• Published 9th Mar 2017
  • 439 Views, 24 Comments

What's in The Box? - Silver Inkwell



Warning:Contains EVERY tag... except for Second Person. Pinkie Pie wonders what's inside a 'regular, normal, ordinary' cardboard box, so let's find out what's inside!

  • ...
10
 24
 439

Adventure

Adventure

Pinkie Pie hopped through town blissfully unaware of any sad events or things happening that day. She even sung a tiny little merry tune to herself as well too.

“Good morning!” she said very delightfully as she went along.

She hopped along as saw that everything was just perfectly fine, the birds were singing, seven dwarves were whistling as they went to work, oh wait, wrong story, uh the sun was shining and shimmering (boy is that cliché), and she saw all the regular normal ordinary every day stuff and things like Derpy in her cardboard box offering out free hugs (to which there was a very long line surprisingly enough), there was Applejack and her beanstalk (again, wrong story), uh, I mean Applejack and her apple cart selling what else but apples (I bet you would gasp though if it were actually something else completely different and unexpected instead), and there was Rainbow Dash just chillaxing in the clouds.

Yep, everything was absolutely perfect, and everything was certainly going to be just fine. Ha, and like Pinkie Pie couldn’t break the rules of reality and physics, yeah right, I mean it wasn't like she was going to take over my writing or anything like that, right? Yeah, sure thing, right, let’s stick with that story for now.

Anyhow Pinkie Pie wandered on home and found an unmarked box inside with only a very few words that were actually really written on it. For Pinkie Pie.

There was no return address or the name of who might have sent it either.

Pinkie Pie stared at the box wondering what could possibly be inside it.

Could it possibly be something from one of her friends trying to surprise her?

Oh, that would be very good, wouldn’t it? But then again, she wasn’t aware of anything special coming up that was near or around, so it could just be something that they would want to make special instead. Or would it be from some pony very special, perhaps maybe even a secret admirer? Yes, it could be, but then again, she didn’t know of any pony like that, not even among her own friends or in town either as well. Or could it be from a practical jokester like Cheese Sandwich or Discord? She smiled at that thought, the last time that she had opened anything from Cheese the whole entire bakery had to clean up the mess which involved a whole lot of cheese, an accordion, some polka music, and a rubber chicken as well too of course. Whatever it was she hoped that it would be good enough for her since she would hate to get something sad or bad.

Carefully she poked and prodded it just to make sure it wouldn’t explode like some packages of Cheese Sandwich and Discord would do sometimes.

Nope, it wasn’t exploding, well, that was a very good sign to start off with, after all, if it exploded then that would mean yet another mess for Twilight and all of her friends including the cake family to clean up. She then used something Twilight gave her to scan for anything dangerous including magical spells and curses. Nope, nothing there that the device could detect, it looked like this package would indeed be safe for her to open. Slowly she got out a knife and very carefully cut the sides and then lifted them up very carefully and slowly just in case she or some pony else (like Derpy) wanted to use this cardboard box again.

Thankfully it wasn't too hard to do that, and then she finally saw exactly what was at the bottom of the box. Wait, was that a pirate sword? And an eye patch as well too? Who in the whole entire world could possibly be giving her these things and stuff? She didn’t know who, but she did intend to fully find out soon enough eventually, but as far as surprise gifts this definitely wasn't one of the worst things that she had received, in fact it was rather one of the better ones instead. She smiled as she put on the pirate eye patch and grabbed the sword which was rather a very real and accurate precise replica and artifact as well too.

She decided to have some fun and roleplay. “Avast ye mateys, there be a storm up ahead! Prepare for adventure and get ready to face yer death!”

She giggled, wow, it sure was fun to play up as a pirate.

But then suddenly the box glowed blue and then red and then purple as a portal suddenly opened up and sucked her inside and when she was inside she found out something very shocking and surprising, the box had actually really truly did teleport her out to sea on a pirate ship full of pirate ponies while an actual real trues storm raged on out on the ocean! “Captain, whatever will we do?” a random various pirate pony said, “Uh,” Pinkie Pie said unsure of exactly how to react, but when she was the crashing waves as they washed over the ship and the pirate ponies she could only think up of one thing to say. “Cupcakes and ice cream go along very with cake and cookies!” she shouted. The pirate pony (the first mate to be exact, precise, and accurate as well too though) stared up at her like she was crazy (which she was, but probably not insane like Pinkamena), and then said something much wiser instead, “Every pony, brace yourselves!”

And with that said they did as the biggest wave suddenly came up and started to wash over them as Pinkie Pie nervously trembled with great fear.