• Published 11th Jul 2017
  • 575 Views, 15 Comments

Fall Of Dark Tyrant Eclipse - The REAL Mister Pkmn



For far too long he has ruled with an iron hoof. Those who have tried to unseat him from power in the past have always failed. In this world, there was never a Celestia or Luna- only the Tyrant who has ruled for aeons. It's time for his reign to end.

  • ...
2
 15
 575

Air Of Despair, Stallion Of Empowerment

The trek to the Frozen North was long and arduous, giving ample opportunity for the girls to bond further. There were many stories passed around from all sides, and it drew them close together. But they fell silent once more as they reached the Frozen North. On the edge was Chromablade, facing towards a gravestone. Before any of them could speak, he spoke of the one buried there. “Covellite Lapis Amethyst. The Trigem that tried to set us all free from Eclipse’s rule. Some thought him the last. They were wrong. Though he was sealed in muted gray crystal, his legacy lived on.
“The Trigems survived for quite a long time after his imprisonment. It was almost twenty years ago that all the Trigems were thought to finally be destroyed. This year, though… something changed. Covellite broke his prison, but he was weak. He wouldn’t be able to fight Eclipse again, even if he tried. So, he tried to find a descendant of his, but… he’d no luck at first.
“He found me yesterday, after I‘d learned something disturbing about how Eclipse came to find me. And when he saw me… he knew me. Covellite approached me, and spoke on how he was glad to have found me.
“At first, I was confused. Why would he be so elated to find me? But then, it hit me. He thought I was descended from him. I almost dismissed the idea outright, but then I recalled that Eclipse’d taken me from my home, wiped my memory, and given me a new Cutie Mark to replace my old one. I asked him how I could learn if I was a Trigem, like he thought I was. He said to go to the Frozen North Ruins, and find the crystal tablet. I did as he instructed, taking him with me. If I was one, he deserved to see that for himself before he died.
“The trip through the ruins was arduous. Traps and dead ends abounded, but I eventually made my way to the ruined throne room with Covellite in tow. I made my way towards the crystal tablet, apprehensive at first. What if Covellite was wrong? What if I was just some random schmuck that had no connection to the Trigems? If that was the last knowledge to enter his mind, it’d likely destroy him. But regardless of that… I had to have answers. So, I reached towards the tablet.”

Trixie tilted her head in confusion. He’d stopped so abruptly, it was kind of odd. “What happened next? Did it show you something? Did it react to you? What?”

He sighed, and jerked his head into the ruins. “Follow me. Words cannot fully explain what happened when I touched it… you’ll have to see for yourselves to understand what happened.” The girls complied, following Chromablade as he led them through the defunct ruins. There were many traps, but they all were busted beyond recognition. Eventually, through the many labyrinthine paths, they found their way into what once was a throne room. The throne was shattered to bits and covered in snow, and the many tapestries of the room were so old that they were faded and torn beyond recognition. However, one thing in the room remained intact, a crystal tablet that hung on the wall. It’d strange glyphs written upon it that the girls could not decipher.

Chromablade approached the tablet, and he began to resonate with it. He was surrounded by bright light, and slowly lifted off the ground. Then, a voice filled the room as his form shifted. “Welcome home.” Chromablade stood tall as his coat became lighter in color, and shone like crystal. The voice continued. “Take your rightful name. For you are the one of Sapphire, as the blue ocean.” His right eye shifted to a pure crystalline blue. “For you are the one of Ruby, for reddest passion.” The brown part of his mane shifted to become a ruby red. “For you are the one of Emerald, as the green of the forest.” His left eye became pure green, and now shone like crystal. “Go forth, Sapphiron Rubius Emerald, and bring our family back from the brink.” His tail grew brighter in hue as the light started to die down, and now shone like crystal.

He turned to face the girls. “This is who I am. The last of my kind. Eclipse tried keeping me from it…” He turned away, a dejected look on his face. “I know that I fought you before, but this has changed everything. I know it asks much, but please…” He turned to face them again, and held aloft a covelite. “Let me prove that I’m sincere, then. This gem’s the Element of Empowerment. I’ll pass the trial for it, and then we’ll go to Canterlot to awaken the Element of Magic to defeat Eclipse.” He then started to leave the room, and beckoned them once more. “Come, follow. The chamber’s this way.”

Seeing his determined look, the girls obliged as they followed him through the halls until they reached a pitch black room. They followed him inside, and instantly felt the effects of this room. Their drive to continue started to slip away, but Sapphiron stood tall. He turned to each of them in turn, and gave them motivation. “Trixie, don’t let go of the vision of the world you want to create! Where’s that fighting spirit? Lightning, don’t forget what you hope to accomplish! Make none abandoned as you are! Octavia, persevere to bring your dream to fruition! Bring the world a symphony! Flutterbat, you are better than this! Fight it! Moondancer, don’t you give up now! You have so much to live for! Screwball, cling to the chaos that makes you you! Make your father proud!” the energy built, and an indigo glow consumed the area. The light died down, and Sapphiron smirked. “We’re ready for Canterlot. Let’s get going.” They nodded, and followed his lead out of the ruins.

Author's Note:

Almost home free! Just one more chapter if things go as planned...