• Published 7th Jul 2012
  • 3,536 Views, 56 Comments

A Human World - Icewind505



The pony gang wakes up dazed to find that they are in a field but they aren't ponies, they're human

  • ...
14
 56
 3,536

Escape and a New Home

The girls looked around and panicked. There were no stairs or contraptions that could raise them to the world on the surface. Dex tried to calm Rainbow Dash down and ensured her that there was a way out. Rarity flopped on a mattress and did her traditional panic, instead of using a couch, she used a rickety old mattress. Twilight was actually the only one who seemed oblivious, there were hundreds of books everywhere. She couldn't care less if they were trapped there. Sandra laughed at the scene, Tony kicked her lightly in the butt as a response.

"Guys, guys, girls. Please- calm down!"

Sandra watched him try to console the frightened girls, she took much relish in watching people fail at life. Why? She didn't know, she just knew that she did. Most of the time she tried to help, but when her temper was acting up, Sandra wouldn't move a finger. If her life-long dream of being a librarian was at stake however, she wouldn't give a second thought on how she could help. She just would. With the glares Tony was shooting her, Sandra decided that it would be best to help.

"QUIT IT YOU HALF-BRAINED IDIOTS!"

All the girls, excluding Twilight, stopped in their tracks. They were very insulted but listened to the small girl.

"First of all, stop being so worried. How do you think that Tony and I get up there? There's an exit. Second, you better prepare yourselves, anyone who has a weak stomach. Take a barf bag."

All the girls, this time including Twilight, stared at Sandra with questioning glances. She simply walked away toward a brightly lit part of the library. When they arrived, they saw a strange sight. Two metal walls, a bit far away from each other, were stuck into the ground. There were various metal doors placed into the sides. All the girls turned pale, this didn't seem very safe. Sandra waved a hand in front of their eyes and rolled her own.

"So, who wants to go first?"

Tony volunteered, after all he had ridden it many times before. He could show them how it's done.

"Okay. Girls, do exactly as I do and you won't die. Alright?"

The girls nodded nervously as Tony walked to a large silver circle on the floor. Sandra ran over to a small platform, there was a metal podium on it that housed. One. Red. Button. Sandra pressed the button lightly and watched as a tough plastic case rose from the circle and engulfed Tony. He stayed absolutely still, his eyes were closed and his arms were firmly pressed to his side. Suddenly a metal arm darted out of the wall and grabbed the case on a platinum band near its middle. The arm spasmed and sent the case upwards. after a few feet, another arm grabbed it and tossed it upwards. This happened at least ten more times befor the case was sent through a hole in the ceiling. There was a sound of air decompressing and a heavy thump. Soon the metal disk came plumetting down back into the hole. Sandra smiled, she motioned for another to come. Slowly, one by one, all the girls and Dex were thrown back upstairs. They all collapsed from exhaustion, although it was pretty fun. At Dex's word the girls filed out one by one. But Twilight stayed back, she walked over to Tony.

"Uh, hi Tony."

"Uh, um yeah, heh, uh- OW!"

Sandra jumped up and slapped him in the back of the head. He rubbed his head and blushed. The girl he kinda, sorta, maybe liked, was talking to him, and he was babbling like an idiot. Sandra dragged over a chair, stood on top of it and whispered in Tony's ear.

"Go get her casanova!"

"AGH!"

Tony made a sound like a choked animal and turned bright red. His face felt like it was smothered in molten lava. He gulped and tried again.

"Uh, yeah, hi Twilight. Is there anything you wanted from me?"

"Actually, yes, yes there was."

"Okay, what was it?"

"I shouldn't, so nevermind."

"Okay, if that's how you- OW! -I mean, come one, it can't be that bad."

"Okay, if you insist. Do you have an extra room?"

"Huh?"

"Well, I used to work in a library before, so, I was wondering if I could stay here. It looks like it has rooms. I also used to live in my library."

"Well, we do have a guest room, you could stay there."

"OH!~ THANK YOU THANK YOU!"

Twilight jumped up and down with joy. She ran off toward the door, as her friends were calling but before she ran out, she turned around and gave Tony a peck on the cheek. Twilight then rushed out the door, leaving the shocked eighteen year old standing in the middle of the room. His expression was blank and his mouth was twitched into an awkward smile. Sandra waved her hand in front of his eyes. No reaction. She pinched his face. Still no reaction. So Sandra decided to see what would happen if she poked him. She did so lightly and he went down like a sack of bricks. She laughed, he was such a stud. She dragged him over to the bench and threw him on it. She quickly cleaned up the floor and sat next to her friend. She resumed her book, and started to think.

Why does my mentor have to be such a smartass but such an idiot?