• Published 11th Jul 2017
  • 575 Views, 15 Comments

Fall Of Dark Tyrant Eclipse - The REAL Mister Pkmn



For far too long he has ruled with an iron hoof. Those who have tried to unseat him from power in the past have always failed. In this world, there was never a Celestia or Luna- only the Tyrant who has ruled for aeons. It's time for his reign to end.

  • ...
2
 15
 575

Isolationists Abound, Connections Found

The intrepid group of friends travelled for same time so they could finally get to Canterlot. Sappiron had listened quietly to the others as he adjusted to travelling with them. It was a strange feeling, being on the side of the ones that not so long ago he had considered enemies. He saw Trixie turn to him, and take him aside. “So, I know that you’re doing this for justice or vengeance, but… what will you do when this is over?”

Sapphiron pondered for a while before answering. “I don’t know, exactly. I know one thing that I need to do is to continue the family line, but aside from that… I don’t know. I could travel until I find what I want from this new life, I suppose. Maybe help reconstruct society or something.” He chuckled softly. “Maybe somewhere along my travels I’ll find somebody to be with romantically. You never know what the future may have in store.”

Trixie nodded. He may have been their enemy a while back, but he had a decent head on his shoulders. She smiled. “Well, just keep in touch with us, alright? We don’t want this alliance to crumble just because of distance. Promise that you’ll keep in touch?”

A smile grew on his face as he gave her a nod. “Promise.” He then led them to an alleyway, and lit his horn. “Now, I know where he’s keeping the Element of Magic. It’s going to be crawling with guards, so we have to be careful.” He cloaked himself with his magic, and he took the guise of Chromablade once more. He looked to them with a mischievous smirk. “Luck has it that it’s near the prison. I’ll act like I’ve ‘captured’ you, and escort you there.” He took some hoofcuffs out of a bag he summoned. “I’m going to have to have you play along. I’ve got the key for these in my mane. Just act natural and it should all go smoothly.”

Lightning quirked an eyebrow “No offence, but is that necessary? Couldn’t we just use Trixie’s illusion magic to hide us?”

Sapphiron shook his head. “No dice. The guards are all high-level unicorns who can detect illusion magic. The magic I used to make myself look like this is polymorph, so it won’t be detected. This is our only shot at fooling them. I know you don’t exactly like it, but you just trust me.” He looked at each of the others individually. “Any other objections that I should be made aware of at this time?” The girls discussed it for a while, but eventually all agreed to Sapphiron’s little plan. He linked them all in a chain, and took out two magic dampeners, and placed them around Trixie’s and Moondancer’s horns. He sighed. “Sorry about that. Have to be thorough, lest we get caught. Now, just keep calm. I know these guys.” He then proceeded to walk up to one of the guards. “Hello, Ironclad. I’ve come to bring these traitors to the prison, on orders from His Majesty. Permit us passage.”

The unicorn turned to look, and stood at attention. “Commander! The King got worried when you had disappeared. He would see you at once, sir!”

Sapphiron raised an eyebrow. “He would? Surely he would understand if I complete my orders first? He has been such in the past. Now, if you would excuse me-”

It was then that they found themselves surrounded. Ironclad shook his head. “Don’t try that, Commander. We have strict orders to bring you to His Majesty straight away… along with those you abandoned the crown for.”

Sapphiron looked around as the guards drew close, a grimace upon his face. “No chance of me parlaying my way out of this, I suppose.” He shook his head. “Very well. We will go quietly.” As the group was escorted, Sapphiron unlocked the cuffs on the girls’ hooves. “Sorry to put you through that for nothing. Should’ve known that they would be able to tell if I wasn’t sincere… guess it didn’t occur to me.”

Trixie laid a hoof upon his back. “It’s alright. No harm done. Maybe this will all work out.”

They were escorted to the throne room, and let inside. Eclipse turned to look at them, and frowned. “Chromablade. So you have deserted us. No matter. It is far too late now.”

Sapphiron shook his head as he let go of the polymorph. “Not on my watch! We will beat you, no matter what it takes!”

Surprise went across Ellipse's face for a brief moment. “So you found out the truth…” He chuckled. “Not that it helps you.”

Trixie stepped forward, her friends at her side. “Your defeat is nigh, Eclipse! Your reign of terror ends now!”

Eclipse took a look at the seven intrepid Heroes, and gave a hearty laugh. "You really think that you can defeat me? How adorable." He shook his head, and pulled out an amethyst. He smirked as he saw their reactions. “The Element of Magic… the cornerstone, the last piece that you need. Watch it be taken from you forever!” He then placed it down upon the ground, and smashed it under his hoof into countless shards. His grin grew as he heard them all gasp simultaneously. “Now with this act, there is nothing left that you can do to stop me!”

As Eclipse basked in his supposed victory, Trixie scanned her friend’s faces. All were slightly disheartened, but somehow still held to some kind of hope that they would prevail. She saw what she had been missing the entire time. She chuckled softly, and shook her head. “No, you’re overlooking something crucial, Eclipse. Each of us has passed a test, to bear the Element that syncs with our person. All, save me. Each element flows into the next, and they all flow back into one another. I see now that that is the true magic of the Elements. Not some literal spell, but the bonds of camaraderie that tie the wielders together!” A purple glow coalesced around her form as the colors of the other Elements hummed in sync with their wielders.

Eclipse stepped back, eyes wide with panic. “No! This can not be true! This can not be happening! How are you doing this!? HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE!? HOOOOOOOOOW!?

Trixie looked to the others as they rose into the air as one. They turned to look upon Eclipse, and spoke in one voice. “Because Friendship is what brings us together, and will flow across this land to heal it! Face the true magic of the land!” Rainbow light expanded from them as Eclipse howled in agony. The light grew, faster and faster, and it soon encompassed all Equestria. And then, the light settled and all was calm as Trixie looked around. “Is everypony alright?”

Lightning looked elated. “Yeah! We kicked him to the curb!”

Octavia smirked lightly. “I am alright, perhaps better.”

Moondancer stretched her muscles. “I am quite alright.”

Flutterbat sighed with relief. “It’s over. Finally…”

Screwball was jumping for joy. “Oh, daddy would be so proud!”

Trixie turned to see Sapphiron, a stoic look on his face. “Are you alright?”

He turned slowly, and a smile grew. “He’s gone. The only father figure I ever knew… Not that he was much of one to me anyway. Equestria now has time to heal, though it may drift aimlessly for a while…” He turned away and sighed. “I can’t sit around and do nothing about that. I have to travel, to see this world heal with my own eyes.” He stepped away from the girls. “I believe this is where I say farewell, for now.”

Lightning shook her head. “You crazy? We’re coming with!”

Octavia huffed irritably. “If you think that you’re getting rid of us that easily, you have another thing coming.”

Moondancer gave a gentle smile. “Who said it has to be that way? We can do this together.”

Flutterbat shook her head. “No, we won’t leave you now. Not just when we were becoming good friends…”

Screwball giggled. “You’re crazier than me if you think that we’d let you go alone!”

Trixie placed a hoof on his shoulder. “I know that you have… concerns, but it’s all water under the bridge. We can do this better together than you could alone. What do you say?”

Sapphiron looked at each of them in turn, and smiled. “C’mere, you guys. Group hug.” As they held each other close, he looked around. He’d never imagined that something like this could happen, yet here he was. Not long ago he would’ve insisted that he would hunt these girls down to bring them in, but now nothing could be further from his thoughts. He turned to look at Trixie. What was it about her that had gotten him to reconsider? Sure the others had played some part, but she was the main focus. Maybe this extended trip would give him some clarity on that front…

The End…?

Author's Note:

Now that the battle is over, there is only one thing left...