• Published 7th Jul 2012
  • 3,536 Views, 56 Comments

A Human World - Icewind505



The pony gang wakes up dazed to find that they are in a field but they aren't ponies, they're human

  • ...
14
 56
 3,536

Meanwhile

"Let me go! Ah said let me go! Ah have rights! Let me at that rainbow-haired bastard! I'm gonn-"

Twilight slapped a hand over Andrew's mouth. He screamed and yelled until eventually he calmed down and Twilight was able to remove her hand. She picked him up and started to shake him. Andrew had no reaction and seemed totally out of it. He was acting strangely out of character. AJ raised an eyebrow at him and sighed, this was getting too weird. So she did the only thing she could. She started to yell in his ear and slap him repeatedly.

"WAKE UP! YER STARTING TO CREEP ME OUT!"

Andrew jumped up with a yelp. Applejack slapped him one last time for good measure. He jumped in surprise and looked at her with eyebrows furrowed. Applejack smirked, the slapping always stopped the colts and stallions from looking at her flank. It apparently worked on humans too. Applejack slapped him across the face again, this time Andrew reacted and grabbed his face. He gave her a look that had "REALLY?" written all over it. She laughed and pulled him up off the ground. He rubbed his neck and sighed, was he acting like an idiot again? It happened if he was tired, or just plain pissed, or AFTER he was pissed. He started to walk away but Applejack grabbed his shoulder and turned him around.

"Ah understand that ya have a nice little farm. Ah was kinda wonderin' if Ah could stay there. Ah'm not much for frew-frewy mansions an' such. An' to help yer decision, Ah used ta work on a farm 'fore Ah came here. So, how 'bout it?"

Applejack threw her trademark stetson onto Andrew's head. Andrew gulped, what would his sister think of this? His older sister was quiet and didn't usually say anything but what would they think of him bringing a girl home that he hardly knew. He nodded his head quickly, he liked her a lot, so it wouldn't be that bad if she stayed. Applejack jumped up and mouthed a silent "YES". Andrew smiled, she was so cute when she was excited. Applejack excitedly ran over to her friends, as they engaged in an excited conversation, he snuck away. He tiptoed over to the glade where Dex and Rainbow still were. He watched as Rainbow Dash tried to comfort the distraught boy. Andrew couldn't get to close but he could catch a few snips of conversation.

"... forgive you-"

"Phew!...you..."

"Wait!...finish...sentence..."

The next part he heard clearly and startled Andrew so much that he toppled backwards right into a thorn bush. But he didn't care, the words rang through his head like a bell. He was sure it was fake, it couldn't be real. After that whole scene, Rainbow Dash wouldn't do that. It wasn't possible, but it was. It had just unfolded right in front of him, Rainbow had just done the impossible. He blinked his eyes, but the words wouldn't go away. They taunted him and danced in his mind, he shook his head but they stuck like glue.

Take me out on a date.

Andrew winced as he noticed that he was sitting in a thornbush. The small spikes had pierced his skin and clothes, small rivulets of blood trickled down his hands. Andrew got up and started to walk calmly toward the spot where he had left the girls. To his horror, they had discovered that he had dissapeared. They stared at him with accusing eyes. Even the one with the light pink hair that was usually drawn back and quite, Fluttershy was it? But she gave him a stare that made him feel smaller that a grain of sand. He gulped and tried to explain himself but no words would come out of his mouth. Applejack groaned and picked up the shocked boy. She shook him a few times to get him back down to Earth.

"So, are we gonna go to that farm o' yers or not?"

"Ah don' think that now is a good time. Ah need to ask ma Granny and my big sis. But if it's okay with them, then ya can come."

Andrew dashed off hurridly leaving behind a very confused group of girls and a stetson that fluttered onto the ground. Rarity picked it up, dusted it off and placed it on Applejack's head. It was now afternoon and they decided to go find Dex and Rainbow, it was time to head off.

~

In a few minutes they walked into the glade where they saw to blue blurs running around the track. The blue blur in front stopped, it was Rainbow Dash. The second blur toppled over next to her to reveal Dex. He was panting and gasping for air. Rainbow Dash laughed and fell onto the ground next to him.

"You're gonna have to be way faster than that to beat the awesome Rainbow Dash!"

"I *gasp* don't get *wheeze* it. How *cough* do *gasp* you run *wheeze* so *gasp* FAST!"

"Years of practice I guess."

The two laughed as good friends would. Unfortunately the moment was ruined as an overly excited Pinkie Pie came bounding into the scene. She rolled onto the the ground laughing. Dex and Rainbow jumped up in shock, their faces turned beet red as Pinkie started to speak.

"AW! Dat was soooo cute! Are you two in a relationship now? Well? ARE YA, ARE YA, ARE YA, ARE YA?!"

"Dammit Pinkie! It's not like that, well it's just that I might have asked Dex to..."

"What?"

"I might have asked Dex to take..."

"WHAT?"

"I might have asked Dex to take me..."

"WHAT?!"

"I'll speak for Rainbow Dash. I might have asked her out on a date."

"That didn't sound at all what-"

Dash dragged the girl to her feet and clapped his hands like he usually did. The other four girls were open mouthed at the announcement but decided to get over their initial shock. They listened as Dex spoke.

"The day is stil young, so, lets go and I'll show you my other friends, hopefully they won't be as difficult as ANDREW. As he wants to be called. He probably folded up his apple stand, so, lets go. Next stop, the library."

At the mention of a library, Twilight squealed with joy. Maybe she could find her Prince Charming there too, plus some knowledge of the world they were in. The knowledge is more important of course. At least that's what Twilight convinced herself of. Of course.