• Published 11th Jul 2017
  • 573 Views, 15 Comments

Fall Of Dark Tyrant Eclipse - The REAL Mister Pkmn



For far too long he has ruled with an iron hoof. Those who have tried to unseat him from power in the past have always failed. In this world, there was never a Celestia or Luna- only the Tyrant who has ruled for aeons. It's time for his reign to end.

  • ...
2
 15
 573

Hearts Of Cruelty, Mare Of Compassion

The three intrepid heroes left early in the morning, just to be careful. The trio had a long journey ahead, but the silence between them was palpable. Though, Octavia recalled that Trixie and Lightning had shared with her something of their pasts, motivations, and dreams with her last night, but she had yet to do the same. She was a bit apprehensive about it, but she knew the logic behind it. Steeling herself a bit, she opened up to her companions. “I had no chance to explain last night, so let me begin with what life was like for me.” She paused for a moment, taking in the atmosphere of the plains they were travelling through. She perhaps did this to balance out the sad memories she was about to recant. “My life was a rather spoiled one, living in the capital. My parents were loyalists to Eclipse, and as such they wanted me to follow in their hoofsteps. I, however, was more in tune with music than anything else. So, when I got my Cutie Mark on my own merit, I half expected them to disown me. But they didn’t, for they had not the heart for it. Instead, they helped me run away. I’ve been on my own ever since.”

Trixie and Lightning were a bit shocked at Octavia’s experiences. She had been spared the Emperor’s wrath by her parents’ love for her. This new information only strengthened their resolve to set this world right, and as they traversed the yellowed grass, Octavia continued, “Presuming we win, I plan on holding concerts for the people of Equestria. I hope to ease the turmoil that might come with a void in the government.”

This was one thing that Trixie and Lightning hadn’t thought on much, but in retrospect, they really should have. If they won, who would rule Equestria? Would one of them have to take the reigns? It was a thought that disturbed them, but one they would have to confront eventually. As the Everfree Forest and Ponyville came into sight, Octavia once again continued, “As for why I’m doing this… It’s rather simple, if a bit selfish. I want to free my parents—and anyone else who is ensnared so—from the thrall of the Tyrant. It’s not very grand, but it is practical.”

It was a simple goal, and an admirable one too. However, the time for talk had passed as they reached Ponyville. What they saw as they looked into the town shook them to their core. Everyone in the town was being harsh and cruel to each other in everyway under the sun, from rude words to full on brutality no method was untouched. Some used unsavory profanity as their weapon, while others preferred actual weapons. The stench of copper in the air that came from the bruised and battered populace was enough to make lesser folk hurl. Many had bruises from the butt of spears or a swift kick to the side. Some had lacerations from the lash of a whip, or burns from the spell of a fellow pony. Some had broken horns, or plucked wings. No matter the tribe, none of the townsfolk were without their scars that etched into their very being. Frankly, it was surprising that anypony still populated this town at all. The violence was more than just pony-on-pony, though. Many of the buildings were worse for wear, because those that raised them back up just stop caring so much about the constant upkeep. What once were sturdy structures now were but shells of their former selves, dilapidated and ransacked beyond recognition. Trixie spoke in a hushed tone. “So this is Ponyville… the supposed area that houses the Element of Compassion, and a fellow Marked One in Moondancer. Keep alert though, something’s not quite right here…”

Lightning and Octavia nodded, and followed Trixie into the town with caution, or at least with as much caution as they could given their avenues of approach towards the town. The townsfolk seemed far too occupied with roughing each other up to notice, though somepony seemed to definitely be watching them from somewhere. As they continued on in hopes of finding Moondancer, they were suddenly dragged into a dark alley by purple magic levitating them out of the way of a rampant townspony that just decided to harass them anyway. As they were dragged away, they could barely make out the pink fur of their would-be accoster. Though, the figure seemed to notice that it had been foiled, and was none too happy. In a blur of movement, the assailant caught up handedly. Now, they could see her more properly. Her manic blue eyes popped because of her grin. She continued to pursue and leapt on Trixie, surprising her out of her disguise. The magic tried to knock away the pink-maned crazy mare, but she was tough, and held fast. In desperation, Trixie added to the magic and sent the crazy mare flying. Though they should have lost her, she soon caught up like she was only mildly inconvenienced. She followed like a mare possessed. Trixie tried spell after spell to deter the mad pony. Storm Spell. Dodged. Freeze Spell. Dodged. Fire Spell. Dodged. She continued to chase them through the tunnel. They were about to reach a open space, and a spell was fired at the crazy mare. “Calming!” The crazy mare blinked and shook her head, then turned around and galloped away. As the trio were brought into the open area, they were set down gently in a secret area of the town that nopony seemed to go near, save the one that came out of the shadows at that moment. From the fact that she was a light yellowish gray furred unicorn with red colored mane and tail that had a two-toned purple streak through each of them, as well as a purple crescent moon with three small pink four-pointed stars near it as her Cutie Mark, they could gather that she was indeed Moondancer, the one they had been looking for. She seemed to recognize them as well, given how she addressed them. “Well, what a surprise! Fellow Marked Ones Trixie Lulamoon, Lightning Dust, and Octavia Melody. I thought you might show up sometime soon. After all, you’ve got the Royal Guard in quite the tizzy. News travels fast through them.”

Cautious, Trixie asked the question hanging in the air. “You imply that you’ve been waiting for us. How did you know that we’d come here?”

Before answering, she held up a tourmaline with no luster or shine. “This is what I believe to be the remains of the Element of Compassion. I found it some time ago, and it shone with light a few days ago. When it did, it… spoke to me, I suppose. It told me of who you were, and what you had in mind. I knew that I had to help you get here somehow, but I had no clue how to do so. I tried figuring it out on my own for about a day, thinking on the logistics of it all—until the stone glowed again. I knew that my window of opportunity was short, and that I had to impress on your minds where I was. I focused, trying to will to you the information about my location. And surprisingly, it worked. You’re here, and now we can figure out how to recharge the Element of Compassion.” She then noticed that they did not seem to have the gems of the other two Elements that she felt activate on their persons. Concerned that she might somehow have the wrong ponies, she asked a question of her own. “Beg pardon, but where are the gems for the Elements of Devotion and Honor? Shouldn't they be with you?”

The intrepid trio were somewhat expecting this line of questioning, and they knew that the answer might sound outlandish to her. But they knew they had to be up front with her if they were to win. Lightning stepped forward, and touched her chest. Red light glowed around her, a bit to her surprise, as well as the others. The glow faded when she removed her hoof from her chest. They were going to say they didn’t quite know… But now, it was apparent that wasn’t quite accurate. Moondancer touched her gem to Lightning, and the glow came back with a corresponding yellow glow on the gem. The lights died when the stone was removed, but Moondancer then touched it to Octavia, and got an orange glow from her. She lifted the tourmaline once more, face strewn with shock. “You… ARE the Elements? Or, they’re… inside…?” She looked to Trixie, hoping for an explanation.

Trixie shrugged, uncertain herself. “Maybe they host their energy? Honestly, your guess is as good as mine on this one.” She looked to her two friends, then to Moondancer. “Whatever it is, we have them, somehow. Now, we need to recharge the Element of Compassion... any ideas, Moondancer?”

For a moment, all was silent. Then, a thought struck upon Moondancer. “Say, how did you awaken the other two? Maybe if we do something similar, it will recharge this one!”

The trio were uncertain at first, but then they realized something all at once. “The trials!”

Moondancer was confused at first. “Trials? What, you mean you went through a trial of the Element to awaken them? Makes sense, but… how….” She lightly placed a hoof on her muzzle. “Of course!” She lowered it, and proceeded. “The Elements are powered by the energy of performing genuine acts that line up with what they represent!” She then screwed her face in confusion. “But wait, if that’s the case, then why isn’t the Element of Compassion charged already? I saved you from your assailant with pure intent, not even knowing who you were when I did it!”

They were stumped for a while, trying to figure it out. That was until a yelling mare leapt from the top of the building- the same crazy pink mare from before. One of her eyes was twitching. Her grin was even wider, if that was possible. Then she spoke. “H~I!” She giggled in a disturbing way, a twisted version of an innocent child’s laughter. “I’m Pinkamina~! I’ll be your best friend!” She lunged at the group, causing them to scatter.

Trixie looked to the others. “Well this wasn’t quite what I thought would happen… Any ideas?”

Pinkamina attacked again, the group dodging barely. Lightning yelled out what they all were thinking: “RUN!”

The quartet went into the alleyway once more, Pinkamina close behind. They concentrated on getting away from her, but she just wouldn’t let up. “Aw~! Come on~! Play with me~!” She continued her pursuit much easier this time, mostly because the four of them could not afford to slow down and attack her. The alleyway seemed longer than before, but that was probably mostly because of their panic. Pinkamina decided to taunt them again. “Ooh, going a new way? This isn’t the way you entered…” They hadn’t noticed at first, but what she said was true- they didn’t recognize where they were. Had they taken a wrong turn in their haste? Regardless, they could hardly turn back with her on their tail. But then, they seemed to get a boon. For in her single-minded determination to catch them, Pinkamina failed to notice a nasty fall. “Wah!” She tumbled, bruising herself up rather badly, one of her legs getting stuck in a wall.

The four of them stopped. They knew that they could leave, but… they couldn’t just leave her like this, even when she had attacked them. Octavia and Lightning went to work on getting Pinkamina’s leg out of the busted wall, while Trixie and Moondancer did their best to ease her pain. She looked at each of them like they had each grown a second head. Why were they being so… nice? All she’d done was try and hurt them… They got her unstuck, and helped her back to town- much to the surprise of all the townsfolk. They had never seen such an act of kindness in their entire lives. They looked one another, a strange feeling filling their chests. They then saw Moondancer’s stone break, the light whisping into her body. She shrugged, uncertain what to think. They discussed where they thought the other Elements might be before turning in for the night.


Sneaking away, Commander Chromablade considered what he had witnessed. It wasn’t possible. The Elements of Harmony were being gathered by those Marked Ones? Not to mention the high alert in the Capital regarding the statue of the foolish Trigem. It had a quite few cracks, now. Chromablade had his suspicions, and now he was certain what was going on. The statue was reacting to the awakening of the Elements- Heck, he wouldn’t be surprised if it had a few new cracks now. This was certainly troubling. It was bad enough that the Marked Ones were gathering. It was worse that they were finding the Elements of Harmony and awakening them. But if he came back? Heads would spin. Chromablade knew what he had to do, but… what was this nagging inside, telling him he should hold? He shook his head. No. That girl would not sway him. His duty, his honor, and his chivalry was to Crown and Country- and nothing else. He turned away, and teleported into the night.

Author's Note:

The plot thickens! Three Elements have been gathered, but now they're in real hot water! Next chapter, we go to the Badlands! Thanks for editing goes to Everfree Pony.