• Published 14th Mar 2017
  • 535 Views, 138 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! EQG: Duelist Rangers Final Season - Bahamut0



With Tirek destroyed and Sombra and Chrysalis living normal lives, Burst and the rangers believe their work to be done. However, a face from Burst's past returns.

  • ...
4
 138
 535

Finale Part 1: Darkness of Despair

It seemed like an ordinary day at CHS. The rangers were going about their day, and lunch period had just arrived. Things had been quite after the big battle yesterday, but that was always subject to change as long as Blitz was still on the loose. Not to mention the fact that Burst was still in recovery. "Man. This sucks!", Inferno groaned as he looked to Burst. "If you'd been in that fight, we could've ended it yesterday!" Inferno sighed. "But that's past."

"We should focus on when Blitz's next attack's going to be.", Sunset stated.

"Right." Gold nodded. "Let's not forget that he teleported off to who knows where after yesterday."

"I can answer that.", Fang said sadly. "He stole his mother's power to increase his own. Mix that with how insanely unstable he is, and we've got ourselve a Grade-A menace to deal with. Who knows how strong he is now." The whole group hung their heads with the exception of Burst.

"Hey now! No need for that!", Burst said with a frown. "Maybe you're forgetting, but this isn't the first time our backs have been against the wall. Sombra being corrupted. Tirek. Each threat was more dangerous than the last. But everytime we pulled through. Why? Because we're friends...no. We're a family. And that means we face everything together. This time will be no different."

"I think we all needed that little reminder.", Celestia said with a smile as she walked over. "Excellent speech Burst. You really know how to channel your inner Optimus Prime."

"Oh..." Burst blushed. "Thanks." The rangers shared a laugh at Burst's moment with Celestia until the alert sounded on their morphers.

"Looks like it's go time.", Ace said as he and the rangers left to head for the source of the alert. They morphed and teleported into the city. Blitz was on the attack, and had transformed from when they had last saw him! "Is...is that Blitz?!"

"He looks more like a monster than a ranger.", Shadow noted.

"And he's got a temper to match! Hit the deck!", Ice shouted as Blitz hurled a car at them! The rangers hit the ground to avoid getting sent flying!

"It appears you're one head short.", Blitz scoffed. "No matter. I know how to keep you entertained." Blitz focused his dark power and shot out eleven beams of darkness! Each beam condensed into a dark version of each of the rangers!

"So that's how you're gonna keep us busy? With cheap copies?", Rainbow Dash boasted as she kicked her doppleganger! But the replica caught her foot! "What the heck?!" Rainbow was then sent flying by her clone!

"They're not copies. Rather, they're superior versions of you. Much like how I'm superior to Burst. This brings me to my offer. Surrender now, and make ME your leader. Refuse, and I'll let my new friends have some 'playtime' with you.", Blitz said with a sneer.

"No deal creep!", Steel spat! "There's no way you're better than Burst!"

"We'd never follow someone who fights only for glory. That's not what we stand for!", Moon said defiantly.

"We fight for what's right and to protect those who can't fight for themselves!", Sunset added!

"And that'w why we follow Burst! Because that's what he lives for! What he dreams of!", Celestia cried out!

"AND IT'S BECAUSE OF HIM WE HAVE THE WILL TO STAND AGAINST YOU!", all the rangers screamed!

"Very well FOOLS.", Blitz said with a scowl. "You've sealed your fate." Blitz snapped his fingers. "Dark Rangers. Destroy them."

The rangers charged at their dark counterparts! Both sides matched each other blow for blow! However, the Dark Ranges hit a lot harder than their Duelist counterparts! And they were a lot more vicious to boot!

"How are these things so strong?!", Rarity asked as she evaded her dark clone's blade!

"You got me!", Inferno shouted as he blocked a punch from his dark clone only to get kicked in the stomach and punched in the face so hard his helmet broke! "AGH!"

"INFERNO!" Rarity ran to his side, but was slashed in the back by her dark clone and her helmet was kicked off! Rarity and Inferno managed to get to their feet, but were cornered by their dark clones. "Darling?"

"Yeah?" Inferno was surprised when Rarity kissed him.

"I'm glad we're together. Even in thie dire moment."

"...Me too Rarity." Inferno and Rarity readied their weapons as their dark clones advanced.

Meanwhile, Sunset and Gold weren't faring much better! Sunset's armor was pretty badly damaged while Gold's helmet was broken from a powerful punch from his dark clone! "They don't let up!", Gold groaned as he used his sword to block a swing from his dark clone!

"They're just as ruthless as Blitz!", Sunset noted as she raised her shield to protect herself from her dark clone's blade! Sunset and Gold were then forced back-to-back with their clones on either side. "Not good..."

At the same time, Rainbow Dash and Steel were getting clobbered by their clones! "UGH! They just too fast!", Rainbow groaned as she tried to land a hit on her clone only to get kneed in the stomach!

"They hit WAY harder too!" Steel raised his shield to block the blade of his dark clone! But the impact was so strong that it shattered the shiled and Steel's dark clone bashed his helmet with its own shiled! Breaking the helmet and knocking Steel to the ground! Rainbow took to the air, but was grounded when her clone followed and kicked her in the head! Breaking her helmet as sht plummeted! Steel caught her, but their clones had them cornered. "Well, at least we're going out awesome."

"I won't lie Steel. This way of going out is probably twenty percent cooler than any way I'd dream up.", Rainbow Dash said with a weak smile.

Meanwhile, Ace, Ice, and Shadow weren't faring much better against their clones! The three brothers' armor was damaged pretty badly, and their helmets all but destroyed. "No matter what. We stand together. Right guys?", Ice asked weakly.

"Y-Yeah...", Ace said with a weak smile as he got to his feet.

"No matter what...", Shadow groaned as he readied his spear for his possible last stand.

Celestia and Moon were having an equally hard time fighting their clones as well. Celestia's clone blinded Moon with a flash of light, and unleashed a series of hits on her! Breaking her helmet and hurting her pretty badly! Moon's clone on the other hand launched a relentless barrage of blasts at Celestia! Badly damaging her armor and knocking her helmet loose! "Celestia? Can you stand?", Moon asked weakly as their clones advanced upon them.

"Depends...", Celestia said with strain in her voice. "Can you hold your sword?" Moon grasped her saber once again, and Celestia readied her own blade. "Looks like we'll have to break our promise to Burst."

Fang in the meantime was beaten up pretty bad by his clone! Fang's clone was savage, and nearly tore his armor to pieces! All the damaged rangers were backed against a wall as the dark clones Blitz created faced them.

"Well, well, well. I bet you're reconsidering my offer now?", Blitz said with a smirk.

"Not a chance in Tartarus.", Moon said with a smirk of her own.

"A pity." Blitz was about to command his clone rangers to finish off the originals when he saw a lone figure approaching the battlefield.

"You guys have done enough." Burst stepped forth with a confident smile. "I'll take care of these posers from here." Busrt kept his hand near his morpher, and got into a stance! The final battle was about to begin!