• Published 14th Mar 2017
  • 535 Views, 138 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! EQG: Duelist Rangers Final Season - Bahamut0



With Tirek destroyed and Sombra and Chrysalis living normal lives, Burst and the rangers believe their work to be done. However, a face from Burst's past returns.

  • ...
4
 138
 535

Episode 12: Plans

Blitz sneered. He'd taken down the strongest fighter among the rangers. However, he noticed Narico glaring at him. "What's eating you insect? You should be happy. We've dealt the rangers a decisive blow."

"It was not through honorable means.", Narico scowled. "You ambushed Burst while he was busy fighting. In my eyes, that is no victory. It's a disgrace."

"Why do you care? We're the badguys. Who said we play fair?" Blitz left, and Narico went off to Abyss.

"Lady Abyss?"

Abyss turned to face Narico. "Oh. Narico. Is something wrong?"

"It concerns your son. He had Gandora attack the school the rangers attend. Burst was able to beat the monster, but Blitz ambushed him. I must ask...why? Why are we even doing this?"

Abyss sighed. "My son's desire was to be a hero. So, I decided to help support his desire the best way I knew how. The Lancers helped Blitz realize that if only for the briefest time. And now with our conquest, Blitz will "defeat" us and be hailed as the hero. I love my son, and just want him to realize his desire."

Narico sighed. "I can respect the care you have for your son. But I'm worried he's unstable. When he ambushed Burst...he nearly KILLED him." Abyss froze. "Who's to say he won't actually destroy you when he "defeats" you?"

"You show great devotion Narico.", Abyss said with a small smile. "You'll make a girl quite happy one day."

"I only wish for your happiness and safety Lady Abyss. I BEG you. Put an end to this madness before things get worse!", Narico pleaded. "I...I cannot picture myself without you." Abyss stood up and approached Narico. "My lady?"

"You care for me greatly. Don't you?", Abyss asked.

"More than my life.", Narico said with a steeled gaze.

"Is it simply the devotion of a servant, or more?"

"I...I can't answer because the reply I have is unworthy.", Narico said with an ashamed tone. "I am nothing."

"A pity.", Abyss said with a sad smile. "The kind of man I've been looking for has been under my nose the whole time."

Narico blushed! "You..you knew?!"

"Did you think you were being discreet? For a changeling, you're horrible at keeping things hidden.", Abyss said with a light chuckle. "Maybe you're right about Blitz. But I'm not worried. You'll protect me, won't you? If we do bite it, we'll have the afterlife together won't we?"

"I...thank you my lady. Farewell." As he exited Abyss's room, Narico's thoughts were elsewhere. Abyss. You're right. I WILL protect you. Narico's thoughts then turned to the rangers. Which is why I hope you can forgive me for what I have in mind. As Narico retired to his quarters, he noticed a form on his bed. "Fang. I know you're there."

"Aw man. And I was gonna pounce on you!", Fang pouted as his wolf ears folded.

"You can't hide as easy now that you're grown.", Narico said with a chuckle. "Shouldn't you be at school next week? I've heard the girls of CHS are pretty cute."

"C'mon bro! It's not like I'm gonna meet the love of my life!", Fang groaned. "Especially since I've gotta keep my ears and tail hidden."

"Well, you never know.", Narico said with a smile. "Maybe you'll find a girl who likes you no matter what."

"Yeah. Maybe. I'm off to my bed G'night." And with that, Fang left.

Narico sighed as he lay on his bed in solitude. "I hope Abyss can forgive me for this stupid idea..."