didn’t deserve to suffer for being so kind.

Ratchet walked over to the Con and held out a hand beside him, before using his other hand to tilt the Con’s body so that Fluttershy rolled off of the Cons chest and right onto Ratchet’s hand. She barely had time to register what was going on before Ratchet flipped the Con over his shoulder and started to walk towards the rendezvous point, where the ground bridge would take them back to base.

“Ratchet…you’re going to help?” Fluttershy asked with disbelief in her voice.

“Yeah yeah, call me a regular bleeding spark, but I’m going to help save this miserable Cons life,” Ratchet growled, not happy with his decision. Fluttershy, however, beamed up at Ratchet with gratitude and pride in her eyes.

“Thank you…for doing this.”

“I want to make one thing perfectly clear, Fluttershy. I’m not doing this for the Con,” Ratchet told Fluttershy with a snarl. “I’m doing it for you.”