• Published 7th Jul 2012
  • 3,536 Views, 56 Comments

A Human World - Icewind505



The pony gang wakes up dazed to find that they are in a field but they aren't ponies, they're human

  • ...
14
 56
 3,536

Trouble

Dex and Rainbow released each other and turned around to the source of the voice. They saw five horrified girls and one very angry Andrew. He ran over and tackled Dex to the ground. They tumbled in the dirt while the six girls watched. Andrew took a swing at Dex's face but missed Dex got the upper hand as he used his strong legs to kick Andrew in the stomach. They exchanged blows as Rainbow Dash became more anxious. After a few minutes of this, she couldn't take it anymore.

"STOP!"

Everyone looked at the steaming Rainbow Dash. Her fists were clenched into tight balls, her teeth looked like they were glued to together and flames of fury danced inside her eyes. She pointed an accusing finger at Andrew and started to yell at him with a voice that could have matched the royal Canterlot voice.

"First of all, why are you here?! Did you follow me or something?! Why did you tackle him?! There was no reason to do that!"

Andrew picked himself off the ground and dusted himself off as best as he could. Seemingly unfazed by his bloody nose and the bruises covering his face. He took in a few deep breathes and cleared his throat before starting to answer Rainbow's questions.

"Ah came here 'cause I wanted ta 'pologize to Dex here for bein' so irrational. An' no, Ah didn' follow ya. Dex had shown me this here place a while before. An' I tackled him so he don't end up hurtin' ya like them other girls."

"What other girls?"

"Now, that's just like him, not tellin' ya nothin'."

"What? What didn't Dex tell me?"

"Andrew, don't do-"

"Dex, she has ta know. Let's see if she thinks so high of ya when she hears all 'bout it."

Dex hung his head but didn't object. He knew that it was for the best, but couldn't help feeling remorse at what he had done.

"Now listen here-"

"Wait!"

"What is it, do ya wanna know or not Rainbow?"

"I do, but, I want to hear it from Dex. No exagerations, or lies."

Dex had begun to crawl away before all attention was on him, he tried to run but Rainbow Dash overtook him and grabbed his arm. Her eyes were moist with tears, Dex's own eyes widened. He stopped in his tracks and opened his mouth to speak.

"Okay, fine. Let's just say that I was a "player". I couldn't settle for one girl. I used to live in a big city. I was the fastest runner, everyone thought I was amazing. I had tons of fans, most of them were girls. And I'd just take advantage of them. I'd take one, use it, and throw it away. I never found one person I truly loved. I never managed to. One day I would be with one girl, the next it would be another. I left a trail of heartbreak wherever I went. Soon, I was kicked out of the city by some of the guys that thought I was a no good bastard. Kind of like an unoffical exile. So I came here. I thought I could start over again, doing the exact same thing as I did before. But, then I met my friends. They helped pull me out of it. But still, I think a part of that Dexter is still here."

Rainbow Dash just stared with wide eyes. She had no response but knew what she had to do. She waved a dismissive hand at her friends. They nodded and grabbed Andrew by his arms and started to walk away, even though he yelled and kicked. Rainbow knelt by Dex and smiled. She shook him but his only reaction was to bite his lip so hard that it started to bleed. Rainbow frowned in annoyance and hit Dex on the head with a clenched fist. He stood up abruptly and clutched the top of his head.

"OW! Why!?"

"That brought you back down."

"I'm sorry, you should just leave. I'm trash, I shouldn't be your friend."

"Ugh, don't be so sappy!"

"But-"

"Listen here, I'm not mad. Just a bit angry, and really surprised. I'll forgive you-"

"PHEW! Thank god! Thank you so much, I was so-"

"Wait, you didn't let me finish my sentence."

"Huh?"

"I'll forgive you, IF. You take me on a date."

"HUH!!!!!"