• Published 28th Apr 2017
  • 413 Views, 20 Comments

Option 2 - James Fire



At long last, Mana Spark can beat Sombra, but at what cost?

  • ...
6
 20
 413

The Tragedy

As we are thundering up the various stairs and ramps in the Crystal castle, we still look out and hope beyond hope that there is someone, anyone that can tell us something. Nothing. Nobody is here. Completely abandoned rooms, standing as they were. If Sombra is not casting his spell here, then where is he casting it? Maybe back in that cave. We did not explore all of it, after all. He might have built a spell-casting room, complete with shields and inlay crystal wire flooring.

No matter. We will find him, and I will destroy him, as I should have ensured centuries ago. Reaching the top of the castle, I use my Mage-sight to look around at the landscape. In the direction of the cave system, I do see a very bright glow. Probably a very powerful shield, or a high concentration of mana in one place. Looking closer, and probing it, I determine that it is a shield, and would block teleportation. At least, block teleportation through it. We could teleport to right outside it. Probing around the shield reveals that there is an empty hallway that we could appear in.

I address the rest of the group. "Alright. We need to get over there." I point in the direction of the shield. "Discord, are you able to teleport us and the Crystal Heart?"

He thinks for a bit, then says "Maybe. I have done the Elements of harmony before, but I did them individually. The Heart is much more powerful than they are. I could try, at the very least."

"Very well. While I am not certain I could do it, I should probably be the one carrying it. Unless someone else wants to do it?" Nobody volunteers, not that I expected anyone to. I am really the only one that has a hope of controlling it's power enough to direct it at Sombra.

"Then we should go get it. Shining Armour, Cadance, I am going to place Flurry Heart in my castle, so that you need not worry for her safety. The only way to get in is through the heavily shielded and warded workroom. My phone will see to her amusement and care. If you would give her here, I will be back in a moment." Shining Armour lets me take her, and I teleport away.

Back in my workroom, I walk into the main room, materializing some toys and taking them with me. "Alyr! I need you to take care of this foal. Her parents need to help me save the world."

"Yes, my King."

"Good. She has been fed recently, so just play with her to keep her occupied." I then teleport back to the top of the Crystal Castle.

"Now, we need to go get the Heart, then we can teleport to the shield. Discord, if you please?" He snaps his talons, and we appear in the courtyard under the castle. I look at the Heart, and see two things. First, it is completely genius in its design. Second, that it has more power than I do. I move to grab it, then instead place it into my magical grasp. Once I have it secured, I nod to Discord. I also notice how quickly the sky is darkening. I remember them saying that the Heart keeps the land alive, or something of that sort, and it would seem that the land does not want the city to be here.

Discord snaps his talons, and we all appear in the hallway I saw before.

I turn to look at Shining Armour, "Ready?" He nod vigorously, and starts weaving his spell. I ask each of the others the same, and they all respond in the affirmative. Luna in particular catches my attention, as I notice that she has at least a dozen spells charged and ready to fire.

"Well then, let's go!" I encase the Heart in powerful mirrored shielding to direct the blast. I then use a very particular spell, that is really only useful now. It makes a hole in the shield that blocks our path, and holds it open. I can use it on any shield, but I really only use it if I want the shield to stay intact.

Shining Armour moves ahead, and casts his shield, giving us a wide area to move into. We all pile in, but don't go on the offensive, not yet.

I look around, and spot another entrance into the room. I see some Demons guarding the door, and a pony being escorted through it. I see the portal just off centre of the room, beside a table, that is, unfortunately, covered in fresh blood.

"DETHON!" I blow our cover, not that it really mattered. We would have had to do a battle anyway. And from the looks of it, although it is hard to tell, the portal is stable enough to allow a few things through.

"Ah, Aurthur. I had expected you sooner. No matter. Guards, get them." And with that order, dozens upon dozens of the Demons start converging on our position. Before the battle starts though, I tell the others one crucial bit of information.

"Do not hesitate to kill them. They will not hesitate to kill you, and their essence goes back through the portal anyway, so you don't actually kill them."

I direct the path of energy from the Heart towards Sombra, and give the Heart a nudge, causing it to send a powerful beam of pure Light energy at him. I also placed a spell matrix on the portal. Just need to feed the matrix power, and it will start closing the portal. Anyway, it seemed that he was not expecting me to attack him so soon, cause the beam hit him full on. He went flying, and I managed to stop the beam. Or rather, I redirected it. Right into the waiting spell matrix.

The spell powers up, and starts closing the portal. I inspect the portal closer, to see if it is one of the special portals. As I am inspecting it, a Demon closes on me, and prepares to swing. I can't interrupt my inspection, otherwise I will have to start over. Twilight blasts it into next week, and back where it came from too. She runs over to me, "You should really look at what is happening around you." I don't respond, almost done with the analysis of the portal. What I currently have is telling me that it is one of the special ones, and that I will need to take drastic measures to close it, but I really hope I don't have to. Twilight is now just standing there awkwardly, probably waiting for me to respond. "Okay..."

Luna yells over at Twilight "behind you!" And Twilight turns to face a Devil.

I complete my analysis, and it says I will need to take drastic measures. This is not going to be pretty. I fire a spell at the Devil, and it devolves into a puddle. Like, literally, devolves. It even went through the other stages. And you know what? I didn't know that one of the ancestors of the Devils was an insect. They really have come a long way.

Twilight is speechless. "Uh, wha? What did you do to it?"

My answer is swift and to the point. Kinda like a javelin thrown at high velocities. "I cast a devolution spell on it. Now, I need your help to close the portal."

She seems excited at the prospect of helping me, but I would not be so excited in her position. "Oh? And how can I help?"

"I need you to provide some mana for me."

"Well, easy enough, I guess." She seems kind of disappointed at the little request, while I cast two spells on her.

I remove from my saddlebag a sword, engraved and set in the hilt is a blood-red stone. I move up to Twilight, who is looking away, studying the portal, it would seem. When I reach her, she turns towards me, but doesn't see the sword. I tell her that I am sorry, and wish I didn't have to do this. I then drive the sword straight through her chest, all the way up to the hilt.

The first spell I cast collected all the Blood and Dark magic caused by her going through a near death experience. I then collected it, and fired it into the portal. The portal closed near instantly, with me struggling to turn off the beam from the Crystal Heart. I decided that I still needed it, and directed it into a new spell.

Author's Note:

I am not sorry for this. well, maybe just a little.

Anyway, this is the original ending I had planned for this story when I first started. There will be another chapter dealing with the aftermath and full consequences of Aurthur's actions. Hope to keep you all here.

If you dare, I am going to give out a small spoiler.

Twilight doesn't die. (Yet [Maybe])