• Published 28th Apr 2017
  • 414 Views, 20 Comments

Option 2 - James Fire



At long last, Mana Spark can beat Sombra, but at what cost?

  • ...
6
 20
 414

Explanations

Morning comes, and I wake. I climb out of bed and trot towards the vanity. Now, while I am not obese with how I look like some people, I do care enough to brush everyday. Once that's done, I head for the door, and remember that Cadance said I could help myself to the castle staff. So, I wander around until I find a guard.

I ask, "which way to the kitchen?"

He answers promptly. "Continue down this hall, at the end are stairs, take them down four levels. You should be able to smell your way from there. If not, there should be a guard near the stairwell on that floor."

As I start trotting away, I make sure to thank him. Guards have a boring job, and must have plenty of patience to deal with it. The hallway is not that long, and I arrive at the stairwell within minutes. Per the guard's instructions, I head down four levels, counting them to ensure I don't go too far.

At four, I come out of the stairwell, and sniff the air. I do smell kitchen smells, or at least vegetarian kitchen smells. Meat has a very distinctive smell, and from what I have seen, these ponies don't eat meat. And from me eating it earlier, it is possible for them to do so.

I follow the smell down that hallway, around a corner, past half a dozen rooms, and then into a dining room, with a doorway at the other end leading into a kitchen.

I happily trot over to this doorway and peer inside. Chefs are just sitting around, talking.

"... and that is how my daughter learned to cut paper."

Seems like they are either running out of things to talk about, or this guy likes to hear himself talk. I clear my throat, and they jump to attention.

One of the other chefs speak up. "Yes? Are you looking for food?"

I fully enter the kitchen, so I am not speaking around a wall, "Yes. Cadance told me to just request food?"

"That is how we do it around here. What'll ya have?"

"Actually, I was wondering if you could give me a menu or something. First time not cooking for myself, so I want to know what you can make before I request it."

"Ah, well, for breakfast items, we got eggs, bread, jam, cereal..."

"Would you mind making an omelette then? And could you put some of this in?" I pull a pouch out of my saddlebags, and hold it out.

"Sure. May I ask what this is?"

"Just a blend of spices that I like." What he doesn't know won't hurt him, right?

I go sit at the table, and wait. After about ten minutes, he comes out with a plate and silverware.

"Here you are, and here is your blend back. I must say, it is quite something." He places the tray and pouch down on the table, "Do you want anything to drink? Juice of some sort? Milk? Water?"

"Do you have... Ah, what was it? Cranberry raspberry? I think so. You have that juice?"

"I am sorry to say that we don't. We have apple, orange, peach, Crystal berry, and mango."

"Peach it is then, thank you."

He leaves, and return a couple minutes later with my juice. "Here you are. Enjoy." He leaves again, and I start to eat.

While I am eating, Cadance comes in. She sits down across from me, and waits patiently for me to finish.

"What happened back there? Why does Twilight have bandages around her barrel? Where did you go?"

"Before I answer those, are Celestia and Luna going to want to know? Shining Armour, maybe? I should tell everyone at once."

"Well, yes, I suppose everyone would want to know. Fine, I will arrange for them to be here for when you are done. But we will want to know everything."

I just nod and finish my juice. I wait for Cadance to return, just twiddling my hooves. When she finally does, I stand, ready to talk or go elsewhere. Round the corner comes everyone else. Discord, Celestia, Luna, Shining Armour, and Twilight.

I am ready, and I address them all. "Hello everyone. Are we ready for the answers?" Everyone said yes. Except Discord, he had performers spell it out. "In that case, let's begin. Cadance told me a few questions she wants answered."

"First, what, exactly, happened back there was not pretty. In order to close a portal to Hell, most of the time you need Blood Magic. Now, I had to choose between killing myself, or near killing Twilight. Killing myself would not be something I am unaccustomed to, but it would take far longer, just to make sure the spell went on its own after I stopped maintaining it. Any questions about that?" Just grumbling, and muttering. Based on what I hear, they agree, but they don't like it. "Continuing with that question, Sombra/Dethon was captured. Not physically, spiritually." I pull out an angry black Crystal, with purple highlights. "This used to be clear. He has taken up residence in here, in much the same way as a genie in a lamp, until I decide what to do with him." Horrified expressions cross all the ponies' faces.

Celestia is the first to say something. "Isn't that considered torture?"

I reply, full of confidence. "Yes it is. But I am certain that with his history, he can suffer a little. Any other objections?" Head shakes all around.

"Now, the second question Cadance asked is answered by the first, so in to the third. I took Twilight to my home universe, using the Crystal Heart to open a portal. She needed to be healed immediately, and she needed some special treatment as well. She will be making a full recovery, except for maybe a small, unnoticeable unless you are looking for it, scar."

Shining Armour seems to be barely holding himself together. Luna is poker face. Celestia has a hardened expression. Discord is clipping his claws. Cadance is just staring.

"Can you make it back home on your own?" The question from Luna is not unexpected, but I wasn't thinking it would be asked this soon.

"Maybe. I would need to fully recover my mana reserves first, but probably yes. Now that I know where it is."

"Then maybe you should go. Violence is not needed here any longer."

Author's Note:

I'm sorry, but this isn't the last chapter. I couldn't resist using that cliffhanger.