• Published 11th Jul 2017
  • 575 Views, 15 Comments

Fall Of Dark Tyrant Eclipse - The REAL Mister Pkmn



For far too long he has ruled with an iron hoof. Those who have tried to unseat him from power in the past have always failed. In this world, there was never a Celestia or Luna- only the Tyrant who has ruled for aeons. It's time for his reign to end.

  • ...
2
 15
 575

Acts Of Greed, Mare Of Charity

The morning came, and the four intrepid heroes looked at the map that they had convinced the Mayor to lend them for a small period of time. The Mayor had asked why they wanted it, and their response had been that they had to figure out where they were going after leaving Ponyville. Knowing this, the Mayor was rather reasonable with lending them the map. Trixie scanned the map before voicing her thoughts, “So where do you think the next Element is? I’ve heard rumors of various places myself, but we can’t visit all of them--we don’t have the time.”

Nodding in agreement, Lightning spoke with a bit of a defeatist tone. “I wouldn’t be fast enough to visit them all either. Besides, I’m pretty sure that the Tyrant has grown wise to our plan. He probably has beefed up security at the sites that are rumored to have them-- and who knows which of the rumors are true- there were a total of twelve to begin with, three of them which we’ve confirmed so far.”

Octavia gathered her thoughts for a while before responding. “Let’s think rationally about this. There are a total of nine rumors that are left to be investigated: the Badlands, the Frozen North, the Caverns of Confusion, the Isle of Storms, the Dark Expanse, the Sea of Torment, the Dragonlands, Canterlot Castle itself, and the Cloudsdale Ruins. The second to last one is a no-go at this venture, basically surrender. We can’t really explore the last one either, aside from Lightning. Only four of those locations are likely to even have credence behind them, anyway. So what should we do?”

After thinking for a good while, Moondancer found an answer. "I don't know why, but... I've got a gut feeling about this one. We go to the Badlands." She then looked to the others. “If I’m right, we should find the Element of Charity there. Knowing our track record, we will probably find one of our fellows there too.”

The rest seemed to agree, and Trixie nodded her head. “Alright, we’ll try the Badlands. It’s quite a trek from here, though… If only the trains still worked. As we are, it’ll probably take us a few days…”

Just then, they heard a knock at the door. When they opened it, there was a stranger underneath a cloak of sorts. Before they could ask the stranger questions, the figure gestured to the train, whitch was now up and running. They looked back to the figure, but whoever it was had long gone. Only a note was left in their place, reading: “You’re welcome.”

The girls didn’t know what to think of this, but decided to not take this boon for granted. They went to the train station, and there was a pony in a conductor’s uniform on the platform. He took one look at them, and smiled. “Ah! The Marked Ones. Don’t you worry, I won’t tell.” The stallion smiled, and just as Trixie was taking out her purse he held up a hoof. “It’s on the house, my fine friends. What you’re doing is a service to Equestria. Many ponies in the places that you’ve been are starting to change. The least I can do for you is get you where your going.” He ushered them on, and went to the engine. He called back as the doors closed. “Where to?”

Trixie didn’t quite know why he was helping them, but answered anyway. “The Badlands, or at least as close as you can get us to it.”

The conductor nodded, and started up the engine. “Next stop, Outskirt Town!”


The group had talked on the train ride to get to know each other better- Moondancer had apparently been raised by a standard middle-class family, who had been hoping that her pure potential would have the King grant her a Mark. But when she obtained one on her own merits, they knew they had to hide her. They dropped her off in Ponyville in the dead of night, promising to come back for her someday, but they never did. Her dream was to restore old texts, and run a library after all was said and done. Her motivation was to ensure that no family had to be seperated like hers had because of Cutie Marks.

They arrived in the station, and the sight of the town disheartened them. Ponies were fighting over every scrap that they could get their hooves on- food, cleaning supplies, money, you name it. They bickered endlessly, insisting “Mine!” or, “No, Mine!” or some variation of the sort. Others watched on from their lofty lifestyles, unconcerned about the plight of those fighting on the streets- that was, unless they tried ransacking them. The sight was the most atrocious display of greed they had ever seen. But they then saw a buttery yellow thestral walk through the crowd, giving out supplies to others. She received no thanks, but she had long since accepted that. The girls looked at each other, and nodded. They went up to the pink-maned mare, and Lightning tapped her on the shoulder. She swiveled around, and let out a startled reply, her light blue eyes shrinking to pinpricks. “Eep!”

She had a Cutie Mark alright, a trio of pink bats. Lightning looked a bit sheepish. “Sorry for startling you. See, we’d like to talk to you, and…”

The mare calmed herself down, looked around, and noticed that the ponies of the town were absorbed into themselves. She didn’t say anything, just motioning for them to follow. The four of them obliged, following her into a small cottage on the edge of the Badlands. It was full of various critters and habitats for them. The mare locked the door, and Trixie encased the area in a silence field. Trixie dropped her disguise, and was about to explain- but then the mare spoke in a quiet voice. “It’s you, isn’t it?” She went up to each one, calling them by name. “Trixie Lulamoon, Lightning Dust, Octavia Melody, and Moondancer.” She smiled lightly. “My name is Flutterbat. Word is travelling faster now, ponies are noticing you. All because the Tyrant is having the Royal Guard prepare for something. You have impacted things for the better thus far, but…” she looked away for a bit. She spoke up a bit. “You have to prove yourselves. I know this is asking a bit much, seeing as we just met, but…”

Trixie spoke out with confidence. “We’ll do it! We’ve come this far, we’re not backing down!” After the rest voiced their agreement, Trixie turned to Flutterbat. “So, what do you have in mind?”


They were guided into the Badlands, Flutterbat at the helm. They followed her, finding a few large creatures in pain; among them a large scorpion, a cobra, a thunderbird, and a chimera. All of the creatures were dangerous in their own right, and the intrepid heroes were on edge as to what Flutterbat had in mind. She went to one of the other creatures, a vulture. She gently massaged one of its wings. It cooed, and Flutterbat smiled. She turned to the others. “Prove to me that you can be generous to these, some of the more intimidating creatures in the badlands. Help them, and I will help you.”

They looked between each other, uncertain how to deal with this. But each took a different approach. Trixie approached the cobra, a bit apprehensive at first. She calmed herself down, realizing that wasn’t helping. She carefully grasped one of its fangs with her magic, and carefully adjusted it until it was no longer askew. She let go, and the cobra rose, startling Trixie a bit. But, it didn’t bite her. It nuzzled her lightly, then slithered away.

Trixie saw that Lightning had opted to help set the thunderbird’s wings, Octavia had help the scorpion with a sore claw, and Moondancer had pulled a few burrs out of the chimera’s fur from spot it couldn’t reach. After each had been helped, Flutterbat seemed satisfied. “Thank you for helping me with them today. As promised, I will help you with your quest. Come, we must go.”

As they left the area, Octavia spoke up “Were are we going?”

Flutterbat looked to them over her shoulder. “The Caverns of Confusion. A friend and fellow Marked one is there. We must hurry.” They went off, a green wisp floating into Flutterbat from the Badlands.


Commander Chromablade looked on, deep in thought. It had been risky to do this, but he just had to see. They’d gathered four Elements so far, and the other three were close at hand. But there was something off about how he felt about it. He almost… wanted them to succeed. It was a mad idea in his head, but it was there. Ever since he’d overheard King Eclipse talking about where he found him, he’d been having a conflict on conscience. Apparently, he’d already had his Cutie Mark before the King found him… and the king had made him forget. This couldn’t be true, but… what if it was? Was he on the wrong side? And what was this strange pull towards that mare? He didn’t understand himself anymore. He shook himself, and followed them from a distance. Maybe if he did, he’d finally get some answers...

Author's Note:

Alright, now it's getting serious. Only a bit longer now...