• Published 8th Jul 2012
  • 5,050 Views, 96 Comments

The Best Night Ever! [repeat] - AstroStar



It's time to film 'The Best Night Ever' again, and it's up to Pinkie Pie to make sure the rerun airs smoothly. Unfortunately, her friend's patience is quickly running out.

  • ...
2
 96
 5,050

Fade To Black?

They're gone. They're gone. Those words kept repeating in Pinkie's mind. After the scary earthquake had struck Ponyville and blacked her out, she had awoken in this strange place. It was pure white as far as they eye could see. The only things in this place seemed to be herself and this mysterious white figure. It had told her that her world had been abandoned by the 'fans' and that because of that, her home and her friends had been erased in order to make room for a brand new Ponyville. Pinkie was crushed that her friends were gone, but she was also focused on what was to happen to her.

“Can’t I be a part of the new world?” she pleaded to the white figure.

“I’m sorry Pinkie Pie, but everything is almost set for the new world. There no place for you.”

“Please! You have to let me into the new world! I don't want to stay here! I’ll do anything! I swear, whatever you want me to do I’ll do it! I… I can make sure the next world doesn’t vanish like the last one.”

The figure stayed quiet for a moment, seemingly thinking the offer over.

“Are you sure you want that burden? Can you shoulder that responsibility?”

“I will. I don’t want to see any more ponies vanishing. It’s the least I can do… for my friends.”

The figure stood silent again. It seemed like an eternity before it spoke again.

“Very well then. You shall have your wish.”

Before she had a chance to react, Pinkie Pie was surrounded by a warm light.

~~~~~

"And that's how Equestria was made," Pinkie thought to herself.

Pinkie Pie shook her head as the memory played in her head. She ran her hoof through her flat mane. She never liked to dwell on the past. To remember the world she had left behind, or those friends of that world whom she had failed. She had moved on, and she did it with a smile. She had made new friends in the new Ponyville and she was able to make sure the fans were happy, at least until now. She knew why she had pushed everypony so hard to please the fans like she had done, she was afraid to lose her current friends just like how she lost her old friends. In fact, it would be even worse if that were the case this time. While her old friends were really great playmates, Pinkie Pie felt as if she shared a deeper bond with her current generation of friends.

While it was true that the fans were vital to their very existence, if there was one thing she should have learned from this world was the importance of being a good friend. Pinkie cursed herself for being so short-sighted during the summer reruns. It was times like this she wished she was back in her old world. Things were so much simpler back then.

“Hey Pinkie Pie? It looks like we’re all set. We’re back in one minute.” Rainbow Dash announced from behind the camera. She, Applejack, and Rarity had finished setting up the camera in the middle of the library. It was focused on a spot on the floor where Twilight was sitting, now calmed from her breakdown at Carousel Boutique, and sipping on some tea Fluttershy had made. The six ponies began to gather in front of the camera.

“That’s great. Thanks guys,” No real emotion came through Pinkie’s voice.

Fluttershy also made it back where everypony was gathering, with a fresh pot of tea for everypony. She refilled Twilight’s cup.

“Feeling better Twilight?” she asked as she poured the tea.

Twilight gave a small nod in response. “A little bit, thanks. Sorry I scared you back there, Fluttershy.”

“It’s all right, Twilight,” Fluttershy smiled. “I was really more scared for you back there. You looked so stressed out.”

“I was. I can’t believe I let myself flip out like that.”

Applejack placed a hoof on Twilight’s shoulder. “Trust me, sugarcube. If it weren’t you, it was bound to be another one of us ah reckon.”

“At any rate, are you positive about this Pinkie?” Rarity asked. “We could still try and save the episode if you want.”

Pinkie shook her head. “No. I’m never putting anypony else through that again. Besides, the bronies saw what happened. This is the only thing that we… that I can do now.”

“Don’t forget that we’ve got you back, Pinkie,” Rainbow Dash winked.

Pinkie let off a sad smile in response. She turned her head back to the camera, patiently waiting for the red light to come back on. She had never been so nervous in her life. She didn’t have to wait long. After a few seconds, the camera’s light flickered on and they were on the air again. With the moment finally at hand, Pinkie inhaled and began.

“Hi everyone. This is kind of unusual for all of us. I mean, we don’t normally talk in front of the camera like this. But I guess you can tell by now that today has not been an ordinary day around here. If you were worried about Twilight, she’s doing a lot better right now. But because of what just happened at Carousel Boutique, we decided to cancel the rest of today’s episode. I’m really, really sorry.”

“Pinkie?” Twilight interrupted. “If anypony needs to apologize, it’s me.”

“Twilight?”

The purple unicorn ignored her and addressed the camera.

“The fact of the matter is that we really appreciate you guys and you guys are the greatest fans ever. But what happened was that we were all supposed to take a full break and go away for the whole summer after the wedding episode. They said that you guys would miss us if we went away. We didn’t want to risk… losing you…”

Twilight began to tear up. Wanting to give her a break to collect herself, Applejack took over the explaination.

“We didn’t want to abandon y’all, and we didn’t want y’all to abandon us if we went away. So we decided that instead of going away for the summer, we would just go ahead and redo some of y’all’s favorite stories this summer before we start brand new stories this fall.”

“That’s right AJ,” Rainbow Dash cut in. “Now we can’t say what exactly is going to happen with these new stories, so you’ll have to wait and see. But we promise that it’s gonna be awesome! I think you guys are gonna really love it! Especially the part where I… mmph!!”

Rarity rushed over to cover the cyan pegasus’ mouth before she made a fatal mistake.

“What my daredevil friend is trying to say is that we hope that you’ll join us this fall for brand new exciting stories! We had hoped that these repeat stories would have help passed the time until then, but as you all can see, that idea has not panned out the way we had hoped.”

“Again, we’re really, really sorry,” Fluttershy apologized. “It’s just that, these reruns just took a toll on all of us. We couldn’t take it anymore. We tried to get through it as best as we could, but we’re only ponies after all. Even we have our limits.”

“And in the end, it was my fault for not seeing that guys. And I promise I’ll never make that mistake again.” Pinkie said. She then turned back to the camera and continued.

“So with all that said, I guess that means we’ll have to be leaving you guys for the rest of the summer while we recover from these reruns. Don’t worry, we’ll be back with all new adventures this fall.” A few tears started to roll down Pinkie's cheeks. She began to lose her composure. “I hope that… you come back and see us. I hope that… you don’t… forget about us….”

A sudden flash of six forgotten ponies from a bygone world flashed in her head. Pinkie lowered her head and sobbed.

“I’m sorry I failed, everyone. I’m sorry...”

Twilight went over and gave Pinkie a hug.

“Pinkie, you did all you could have done. We wouldn’t even made it this far if it weren’t for you.”

“But I told her that I would make sure what happened to my old world wouldn't happen here. I don't want that to happen. Not to you girls, not to anypony here in Equestria. I could have doomed us all with my failure! What are we gonna if we really do vanish because of this?!?” Pinkie buried her head in her hooves.

Twilight thought about it for a moment. She was right. Their very existence hung in the balance with the decision to sit out the summer. The fans could come back after the break and everything could be fine. However, if they didn't... That was the risk Pinkie's old friends made way back when, and it had cost them everything. Were they really ready to risk it all? After thinking it over for a moment, Twilight provided her answer.

“At least we had a great run, and at least we did it with the company of our best friends. So if our fate is to disappear, then so be it. But if that time does indeed come, then we’ll face the end the same way we've faced anything before that, together. Right girls?”

The prospect of oblivion hit the other four hard. But Twilight’s words offered some comfort in the bleak situation. They all nodded, tears beginning to flow from their eyes.

“Of course sugarcube,” Applejack said, clearing her watering eyes. “You’ll never have to be alone.”.

“I love you girls,” Pinkie sobbed.

“Guys?” Rainbow Dash said, tears flowing freely down her face. “Let’s get this group hug out of the way right now before I completely lose it.”

With that, the six friends hugged each other, tears falling down their faces. They didn’t know how long they held that embrace. It didn’t matter. The surrounding world no longer mattered. All they cared about was that they were together, and that they would be together until the end. And speaking of the end...

“I guess it’s time to end the show,” Fluttershy said, finally breaking away from the embrace.

Pinkie Pie nodded. She turned to address the camera.

“Well, I guess this is it everyone. Thank you guys for everything and…” Pinkie froze as she noticed a key detail lacking from the camera.

The red light was off. The transmission had been stopped.

Rainbow Dash flew up to the camera to inspect why the camera stopped transmitting.

“Hey! What happened to the camera?” she asked.

“We stopped the transmission!” A voice suddenly bellowed from above the ponies.

A surge of magic suddenly manifested itself behind the camera. When the surge faded, the figures of the two royal sisters appeared in the library.

"Celestia? Luna? What's going on?" Twilight asked in disbelief.

“The episode can’t end like this,” the sun goddess announced.

“But we have to explain to the fans what’s been going on, and why we’re stopping the reruns!” Pinkie shouted.

“I’m sorry Pinkie, but the decision has been made,” Princess Luna said.

“Who made that decision?”

“I did,” a voice shouted from behind the princesses. Celestia and Luna moved aside a bit to reveal a third alicorn. She had a white coat, blue eyes, an auburn mane and a quill shaped cuite mark. For five ponies in the room, the mysterious figure’s appearance left them with even more confused. However, Pinkie Pie’s jaw dropped. She knew exactly who this was.

“Lauren?!?” she asked in disbelief.

The white alicorn gave her a loving smile. “Hello again, Pinkie Pie.”

Everything clicked together in Twilight’s mind. She looked to the third alicorn in amazement.

“Wait, you mean the Lauren? The architect and creator of Equestria?”

“Yes. I guess I am,” Lauren blushed.

The six ponies stood in awe. While it was generally understood that the rulers of Equestria and the regents of the heavens were the royal sisters, the actual creator of Equestria remained a mystery for many. The only thing most ponies knew was that the creator's name was Lauren, but nopony had ever seen her. Until now, at least. Rarity ran over to Lauren and groveled at her hooves.

“Oh dear goodness! It’s an honor to finally meet you. We owe our entire existence to you, after all! By the way, thank you for making me so fabulous.” Rarity gushed.

“And thanks for making me so awesome!” Rainbow Dash smirked. She then floated over to Lauren’s ear. “By the way, do you think you can put in a good word for me with the Wonderbolts?”

“Rainbow!” Applejack frowned.

“Just thought I asked,” Rainbow smiled sheepishly.

“Excuse me…” Fluttershy spoke up. “But you’ve met Lauren before, Pinkie Pie?”

Pinkie nodded. “I helped Lauren manage the show the first year on the air.”

“You’ve been working with Lauren this whole time?” Twilight asked Pinkie in disbelief.

“Not the whole time Twilight,” Lauren explained. “Sadly, I had to move on from the show after the first year. Pinkie’s been handling everything ever since.”

“But I don’t understand Lauren,” Pinkie Pie said. “Why did you come back?”

“Celestia and Luna reached out to me as soon as they heard what happened in this episode, Pinkie.”

“Oh, I see. I’m… sorry I failed Lauren.”

“You did not fail, Pinkie Pie.”

“But we ruined the show! We could disappear because of this.”

Celestia smiled. “I don’t think we need to worry about that.”

“What do you mean?” Twilight asked her mentor.

Lauren handled the explanation herself.

“You ponies don’t realize the true impact the show has had on the fans. The bronies aren’t just fans of the show. They are living our message in their own lives. They are spreading our message of love and tolerance into an increasingly cold and cynical world. The show has brought the best in those who never thought they had it in them. You girls have brought honesty, kindness, generosity, loyalty and laughter into the hearts of millions.”

The bearers of the elements of harmony smiled as they learned of the impact their own values had made on the outside world. Twilight Sparkle cleared her throat, trying to grab everypony’s attention. She waved her hoof to make sure that she wasn’t forgotten.

“Um… ‘magic makes it all complete’?” Twilight asked.

Lauren chuckled. “Of course it does, Twilight. And the magic that this show has created will almost certainly never fade. The fans will almost certainly make sure of that. So even if the show ends, Equestria will never disappear because you will never be forgotten.”

Pinkie's mane poofed back up as Lauren shared the good news.

"Really?" she asked.

A simple nod was Lauren's answer. "You've done well, everyone."

"Pinkie, you did it!" Twilight smiled.

Pinkie opened her mouth to respond but didn't. She shook her head as she felt Twilight's statement needed to be corrected.

"No, we did it," Pinkie corrected her friend.

Despite the growing sappiness of the moment, Rainbow couldn't help herself.

"Oh, what the hay? Second group hug!!!" the pegasus shouted.

Once again, the six friends shared an embrace, this time being warmer and happier than the one before. They cheered and hugged each other, knowing full well that they had made a true impact and that their fate of Equestria was secure for a very long time. A few moments later however, Pinkie Pie stopped cheering. She wasn't able to get rid of this nagging feeling that this was just a hollow victory. While this Ponyville would survive, the same could never be said of the old Ponyville.

Fluttershy noticed Pinkie had stopped celebrating. “Is everything all right, Pinkie.”

“Yeah, Fluttershy. I'm fine, I really am! It’s just that I just can’t forget about my old friends. I mean, I’m glad that we’re going to be Ok. But, I just wish I could have been able to save them.”

Celestia and Luna looked at each other for a moment. They then turned to Lauren, who gave them a smile, letting the sisters know that it was time to let her know. Princess Celestia turned her attention back to Pinkie Pie.

“I think we should tell you girls about the security breach.”

“Security breach?” asked a surprised Twilight.

“A group of unknown ponies turned up at the gala tonight. There were six of them all together. I think we need your help in identifying them.” Princess Luna said, trying very hard to mask the smile that was forming on her face.

Pinkie Pie scratched her head. “But why are you asking us? It's not like any one of us would actually know about a group of six unknown ponies. They could be any…”

Pinkie Pie froze as her brain connected the dots. No way, she thought. It was impossible, wasn’t it?

“You don’t mean…”

“Why don’t you see for yourself. Ok everyone, come on in!” Celestia shouted.

On that command, six ponies entered the room, one unicorn, one Pegasus, and four earth ponies, all of various colors, colors that Pinkie Pie knew all too well. The new visitors shouted in excitement when they laid their eyes on the pinkest pony in the room.

“Hi Pinkie Pie!!!” they shouted in unison.

“It… can’t be…” Pinkie's brain was unable to process what she was seeing. They wern't supposed to exist anymore, right?

“We missed you, Pinkie!” the young white unicorn said.

“My goodness, I really like your new look, darling!” the cyan earth pony said.

"We've been hiding in Canterlot this whole time," the light pink pony explained. "Lauren told us we couldn't interfere with you and your new friends, but she said that this was a special exception."

"Pinkie," Lauren began, "The love and memories you had for your old friends brought them into existence into Equestria. All of them."

"You mean... Minty and Thistle-Whistle too?"

"Even Wysteria and Kimono made it!" the purple pegasus reported.

Pinkie Pie couldn't think. She almost couldn't breathe at the moment. Here were her old friends, safe and sound in Equestria, along with the rest of the old world. This had to be a dream, right? She turned back to her current generation of friends.

"Applejack? Hit me."

"Um, are you sure sugarcube?"

"Just do it!!!"

Not quite sure how to honor that request, Applejack simply stomped one of Pinkie's hooves. She shrieked in pain for a second and then refocused on the image she thought she had seen. It didn't change. Her old friends were still there. Tears of joy began to flow from Pinkie's face.

"I'm not dreaming! It really is you! I missed you girls so much!!!”

Pinkie threw herself into her old friends, hugging them tightly. She never thought she would ever get to see these ponies ever again. She thought she had failed them into oblivion. But here they all were, safe and sound. She had saved her friends after all! There was not a dry eye in the library as the reunion played itself out.

“Hey Pinkie, why don’t you introduce us?” Twilight suggested.

Pinkie wiped her eyes clear of her tears. “Ok, Twilight. Everypony, I’d like you to meet my old Core 7 friends, besides me of course!”

She first pointed to the light pink pony.

“First of all our resident artist, Toola-Roola.”

“Hi everyone!” Toola-Roola waved, blowing a tuft of her mane away from the front of her face.

Pinkie moved onto the light purple Pegasus. “Next, we have Starsong and her beautiful melodies.”

Starsong gave a polite bow. “Pleased to meet you.”

“And now… I guess this is where things get weird.” Pinkie warned everpony. She first pointed to the dark pink pony. Her pink and purple mane made up in pigtails.

“This is our resident story teller, Cheerilee.”

“Cheerilee?!?” Twilight did a double take.

“Um… did I do something wrong?” Cheerilee asked.

Lauren shook her head. “No you didn’t. You most likely don’t know this, but in this Ponyville, there exists another pony named Cheerilee, and she shares some of the same traits you do.” She then turned to the orange pony and the white unicorn. “The same goes for you too, Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle.”

Rainbow Dash looked stunned. "Scootaloo?"

Rarity's jaw dropped. "Sweetie Belle!?!"

The Core 7 Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle's eyes widened in amazement.

“There's another me here?" the white unicorn asked.

Rarity explained. “Well... Sweetie Belle is the name of my little sister, and Scootaloo is one of her best friends.”

"Cool! I can't wait to meet them!" the orange pony asked.

“And you know what? The two of them are almost exactly like the two of you,” Pinkie Pie added.

"The only difference is that our Scootaloo is a pegasus," Rainbow Dash pointed out. She then flew over to the scarf-wearing cyan pony. “So I guess that must make you Apple Bloom then, huh? Gotta say that I don't see the resemblance between her and you.”

She raised an eyebrow at Rainbow Dash in confusion. “Excuse me darling, but my name is not Apple Bloom.”

Luna smirked. She knew what was coming. “Oh, this ought to be good.”

Pinkie Pie scratched the back of her head, trying to find the best way to break the news.

“I guess there’s no other way to say this. Rainbow Dash? Meet… Rainbow Dash.”

“WHAT?!?” the two Rainbow Dashes shouted.

“A... double rainbow?” Twilight silently observed.

Applejack looked on in awe. "All the way across..."

Fluttershy lightly slapped Applejack on the back of the head.

"That joke's old," she said, slightly annoyed.

"Sorry," Applejack blushed.

The Rainbows looked at each other. They slowly mimicked the same movements, much like a warped funhouse mirror. In their minds, there was no possible way that the pony they were looking at was the Rainbow Dash. The pegasus Dash began to stammer.

“But I… How could... She doesn’t even have wi… SHE’S RARITY!!!”

“Excuse me, but I certainly do not share any traits with Princess Rarity.” The earth pony Dash said defiantly, bad memories of a small, curious, trouble making unicorn playing in her mind.

Princess Rarity?!?” the pegasus Dash’s mind nearly exploded.

The royal title took the Carousel Boutique owner by surprise. “Princess? Oh, I must say that I’m absolutely loving this old world of yours, Pinkie.”

Pinkie Pie chuckled nervously. “we’re gonna need to have a really long talk girls. At least we’ll have time now that we don’t have to do the reruns anymore.”

Celestia spoke up nervously. “About that…”

Pinkie’s face fell. Whatever she was about to say was no doubt going to be bad news. “Don’t tell me…”

Princess Celestia broke the news. “I’m sorry, but the network requires the reruns to help fill the schedule. That was actually the main reason why we had to stop your broadcast.”

Fluttershy fell on her haunches. “More reruns?”

Applejack put her hooves on the side of her head. “You have got to be bucking kidding me!”

Twilight began to plea to the alicorns. “Princess? Lauren? Can you do anything to try to stop this?”

Lauren shook her head. “I’m sorry.”

Pinkie Pie groaned. “We’re right back where we started!”

“Not exactly!” a male voice announced suddenly announced. Everypony turned to see where the voice was coming from. Standing at the door was Discord, and he had brought a visitor. Standing right next to the spirit of chaos was Chrysalis, the Queen of the Changelings.

Celestia reared herself into a defensive stance. The invasion of the changelings was a rather recent event, so there wasn't any time nor opportunities to reach out to the Changelings. As such Queen Chrysalis and her children were still considered enemies of Equestria.

Princess Celestia prepared to charge an attack. “Twilight! Go fetch the Elements of Harmony before Chrysalis…”

Discord interrupted. “There’s no need for that, Celestia. We have reached an agreement with the Changelings.”

Luna raised an eyebrow. “What kind of agreement?”

Discord magically produced an official document detailing the terms of the agreement. “The Changelings will abandon their plans of conquest. Most importantly, the changelings will stand-in for the rest of the cast for future reruns as needed," he explained.

The news took everyone by surprise. It was the solution everyone had hoped for. The changelings could act as stand-ins for the rest of the cast and the fans wouldn't even notice. It was the perfect solution.

Princess Celestia, however, was not completely sold on the deal. It was too perfect.

“There’s a catch, isn’t there?” she asked the draconequus.

The Changeling queen looked straight at the sun goddess.

“You do realize that this show of gratitude from me does not come free. We require payment for our services.”

Princess Luna got into Discord’s face. “Discord, what have you done? We can’t afford any type of payment to the Changelings.”

Discord didn’t flinch. He didn’t seem to be bothered at all. “Relax, Luna. I’m sure we can afford the price.”

Luna narrowed her eyes. “What was the price?”

As if on cue, a tapping came at the library’s window. Twilight trotted over to the window and opened it, revealing Derpy Hooves, carrying a plate of freshly baked muffins.

“I got the muffins you wanted!” the bubbly grey Pegasus smiled. She flew inside and handed the plate to Discord.

“Excellent work, Ms. Hooves.” Discord took the muffins and handed them to Chrysalis. “Here is your payment madame.”

“This had better be worth it,” the Changeling queen grumbled.

“Oh, you’ll see.” Discord smirked.

Chrysalis took one of the muffins. She inspected it for a few moments before taking a small bite. She chewed for a few seconds before a sense of wonder and unfiltered joy washed all over her.

“This… is amazing!!!”

Discord chuckled. “I told you Derpy’s muffins were made with love.”

“I thought you were exaggerating, but you’re right! Why… There’s enough love in these muffins for all my children! Ms. Derpy Hooves, you simply must share this gift with us!”

“No problem! I have all sorts of recipes for any kind of muffins you want.”

Chrysalis and Derpy left the library, talking about every kind of muffin under the sun. The remaining occupants of the room sat confused.

“So… let me get this straight,” Twilight said, trying to make sense of what just happened. “We could have stopped Chrysalis and the Changelings this whole time… with a batch of Derpy’s muffins. Is that right Discord?”

“Yeah.”

Princess Luna was getting a migraine over this revelation. “And… you didn’t tell us that because…”

“It would have made for a boring episode.” Discord shrugged.

"He's got a point," Pinkie pointed out.

"Please don't encourage him..." Twilight pleaded.

Discord then noticed the third alicorn in the room. “Shouldn’t we be returning Ms. Faust back to her own world right now?” he wondered.

“Yes we should,” Celestia nodded. “Luna and I will take Lauren back to Canterlot. We’ll take care of it from there.”

“Wait!” Pinkie Pie shouted. She ran up to Lauren, wanting to get one more word in.

“Before you go Lauren, in case we never see you again… I just wanted to say… thank you, for everything.”

Lauren struggled to hold back her tears as she hugged Pinkie. She didn’t want to go through this again. It was hard enough saying goodbye the first time.

“No Pinkie, thank you. You’ve been more than brilliant this past year. The show couldn’t be in better hooves right now.”

“Thanks Lauren”, Pinkie said returning the embrace.

“I’m so proud of you.” Lauren turned her attention to the other five element bearers. “I’m so proud of all of you.”

Twilight stepped forward to white alicorn. “Lauren, will we ever see you again?”

“I don’t know, Twilight. I’m needed elsewhere now. All I ask is that you keep making the show as special as it has.”

Pinkie winked. “Don’t worry we will!”

“It’s time to go Lauren.”

The three alicorns and Discord gathered together for the teleportation. As Celestia and Luna began to cast the spell, Lauren took a look at the two generations of ponies. She then took one final look at Pinkie Pie.

“Farewell, my little ponies.”

Celestia leaned into Lauren’s ear, a bit annoyed.

“Stop trying to steal my thunder, okay?” she frowned. Lauren squeaked an apologetic smile.

The spell reached its peak, forming a bright bubble of light around the four beings. The bubble then faded away, taking the Princesses, Discord, and Lauren with them. The 12 ponies left behind sat silent for a while.

“Well… I guess that everything’s going to be ok now.” Fluttershy said, breaking the silence.

Starsong turned to Twilight. “Do things like that always happen around here?”

Twilight scratched the back of her head. “Well, I guess that it’s not every day that we’re able to get the bearers of the Elements of Harmony, six ponies from a previous generation, the two royal sisters, the spirit of chaos, the queen of the Changelings, the actual architect of Equestria, and Derpy under one roof at the same time. But honestly, after all we’ve been through, I guess this is just par for the course.”

“Golly, you sure do have some big adventures nowadays, Pinkie!” Sweetie Belle said in awe. “I don’t think we can handle any emergencies like you guys do.”

Pinkie Pie laughed. “Well, at least we’re able to handle those better than the way we handled this ep…” Pinkie Pie froze.

“Uh oh.”

“What do you mean, ‘uh oh’?” the pegasus Rainbow Dash asked.

“If the speech we tried to make didn’t make it on the air…” Pinkie began.

Applejack eyes flew open as she realized what Pinkie was talking about.

“Then what in tarnation was the network broadcasting for the past 15 minutes?!?”

Without another word, Pinkie Pie rushed out of the library. It only took the others a few seconds before they all followed her out the door.